OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
W

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Then again, we can't see the other arm. He might have been doing his best Otto impression...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hmmmm, that might be an expensive shoot.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
White lives matter !

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Clearly unintentional, but since pointing a gun at someone, absent very serious justification, constitutes reckless conduct, a murder charge doesn't seem inappropriate to me. Remember, recklessness satisfies for criminal intent in the eyes of the law. That is, unless he can provide a reasonable justification for pointing a loaded handgun at the man. No such justification appeared evident in the video, however.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Of course this is generating a lot of attention here.

First off, race ain't an issue since everyone involved appears to be Hispanic and this is San Antonio/South Texas anyhow.

All the following IIRC...

Wife who called the Cops holding child, wife bleeding from perp-inflicted scalp wound outdie of home when Deputies arrive.

Reports are that perp had expressed intention to commit "suicide by Cop" immediately prior to LEO arrival.

Perp active and acting erratically when Sheriff Deputies arrive (this was in a new, upscale development outside the city limits) consistent with actions of individual under the influence of substances. This individual can be seen on tape running around on the front lawn and neighbors' driveways. When the deputies arrived he was holding a knife, some reports had it he had a knife when his hands were raised.

Tazers reportedly deployed with no effect, whether due to miss or mental state of perp has not been reported. Reports of a "twenty minute struggle" prior to shooting. Both deputies fired one round.

Perp identified in news along with a mugshot-type photo, may have a prior arrest record.

Many questions yet to be answered, dunno if it was a legitimate use of deadly force or not.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
both cops shot. if that dude didn't have a gun in his left hand, thats going to be tough to justify.

My diploma is a DD214
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Twenty minute struggle and two deputies doesn't add up. It's San Antonio not a two officer stoplight town. Cops wrestling with suspect and tazers ineffective would draw a crowd of officers in twenty minutes. Domestic dispute here would gather five of six officers even without resisting arrest or erratic behavior like running around appearing under the influence.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's crazy watching that video, that was the street we lived on for the last 4 years prior to moving this past Nov. it's on the outskirts of SA on the NW side heading away from SA, so it's not like there's a lot of law enforcement nearby like you'd have closer into the city.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
When the deputies arrived he was holding a knife, some reports had it he had a knife when his hands were raised.

Case closed.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I cannot tell from the video if the perp was surrendering. Looked like something like "You want my hands up? There's my hands up, now come get me."

Note that both Cops were keeping a distance like he had a knife, actually retreating at one point when he approached.

I am wondering if they had fingers on the trigger at that point, and if they were using stock Glocks.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Really hurts both my feelers to see an armed career criminal who just injured a woman and a kid in a domestic dispute get put down by the cops, NOT!

Coppers must have been using those fine Gold Dots or Barnes monos to penetrate that land whale and make him fold up like a k-mart lawn chair, all that stupid quickly went bye-bye, good shoot, POPO.

Trump Won!
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by ltppowell
When the deputies arrived he was holding a knife, some reports had it he had a knife when his hands were raised.

Case closed.

Ha, ha. Now that was funny right about there, Pat.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
That was a mean spirited thing to say. grin

When we get the 'rest of the story'... we will find out Moby there needed to have his end of the gene pool chlorinated.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cops don't normally tell somebody to put their hands up, contrary to what TV says. If this guy had a weapon, or was reasonably believed to have one, and moved in the slightest way, he needed shooting.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Case closed.

But , but he needed that knife in case the cops showed up with guns whistle

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by ingwe
That was a mean spirited thing to say. grin

When we get the 'rest of the story'... we will find out Moby there needed to have his end of the gene pool chlorinated.

Concur, that dipchittt worked very hard for 41 years to meet those two Officers, hell, he earned those slugs. wink grin

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
We are entering a very dangerous place, if cops can be judges and executioners, don't be surprised or up set when civilians start making those same calls.

I would guess a big mac with cheese would have disarmed him just the same, and then a jury would decide his fate, are cops really that afraid of fat white guys?

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
And possession of a knife is illegal where?

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

126 members (2500HD, 300_savage, 1973cb450, 338reddog, 204guy, 20 invisible), 1,737 guests, and 1,047 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,051
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.