Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I want the most effective we can get.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA

Yet, you'd not want them if they were black or female?

Here are the leading candidates for each party nomination, currently.

The "party of the old, rich, white insider elitists" is currently running:

1) a rich white male businessman with no political experience, one of the most successful businessmen of our time;
2) a black male former pediatric neurosurgeon who was born/raised in abject, inner city poverty;
3) a white female businesswoman with no political experience, one of the most successful of our time;
4) a Cuban first term Senator, son of immigrants, who became a Supreme Court litigator and State solicitor general;
5) an Indian governor who is the son of immigrants;
6) a Cuban first term Senator, son of immigrants;
7) a white male governor who dropped out of college to take care of his family and then went into politics, successfully breaking the stranglehold of unions on his state and putting it on a conservative path.

The opposition (remember, they are the party of the "common man, the poor and minorities") are running:

1) a white female former and failed First Lady, Senator, and Secretary of State under investigation for espionage who has been in politics for over 40 years;
2) a white male current Senator who has been in Washington, DC for 25 years and who lives in one of the most white, homogeneous gated closed communities in the U.S.;

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can just see dumb Walt and other liberal pukes just like him gnashing their teeth, stomping their feet, and pulling out their hair while yelling, "Impossible"!

We have a black man, a white female AND a Hispanic in the top four picks of Republican Iowans. According to progressive/liberal scumbags, this is the party of racism and female subjugation we're talking about. Clearly right wing propaganda to trick the masses before they coronate their next evil corporatist homophobic sexist theocratic warpig! laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Yet, you'd not want them if they were black or female?"

kind of feeds into the whole effective thing.

Both would have to deal with issues that would distract from their presidency.

feel free to call me racist, a misogynist or whatever term you feel is applicable. I've been called worse...on here no less.

We have a black president now - who I readily admit is a far cry from the stoic and balanced Ben Carson, but race relations which were supposed to improve have degraded horribly in the last 6 years.

Carson would have to address it and no matter what stance he took, it wouldn't be enough and it would never go away in the era of #blacklivesmatter. They will not improve with someone they see as a sellout to their race.

As for Carly Fiorina

hell, she's a woman. I don't owe any man an explanation on that line of thinking.

Last edited by KFWA; 09/01/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 4ager

1) a rich white male businessman with no political experience, one of the most successful businessmen of our time;
2) a black male former pediatric neurosurgeon who was born/raised in abject, inner city poverty;
3) a white female businesswoman with no political experience, one of the most successful of our time;
4) a Cuban first term Senator, son of immigrants, who became a Supreme Court litigator and State solicitor general;
7) a white male governor who dropped out of college to take care of his family and then went into politics, successfully breaking the stranglehold of unions on his state and putting it on a conservative path.

The opposition (remember, they are the party of the "common man, the poor and minorities") are running:

1) a white female former and failed First Lady, Senator, and Secretary of State under investigation for espionage who has been in politics for over 40 years;
2) a white male current Senator who has been in Washington, DC for 25 years and who lives in one of the most white, homogeneous gated closed communities in the U.S.;

Not to mention option 3.

A guy that has been a Senator since 1979.

Un-fugkin-real.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I do think that we should all remember that Herman Cain was polling out front at this time four years ago, along with Rick Perry. In 2008, Hitlery was way out front for the D nomination, and Huckabee was a strong second for the R bid at the same time.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You've been on your game lately.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Not to mention option 3.

A guy that has been a Senator since 1979.

Un-fugkin-real.

Travis

Biden hasn't declared yet, so I didn't put him in with the Ds. He's also been a Senator since 1972 (only job he's really ever had).

If so, then yes, the Ds would have:

3) a rich white male current VP, career politician, Senator since 1972, integral part of the most elite DC establishment, son and grandson of oil businessmen.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The biggest problem that any candidate will face upon being elected is shaking the established political machine off of it's agenda.

Most of the GOP candidate even don't want to, and of the few that do, only Trump has the strength of personality to do so.

If anything is to ever change for the better in this country, it's going to need a leader that will put his damn foot down and mean what he says.

Trump is the only candidate who can handle the political machine.

If he doesn't get elected, it's going to be business as usual.

IC B3

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"Yet, you'd not want them if they were black or female?"

kind of feeds into the whole effective thing.

Both would have to deal with issues that would distract from their presidency.

feel free to call me racist, a misogynist or whatever term you feel is applicable. I've been called worse...on here no less.

We have a black president now - who I readily admit is a far cry from the stoic and balanced Ben Carson, but race relations which were supposed to improve have degraded horribly in the last 6 years.

Carson would have to address it and no matter what stance he took, it wouldn't be enough and it would never go away in the era of #blacklivesmatter. They will not improve with someone they see as a sellout to their race.

As for Carly Fiorina

hell, she's a woman. I don't owe any man an explanation on that line of thinking.

Race relations were never set to improve. Hussein didn't want that, the Ds can't have that, and anyone who didn't catch on to that early is an idiot.

Any "conservative" that casts out a viable candidate due to race or gender is just as much of an idiot as any "liberal" who votes for a candidate based on the same.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A black president with the right message would be the best thing for race relations we can get.

No white man or woman can deliver the needed message without the professional race baiters screaming "racist!".

"Quit whining, get an education, quit raising fatherless babies, and most of all give up the perpetual victim attitude and take responsibility for your own lives" is a message only a black man (or woman) could effectively deliver. The race baiters would still try to crucify him since he's taking away their jobs, but Carson would be in the most effective position to pull a Trump and counter attack successfully. Any change in social attitudes comes at a glacierly pace. But it takes that first big push to get it moving. A few credible voices with that message can attract others. Pretty soon the message becomes "cool" so the celebrities pick it up and it becomes cool for the masses. But you gotta have someone in the right place to give that first big push.

But that's not a reason to elect him since it would sidetrack 100% of the discussion to concentrate on problems generated by only 12% of the population.

The President of the United States needs to stay focused on the economy and national security first and foremost - immigration, tax policy et cetera come under those headings. Social issues are a sideline. But at least Carson would be in a unique position to address that "other problem".

It is unfortunate that intelligence, education and a firm grasp of policy are not the most important factors in a presidential candidate - they have to look good on TV to stand a chance. The former count, but without the latter a candidate is going to be an also ran.

Still a long way to go and I'm still watching them all to see who can combine the requisite qualities.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Carson is a fine man. D.C. would eat him alive in short order.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Carson is an easy to like soft spoken intelligent man

That said, I don't see how he has any capacity to be an effective president.

I don't dislike the man at all - but its about learning curves and Carson is going to have a huge one if he were to be elected.

Don't underestimate the man in his ability to come up to speed on difficult concepts quickly, or to be able to determine the right intelligent people he needs on his team in order to perform appropriate duties (or to replace them if and when necessary).

If one put's the right people in the right positions it will all work.
No more lifers!
Either:
Trump
Carson
Cruz
Fiorina
Or a combination...

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by jwp475

Unless something unforeseen crops up

When has it not?

I don't believe much if anything unforeseen will crop up. Sure, it will be 'unseen' by the masses, but it's scripted.

I love what Trump is doing and him kicking lots of 'people' in the throat, but I still believe there is something else at play here.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
My guess is, to keep Trump from getting the nomination the RNC is going to talk Romney into running again. Romney will pull enough votes away from Trump to allow another GOP candidate to get the GOP nomination,..who will lose to the Democrat in the general election.

The RNC will do whatever it can to scuttle a non establishment candidate even if it means the election of an establishment Democrat.

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Doubtful. If he can survive, and thrive, in the shark tank that is academia and medicine at the levels and locations that he did, he can hold his own in D.C.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My guess is, to keep Trump from getting the nomination the RNC is going to talk Romney into running again. Romney will pull enough votes away from Trump to allow another GOP candidate to get elected,..who will lose to the Democrat in the general election.

The RNC will do whatever it can to scuttle a non establishment candidate even if it means the election of an establishment Democrat.

The few times I've heard Rove speak of late he doesn't appear very pleased with the way the R race is going, as he almost subliminally tries to get the point across that Trump will not be the candidate.

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Doubtful. If he can survive, and thrive, in the shark tank that is academia and medicine at the levels and locations that he did, he can hold his own in D.C.

It's a different game.

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Raeford
My guess is, to keep Trump from getting the nomination the RNC is going to talk Romney into running again. Romney will pull enough votes away from Trump to allow another GOP candidate to get elected,..who will lose to the Democrat in the general election.

The few times I've heard Rove speak of late he doesn't appear very pleased with the way the R race is going, as he almost subliminally tries to get the point across that Trump will not be the candidate.

An unhappy Karl Rove is a GREAT thing for America.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 59 invisible), 2,371 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,381
Posts18,488,572
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.