Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 26 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 25 26
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
You seem overly comfortable with expectation of "Above and Beyond" from folks in the very THICK of things. HYPER critical of their failure to deliver goods to your SPEC. as it were.

....maybe it's just that MAGIC understanding of the situation on the line that you folks living miles therefrom that I lack.

For years, you've been dropping hints that you and people you know in the neighborhood are doing what you can to ... well, it's hard to say exactly what it is you're doing because you don't go into details, but it seems to involve telling people from outside the border country to stay away and let the locals handle things.

Handle what? WTF knows, because you never say. You're what, in your 60s now? I suppose you could thump an illegal pretty good if you took one by surprise, but what ever general good you think you're doing for yourselves - you and the rest of the border crew - in terms of "handling" things on the border is of no apparent value to any of the rest of us.

Hence, my belief that you and everybody else along the border should not be encouraged to handle things the way you have (actually) not been handling things.

From my perspective, there's a problem on the border that effects ME, and you're just standing in the way.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"they can dam sure build a fence/wall ALONG the border."

Of course a fence can be built ALONG the border. You can build it ON the border, except for where the border is a river.

Which is over half of the border.

The Devil is in the details.

Build a fence on the North side of the river, and we would be giving the River and substantial land to Mexico. And the infrastructure we would have to build to service and guard the fence/wall would destroy the ecology. Of course, that infrastructure would make it much easier on the wetbacks that DO manage to get past the fence.

The only ones who keep calling for a wall/fence are those who have no familiarity with the Trans Pecos.Even self absorbed idiots like a couple posting on this thread would shut up about building a fence/wall IF THEY EVER ACTUALLY SPENT ANY TIME DOWN THERE.

Until Politicians and Media talking heads are required to address the REAL reasons our "immigration system" is broken, they will continue to chant "BUILD A FENCE".

Then; "I'll build a wall and make Mexico pay for it".

Anybody who falls for that B.S. is stupid as an Obama voter.

Greg noticed this phenomenon many moons ago:

"The further one lives from the border, the more knowledgeable he becomes about the border."

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
yup the only way it would work, would be to put it on the mescan side.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"they can dam sure build a fence/wall ALONG the border."

Of course a fence can be built ALONG the border. You can build it ON the border, except for where the border is a river.

Which is over half of the border.

The Devil is in the details.

Build a fence on the North side of the river, and we would be giving the River and substantial land to Mexico. And the infrastructure we would have to build to service and guard the fence/wall would destroy the ecology. Of course, that infrastructure would make it much easier on the wetbacks that DO manage to get past the fence.

The only ones who keep calling for a wall/fence are those who have no familiarity with the Trans Pecos.Even self absorbed idiots like a couple posting on this thread would shut up about building a fence/wall IF THEY EVER ACTUALLY SPENT ANY TIME DOWN THERE.

Until Politicians and Media talking heads are required to address the REAL reasons our "immigration system" is broken, they will continue to chant "BUILD A FENCE".

Then; "I'll build a wall and make Mexico pay for it".

Anybody who falls for that B.S. is stupid as an Obama voter.

Greg noticed this phenomenon many moons ago:

"The further one lives from the border, the more knowledgeable he becomes about the border."

Piers can certainly be installed in the middle of the river if that is what is warranted and the wall built on top of them close enough to the water to make crossing more difficult.
Our immigration system is only broken as you call it because we do not in force our laws and we hand out free [bleep] to people that not only haven't earned but also broke the law.

Last edited by jwp475; 08/18/15.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
...the only way to make a difference is to take away their incentive to come here. Employment.

And welfare...!

Every form of 'welfare' this country provides is a pretty big incentive too...!

Half right, I think.

Employment is not the issue, sez I. We--or at least I--want as many Mexicans working in the US as we can get. If you're an able-bodied American, and you can't compete economically with a poverty-stricken, non-English-speaking, uneducated Mexican, then you need to be the one solving that problem, not the government.

Matter of fact, I say repeal the minimum wage completely. If a $3/hr Mexican can do the job of a $300K robot, then that's one happy Mexican and fifty years of lower prices for me. (More, if you count power and upkeep for the robot.) Where's the downside?

The problem is not employment, the problem is welfare--including free health care. Get rid of that, and the problem goes away. Lots of problems go away.

You don't have Mexicans out committing crimes, because it takes a lot of hours at $3/hr to feed them and their families. No time for anything but working, eating and sleeping. You don't have mass illegitimacy in the black inner cities, because former welfare queens can no longer support fifteen kids without a husband. (Or even with a husband. Fifteen kids are expensive.) You don't have teenagers idly hanging around on the streets looking for trouble--or even veging out on the couch playing video games--because A) their families need income from them to survive, and B) without a minimum wage, there's a good chance they can get a job making a decent chunk of change even without any skills or education.

As usual, the solution to this particular set of social problems is not new laws, not enforcement of existing laws, but repeal of existing laws. The vast majority of social problems in the world are caused by laws and politicians: more laws and more politicians always make things worse, not better.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
^

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Points to consider:

I can walk the hundred yards from the front door to the highway without stepping over anything. But I ain't bothered with trespassers.

It ain't worth the risk to them.

A physical barrier is worthless against people unless it is manned by guards that are incorruptible. Adding all the new people to the B P has resulted in much more corruption in the ranks.

Over half of our Mexican Border is the center of a River. Build a fence in N.M. ,Az. , and Ca. and you force most of the illicit traffic to the River.

Those who claim a fence can be built DOWN THE CENTER of the Rio Grande have never had to fix water gaps in a fence after a heavy rain. It is a RIDICULOUS suggestion that displays the ignorance of anyone who entertains it for more than a few seconds. There's some pretty good sized Reservoirs on that river as well.

The Federal Gov't has already defacto ceded millions of acres to Mexico by moving the patrols many miles off the River. Building a fence anywhere on THIS side of the River, even though logistically possible, takes land away from American citizens and deprives wildlife and domestic animals of the only sure source of water in a huge area.

The "border problem" can certainly be solved.

But as long as idiots like Trump and O'Reilly are not called on their B.S., no sane voices will be heard.

THAT'S my O.P.

How many REASONED comments did it generate?

My very first comment about my front yard being secure WITHOUT a fence should have prompted some thought.

Derision is NOT commentary.

Crossfire and I became old men by the simple expedient of not dying. It's a mathematical probability that Tim and 4Ager will share that same fate.

Crossfire and I escaped being young idiots by being exposed to old guys who knew how to build stuff and fix things. We learned how to learn.

Unless THEY learn how to learn, 4Ager and Tim will likely become old idiots.

I got stuff to do outdoors.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Every time I read "DOWN THE MIDDLE OF A RIVER..." I hear Matt Foley's voice.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Yeah right.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

building a fence?

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by RIO7
Travis, For a little TWERP!! with a penis fixation,you wouldn't make a pimple on a South Texas, Ranchers ASS! Take your white flag and stick it where the sun don't shine. [bleep] Rio7

Is inheriting land in a schit hole strenuous? Seems pretty easy to me.

Travis

Shouldn't you be on ANOTHER fuuckin' vacation or is next week PTO?

grin

Burned you, you lazy mofuucker!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'll probably take another break when bird season starts.

grin

Clark

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Burned you, you lazy mofuucker!

BUUUUUUUURRN!

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RWE

building a fence?

Impossible.

Travis

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh I'm sure you will!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
2,000 miles of Border.

Pair of boots on the ground every quarter mile - 8,000 people.

Times three shifts - 24,000 people.

Associated support staff - 75,000 people.

If a nation of 300 million plus cannot field a force of around 100,000 people we might as well hang it up.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
two shifts

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
We only need one 'roamer' on the northern border... for appearance sake...

Kent

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
From 1919

[Linked Image]

Interestingly the army stayed on the border until 1922-23

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Wow! They even drew in a Narco hacienda in the background....

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 14 of 26 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (1minute, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 56 invisible), 1,815 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,062
Posts18,521,456
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.