Page 20 of 26 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 25 26
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by krp
Illegals cost the tax payer over 100 billion a year, about 3/4s of that by the state yaxpayer.

Start knocking that down by percentages and eventually, even if you only reduce illegals by 50% you will see a substantial improvement in savings, plus removing a high percentage criminal element.

Of course saying it won't be done doesn't mean it can't be done.

Kent

Of course it can be done. Is John McCain going to do it?

Nope... I like Cruz but he isn't either.

Kent

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by krp
Illegals cost the tax payer over 100 billion a year, about 3/4s of that by the state yaxpayer.

Start knocking that down by percentages and eventually, even if you only reduce illegals by 50% you will see a substantial improvement in savings, plus removing a high percentage criminal element.

Of course saying it won't be done doesn't mean it can't be done.

Kent

Of course it can be done. Is John McCain going to do it?

Nope... I like Cruz but he isn't either.

Kent

Neither is Trump...by himself. That's my point, if they were all Cruz's and Trump's, it would be snap. It can happen, and hopefully it will, but "Make America Great Again" is just a photo negative of "Hope and Change". That's not a bad thing, but it is...what it is.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
So this is a Trump thread?

I thought your point was funding... and then political will of implementation.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun
So after reading this entire thread, I think I get curdog's point.

It's too difficult to change Texas, so the rest of the US has to change.

Got it.

grin

Build the wall... on Texas' Northern border wink

Actually, just build an Interstate highway along the border.. They come with fences on each side.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I realize you're trying to be funny, but I don't believe people understand the magnitude of the task being suggested. It would take many years just to gain viable access to most of the Rio Grand to begin construction of a wall, much less the construction itself. Can it be done? Sure. Do we have the political will? I doubt it.

[Linked Image]

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Willing to do something about it is the catch 22.

Not all areas are conducive to a fence or wall. But, if willing, the border CAN be shut down effectively.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by krp
I imagine anyone with half a brain could figure out how to shuffle military resources from nonessential out of country to down on the border.

Kent

[Linked Image]

Yep.

But that's the point.

600 Billion and we're being invaded.
What/why are we paying for, seriously?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Texas has a barrier with the river, a phsical barrier is just a symbol and only as strong as enforcement.

Places in az could use a better symbol than a barber wire fence. But without enforcement any materials used would become salvage scrap for Beto with a torch.

Kent

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by krp
I imagine anyone with half a brain could figure out how to shuffle military resources from nonessential out of country to down on the border.

Kent

[Linked Image]

Yep.

But that's the point.

It's a military funding issue not a SS funds issue.

Kent

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I figure manned posts on an average of 440 yards. Detection would be their primary function as opposed to interdiction.

What's the point of detecting them, then?

To notify the local cavalry of course.

Also to compile detailed data on the number, nature and location of incursions so as to allocated said mobile cavalry posts more effectively.

Of course, all this wont happen without the political will, and as pointed out, funding.

Forgot the other thing people have suggested; go after all the Americans who hire 'em by the millions.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I realize you're trying to be funny, but I don't believe people understand the magnitude of the task being suggested. It would take many years just to gain viable access to most of the Rio Grand to begin construction of a wall, much less the construction itself. Can it be done? Sure. Do we have the political will? I doubt it.

[Linked Image]

I understand Pat.. Just making light of a situation that could be solved if people were willing to do so.

Treat and defend our borders just as we treat and defend the front door of our home.

So simple... and it would work.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hear ya. Don't think we haven't considered that wall on the northern border of Texas as well. laugh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The illusion of security.

Plus the govt. gets to say: "We ARE doing something about it..."

Yeah, right.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

[Linked Image]

Yep.

But that's the point.

There it is.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
laser beams,like giant bug zappers.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Willing to do something about it is the catch 22.

Not all areas are conducive to a fence or wall. But, if willing, the border CAN be shut down effectively.

I agree completely.

But we can't let Mexico dictate what constitutes acceptable rules of engagement and expect to get the job done.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Curdog< I couldn't agree with you more, This morning we had 3 Illegals climb a gate on the south ranch, one of them fell off the gate into a cattle guard and broke his leg badly,spent the morning waiting on the B.P. and EMS to come and take him to Rio Grande City, for medical care, don't know what that's going to cost but we are all going to pay for it. Rio7

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RIO7
Curdog< I couldn't agree with you more, This morning we had 3 Illegals climb a gate on the south ranch, one of them fell off the gate into a cattle guard and broke his leg badly,spent the morning waiting on the B.P. and EMS to come and take him to Rio Grande City, for medical care, don't know what that's going to cost but we are all going to pay for it. Rio7

I knew an old boy..dead now... that got run over in Jaurez one night and broke both legs. He came to in the wee hours propped against the wall of the bus station in El Paso.

And No, he had not been given medical attention prior to being dumped there by the Mexican cops.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RIO7

Blue, you'll be lucky if you don't hear from his lawyer.

Rancher I knew in Uvalde had that happen. He told the lawyer to GFH. Never heard back. Been a few years ago though.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
When I got there he was still in the cattle guard with both bones of his lower leg sticking out thru his pants, we got him out and first aid, don't think he has a lawyer on his mind, he couldn't thank us enough. I know the E.R. Doctor they took him to I will find out later today how he is doing. Rio7

Page 20 of 26 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

469 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 48 invisible), 1,762 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,036
Posts18,520,993
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.