Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by 4ager
It's damned enlightening that on any other issue where the Tejicans can stand up and thump their chest, they'll bleat "Don't Mess with Tejas" or proclaim that "we've played cowboys and Indians before, but we ain't played..." or some such schit.

Yet, one mention of building a fence and perhaps having to deal with the Cartels and the Mexicans and they'll start in on the "it's too hard; it won't work; it's too dangerous; it's too expensive" line of backpeddling and appeasement. Now, they'll love to tell you about how their ancestors (amazing how many those 300 original settlers begat when it comes time to tout lineage...) "took this land and held it against the Mexicans, the Apaches, the Comanches, the Martians, the Russians, the Spaniards, and the Man in the Moon..." but by damn let it be time for them to have something done about the invasion coming only PARTLY through their area, and whoo boy, it's just not something that anyone should ever consider trying.

Yeah, "don't mess with tejas"... just buy them off.

See my original post in this thread. And the result was I was labeled a damnyankeeite.
And was abruptly told that elimination was not an option.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by coat4gun
Here's a thought. Put an offer out to those illegals already in the country. Work your way to citizenship. Help us build a fence. Room and board for the family and a small salary and citizenship classes required. Once its done you get your US citizens card after passing the test.

Amazing things have been built with lots of manual labor in the past. Don't we have like 25 million illegals?
That's the Democrat Party's number.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Out here WEST of Texas, the idea of defending our state's line has been batted about more than a bit.There are places where a DMZ,....enforced on the South side, is the ONLY thing that will work,....others where, at best, "Defending" this line will incur FURTHER grief and hardship for it's legitimate CITIZENS.

I don't know who came up with this 10 mile DMZ horsechit,....for the START 25 miles looks really good. In places MORE,....but nowhere any less.

TAKE this land,....NEVER give it back to PRI, PAN, or the plethora of shifting slimy alliances popularly called cartels. NEVER give it back to, "The People of Mexico", unless we see a populist movement that actually MEANS something. Reviewing the last coupla' centuries of lost opportunities to do just that leaves me skeptical.

No "checkpoints" on highways and byways North of the line, ...cuz' none are NEEDED,.....put the goddam USCBP on the fuggin' BORDER where it's supposed to be, thank you very much.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Here's a thought. Put an offer out to those illegals already in the country. Work your way to citizenship. Help us build a fence. Room and board for the family and a small salary and citizenship classes required. Once its done you get your US citizens card after passing the test.

Amazing things have been built with lots of manual labor in the past. Don't we have like 25 million illegals?

No their number is just give them a free ride. I say make them work for their ride.

Luke 22:36
εγώ δεν θα συμμορφωθεί
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
It's going to take a special breed again to do what needs to be done. Those types exist today but they will not be allowed to do what needs to be done.

[Linked Image]

You have to get as many of them as you can the first time. There is more at stake than simply just illegal immigrants. They are evil individuals out there doing unthinkable crimes. And they fear nothing because they have nothing to fear, except their jefes.

Best and sanest post on this thread thus far !

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Oh no Greg!!!!! We have to take a more enlightened approach!! Ship them all to Panama!!

Founder

WS

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

See my original post in this thread. And the result was I was labeled a damnyankeeite.

At least I am in good company. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

No their number is just give them a free ride. I say make them work for their ride.
You misunderstand my meaning. The actual number of illegals estimated to be in this country is under great dispute. 25 million is way on the low end. I've heard 100 million before. Likely the number is like, 40 million.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Scott F

Roflmao!

Founder

WS

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
So once the fence is built we start deporting the one's that didn't help.... now that we have a better chance of stopping them from coming back.

(and yes I did misunderstand your point.)

Last edited by coat4gun; 08/18/15.

Luke 22:36
εγώ δεν θα συμμορφωθεί
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The border walls seemed to work very well between East and West Germany after WW2. How about between North and South Korea currently?

Border walls work, it's the type of walls and force used to guard the border walls that is the issue...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's damned enlightening that on any other issue where the Tejicans can stand up and thump their chest, they'll bleat "Don't Mess with Tejas" or proclaim that "we've played cowboys and Indians before, but we ain't played..." or some such schit.

Yet, one mention of building a fence and perhaps having to deal with the Cartels and the Mexicans and they'll start in on the "it's too hard; it won't work; it's too dangerous; it's too expensive" line of backpeddling and appeasement. Now, they'll love to tell you about how their ancestors (amazing how many those 300 original settlers begat when it comes time to tout lineage...) "took this land and held it against the Mexicans, the Apaches, the Comanches, the Martians, the Russians, the Spaniards, and the Man in the Moon..." but by damn let it be time for them to have something done about the invasion coming only PARTLY through their area, and whoo boy, it's just not something that anyone should ever consider trying.

Yeah, "don't mess with tejas"... just buy them off.

I don't believe that I ever called you a damnyankee; correct me if I'm wrong.

As for elimination; two ways to do that - trap and removal of the pests that can be dealt with that way, and if they resist then eliminate the pest permanently.

Same as with any other vertebrate pest management issue.

As for the Panama crack; first place further South I could think of that offered a good port to dock a large ship.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So once the fence is built we start deporting the one's that didn't help.... now that we have a better chance of stopping them from coming back
Personally, I don't want any of them here. Round them up and put them to work on the fence if you want. Then deport them and their families afterwards.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You misunderstand my meaning. The actual number of illegals estimated to be in this country is under great dispute. 25 million is way on the low end. I've heard 100 million before. Likely the number is like, 40 million.

Roughly 1/10 of the entire U.S. population, for reference.

Think about that for a moment and let it sink in.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Yes and I have posted this here before too! But being it was French nobody pays attention to it. And it worked!!! Especially with the artillery batteries locked in!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morice_Line

Founder

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Roughly 1/10 of the entire U.S. population, for reference.

Think about that for a moment and let it sink in.
I don't need to let it sink in. I already understand the issue. I'm half-Texan. The whole of the issue is money. There is money to be made by having them here and money to be made by keeping the border porous for drug running. The root of all evil. We elect politicians that constantly sell us out. Part of it is human nature but part of it is manageable. We the People just have more and more abdicated our responsibility. The more who abdicate, the harder it makes it for those of us who don't wish to.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
When all this mess started, the number that was thrown out there was 12 million illegals. Now we're talking 30? I know they've been coming over in droves lately but....

Build the fence. Build it where ever and however it needs to be built, but build it. That's step one.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes and I have posted this here before too! But being it was French nobody pays attention to it. And it worked!!! Especially with the artillery batteries locked in!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morice_Line
"The Morice Line had a significant impact of the reduction of guerrillas activities by forces that originated from Tunisia. Though the Morice Line was not a 'fortification' in the traditional sense of the word, it was nonetheless effective in reducing FLN activity during the Algerian War."

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Scott F

Roflmao!

Check out my new sig line. smile

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
When all this mess started, the number that was thrown out there was 12 million illegals. Now we're talking 30? I know they've been coming over in droves lately but....

Build the fence. Build it where ever and however it needs to be built, but build it. That's step one.
I think 30 is still low. Then again I live closer to the border than Pennsylvania, Maryland or Wyoming.

Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

489 members (1minute, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 1,832 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,062
Posts18,521,456
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.