Print Thread
Hop To
P
powdr Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
My son enrolled yesterday in a graduate bio medical technology degree program at a local university here in Texas. There are 124 in the class and only 4 are from America...I don't know what to think of this? powdr

GB1

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The other 120 Americans are making $$ on tech.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by powdr
My son enrolled yesterday in a graduate bio medical technology degree program at a local university here in Texas. There are 124 in the class and only 4 are from America...I don't know what to think of this? powdr
Congratulations to your son. That should be a rewarding field.

Too bad more American's don't believe so, or have the grades to cut it. I'm believing more of the latter.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
There are 124 in the class and only 4 are from America...I don't know what to think of this?

No worries.......Obama will make citizens out of them before their graduation......along with paying their tuition, with your tax dollars.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Yup, and I bet most of the foreigners got a free ride!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On the contrary most foreign students pay full tuition at universities.

Foreign student makeup varies by university, our daughter is studying bio chemistry and 10% of the undergrad class is international students, 27% of the grad students are international students.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by NJelksmacker

Don't worry. Our kids are Champs and everything will be A OK. whistle

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He picked a good field of study !

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't know what to think of this?

I think our kids are too lazy to study that hard. They want to take basket weaving and expect to graduate with a BS and become head basket weaver and get $125K starting wages.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I see this every year when we attend the UF Graduation ceremonies. Hardly any Americans are graduating in the hard sciences, or in medicine.
Chinese, Indians, Eastern Europeans, Africans, muslims. No Americans.

Sam......

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I see this every year when we attend the UF Graduation ceremonies. Hardly any Americans are graduating in the hard sciences, or in medicine.
Chinese, Indians, Eastern Europeans, Africans, muslims. No Americans.

More Women then Men taking the Hard Sciences is my observation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not surprising given the primary education system has a strong anti boy agenda and bias.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I worked for years in R&D in the seed industry. One year, about 2005 more or less, I saw a publication that in that particular year, there were about 200 PhD's awarded to Americans in horticulture. The same year, Chinese colleges awarded 2400. These are the guys who develop what you get on your dinner plate.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That's funny. Just about anyone with a decent GPA can get an assistant ship to get a graduate degree in one of the sciences. If most of the foreigners got aid, they got the grades.

Very few Americans are interested in working through grad school at starvation wages for five years. They'd rather go into debt for 200K and get a law degree......

Sic Semper Tyrannis
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The result of a culture where every kid gets a trophy, just for showing up.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I wish it was because more 'boys' are going for a skill set, but I'm not sure that's it either.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Somewhat of a tangent on the issue, but tuition in foreign schools is absurdly high, or the curricula not worth the time of day. For these reasons foreign students flock to America. That they pay full tuition is a reason why universities flock to them. College isn't about education for the most part these days, it's a farkin' industry.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Dutch

That's funny. Just about anyone with a decent GPA can get an assistant ship to get a graduate degree in one of the sciences. If most of the foreigners got aid, they got the grades.

Very few Americans are interested in working through grad school at starvation wages for five years. They'd rather go into debt for 200K and get a law degree......

what I see happening, is that colleges and universities contract with other countries. Their students come here for school, and their countries pay the bills. Full price too. This allows American universities to stay open. Literally. We would have to close most scientific schools, and lay off the professors, were it not for these foreign arrangements.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
[

what I see happening, is that colleges and universities contract with other countries. Their students come here for school, and their countries pay the bills. Full price too. This allows American universities to stay open. Literally. We would have to close most scientific schools, and lay off the professors, were it not for these foreign arrangements.

Absolutely. The local university has active, full time, recruiting offices in the Emirates and Saudi. They bring in over 1,000 students from those countries each year. Full price, and it's what pays for all the pet programs. Never mind that the students are not performing and the average GPA is in the low 2's.

Universities aren't about education. They are about keeping the checks coming, the consulting opportunities coming, the butts in the seats.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by eyeball

Don't worry. Our kids are Champs and everything will be A OK. whistle

Of course they are, they have the participation trophies to prove it.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (222ND, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 45 invisible), 1,992 guests, and 1,124 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,877
Posts18,478,900
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.