Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 31 of 49 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 48 49
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I trust you've read "The Harbinger".

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by eyeball
Germs are more infective now. Thank God He provided the brains and gave us, not animals, the capability to develop the miracles that allow us to make antibiotics.

Doc,

Selective pressure and natural selection. Mebbe some directed organic synthesis toss into the mix.

No supernatural 'miracle' necessary.

The same process that generate 'more effective germs' also made natural antibiotics.

Hard to believe you are any sort of a real doc.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
This country was founded on principles of christianity and did well until science became the PC religion. Even winning the Revolution was a miracle ordained by God. He told us our blessings would be lost when we turned from Him.

13"If I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or if I command the locust to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among My people, 14and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 15"Now My eyes will be open and My ears attentive to the prayer offered in this place.…6

I think he told that to the Hebrews a time or two. that if they didn't change their ways, it'd be tough. and they have experienced that a time or two. I guess Christians are in the same boat?

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Caucasians are the Israelites who migrated to the great western shores after gaining freddom from the Philistines over the Caucasus Mts. Ie Denmark - Mark of Dan tribe.

Great Britain shortened from great birth nation.

Last edited by eyeball; 08/31/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Originally Posted by carbon12
Target rich environment for naive thumpers

Of this world=Progressive. Best of luck with that.

Romans 12:2 New International Version (NIV)

2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Jesus didn't even think you should wash your hands and dishes before you ate. Not exactly a "bringer of progress".

Modern Germ Theory was brought to you by scientist, not Jesus.

Germs are more infective now. Thank God He provided the brains and gave us, not animals, the capability to develop the miracles that allow us to make antibiotics.

Are you, an alleged doctor, actually suggesting there were not sufficient germs to worry about washing your hands and eating utensils 2k years ago?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Doc,

Selective pressure and natural selection. Mebbe some directed organic synthesis toss into the mix.

The same process that generate 'more effective germs' also made natural antibiotics.

Mail order community college degree from Cyprus.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
This country was founded on principles of christianity and did well until science became the PC religion. Even winning the Revolution was a miracle ordained by God. He told us our blessings would be lost when we turned from Him.

We won the Revolution because the English were facing a war with France, Spain and the Netherlands on the continent.

Pick up a history book.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by CCCC
As long as the Theist keep making their less then logical positive claims, The Atheist does not have to make or defend a positive claim.

AS - OK, then deal with my null (negative) hypotheis. There is not an atheist.

You are just wrong. Read my posts.
C'mon Sniper - your saying that someone is "just wrong' is the same position as the other person saying he is "just right". Looks like you are showing weariness and retreat - maybe weakness. Time to save your day, and your position.

You have asserted that you are an atheist - a positive - and I have stated the negative - that there is not an atheist. NOWHERE in your posts here do you provide a shred of proof that there exists an atheist - and maybe not even evidence. Let's have your proof.

You don't get to define what an Atheist is.

As I explained, an Atheist is someone who believe those making god claims have not met their burden of proof. As an example, Atheist include all agnostics.

An Anti-Theist is someone who makes an actual positive claim, "There is no god(s).

I'm sorry if the nuance is too difficult for you to comprehend.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 09/01/15.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Oddly enough, you got to define me as wonky, and not thinking things all the way through (by your standards I assume) and not presenting myself in a positive light (not sure what reference was used for that - was it your view of a Christian or something else?)

Anyway, just spitballing here...

Carry on.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
AS - that is a weak reply. You are dodging and obfusating AGAIN.

I have not attempted to define anything about your atheism - you are doing so right here. And, your definition of atheist is weak compared what is proffered by the erudite.

You say that you are an atheist. I say "null" - there is no atheist. The burden is yours. Proof, please.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Doc,

You want to bet reap money. As usual progresssives resurt to insults. Also, i was admitted to a major univ doctors program after 3 years of undergrad and needed one more year of study for a bachelors. Kind of like an actual genius or something, huh? Or, maybe by the Grace of God?

Its not uncommon for folks living in arid country to forgo hand washing where water is scarce. Im betting they didnt use Dial soap either. Maybe He had a point in saying its better for a vessel (human) to be clean (pure) on he inside (heart) than clean on the outside. Im certain your modern scientists would disagree.

Its amazing some of us know everything about life except how an explosion of elements can actually happen.

Its quite revealing too, how some declare themselves their own god while not even knowing how many eyelashes they have.

Truly, how an explosion resulted in you was a for sure "miraculous" event. grin

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Doc,

You want to bet reap money. As usual progresssives resurt to insults. Also, i was admitted to a major univ doctors program after 3 years of undergrad and needed one more year of study for a bachelors. Kind of like an actual genius or something, huh? Or, maybe by the Grace of God?

Its not uncommon for folks living in arid country to forgo hand washing where water is scarce. Im betting they didnt use Dial soap either. Maybe He had a point in saying its better for a vessel (human) to be clean (pure) on he inside (heart) than clean on the outside. Im certain your modern scientists would disagree.

Its amazing some of us know everything about life except how an explosion of elements can actually happen.

Its quite revealing too, how some declare themselves their own god while not even knowing how many eyelashes they have.

Truly, how an explosion resulted in you was a for sure "miraculous" event. grin

Then act like you have a medical degree.

As for progressives, I'm not a progressive.

Perhaps you should read the passage in context. There are no references to a lack of water when Jesus is telling everyone that nothing they put into their mouth can hurt them, so they don't need to wash their hands and eating utinsils.

I find it ironic how you are willing to disavow your alleged medical training to follow the teachings of some bronze age goat herders.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by RWE

Oddly enough, you got to define me as wonky, and not thinking things all the way through (by your standards I assume) and not presenting myself in a positive light (not sure what reference was used for that - was it your view of a Christian or something else?)

Carry on.

RWE,

I thought I said some kind of nice things about you.

You certainly are not as "wonky" as some Theist posting on this thread.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
19:1, 'The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth His handywork.

"Only a fool says there is no God."

I guess it really does take a fool to think an explosion can make order and symmetry from disorder.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
As long as the Theist keep making their less then logical positive claims, The Atheist does not have to make or defend a positive claim.

AS - OK, then deal with my null (negative) hypotheis. There is not an atheist.

There are no Atheist is a positive Claim.

The null hypothesis would be that Atheist do exist, and would be the default position Your positive claim that there are no Atheist is called the "alternative hypothesis", and it is this that you must provide evidence to prove before you can reject the null.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 09/01/15.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

Carry on.

RWE,

I'll take wonky over what some of my brothers are calling me.

If you had anything else beyond that, I missed it.

To be honest, I only catch bits and pieces of it. I got bigger issues to resolve.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I can't blame you, this thread is over 600 posts deep. Shortly I expect my plate to get a lot fuller, so I won't have as much time for this either. But for now, this is a good way to keep my mind active.

I look forward to more of your irreverent post on stupid politicians.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by RWE
[quote=antelope_sniper]

Carry on.[/quote

RWE,

Are you using 'wonk' and 'wonky' as pejorative?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
19:1, 'The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth His handywork.

"Only a fool says there is no God."

I guess it really does take a fool to think an explosion can make order and symmetry from disorder.

Wow, the Firmament. The solid metal structure God spend a 1/6th of creation building to separate the high waters from the low waters? The solid metal dome in which he placed the sum, moon and stars, so they could be used for signs?

The Bible kind of got that one wrong.....didn't it!!

Page 31 of 49 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

530 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 1lessdog, 22250rem, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 60 invisible), 2,184 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,367
Posts18,506,428
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.