-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 26 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 25 26
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The border will never be secure until Mexico buys into preventing illegal entry into the U.S. They can travel from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific and launch an illegal entry anywhere they find a soft spot.

The only way that we can slow the influx is to removed the economic incentives to come here. We need to be hard-asses: prosecute ad incarcerate those who employ illegals and deny anyone who is undocumented free medical care, unemployment benefits and other support services. Until we do those things, we are kidding ourselves.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
^

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
2,000 miles of Border.

Pair of boots on the ground every quarter mile - 8,000 people.

Times three shifts - 24,000 people.

Associated support staff - 75,000 people.

If a nation of 300 million plus cannot field a force of around 100,000 people we might as well hang it up.

Birdwatcher

Four shifts to allow for time off, but 25% more is still not that much.

There are lots of easy answers, but the one that nobody wants to address is who pays for it. When I started my career in LE, over three decades ago, every illegal alien we encountered was summarily picked up by Immigration and deported. Then the BP funding was cut and they started asking us to hold them in our local jail (which costs money)and they would send a bus, once a week, to pick them up. Shortly thereafter, they asked us to hold them, but would only deport those who had committed felonies or had been deported before. Then we were told to only hold those who had been arrested for felonies (which we obviously did anyway) and they would eventually pick them up. Then we were told to give them a call when we had an illegal felon in custody and get a good address for them in case they needed them after they were released.

My point is that the logistics are easy, secure the border and deport illegal aliens.

Now...realistically...where do you get the money? Social security? (It's biggest form of "welfare" out there.)

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Piers can certainly be installed in the middle of the river if that is what is warranted and the wall built on top of them close enough to the water to make crossing more difficult.

as noted, an approach reflecting a COMPLETE lack of familiarity with the topography, hydrology, and available infrastructural shortfalls.

INDUSTRIALIZING the Trans Pecos is not the objective. Juan and Maria no longer struggle through desert , packing a humble tortilla in a simple cloth sack,....they come to the U.S. on busses and airplanes now, we're tying to stop HOSTILE incursion for crap's sake.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
You seem overly comfortable with expectation of "Above and Beyond" from folks in the very THICK of things. HYPER critical of their failure to deliver goods to your SPEC. as it were.

....maybe it's just that MAGIC understanding of the situation on the line that you folks living miles therefrom that I lack.

For years, you've been dropping hints that you and people you know in the neighborhood are doing what you can to ... well, it's hard to say exactly what it is you're doing because you don't go into details, but it seems to involve telling people from outside the border country to stay away and let the locals handle things.

Handle what? WTF knows, because you never say. You're what, in your 60s now? I suppose you could thump an illegal pretty good if you took one by surprise, but what ever general good you think you're doing for yourselves - you and the rest of the border crew - in terms of "handling" things on the border is of no apparent value to any of the rest of us.

Hence, my belief that you and everybody else along the border should not be encouraged to handle things the way you have (actually) not been handling things.

From my perspective, there's a problem on the border that effects ME, and you're just standing in the way.

From my perspective, there's a problem on the border that effects ME, and you're just standing in the way.

Well, sorry, Pal, but that requires an escalation in return fire that I really would prefer to avoid,....BUT,....

Your idyllic "Rural Indiana, green verdant fields of corn, waving gently in the warm Summer breeze, while healthy Sun bronzed stalwarts toil happily after a nice breakfast of pancakes and sorghum .... ......etc", is the F**ckin' MYTH here, Mister.

This border's been a tough and lawless place for a LONG time, moreso now than ever before now. The fact that large areas still exist and are maintained more or less traffic free is in large part due to the efforts of Joe Citizen,....not any .Gov military effort.

Your MYTH is at this time a burgeoning population of sick HIV positive middle aged druggies, with elderly / aging pill seller parents.....WEANED on Mexican dope, and now requiring an emergency legislative action allowing a free needle exchange,.....and clinics (no DOUBT tax $$ funded) to treat their "illness."

You need to get your azz down here and VISIT, before throwing rocks into other folk's back yard, Mister.

How be you get your Governor to declare martial law regarding whole TOWNS fulla dope traders / prescription drug sellers, and when the FEDS come in and shut his initiative down, try and get your brain around what's happened down here in that regard.

you and the rest of the border crew - in terms of "handling" things on the border is of no apparent value to any of the rest of us.

Your providing a smoking hot marketplace for Mexican dope, and failure to "do something", up there in the land of little white picket fences and scenic church steeples, is of "no apparent value" to the average border resident, Sir.

It is YOUR population that seems to be the problem, when viewed in a clear and honest light.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 08/19/15.

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by curdog4570

THAT'S my O.P.

How many REASONED comments did it generate?

My very first comment about my front yard being secure WITHOUT a fence should have prompted some thought.

Derision is NOT commentary.

Crossfire and I became old men by the simple expedient of not dying. It's a mathematical probability that Tim and 4Ager will share that same fate.

Crossfire and I escaped being young idiots by being exposed to old guys who knew how to build stuff and fix things. We learned how to learn.

Unless THEY learn how to learn, 4Ager and Tim will likely become old idiots.

I got stuff to do outdoors.

OK I read every word. I get it, no fence. Then what do we do. Are we going to mine the border including down the middle of the river? Are we going to stand shoulder to shoulder along the border including down the middle of the river and shoot every man woman or child that shows up? What do we do?

In my posts above I set out my thoughts on stopping the flood of illegals. It did include a fence on the Mexican side but I admit I could be wrong. I also included stopping the free stuff and punishments for hiring.

Now I admit, I have never even seen a border crossing. wink So, I would know nothing about the subject living so far up north. So I am waiting for the solution form those who know. Edgumicate this stupid yankee. (I may have lost the Damnedyankee title but I read the definition or Yankee and I was born and now live north of the Mason Dixon Line and so qualify)

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thus,....

This one's a REAL peach

I'm making a VERY valid point here, and regret any ruffled feathers incurred.

GTC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only way that we can slow the influx is to removed the economic incentives to come here.

Ben, and stop most of the welfare for American Citizens. All of it for able bodied people that can work. This means that if you can sit at a desk and work, even though you can do manual labor, you still have to support yourself. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
1600 miles and completed in under a year:

[Linked Image]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott F

THAT'S my O.P.

My very first comment about my front yard being secure WITHOUT a fence should have prompted some thought.

Crossfire and I became old men by the simple expedient of not dying. It's a mathematical probability that Tim and 4Ager will share that same fate.

Crossfire and I escaped being young idiots by being exposed to old guys who knew how to build stuff and fix things. We learned how to learn.

OK I read every word. I get it, no fence. Then what do we do. Are we going to mine the border including down the middle of the river? Are we going to stand shoulder to shoulder along the border including down the middle of the river and shoot every man woman or child that shows up? What do we do?

In my posts above I set out my thoughts on stopping the flood of illegals. It did include a fence on the Mexican side but I admit I could be wrong. I also included stopping the free stuff and punishments for hiring.

Now I admit, I have never even seen a border crossing. wink So, I would know nothing about the subject living so far up north. So I am waiting for the solution form those who know. Edgumicate this stupid yankee. (I may have lost the Damnedyankee title but I read the definition or Yankee and I was born and now live north of the Mason Dixon Line and so qualify)

Bit of a JIVEY reply, Scott

......have you retained / remembered NOTHING of the proposals to push a DMZ into Mexico,....

discussed for HOW bloody long here ?

By how bloody MANY of us ?

GTC

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Conceptual is for leaders.

Technical is for workers.

The incapable are easily replaced.

Go Trump.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Another little project that couldn't be done.

[Linked Image]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Originally Posted by Scott F

THAT'S my O.P.

Bit of a JIVEY reply, Scott

......have you retained / remembered NOTHING of the proposals to push a DMZ into Mexico,....

discussed for HOW bloody long here ?

By how bloody MANY of us ?

GTC

In my posts in the beginning of this thread I did say a wall with a DMZ on the Mexican side giving up not even one square inch of US soil or river bottom. So, yes I remember it well.

I even know a little of the fence in CA as my baby boy was the project manager in charge of build a big piece of the road on our side.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In my posts in the beginning of this thread I did say a wall with a DMZ on the Mexican side giving up not even one square inch of US soil or river bottom.

Hence, my confusion and a bit of disappointment as well.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Who says the fence has to be an imposing structure in the first place?

Taking advantage of pinch points , patrolling the river if possible . Lookout towers

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Look, the argument that an illegal alien can walk into this Country, obtain legal and political jurisdiction and grant US citizenship for their children is insane.
Go Trump.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm shocked this thread turned tits up....just shocked.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Who says the fence has to be an imposing structure in the first place?

Taking advantage of pinch points , patrolling the river if possible . Lookout towers

STATE (not Fed.) managed

* Light and Medium Artillery,.....PRE-REGISTERED, where feasible.

* A-10 s standing by, if things go really stupid.

* WATER BOMBERS,......

.....I could go on.

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If you push ten miles into Mexico and build one, then at least we can fish Falcon and Amistad without being molested by Federales in gunboats or Rurales and kidnapped or shaken down.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A wall by itself is useless, the Chinese knew this 700 years before Christ. To fortify/defend anything, takes 4 basic steps.

1 - Deter
2 - Detect
3 - Delay
4 - Respond

A all all by itself is step 3 only, simple as that. Until you can ensure you have the other 3 steps, a wall is a waste of money.

Page 15 of 26 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

218 members (17CalFan, 673, 7mm_Loco, 204guy, 30 invisible), 3,151 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,778
Posts18,535,988
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.