Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
There used to be a guy on here that did trigger jobs on ARs. Anybody know who that is and if he is still doing them? Thanks

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
RRA has match triggers on sale for $ 70 or so, a trigger job is not the best idea.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Change out the springs or buy an aftermarket rig

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
NO. Do NOT let someone do a trigger job on your AR.

Either buy RRA or other or swap springs but polishing and adjusting standard trigger you WILL REGRET.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jimmyp
RRA has match triggers on sale for $ 70 or so, a trigger job is not the best idea.

^^^This^^^

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I just built a new AR and used Tridents new 4# tactical trigger....Cost 75 bucks from Primary Arms. This is one sweet trigger!!!!!Feels just as good as my sons POF drop in for less than half the cost.

“When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Sargenthome.com

This trigger mod is older than Methuselah and is an expedient way to upgrade your trigger, despite what the experts say above.

I use RRA NM 2-stage triggers in my ARs, (never paid no $70 or whatever they are going for now days) even have a $200 Jewell 2-stage in my LR AR, but also use JP spring sets for many around the farm here and yes I polish, tweak and do things others above have denigrated and ya know not one person has been disappointed or upset over getting a better factory trigger pull, which helps them shoot better w/ their AR.

JP Spring sets cost around $14 @ MidWayUSA and the link above costs 15 minutes, both work for a lot less than aftermarket triggers which some folks cannot afford and deserve to pointed out to the uninformed.

Last edited by DwnRange; 08/24/15. Reason: spellin
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
That ain't a mod like folks pay for... 20 cycles of the trigger with some polish compound is not going to accomplish much at all, but OTOH, its going to be safe...

The experts above have BTDT on single stage trigger jobs, if you shoot any amount, the serious jobs will eventually fail. At least I agree something is better than nothing, but it sure won't make me happy. When you put 20K plus rounds down the range in the AR a year, when we were shooting, you get a bit picky...

Believe it now, or pay someone and cry later....

Where do you find RRA for less than 70? I"d sure like that link.... I could use about 15 more triggers....

Jewel is still junk in an AR.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Yep the "15 minute" trigger job isn't a bad option to clean up a stock trigger but it's no where close to a good trigger, neither is a Jewell in an AR unless you like readjusting them from time to time.

What most folks try to accomplish requires changing the angles so the hammer isn't cocked further with the trigger pull, a built in safety BTW. And just like sarge says, the triggers are only surface hardened, go beyond the hardened steel and it's just a matter of time before it screws up.

Read lots of disgruntled reviews of Bill Springfield's trigger work but there are just as many positive reviews too. Just depends on how many rounds folks shoot.

Save the headache and get a real trigger, RR is a good one, Geiselle is another one. All depends on how serious you want to get.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
Where do you find RRA for less than 70? I"d sure like that link.... I could use about 15 more triggers....

$80 shipped for the NM or varmint.... http://www.ar15sales.com/store/miscparts.html

$62 plus shipping for the NM or varmint.... https://www.rockriverarms.com/index...&CFID=513522946&CFTOKEN=96205641

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B3

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
www.triggerwork.net

I have a Bill Springfield trigger with over 1k rounds through it and its beautiful. Breaks like glass at 3lbs.

Last edited by Balistic; 08/26/15.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Had two of the same triggers done years ago, same type that he does.

1000 rounds is not many rounds for us at all.

Lets just say at some point, most folks aint gonna be happy, especially when for 60-80 bucks they could have put a proper trigger in there...

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by TWR
Yep the "15 minute" trigger job isn't a bad option to clean up a stock trigger but it's no where close to a good trigger, neither is a Jewell in an AR unless you like readjusting them from time to time.

That's what locktite is for.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 08/26/15.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

All 4 of mine had the polymer lockers and never saw the screws turn, but if you fire enough rounds they will start doubling, loctite and all. Turned me off of any adjustable triggers.

There are much better triggers out there.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by TWR

I had mine that had issues, as in not screws moving, but in 5 pulls in row, the weight coudl go up and down in pull weight on a scale.

The very first jewel I had, as it came on an experimental run from the factory for us to test did NOT do that.

I bought 3 a few years after that and Chris F was right, prettty much dumped em again as fast as I could once I put a pull gauge on em.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Look at the ALG triggers. I had an ACT and QMS. I preferred the QMS. They run about $40-$60. MUCH better than mil spec. You can also get LPKs with them from Brownells.

ALG is Geissele's sister company FYI

Last edited by tarheelpwr; 08/26/15.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Ive had my RR double a time or two

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
if an RRA doubles, its not adjusted correctly OR the shooter is not used to two stage.

I've seen both happen.

Its not that the RRA is going soft, like normal single stage polished triggers do, its just that the trigger is not properly adjusted.

FWIW.

I have a BIL that can NOT shoot any of my M1s for some reason, doubles em all the time, I've NEVER doubled one of them.

T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I'm running 3 of the cheap Geissele G2S's with lighter trigger springs that run 3.5 lbs and I like them. Had one of them not reset all the time due to a tight pin and the light spring of course. Changed pins and have over 600 rounds fired with no issues.

So yes, sometimes the slightest thing wrong can screw it up. But my problem with Jewell's and 1 in particular, it started out fine but before long, I'd have to add a little more sear.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,854 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,849
Posts18,478,465
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.