Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 49 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 48 49
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
perhaps the real underlying issue, and I don't really know, is that for the 7 billion people on the face of the Earth, and growing everyday, would we live differently on the Earth if we knew that there was no active God manifesting. that is, how differently would non-believers act given there is no God. just us humans, with our limited consciousness in a terrarium of sorts?

we Americans are highly individualized. a lot of the others maybe not so much?

so, what would be our difference in actions if the secular humanists outweighed my ancestors, the Bible-thumpers??

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ihookem
Antelope, you sure spend a lot of time trying to prove something does not exist. If you honestly don't believe in God you are wasting precious little time on this earth aren't you? why are you so hell bent on this? Go find something productive instead of trying to out argue people that believe in God. You must have 200 posts trying to convince yourself and others there is no God. This tells me you are not too sure of yourself. I think this is my third post on tis thread and my last , cause I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks of my beliefs because I am sure of them.. Not that I care.

Who are you to tell me how to live my life?

If you dont like my posts, don't read them. Different people enjoy different things. We all have different tastes and preferences. Why do you assume that mine should be similar to yours? I enjoy a good philosophical debate. If that's not to your taste, perhaps you and find something more your speed in the Single Shot Forum?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Antelope, you sure spend a lot of time trying to prove something does not exist. If you honestly don't believe in God you are wasting precious little time on this earth aren't you? why are you so hell bent on this? Go find something productive instead of trying to out argue people that believe in God. You must have 200 posts trying to convince yourself and others there is no God. This tells me you are not too sure of yourself. I think this is my third post on tis thread and my last , cause I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks of my beliefs because I am sure of them.. Not that I care.

If you dont like my posts, don't read them. Different people enjoy different things. We all have different tastes and preferences. Why do you assume that mine should be similar to yours? I enjoy a good philosophical debate. If that's not to your taste, perhaps you and find something more your speed in the Single Shot Forum?

Laughing....This was the advice that you gave me as well. Notice a common theme here? Many of us can't understand why you dwell on this subject so much. While you are debating the issue, God's will is being done, and Christian people are out making a difference in other people's lives. God is alive and he working through many of us on a daily basis. Perhaps your venue is one where it is difficult to see God working? Nonetheless, I hope your curiosity leads you to a life with Christ, in faith.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

Laughing....This was the advice that you gave me as well. Notice a common theme here? Many of us can't understand why you dwell on this subject so much. While you are debating the issue, God's will is being done, and Christian people are out making a difference in other people's lives. God is alive and he working through many of us on a daily basis. Perhaps your venue is one where it is difficult to see God working? Nonetheless, I hope your curiosity leads you to a life with Christ, in faith.

Actually I think I suggested the Winchester's Collectors forum for you. Everyone who posts there seems first rate, and the only pseduo-religious debate you might encounter would be on pre vs post 64 Winchesters. If you don't like what I write, you have choices. Just as you can change the channel on the TV to reflect your taste's and preference, you can do the same with your forum/thread selection.

I do think it's interesting how you thing only I should drop out of the debate. I don't see you telling any theist they need to drop from the thread.

If on the other hand, you have a new argument, or some evidence for a god proposition you would like to add to the discussion, please, throw your hat into the ring. It's a free country and a free website, let's see what you got!!

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Gus
perhaps the real underlying issue, and I don't really know, is that for the 7 billion people on the face of the Earth, and growing everyday, would we live differently on the Earth if we knew that there was no active God manifesting. that is, how differently would non-believers act given there is no God. just us humans, with our limited consciousness in a terrarium of sorts?

we Americans are highly individualized. a lot of the others maybe not so much?

so, what would be our difference in actions if the secular humanists outweighed my ancestors, the Bible-thumpers??

Gus,

This strikes me as a very interesting question but seems difficult to answer. The term "barbarian" comes to mind.

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Target rich environment for naive thumpers

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"Which of Einsteins theories do you believe are not correct?"

YOU KNOW DAMNED WELL THAT MY POST SAID NOTHING OF THE SORT.In fact, it said the opposite.

And dishonest B S such as that is why I'm done arguing with you or any other Atheist.

I see you did not quote me, where I quoted your post.

Originally Posted by Curdog
I see all sorts of things in this Natural World accomplished by men who act as if Einstein's [just to mention one scientist] theories are correct.

When reading your statement, it appeared to me you were trying to imply Einstein's theories were not correct.

If that is not what you were implying, I misunderstood you and apologize.

No... you were cherry-picking my post. Here is the pertinent part of it:

"2. Science is bound by this physical Universe. The Creator is not bound by His Creation.... to believe otherwise is ridiculous. I see all sorts of things in this Natural World accomplished by men who act as if Einstein's [just to mention one scientist] theories are correct.

It would be arrogant and presumptuous of me to demand that the theories be dumbed down to MY level of understanding before I will accept them as true. But that is exactly what you demand of people of Faith....... to reduce the Creator of all that is to something that will fit inside your small mind.

3. "Supernatural", properly understood, is the term for events occurring within Nature that can't be explained by natural laws. The only "proof" acceptable to Science is that which CAN be explained within the confines of natural laws, so yours is a "Catch 22 proposition".

It seems pretty clear that I was making the point that I accepted Einstein's theories,WITHOUT DEMANDING THAT THEY BE DUMBED DOWN SO I COULD UNDERSTAND THEM.

I CAN SEE THE RESULTS OF MEN ACTING AS IF HIS THEORIES ARE TRUE. THOSE RESULTS ARE WHAT CONVINCES ME OF THE TRUTH OF THE THEORIES.

The evidence for a Creator who cares about His Creatures is all around you, but you reject it because none of us on this forum can reduce the God of all creation to a size that will fit into your small mind.

I believe your "misunderstanding" was intentional.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
"Which of Einsteins theories do you believe are not correct?"

YOU KNOW DAMNED WELL THAT MY POST SAID NOTHING OF THE SORT.In fact, it said the opposite.

And dishonest B S such as that is why I'm done arguing with you or any other Atheist.

I see you did not quote me, where I quoted your post.

Originally Posted by Curdog
I see all sorts of things in this Natural World accomplished by men who act as if Einstein's [just to mention one scientist] theories are correct.

When reading your statement, it appeared to me you were trying to imply Einstein's theories were not correct.

If that is not what you were implying, I misunderstood you and apologize.

No... you were cherry-picking my post. Here is the pertinent part of it:

"2. Science is bound by this physical Universe. The Creator is not bound by His Creation.... to believe otherwise is ridiculous. I see all sorts of things in this Natural World accomplished by men who act as if Einstein's [just to mention one scientist] theories are correct.

It would be arrogant and presumptuous of me to demand that the theories be dumbed down to MY level of understanding before I will accept them as true. But that is exactly what you demand of people of Faith....... to reduce the Creator of all that is to something that will fit inside your small mind.

3. "Supernatural", properly understood, is the term for events occurring within Nature that can't be explained by natural laws. The only "proof" acceptable to Science is that which CAN be explained within the confines of natural laws, so yours is a "Catch 22 proposition".

It seems pretty clear that I was making the point that I accepted Einstein's theories,WITHOUT DEMANDING THAT THEY BE DUMBED DOWN SO I COULD UNDERSTAND THEM.

I CAN SEE THE RESULTS OF MEN ACTING AS IF HIS THEORIES ARE TRUE. THOSE RESULTS ARE WHAT CONVINCES ME OF THE TRUTH OF THE THEORIES.

The evidence for a Creator who cares about His Creatures is all around you, but you reject it because none of us on this forum can reduce the God of all creation to a size that will fit into your small mind.

I believe your "misunderstanding" was intentional.

If you want me to take apart your entire post, I can do that.

Just because you define a being as existing outside of this Universe, that does not mean he actually exists in such a state. Before I will accept this assertion, you need to provide sufficient evidence to believe it actually exists.

As for your definition of Super Natural, it's just as easily defined as "that for which no evidence can be provided". In your definition, you admit these are things for which you have ZERO evidence. As for a God how cannot in any way manifest a presence in, or effect this world in any detectable way, that has the same practical effect as your God not existing at all.

As for your assertion that your God cares for all the creatures on this earth, that's just absurd!!

Malaria, AIDS, cancer, heart disease, a billion people living on less then a dollar a day, and another billion living on less then 2 dollars a day. ISIS, IRAN, Radical Islam in general, Cholera, drug addiction, Ebola, stupid African wars, Tsunami's, Earth Quakes, Blizzards, Small Pox (which was eradicated by men, not God), Forest fires in the West, 6.6 Million children dying every year before their 5th birthday.

No, your God's record speaks for itself. He is either impotent, or he doesn't care. Either way, it's the same as if he did not exist.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The essence of my post is showing how small minded and arrogant you are, compared to an ordinary believer.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
The essence of my post is showing how small minded and arrogant you are, compared to an ordinary believer.

Interesting how you didn't address any of the substance in my post.

What's really been demonstrated is that you have no evidence, and you even admit that you cannot have any.

If you come up with some, let me know.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 08/30/15.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

What's really been demonstrated is that you have no evidence, and you even admit that you cannot have any.

And if you convince the Creator to reveal Himself to you ON YOUR TERMS... you let us all know.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

And if you convince the Creator to reveal Himself to you ON YOUR TERMS... you let us all know.

Convince that for which you are unable to provide any evidence for?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
[Linked Image]

Heck of an explosion did that.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Had lunch with a stupid old widowed pastor yesterday. Raised in the West Texas prairie long ago, but played football at 13 in a little town. Got his leg broke. Regular dr was out of town. 2 fractures below the knee. Young fill in dr said both bones cracked. Put on a cast. Both were broke and leg swelled. Got Gangreen. Lost leg. Got prosthetic stubb. His dad told him dont be bitter as God had a plan.

A few years later he was out hunting quail and a few miles from home in the semidesert and home was a few miles from town when he felt a thump and hit to his leg. He shot the 5 ft rattler and looked toward home a few miles away in panic.

Checked his leg and realized he was bit in the peg. Took the rattlers home and a few hours later when mom and dad got home in their only car he told his dad he had been right.

Without the peg he woulda been dead.

Last edited by eyeball; 08/30/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Bump for a sucker called Mickey.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by carbon12

Of this world=Progressive. Best of luck with that.

Romans 12:2 New International Version (NIV)

2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER

2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

10 years ago, Katrina was his good, pleasing and perfect will.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER

10 years ago, Katrina was his good, pleasing and perfect will.

why, yes it was, without a doubt.

what I haven't been able to understand quite yet is why that whole southside of the city wasn't turned into parks, forests, and wildlife refuges. I guess god does work in mysterious ways.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Ray
Page 29 of 49 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (2500HD, 270cowboy, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,224 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,364
Posts18,506,392
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.