-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The fence is PART of the solution, but one that is clearly too onerous for Tejicans to imagine, so they never even look at the other parts.

There's a hint there.

"Hint" ?

Oh, I get it,...this is a GAME SHOW !

This is a pretty important thread, and one that resonates among more than a few friends here..

I really wouldn't have expected this sorta' horsechit from you,...it's a bit disappointing.

HINT ?

Smug, smarmy, self righteous, CHICKESH,.... for starters.

Don't HINT, Sean,....WTF is it EXACTLY that you have on your mind, and are trying to say here ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
How to build it?

Easy... Hire f'king engineering contracting firms like Halliburton who are in the business of figuring schit out and have them figure schit out.

It's a f'king fence. They are building one for the Saudis to keep ISIS out. They build deep sea drill rigs. They build all kinds of schit. I figure they can figure out how to build a f'king fence.

You "figure" wrong. There are some things which are impractical. Then some things which are impossible. But I'm speaking of the real world.

In your fantasy land,if you can spell it... count it done.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
OK, went back and read my post. I have never said anywhere we should build a fence down the middle of the river. Some may have said so but not I. Nor do I remember saying about not protecting our borders, or calling anybody names for saying so. We are on the same side if you will look an my posts and pull the burr off your saddle blanket.

And don't take to much pride, you are not the first to call me a Damnedyankee, you are just the first to say it and not piss me off. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
This is a macro-economic problem as well as a political and practical problem on the macro level. The solution will be as difficult to endure as it will be as difficult to sell to the populace. All business and political interests will be against any change to the status quo.

Good luck to the candidate that can make the most persuasive argument for the necessary change.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Scott!!! Hey you can take down that tag line now! 4 says I'm now not bona fide either. wink !

Well I can say this. There is not a damn thing I can do about any of this. Call the 911( if call will go thru) when we find Pedro and Inez there barefoot and thirsty on the place. Give em a bottom of water and wait for em to come get picked up. And VOTE when time rolls around. But my crippled azz has one good fight left in it and I'm saving it for the right time.

And that's just about all I can do.

I will close with some lines of Schiller "it is not up to me to decide the fate of Kings."

Last edited by kaywoodie; 08/18/15.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

The fence is PART of the solution, but one that is clearly too onerous for Tejicans to imagine, so they never even look at the other parts.

There's a hint there.

"Hint" ?

Oh, I get it,...this is a GAME SHOW !

This is a pretty important thread, and one that resonates among more than a few friends here..

I really wouldn't have expected this sorta' horsechit from you,...it's a bit disappointing.

HINT ?

Smug, smarmy, self righteous, CHICKESH,.... for starters.

Don't HINT, Sean,....WTF is it EXACTLY that you have on your mind, and are trying to say here ?

GTC

I've already stated that it's a multi-faceted problem that will take a multi-pronged approach and discussed several ways to do certain parts of it.

All I am hearing from Tejicans is that a fence won't/can't work, that it's too dangerous, that it will cost too much, that it will take too long...basically every excuse in the book to NOT try anything.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by 4ager
How to build it?

Easy... Hire f'king engineering contracting firms like Halliburton who are in the business of figuring schit out and have them figure schit out.

It's a f'king fence. They are building one for the Saudis to keep ISIS out. They build deep sea drill rigs. They build all kinds of schit. I figure they can figure out how to build a f'king fence.

You "figure" wrong. There are some things which are impractical. Then some things which are impossible. But I'm speaking of the real world.

In your fantasy land,if you can spell it... count it done.

Impossible and impractical seem to only happen when a Tejican is involved.

Again, perhaps it's best to look at the Red River as a practical boundary, as I don't think Oklahomans are as easy to quit.

You're saying that an entire engineering firm like Halliburton who can figure out deep sea drilling, a fence along the entire Saudi border, desalination plants, and friggin' space exploration can't figure out a damned fence in tejas?

Bull.Schit.

What you're saying is that tejicans lack the will to even try.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
OK, went back and read my post. I have never said anywhere we should build a fence down the middle of the river. Some may have said so but not I. Nor do I remember saying about not protecting our borders, or calling anybody names for saying so. We are on the same side if you will look an my posts and pull the burr off your saddle blanket.

And don't take to much pride, you are not the first to call me a Damnedyankee, you are just the first to say it and not piss me off. grin

NO.... What you did was jump on Sean's little bandwagon.

He couldn't hack it as a Marine.Never served out his hitch.

He couldn't hack it as a Lawyer even after getting his degree.

This forum is all he's got. Between his first incarnation as VANimrod and his current "4Ager" handle he holds the record for most posts on here.

And the majority of them are streaming insults at people who he knows he will never meet.

Y'all deserve each other.

He deserves you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
According to Tejicans, this nation... The one that built railroads across the entire continent, the one that dug the Panama Canal, the one that fought WWII in Europe and Asia simultaneously, the one that figured out manned flight, the manned space flight, then put a man on the moon and brought them back alive, in addition to all the other accomplishments over a little better than 200 years...

Can't figure out how to build a damned fence?

Maybe Tejicans have a low opinion of themselves and what the U.S. is capable of accomplishing, but I'm glad that many of the rest of us don't hold that opinion.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"that it's too dangerous,"

Point out who said THAT.

Or be proven a LIAR.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F

This forum is all he's got. Between his first incarnation as VANimrod and his current "4Ager" handle he holds the record for most posts on here.

And the majority of them are streaming insults at people who he knows he will never meet.

He deserves you.

Gene,

I broke my damned legs up in the Corps. Medical discharge. One doesn't exactly "go for" one of those, and they damned sure aren't intended.

You just stopped to an all time low level, even for a Tejican.

No damned wonder the cartels had such an easy time buying off Tejicans. You're showing how quickly you'll turncoat, and over/for how little.

I used to think relatively highly of you. I was wrong. It ain't the first time I've been wrong, but it will be the last time when it comes to you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"that it's too dangerous,"

Point out who said THAT.

Or be proven a LIAR.

The "plomo o plata" offers as to whether to do business (be bought by) cartels or not. Several have posted what "business" is like on the border, old man, and their words are there if you look.

You won't, and as you've said before - you've lived too long.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
You do realize that you are saying Halliburton can build a 1200 mile fence down the MIDDLE of a free flowing river.

Don't you?

Or... are you doing your patented shuck and jive deflection bullshiit like you did with Birdwatcher?

You phony son of a bitch.

I'm done with you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Didn't say down the middle, you stupid old bastard. Your reading comprehension sucks.

I said their side or ours, and gave ideas as to either.

You're right - you have lived too long.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It is easier than you think to solve this mess. Put a sign all the way down the fence that is electrified with 2,000,000 volts that says welcome to Mexico. The Mexicans that can read will turn around and head back in a stupor. The illiterate ones will end up like a fly in a bug zapper.

Then you take all the border patrol agents to Washington and tell them that the democrats are illegal immigrants and before you know it, America will be just like it was in the 1950's...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's evil.

We could be best buddies!

BD

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
A good start would be not funding the "solutions" nor the reasons why criminals are welcomed....that racketeering and laundering gig should go first; but people like the teet too much, even when the milk is poisonous....

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

He deserves you.

No, that is not at all what happened. He and I are friends but what I have posted here on this subject are my thoughts and not influenced by his comments in any way. And when it comes to service I did 24 years, that was long enough for several of us and I suffer every day far things that happened on active duty. Sean is man enough to stand on his own two feet and does not need any help from me.

Once again, I am on your side and have no beef with you in any way. I really don't know why you are upset with me.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Scott!!! Hey you can take down that tag line now! 4 says I'm now not bona fide either. wink !

Drat, and here I thought we on to something. smile

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

To deny the effectiveness of a fence/wall is to deny history, since they have been effective every where they have been implored. A fence/wall will slow th illegal alien flow from Mexico to a trickle and a bit of enforcement will slow the flow even more. The Russians built the wall in Germany and its effectiveness is well documented. Military's use fences to slow down attackers and they are effective.

A drivable tunnel was built under the English Channel, they can dam sure build a fence/wall along the border.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Page 13 of 26 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

469 members (280Ackleyrized, 1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 3040Krag, 1936M71, 47 invisible), 1,680 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,044
Posts18,521,138
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.