Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by ltppowell
People don't like to spend money on fences...or prisons...or enforcement. The fix is easy. Paying for it...not so much.

I'd argue that people sure do, simply because they have been engrained to believe that the only ones who can "fix" it or mete out any form of justice are the creeps who created the situation in the first place, long after prevention had been paid for ten times over.

This isn't an issue strictly tied to the border....

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
.gov hath spoken...

unpleasant to think about, but in the interest of American values, it would probably be better if our computer screens, CPUs, whatevers emitted some sorta' rotten smell, everytime DJS puts up a post.

....he's been posting the same defeatist crap forever,....

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In this case, he's right. How is congress gonna pay for it? I'm all for it, but we have to consider reality also.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
cross

I'm not talking about 'mom & pop' exactly but if they're in the group....and based upon what I'm about to type here....they might decide THEY don't need to wade the river! If we had a man in office with a REAL SET OF NUTS, one that wanted this schitt STOPPED BIG TIME, one that wouldn't tie the hands of our military...you give our men an order and a mission to stop the incursions and I'm a firm believer that our military would put a vast stoppage to what's been coming down the pike! Political correctness has to be abandoned and the ROE in favor of OUR SIDE!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B2

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HawkI
People don't like to spend money on fences...or prisons...or enforcement. The fix is easy. Paying for it...not so much.

I'd argue that people sure do, simply because they have been engrained to believe that the only ones who can "fix" it or mete out any form of justice are the creeps who created the situation in the first place, long after prevention had been paid for ten times over.

Good point and some do. But beyond the border.... folks feel it how? Aside from drugs of course. I see and lean more here regarding BP than anywhere else.

Not being cynical and I realize the importance of safe borders. However, lots and LOTS of folks in Virginia and the Carolina's do not. "Immigrants" in rafts aren't washing up on the shores of Myrtle and Virginia Beaches. Or maybe they are.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
How is congress gonna pay for it?

Diminishing/eliminating foreign aide is a damn good starter for the America First crowd.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

By stopping ALL forms of welfare to ALL able bodied people who are receiving it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by add

Diminishing/eliminating foreign aide is a damn good starter for the America First crowd.

Good idea. Where do your representatives stand on that?

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Yup....

Its like saying no one can teach children, other than a "qualified" teacher. And they can't do their best teaching unless properly funded.

So many hearts of gold out there, all they need is the funds to bless us with good fortune and prosperity....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Where do your representatives stand on the issue?

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by add

Good idea. Where do your representatives stand on that?

The ones outside the Israel/Middle East/Africa lobby?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That 3% in NC came from SC when the vote favored to profile and herd certain illegal folks out of the state. More South America than Mexico.

Regardless, now they're gone and folks are complaining.

We had minimal problems but again people remote from the real storms only look beyond their schools and grocery stores. Even morose their own front porches.

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't know. Whoever you guys sent to Washington. They are the one's you should be concerned about.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byc
That 3% in NC came from SC when the vote favored to profile and herd certain illegal folks out of the state. More South America than Mexico.

Understood. Only about half of America's illegal immigration is from Mexico. Other than an inconvenience, most don't cause that much of a problem on the border either. It's the bandidos from Mexico that prey on Americans that are the issue there.

Face it...everybody but the middle class wants them here.

"In 2012 the Obama administration spent $18 billion on immigration enforcement programs; more than the budget for all other federal law enforcement agencies that year combined."

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by HawkI

Good point and some do. But beyond the border.... folks feel it how? Aside from drugs of course. I see and lean more here regarding BP than anywhere else.

Not being cynical and I realize the importance of safe borders. However, lots and LOTS of folks in Virginia and the Carolina's do not. "Immigrants" in rafts aren't washing up on the shores of Myrtle and Virginia Beaches. Or maybe they are.

Its designed for them NOT to feel it; but the piper will demand payment...

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

When Pedro, muslims and Africans show up not being able to communicate but having a Homeland Security card or a Mexican consulate resident card as ID along with all kinds of cash, maybe even Virginia Beach will know.

Odd, I see it every day, but I guess my eyes aren't closed.

Maybe at an elementary "Holiday" music event, it might register with anyone who isn't Mr. Magoo.....

No one in Virginia Beach notices an unemployed meth head buying $400 purses at the middle of the day at the mall? Showing up where you work?

The bottom line is that if you're a taxpayer with a job, you are funding your own demise, period. The agencies that you and others pay for to protect your borders, teach your kids are pretty much against you, simply based on the results.

I can't be any more blunt about it....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
cross

I'm not talking about 'mom & pop' exactly but if they're in the group....and based upon what I'm about to type here....they might decide THEY don't need to wade the river! If we had a man in office with a REAL SET OF NUTS, one that wanted this schitt STOPPED BIG TIME, one that wouldn't tie the hands of our military...you give our men an order and a mission to stop the incursions and I'm a firm believer that our military would put a vast stoppage to what's been coming down the pike! Political correctness has to be abandoned and the ROE in favor of OUR SIDE!!

As Ron's already pointed out, there are HOLES in our "fence", concurrent and coordinated with USCBP "no go" zones,...whether from "ecological sensitivity" or "TOO DANGEROUS",....THAT is, and HAS BEEN the state of affairs here, for quite a while.

Over in Douglas, Agua Preitta, we find DOORS cut into the fence, with LOCKS installed, on the Mex. side

You've seen the vid of the "jack up" fence, .....that one's off to my West,....

The "National Guard" sent here COWERED under green tarps as cartelistas walked through their "positions"

ROEs do not have to be unmerciful,....

where a coupla' warning shots will suffice.

A muscle bound Guatemalan or Salvadoran 16 year old mule, covered with MS 13 tats is not a "Child" in my universe, and if you want to eschew warning shots, ....that's fine by me.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Where do your representatives stand on the issue?

Depends on how much money gets donated and who donated to their campaign.

Hard for a guy to know, being they are all up front, good people....with long term visions.

I do know that some new suburbanites wanted to build a "water park" in town, but not to the point that they alone should pay for it. That's what voting is for....

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well...no argument from me. And that's about as blunt as I can be! grin

Go Nats!!!!

Page 18 of 26 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

469 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 47 invisible), 1,766 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,036
Posts18,520,993
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.