-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 26 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 25 26
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After reading this entire thread I can only conclude that the OP meant to post it in some private sub-forum only accessible to those from SW border states.

It was quickly made clear that no outside opinions were necessary even though certain SW border state parties were quite free with their opinion on locales outside of their area of first hand knowledge.

More division of Americans from within, I guess.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Abolish 'any' government handouts for illegals. Period. Tell Mexico...and mean it... that if 'they' allow a single illegal to cross the border into this country, that they (Mexico) will receive zero American dollars from our government for that year.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I was on a Navy base that had some security. When the SEALS pulled a practice raid the were apprehended within ten minutes.

There is a fair sized compound on that base that has two tall fences with razor wire on top of both fences. White gravel covers all the ground between the fences. Proximity sensors every thirty feet. Mines under the pretty white gravel. Skull and crossbones signs posted all around stating use of deadly force is authorized at all times. If you even walk up to within say fifty feet of the outside fence vibration sensors let security know.

It is possible to secure a site if you really want to. In my opinion no one in Washington wants to.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So after reading this entire thread, I think I get curdog's point.

It's too difficult to change Texas, so the rest of the US has to change.

Got it.

grin

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Combine potential solutions
1. build a damn wall
2. put Piranhas in the damn river for Curdog
3. anyone who hires illegals spends 3 years in prison tossing Tyrone's salad.
4. control electronic transfer of funds to Mexico.
5. require voter I.D.
6. No form of welfare for illegals.

Lots of ways to solve problems, what is lacking is the leadership and national will to do so.

This is a national problem, you don't have to live in a specific location to recognize this.

Some people take this crap too seiously.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
If you push ten miles into Mexico and build one, then at least we can fish Falcon and Amistad without being molested by Federales in gunboats or Rurales and kidnapped or shaken down.
you get it

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun
So after reading this entire thread, I think I get curdog's point.

It's too difficult to change Texas, so the rest of the US has to change.

Got it.

grin

My point was that as long as you folks who do not know the geography of the Trans-Pecos - AND THAT INCLUDES A MAJORITY OF TEXANS - accept the premise that a WALL/FENCE goes a long way toward solving the border security problem, NOTHING will change.

Everything that needs to be done to fix this complex problem has been pointed out in this thread. And not by me.

TALK ABOUT A FENCE has sucked all the air out of the debate room for years. So there is no sustained discussion of...

Punish employers of illegals.... yep.

End Sanctuary cities........ yep

End 'catch and release'..... yep

and on and on......

Any border rancher, like RIO7, can distinguish between a "Juan looking for work" and a " Pedro the narco" at a glance. But the Feds treat them both the same.

How often do you hear a meaningful discussion of the "OTM's" when the border is discussed?

You don't.

And as long as Trump can stay at 25% in the polls by saying"I'll build a fence and make Mexico pay for it", there will be ZERO pressure on D C to do a damn thing about securing the border.

And that, my friend, is the point of this thread.

And I'm pretty sure you already knew it.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"2. put Piranhas in the damn river for Curdog"

That's my hunting pard's Lab. And that far bank is Mexico.
I doubt the little fish would stay on their side of the river. Your other suggestions have merit.

[Linked Image]

And how deep a water do the little fishes need?

[Linked Image]

Again... halfway to the far bank is Mexico.

But a couple times a year, the water is twenty feet deep in this spot. Lots of big old trees floating down the middle.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by add
1600 miles and completed in under a year:

[Linked Image]
Teamsters?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
We will breed shallow water,gps enabled, spanglish speaking Piranhas.

A few labs is a small price to pay to protect the people of America.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
And as long as Trump can stay at 25% in the polls by saying "I'll build a fence and make Mexico pay for it", there will be ZERO pressure on D C to do a damn thing about securing the border.

Bro', D.C. hasn't done Jack $ch!t about securing the border FOR DECADES...before Trump ever even entered the picture...! It seems more than a little bit far from the truth to think that 'he' is keeping something positive from happening regarding D.C. doing something to secure the border.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by curdog4570
And as long as Trump can stay at 25% in the polls by saying "I'll build a fence and make Mexico pay for it", there will be ZERO pressure on D C to do a damn thing about securing the border.

Bro', D.C. hasn't done Jack $ch!t about securing the border FOR DECADES...before Trump ever even entered the picture...! It seems more than a little bit far from the truth to think that 'he' is keeping something positive from happening regarding D.C. doing something to secure the border.

No... of course he is not to blame. But HE is the one with the megaphone right now.

SOMEONE just needs to ask him which side of the River he will build his wall on every time he makes his border speech.

And insist that he answer the question.

That could prompt a discussion and reveal the ineptitude of the PTB.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Your providing a smoking hot marketplace for Mexican dope, and failure to "do something", up there in the land of little white picket fences and scenic church steeples, is of "no apparent value" to the average border resident, Sir.

It is YOUR population that seems to be the problem, when viewed in a clear and honest light.

You probably don't know what I do for a living, and assuming that you don't care, I won't bore you. We're not talking about dope coming across the border in this thread. We're talking about tens of millions of Mexican people, who come here and don't leave.

My disagreement with you is not what you are doing to help yourself, but your resistance to the idea that because you don't, won't, can't do anything to help me, I am, in my own modest way, going to do what I can to help myself by working to drop a couple of hundred thousand regular US army combat troops and support personnel on your neighborhood, together with all the uproar that implies.

No to help you, but to help me. Your home, our border.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
At no point in my comments did I say we couldn't build a fence on or near the border. A fence is just materials and labor, back years ago when the gov't started to talk about a fence on the border near here, they placed the cost at $8,000,000 a mile, as per spec's, having done a lot of fence building in my life time, I put the pencil to work and came up with a rough figure of $100 ,000 a mile for cost of a double fence 8'6" high with razor wire in the middle coiled to 8' high that included a right a way on the U.S. side of the fence not a finished road. I figured even with the payoff's to the local senators and reps, I would still make about $5,000,000 a mile.
I didn't want the whole job I just wanted to a contract at $8,000,000 a mile for 25 miles or so. well nothing ever came of it, the fence has never been built.
This year we built 27 miles of 8'6" fence, to replace a fence that was 30 yrs old, that had been climbed and cut down and run thru by Illegals, thousands of times, cost was a little over $15,000 a mile, materials and labor, with no gov't help. and it's a damn nice fence, hope it lasts 30 years. Oh we didn't inherit this ranch we bought it. kinda old fashioned, HUH ! Rio7

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You probably don't know what I do for a living, and assuming that you don't care, I won't bore you.

Jesus wept,....that's COY.

Were you hiding your face behind an Oriental fan, and fluttering your eyelashes at the screen while typing that ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am, in my own modest way, going to do what I can to help myself by working to drop a couple of hundred thousand regular US army combat troops and support personnel on your neighborhood, together with all the uproar that implies.

again,....Jesus wept.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tjm10025

You probably don't know what I do for a living, and assuming that you don't care, I won't bore you.
Thanks. NGAF.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Thanks. NGAF.

I think we're dealing with a chick, here,....if not, someone who sure knows how to act like one.

GTC

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Thanks. NGAF.

And yet you cared enough to write. That's nice.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Coy, chickesh, and intended from the get go to offend.

Page 16 of 26 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

485 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 12344mag, 222ND, 1beaver_shooter, 46 invisible), 1,713 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,051
Posts18,521,250
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.