Campfire 'Bwana
G
He was a fat frijolie.

Trump Won!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jimy
We are entering a very dangerous place, if cops can be judges and executioners, don't be surprised or up set when civilians start making those same calls.

You're right. Why didn't the civilians shoot him, instead of calling the cops?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If a civilian shot him they would call it murder, just like the witness said it was, and a court will find the same.

That guy was more a threat to a cheese burger than to any one there.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Being a dirt bag is not a capital offence, and if its going to become one, then the shootings are just beginning.

Last edited by jimy; 09/01/15.

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
This only happens when Superheros have to piss.

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Unless one just wanted to be killed why would one not drop whatever is in their hand immediately??

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
You guys can laugh and high five your shave headed brethren all night, but this shooting with a fat white guy with his hands clearly in the air, is just one more of a seemingly never ending example of [bleep] and lets killem attitude that has the country in an uproar.

Keep an I on your backs because you're making lots of enemies out there, and seemingly for no reason other than its easier than taking a step back and thinking for a moment, I saw no immediate threat.

Would a woman have been shot in that same situation? Of course not!

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
And possession of a knife is illegal where?

A knife in the hands of a possible aggressor is considered a "shoot" situation within 21 feet. It has been shown that reaction time delay will get you cut within that distance, hence the "21 foot rule"

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm curious to see the other video closer up that is mentioned in the news report and see what the perp did with his left hand just prior to getting shot. It was behind the pole he may have reached for something who knows! The investigation will tell the tale.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If a civilian shot him they would call it murder, just like the witness said it was, and a court will find the same.

You mean the civilian with the cell phone? The one that could have solved that problem before the police got there?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

A knife in the hands of a possible aggressor is considered a "shoot" situation within 21 feet. It has been shown that reaction time delay will get you cut within that distance, hence the "21 foot rule"

Well I can see that, that guys street name was "swift".

And if I watched the tape correctly the cops put them selves in to that situation, the fat guy was going away from them not proceeding towards them.

There were options, besides killing that man, if deadly force is going to be used, and I have nothing against it, it certainly needs to be with a whole lot more discretion, the shooting of Cecil the lion was more deserving for God sake!

Last edited by jimy; 09/01/15.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You guys can laugh and high five your shave headed brethren all night, but this shooting with a fat white guy with his hands clearly in the air, is just one more of a seemingly never ending example of [bleep] and lets killem attitude that has the country in an uproar.

Keep an I on your backs because you're making lots of enemies out there, and seemingly for no reason other than its easier than taking a step back and thinking for a moment, I saw no immediate threat.

Would a woman have been shot in that same situation? Of course not!

Did you see the age of the cops involved? NO WAY they grew up watching T.J. Hooker, if they had I know they would have taken his legs out by skipping the baton off the pavement from 21 feet.

Not enough T.J. Hooker fans is the problem.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I want Jeb B. to weigh in on this,....let's find out if that was an act of violence, or an act of love, before Going off half cocked.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by mark shubert

The law requires some aggressive action with the knife. Refusal to drop it on command by an officer would only provide justification if he were moving towards them while holding it.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Im beginning to think there are real cops and there are semicops.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

The law requires some aggressive action with the knife. Refusal to drop it on command by an officer would only provide justification if he were moving towards them while holding it.

No, the law requires one be in fear of serious bodily injury to themselves, or another, as justification. Nothing more. Nothing less.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

No, the law requires one be in fear of serious bodily injury to themselves, or another, as justification. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Well those two cops need to grow a pair, if that guy had them pissen all over them selves then maybe the parking authority could use them. WTF!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"District Attorney Nico LaHood told KSAT that there is a second video that was recorded closer to the scene of the shooting. That video has not been released to the public."

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I see no justification to shoot there. That guy was a scumbag I'm sure but, those cops were dirty. Nobody was in immediate danger.

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1minute, 007FJ, 1936M71, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,564 guests, and 1,335 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,558
Posts18,473,116
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.