Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 26 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 25 26
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by Scott F

Sorry but that is a can of worms we DON"T want opened.

You don't think America has been invaded?

Watch what happens over the next few months in Europe, where they are not using their armies to control their borders. Europeans think like you do.

Our founding fathers had great foresight in enumerating the ways to control government power in the interest of protecting individual liberty and freedom.

Its simplistic to think that providing expedience to the military and law enforcement by eliminating those safeguards will solve the problem. The reality is we already have the laws and means to defend our boarder, what we lack is the will!

You let the military and police run roughshod, they'll run rough shod over everyone. Classic examples, war on drugs and Homeland security. Neither of which have achieved their stated goals, and both of which have turned us closer to the police state our founding fathers fought and died to protect us from.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Sorry but that is a can of worms we DON"T want opened.

You don't think America has been invaded?

Watch what happens over the next few months in Europe, where they are not using their armies to control their borders. Europeans think like you do.

Our founding fathers had great foresight in enumerating the ways to control government power in the interest of protecting individual liberty and freedom.

Its simplistic to think that providing expedience to the military and law enforcement by eliminating those safeguards will solve the problem. The reality is we already have the laws and means to defend our boarder, what we lack is the will!

You let the military and police run roughshod, they'll run rough shod over everyone. Classic examples, war on drugs and Homeland security. Neither of which have achieved their stated goals, and both of which have turned us closer to the police state our founding fathers fought and died to protect us from.

This plus our military is not trained for law enforcement.

This is a law enforcement problem right now and unless we invad Mexico it will remain a law enforcement issue. Before anybody jumps me for that last comment I am not in favor of the US going to war with Mexico.

Key in on the Law enforcement issue. Those in charge of our borders have had their hands tied by those in Washington. It is an almost complete lack of enforcement or even the desire for the problem to go away that has caused the mess we have today. The problem will only get worse as long as our leaders sit on their hands and do nothing. Lets put the blame where it belongs. Generations of our elected leaders have done nothing. I really don’t see that changing.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

PS: I'm just trying to stir up chitt.

PPS: Sorta.

You Dan??? Stir the pot? Say it ain't so. smile

DD is an Azhole, Scott, but a good Azhole, huh? wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I spent an number of hours with Dan and hope to get to spend more in the future.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If anybody thinks the illegal immigration situation is going to CHANGE without massive and alarming alterations to the way we've been living in this country, he's kidding himself.

You know, you just MAY be close to getting onto something,....and are just having a hard time, valiantly trying to pull your head out of your nether orfice , Indie.

How be we make "alarming and massive changes" in the way MEXICANS have been living in THEIR country,..... first ?

Kid around a bit with that, and get back to us.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I'm not disagreeing with your "police state" thingee, but you're blaming the wrong people. Before the "War on Drugs" people went to prison for having them. The "War on Drugs" meant that people were no longer proscecuted for being criminals...they were treated like victims. The same has happened with the "War on Terrorism". The government has taken more action to protect the criminals then the people they are hurting. Same goes for illegal immigration.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Bullsh.it

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So, you don't think it would be better if people went to prison for committing crimes, were deported for being here illegally and killed for being enemies of the country? You prefer felons to be arrested 40 times before seeing prison for the first time, illegal immigration encouraged and terrorists given the same rights as Americans?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pat,

I'm not blaming the cops, they generally do the best they can and get screwed from both ends. Prosecutors and judges that won't/can't put away scum bags, and elected officials that won't stand behind cops.

As I've said before, it is a war on drugs, identify the enemies and kill them. That is a war.

Maybe I'm an idealist but I believe police can do good police work without trampling on peoples rights. Put together a solid case for the prosecutors, prosecute them, and lock them up. That does require the support of local governments, and the courts doing there job when the police have done theirs.

The rise in the use no knock warrants and seizing assets to fund police departments has done nothing to "win the war" but it has caused some peoples rights to be unnecessarily violated.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
You let the military and police run roughshod, they'll run rough shod over everyone.

As kaywoodie pointed out, next year is the 100th anniversary of the US Army under the leadership of Blackjack Pershing (and the junior leadership of that great American, George S. Patton) riding roughshod over and back across the American border, putting the jackboot to a bunch of Mexicans and bringing peace and tranquility to more than a few South Texas ranchers.

Guess there weren't many libertarians among the South Texas ranchers in those days.

Edited to add: And the New Mexican ranchers. Didn't mean to leave them out.

Last edited by tjm10025; 08/18/15.
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

How be we make "alarming and massive changes" in the way MEXICANS have been living in THEIR country,..... first ?

Kid around a bit with that, and get back to us.

And that worked so well for us elsewhere, didn't it?

Fixing Mexico is beyond our means and ability. What ever is wrong with Mexico is wrong because the Mexican people have made it that way. Not the US.

We wall them off, or we give up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Start by giving anyone that hires an employee for more than 40 hours of labor without verifying their documents a mandatory night in jail, second offense- 30 days in jail, third offense- 6 months and if they do it more times than that a felony with 1 year minimum for each illegal they hire. Then give those illegals who perpetrate social assistance program fraud 6 months in jail before deportation in Sheriff Joe's tent jail. The wall will help, tough to drive a semi full of drugs and illegals across the border if there is a functional wall, but other measures will be needed too.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

How about confiscating and selling off the pickup trucks of every independent roofer who hires a crew of illegals at a Walmart?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Wow, a long meandering thread. Build a "high tech" fence and keep them out.
Get immigration back to some semblance of an orderly process.
Its obvious none of the Dems or enough of the Repubs want to do it.
So, who does that leave the job to?

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Follow the money and you will find it leads back to Washington.

We can't fix the border, we can't fix the sovereignty of this nation till we fix Washington.

All three branches of the .gov need a thorough cleaning and placed back in proper order before anything more than lip service happens on all the other issues that stare us in the face.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by 86thecat
Start by giving anyone that hires an employee for more than 40 hours of labor without verifying their documents a mandatory night in jail, second offense- 30 days in jail, third offense- 6 months and if they do it more times than that a felony with 1 year minimum for each illegal they hire. Then give those illegals who perpetrate social assistance program fraud 6 months in jail before deportation in Sheriff Joe's tent jail. The wall will help, tough to drive a semi full of drugs and illegals across the border if there is a functional wall, but other measures will be needed too.

Iirc, we've done that about 14 times since JFK.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I will add in 1916 the American people expected military intervention for their protection along the border. There were US Troops and National Guard units stationed from the Gulf to the Arizona border. It was a different time. The Indian wars were still a very distinct memory in the minds of individuals from Fort Stockton to Yuma.

Did the punitive expedition achieve any goals? Well yes it did. While they did not accomplish their primary mission with the capture of Pancho Villa they did deplete his ability to field a large and threatening force ever again, with the ruination of his bandit army and depletion of his officer corps. Also it gave US Forces needed experience for its entry into the Great War. It showed Imperial Germany that we were a nation not to be taken lightly. On a political front it led Carrenza to begin talks with the U.S. And for his eventual dismissal of support for the plan of San Diego.

Those were different times and the idea of "rules of engagement" translated to high enemy body count.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Somebody has to build and maintain a physical barrier. Otherwise it stays a "free-for-all" with sanctuary cities and politicians who want to appease.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I still like Bristoe's idea for sanctuary cities! wink

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Somebody has to build and maintain a physical barrier. Otherwise it stays a "free-for-all" with sanctuary cities and politicians who want to appease.

It doesn't have to be an actual wall.

Federal military control of the border (which I believe is what an army is supposed to do), suspension of federal funds to sanctuary cities (go, Donald), a serious change in the nature of civil immigration removal proceedings and very real, very serious economic harm to those American citizens who traffic in illegals. There's a start.

Look, even the Mexican government admits there are about 30 million Mexican nationals living unlawfully in the US. I want them all to go away, and I think you do, too. I also want to keep all 30 million of them from coming back. I think you, do, too.

Question is, are we willing to accept what kind of people WE have to become to make that happen?

Page 11 of 26 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

470 members (280Ackleyrized, 12344mag, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 48 invisible), 1,675 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,047
Posts18,521,183
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.