Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 49 1 2 3 4 5 48 49
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
There is nothing wrong with questioning anything in this world for intellectual debate, as long as both sides remain open to admit error, or learn/accept new concepts. When a debate is started for the sole purpose of discussing a concept in which neither side will do the above it is called a argument. I see no true purpose in this discussion other than to argue. Their is just as much proof of God as there are aliens, and evolution. So neither side is at a advantage here in this argument.

I believe that their is a God. Not because I was raised Christian, although I was. I personally have sought knowledge and answers. I at one point classified myself as agnostic. I also believe in evolution, just not that we evolved from single cell life forms in a pool of bio matter. We as humans will never fully/truly understand the universe we live in, so we should remain open minded to many new things in this life

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by krp
Reminds me of the joke... a bible thumper and an athiest walked into a bar...

Kent

The Atheist and the Bear!

An atheist was taking a walk through the woods, admiring all that the evolution had created. "What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals!", he said to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly charge towards him. He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was closing.

He ran even faster, so scared that tears were coming to his eyes. He looked over his shoulder again, and the bear was even closer. His heart was pumping frantically and he tried to run even faster. He tripped and fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick himself up but saw the bear right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to strike him.

At that instant the Atheist cried out "Oh my God!...."
Time stopped.
The bear froze.
The forest was silent.
Even the river stopped moving.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky, "You deny my existence for all of these years; teach others I don't exist; and even credit creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked directly into the light "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask You to treat me as Christian now, but perhaps could you make the bear a Christian?"

"Very well," said the voice.
The light went out.
The river ran again.
And the sounds of the forest resumed.
And then the bear dropped his right paw ..... brought both paws together...bowed his head and spoke:

"Lord, for this food which I am about to receive, I am truly thankful...AMEN!"

Author Unknown

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by krp
Reminds me of the joke... a bible thumper and an athiest walked into a bar...

Kent

Is that the one where the Bible guy hits his head and says "ouch", but the athiest hits his head and yells, "God Dammit!"

I always liked that one...

Ha! the 'damn' it by atheist's always cracks me up.

A bible thumper and an atheist walk into a bar... everyone groans and walks out.

Kent

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Are Atheists more honest than Christians?

How could atheists possibly be more honest......when they don't know the TRUTH?

I know I'm more likely to be [bleep] over by a 'Christian', that I know.

You're more than welcome to an afterlife with Ken Howell and Ringman.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
another imbecilic thread

Sam......

IC B2

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
The wise old indian...

Two twins in the womb.

Fisrt one says, I'll be a wolf when we leave this cave.

The other, no there is nothing outside this cave.

You don't want to be a bear or eagle, buffalo or snake?

No,there is nothing outside this cave.

The first says, there is a mommy and warmth and best of all love.

There's no evidence, it's a lie.

Look, look, a light, it's opening can you see it!

There's something, it's, it's...

Then an abortionist pierces their brains with forceps and pulls them out to harvest their parts.

Kent

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by krp
The wise old indian...

Two twins in the womb.

Fisrt one says, I'll be a wolf when we leave this cave.

The other, no there is nothing outside this cave.

You don't want to be a bear or eagle, buffalo or snake?

No,there is nothing outside this cave.

The first says, there is a mommy and warmth and best of all love.

There's no evidence, it's a lie.

Look, look, a light, it's opening can you see it!

There's something, it's, it's...

Then an abortionist pierces their brains with forceps and pulls them out to harvest their parts.

Kent

The irony of that is there wouldn't have been any abortions going on in Indian country if it weren't for a bunch of Christians wanting religious freedom.

God does have a sense of humor, if nothing else.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The irony of that is there wouldn't have been any abortions going on in Indian country if it weren't for a bunch of Christians wanting religious freedom.

[Linked Image]

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kevinJ
There is nothing wrong with questioning anything in this world for intellectual debate, as long as both sides remain open to admit error, or learn/accept new concepts. When a debate is started for the sole purpose of discussing a concept in which neither side will do the above it is called a argument. I see no true purpose in this discussion other than to argue. Their is just as much proof of God as there are aliens, and evolution. So neither side is at a advantage here in this argument.

I believe that their is a God. Not because I was raised Christian, although I was. I personally have sought knowledge and answers. I at one point classified myself as agnostic. I also believe in evolution, just not that we evolved from single cell life forms in a pool of bio matter. We as humans will never fully/truly understand the universe we live in, so we should remain open minded to many new things in this life

Any "god" incapable of convincing "his" creatures of his existence would not be worthy of the title.

Of course, it requires the creature to have an open mind on the subject.

Interestingly......... those creatures who have truly opened their mind to the possibility of a Creator God become more convinced of His existence than of any other "fact" in the Universe. All other "facts" fade into insignificance once The Great Reality is revealed.

Thus convinced... an honest man can not try to convince another of the existence of a Creator God.

He can only relate HOW he came by his belief, and WHAT he has gained as a result of the exercise in open-mindedness.

A person self identifying as an Atheist does not have the capability of opening his mind to the extent required for the "exercise" to bear fruit.

Perhaps the best "proof" of God's existence is found in those instances where He instantaneously - seemingly of His own volition - blasts through the armor of the closed mind of one of His creatures in what's referred to as a "conversion experience".

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
according to a small but growing subset of the world, we all may have been misled from the start.

evidence is beginning to point the establishment of humans by a extraterrestrial input. thereby what the old people thought of as "Gods" were their extraterrestrial Creators.

not everyone accepts this new thought. and not everyone has to accept it.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

[Linked Image]

I'm continually told this is a Christian country that was started as a Christian nation. I'm guessing it was the atheists that did the Indian killing.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is evidence for one of those theories

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
[Linked Image]

And yet you have no problem believing an ultimate being just began, or has always been.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Snyper

The science community always has it all figured out, eh?

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by EdM
I rather successfully ran my career as an agnostic. I worked just fine.

For lots of people, their biggest problems start after they're dead.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by EdM
I rather successfully ran my career as an agnostic. I worked just fine.

For lots of people, their biggest problems start after they're dead.

Is that something you've heard about, or something you've read about? Or do you have some personal experience with that?

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by antlers
Some Atheists seem to be just as passionate about their Atheistic beliefs as others are about their Christian beliefs. They zealously defend their Atheistic beliefs, as others zealously defend their Christian beliefs. Christians cannot prove God's existence, and Atheists cannot dis-prove God's existence.

I think in many instances it's not being passionate about being an atheist, it's being tired of being told who/what/when/where by Christians.

I can understànd where you're coming from. Many people's animosity and disdain isn't so much directed at God Himself, but at those who claim to be His followers.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Snyper

The science community always has it all figured out, eh?

No one has claimed they get everything right the first time, except the "religious".
There are more people in the world who are not "Christians" than those that are, so it seems arrogant to think they are all wrong and you are correct.

You are free to believe anything you like, but that doesn't mean it's real

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
There is no conflict between science and Christianity. We just aren't smart enough to figure out how the 2 compliment each other. When God wants us to know he'll tell us. It isn't something I worry about. And those Christians who constantly want to try to argue the point are showing a tremendous lack of faith in God to do so.

On the other hand most preachers and churches are so full of [bleep] their eyeballs are floating in it. Only a preacher can challenge a politician for stretching the truth and twisting the facts.

Yes, I'm a Christian, but frankly I'm embarrassed by most of my fellow believers. The church must first get it's act together before they can have any credibility.

Most conservatives sold their soul to the devil in the late 1970's in order to get Reagan elected. Since then they have stopped doing Gods work and became a PAC for the Republican party. Instead of doing the right thing they have put their efforts into electing the preferred politician and trying to get the right laws passed. All the while letting the church crumble around them.

Frankly God could care less if abortion, drugs or gay marriage is legal. He is interested in his followers doing the right thing. If the churches were doing what they are supposed to do the abortion clinics would go out of business for lack of customers.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Page 3 of 49 1 2 3 4 5 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

150 members (41rem, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 23 invisible), 2,064 guests, and 1,018 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,706
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.