Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 26 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 25 26
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
We do need to have the argument.....and its about funding.

Its amazing to me how I get my ass chewed about how much it costs to replace a 15 year old vehicle part but the same assclown can get fleeced for over 20 percent of his income, sight unseen, to import and fund an MS-13 member who drives a two year old Cadillac....

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ltppowell
In this case, he's right. How is congress gonna pay for it? I'm all for it, but we have to consider reality also.

Seize all SS funds and do away with the system. Do away with the VA and all involved. Stop all welfare. Stop all Medicare and Medicare. Close all jails and prisons. Just execute all incarcerated. Stop paying the military. it is simple really.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Scott F
In this case, he's right. How is congress gonna pay for it? I'm all for it, but we have to consider reality also.

Seize all SS funds and do away with the system. Do away with the VA and all involved. Stop all welfare. Stop all Medicare and Medicare. Close all jails and prisons. Just execute all incarcerated. Stop paying the military. it is simple really.

Of course most people left to their own devices take care of those worth taking care of.
All else is a simple matter of eliminating waste, which some people are.

Of course its always better to kick the can down the road knowing someone else will be able to deal with it.

I don't know about you, but like most people I blow the next paycheck on beer and eat the months groceries in a day....because someone needs to be responsible and deal with real consequences.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Scott F

eek eek

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
This is about HOSTILE incursion,....NOT "Juan and Maria".

The hell it isn't.

IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I imagine anyone with half a brain could figure out how to shuffle military resources from nonessential out of country to down on the border.

Kent

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
This would require about 105,020 manned posts (1,989 miles X 5280' / 100'). Assuming a standard security manning ratio of 4.5 per post (to account for week-ends, holidays, vacations, training time, etc.), this would require a Border Patrol of 475,590 men! What will this cost?

A manned post every 35 yards or so?

Depends on the nature of the terrain. Whatever the terrain I figure manned posts on an average of 440 yards. Detection would be their primary function as opposed to interdiction.

Spacing would be closer some places, further apart over the vast open spaces out West.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I figure manned posts on an average of 440 yards. Detection would be their primary function as opposed to interdiction.

What's the point of detecting them, then?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
No manned outposts...

tactical response teams.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Well, not watch towers spaced on the border... vantage points utilized obviously.

Kent

IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A good FO and some air support would be nice.

I'd settle for 3 jarheads and a 4 deuce as a start.

We could ramp it up from there when the coyotes start targeting the OP's.

Someone just has to give the order to take off the gloves and put on the brass knuckles.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Estimated cost is 140 billion over 20 years. My guess is that illegals easily make up that much of the 2.5 trillion spent on Social Security, medical and health care. The answer is easy. Implementing it, not so much. We are still a democratic republic, and as long as the States send screwballs to Washington it ain't gonna happen.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by krp
No manned outposts...

tactical response teams.

Kent

Some years back I did a little hangin' out with (at that time) State Senator Frank Antonori. Actually worked on his campaign for a while.

His views on surveillance / response parallel yours, Kent.

Had the formation of the Arizona State Guard not been obstructed and thwarted the application of his methodology would have been VERY effective, and founded on AFFORDABILITY, and practical personal experience in the field.

His book, “Roughneck Nine-One: The extraordinary Story of a Special Forces A-Team at War," is a worthwhile read.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp
Well, not watch towers spaced on the border... vantage points utilized obviously.

Kent

Shoot the present occupants of the vantage points.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The longer this is debated, the harder it will be to implement.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
This is about HOSTILE incursion,....NOT "Juan and Maria".

The hell it isn't.

WTF is it you don't understand about clear and prevailing evidence that J&M are FLYING in , and RIDING in,....no longer trekking across the frontier ?

Guess you're not going to tell us what you do for a living, either.

Carrying on a "debate" with you is like flirting with a Geisha girl.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Illegals cost the tax payer over 100 billion a year, about 3/4s of that by the state yaxpayer.

Start knocking that down by percentages and eventually, even if you only reduce illegals by 50% you will see a substantial improvement in savings, plus removing a high percentage criminal element.

Of course saying it won't be done doesn't mean it can't be done.

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by krp
Illegals cost the tax payer over 100 billion a year, about 3/4s of that by the state yaxpayer.

Start knocking that down by percentages and eventually, even if you only reduce illegals by 50% you will see a substantial improvement in savings, plus removing a high percentage criminal element.

Of course saying it won't be done doesn't mean it can't be done.

Kent

Of course it can be done. Is John McCain going to do it?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The costs keep snowballing as well. Increasing every year. Every day.

We don't need to be saying "Enough".

We need to be screaming it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Shoot the present occupants of the vantage points.

I don't know how the cartels can afford to have lookouts, run expensive, armored, weapon mounted, hightech, nightvision, highspeed blackout, across 100 miles of desert roads... it's got to cost them trillions.

And I don't know why a BP agent with a tahoe, glock, intermittent radio and two hours from backup can't sit in the road and yell stop at them...

Kent

Page 19 of 26 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (264mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 53 invisible), 1,864 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,058
Posts18,521,375
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.