Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Coy, chickesh, and intended from the get go to offend.

No, that happened later in the thread.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Just East of El Paso, in rural Hudspeth County, TX there is a bridge that crosses the Rio Grande.

It is unmanned and unchecked.

ANYONE can come or go at will.

http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/along-the-border/

"Close the Border" means just that... Enforce our immigration laws in the courts, and give the enforcers in the field some teeth to bite with. Back them up in every way when they DO bite.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Just East of El Paso, in rural Hudspeth County, TX there is a bridge that crosses the Rio Grande.

"Close the Border" means just that... Enforce our immigration laws in the courts, and give the enforcers in the field some teeth to bite with. Back them up in every way when they DO bite.

Back in the 'fifties you could walk across a footbridge at Boquillas with no guards on either side. It would get washed away most years and the locals from both sides would patch it back up.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Thanks. NGAF.

And yet you cared enough to write. That's nice.
Your...wherever.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Back in the 'fifties you could walk across a footbridge at Boquillas with no guards on either side. It would get washed away most years and the locals from both sides would patch it back up.

Been there many times.

They got tired of messing with the bridge, and some enterprising folks got a few horses you can pay to ride across the river, and into Boquillas.

Been a long time since I was there, though.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm on your side Gene. Nobody here that isn't full on retarded, is suggesting actually building a wall down the center of a river. It's not that it can't be done. It's that it's stupid. The question is just whether to build one on this side or the other. My vote is the other. There are definitely ways to keep people out without a wall. I'm not sure that a wall is even needed. Corruption, not just on the physical border and amongst line BP agents, is definitely at the forefront of this issue. A wall is just a physical barrier that reminds all of us that this is OUR country and you don't come here without OUR say-so. A pity that last ain't been true for some time because our leaders have sold us out. I agree that no wall or increased presence is going to do a bit of good if the people in charge of watching the border are bought and paid for.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
People don't like to spend money on fences...or prisons...or enforcement. The fix is easy. Paying for it...not so much.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How about a dome!!?? With a retractable roof.

Last edited by byc; 08/19/15.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byc
How much would a dome cost!!?? Maybe with a retractable roof.

I don't know, but you'll never hear a Politician saying we're going to have to cut Social Security to pay for it.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's a scary thought. I dropped costs because it really doesn't matter. Something has to be built now.

But to your point...and you're scary right...what if they did take/justify 401's to fund security?

Annex?

Go Nats!!!!

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When a Republican hears "raise taxes" or "cut social security" everything else is out the window. It's like saying "drug test" to a Democrat.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Where have we fought our wars? From the sands of Africa during WWII to Afghan and Iraq so IMO we need at least 3 major training sites aka military installations down on our southern border spaced out accordingly to train and at the same time render a vast 'stoppage' to border intrusion just by the sake of those military bases being used to train our troops and 'sack' illegals from coming into the country! Don't tell me it can't be done.....I know better!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by ltppowell
When a Republican hears "raise taxes" or "cut social security" everything else is out the window. It's like saying "drug test" to a Democrat.

Don't forget cut public employee pentions.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
IMO we need at least 3 major training sites aka military installations down on our southern border spaced out accordingly to train and at the same time render a vast 'stoppage' to border intrusion just by the sake of those military bases being used to train our troops and 'sack' illegals from coming into the country! Don't tell me it can't be done.....I know better!!

That's a good idea...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
A lone fence would be useless; it can slow, but not stop border crossers.

The fence needs to be 1,989 miles long (US-Mexico border length) and needs to cover such vulnerable points as rivers, creeks drainage ditches etc. It will be VERY expensive, but even a 50' fence will result in 51 foot ladders. The border will need to be manned, probably at 100 foot intervals to stop individuals who make it through.

This would require about 105,020 manned posts (1,989 miles X 5280' / 100'). Assuming a standard security manning ratio of 4.5 per post (to account for week-ends, holidays, vacations, training time, etc.), this would require a Border Patrol of 475,590 men! What will this cost?

The current Federal civilian workforce is about 2.6 million; of this, the Border Patrol currently has about 20,000 officers. This means that the Federal civilian workforce will grow to about 3,1 million. How many more taxes will be required to pay for this?

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by djs

The fence needs to be 1,989 miles long (US-Mexico border length) and needs to cover such vulnerable points as rivers, creeks drainage ditches etc. It will be VERY expensive, but even a 50' fence will result in 51 foot ladders. The border will need to be manned, probably at 100 foot intervals to stop individuals who make it through.

This would require about 105,020 manned posts (1,989 miles X 5280' / 100'). Assuming a standard security manning ratio of 4.5 per post (to account for week-ends, holidays, vacations, training time, etc.), this would require a Border Patrol of 475,590 men! What will this cost?

The current Federal civilian workforce is about 2.6 million; of this, the Border Patrol currently has about 20,000 officers. This means that the Federal civilian workforce will grow to about 3,1 million. How many more taxes will be required to pay for this?

.gov hath spoken...

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Someone is gonna' come up with a giant bug zapper (not a bad idea) and that will be that. Gets ugly then.

Go Nats!!!!

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by djs

Maybe they can sing red rover, red rover, send Pepe on over...

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Where have we fought our wars? From the sands of Africa during WWII to Afghan and Iraq so IMO we need at least 3 major training sites aka military installations down on our southern border spaced out accordingly to train and at the same time render a vast 'stoppage' to border intrusion just by the sake of those military bases being used to train our troops and 'sack' illegals from coming into the country! Don't tell me it can't be done.....I know better!!

Look,.....the American "host" has spent a small FORTUNE on cancelled live fire exercises on the Barry Goldwater Range over the last 7-8 years, because of the "risk of hitting migrants".

Great stuff,....bombed up and gunned up aircraft flying over OUR residential areas,.....and landing "hot".

I'm OK with that, and will be the last to complain.

When one considers that at the same time that a "Gun Run" was being cancelled on BGR, USCBP were calling out high speed intrusions/ dope loads roaring and running up past Silverbell,...or had clearly IDENTIFIED "spotter hides" on the peaks, ....one has to wonder.

This mysterious Indiannan who thinks he's coy /cute /fetching, demure/ intriguing, and won't tell us what he does for a living ( I think he's an azzwhole, on that score, and KNOW what he does for a living FWIW) says this thread's not about drugs, and that we need Martial Law here.

I'll flex a bit, and back offa' the drugs issue, and fall back to my original premise .

This is about HOSTILE incursion,....NOT "Juan and Maria".

...and I'll tell ya,....at this point I'll guarantee that more Feds = more incursions

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 08/19/15.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by djs

You're a [bleep] inside the beltway idiot, Mate.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (264mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 50 invisible), 1,836 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,059
Posts18,521,394
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.