Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 30 of 49 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 48 49
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
As long as the Theist keep making their less then logical positive claims, The Atheist does not have to make or defend a positive claim.

AS - OK, then deal with my null (negative) hypotheis. There is not an atheist.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Come on AS we both know you cant use science to explain the event that brought the universe to be.All that can be said by anyone is that it happened.You can say that you dont believe in a creator and I can say that I do..Thats as far as the discussion can go.There is no discussion to be had.Its just what we believe.You can share your reasons with me and I can share mine with you.The proof does not exist in this universe it exist some place else if it exist at all.Maybe better said the tools needed to explain it dont exist here.
Originally Posted by CCCC
As long as the Theist keep making their less then logical positive claims, The Atheist does not have to make or defend a positive claim.

Last edited by jdm953; 08/31/15. Reason: add

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

I love the outdoors and all it has to offer. However, when I enjoy the outdoors, or examine the night sky through a spotting scope, EVERYTHING I see can be explained by natural means without the need to invoke a creator. In general, this argument, depending on how it is made, falls under one of two fallacies, either the Argument from Ignorance, or the Argument from personal Incredulity.

Our world is amazing, wonderful and complex, but we can explain it all without invoking a creator.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Originally Posted by carbon12
Target rich environment for naive thumpers

Of this world=Progressive. Best of luck with that.

Romans 12:2 New International Version (NIV)

2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Jesus didn't even think you should wash your hands and dishes before you ate. Not exactly a "bringer of progress".

Modern Germ Theory was brought to you by scientist, not Jesus.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

10 years ago, Katrina was his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Yea, and Katrina missed the French Quarter where the highest concentration of gays lived.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

You are just wrong.

Read my posts.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Atheist or not, you've asserted a positive that you can't prove or defend.

Kent

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jdm953
Come on AS we both know you cant use science to explain the event that brought the universe to be.All that can be said by anyone is that it happened.You can say that you dont believe in a creator and I can say that I do..Thats as far as the discussion can go.There is no discussion to be had.Its just what we believe.You can share your reasons with me and I can share mine with you.The proof does not exist in this universe it exist some place else if it exist at all.Maybe better said the tools needed to explain it dont exist here.

We do not have a complete explanation at this time. That doesn't mean we never will. The Higgs Boson was first proposes back in the 1960's, but it's existence wasn't proven until 2013, about 50 years later. Newtons theory of Gravity was first published in 1660, it took us 250 years to move from there to Einsteins Theory of Relativity.

As an example, perhaps Krass is right with his hypothesis of a universe from nothing, but if he is, it could be another 50 to 250 years before we have some kind of experimental proof.

We don't know but are looking, is different from saying we "can't" know. The Can't just want to stop all inquiry because the next discovery may contradict their faith.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by krp
Atheist or not, you've asserted a positive that you can't prove or defend.

Kent

When, in this thread, have I asserted there is no god or gods?

Many times I've asked the theist to provide their evidence, and so for nothing substantial has been presented.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Hell, even you are quitting listening to yourself.

Kent

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by krp
Hell, even you are quitting listening to yourself.

Kent

Come on Kent, is that all ya got?

How about some evidence for your position?

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I already quoted you a few posts up, dissemble some more.

Kent

Last edited by krp; 08/31/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

TV timeout.......

A friendly reminder....

Jesus loves everyone on this thread.....
Whether you like it or not.

This concludes the timeout.

Have Dog

Will Travel

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by krp

I love the outdoors and all it has to offer. However, when I enjoy the outdoors, or examine the night sky through a spotting scope, EVERYTHING I see can be explained by natural means without the need to invoke a creator. In general, this argument, depending on how it is made, falls under one of two fallacies, either the Argument from Ignorance, or the Argument from personal Incredulity.

Our world is amazing, wonderful and complex, but we can explain it all without invoking a creator, EXCEPT FOR ITS CREATION.

Fixed it. Still, your original premise is wrong. We dont know why of how many things work. We dont know why two cups of decaf a day reduce the risk of lung ca 36% in smokers, or how two turmeric a day causes such a drastic decline in numbers of new pancreatic cancer cases, or how it seems to reduce the incidence of dementia and alzheimers. We dont know why some anti-vgef injections for choroidal neovascularization (wet AMD) cure or reduce intraocular pressure in glaucoma, and a thousand more things.

Your statement makes as much sense as the guy who years ago said everything had already been invented.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
B
BFD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
'nother time out!!!

Jesus says love everyone, even your enemies. Ya'll owe antelope sniper and eyeball a couple of big ol' smoochies.

Git to it!

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Jesus didn't even think you should wash your hands and dishes before you ate. Not exactly a "bringer of progress".

Modern Germ Theory was brought to you by scientist, not Jesus.

Germs are more infective now. Thank God He provided the brains and gave us, not animals, the capability to develop the miracles that allow us to make antibiotics.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You are just wrong. Read my posts.
C'mon Sniper - your saying that someone is "just wrong' is the same position as the other person saying he is "just right". Looks like you are showing weariness and retreat - maybe weakness. Time to save your day, and your position.

You have asserted that you are an atheist - a positive - and I have stated the negative - that there is not an atheist. NOWHERE in your posts here do you provide a shred of proof that there exists an atheist - and maybe not even evidence. Let's have your proof.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love everybody.

Ok, Almost.

Have Dog

Will Travel

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Wow, the poster did not eschew obvuscation. Too much unnecessary word smithing to understand what they are spending wasted effort to communicate. I have found most athiests to be just like this, narscissistic and they also seem to be control freaks.

Osama and Obama both have friends who bombed the Pentagon.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
This country was founded on principles of christianity and did well until science became the PC religion. Even winning the Revolution was a miracle ordained by God. He told us our blessings would be lost when we turned from Him.

13"If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people, 14and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 15"Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to the prayer offered in this place.…6

Page 30 of 49 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (22kHornet, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 007FJ, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 55 invisible), 2,258 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,347
Posts18,506,203
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.