-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Good luck with the flu, dude. I've been getting flu shots for years and will continue to do so.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
So my Doc broke me down at my physical, and convinced me to get my first-ever flu shot. Thereafter...

* 3 hours: large lump in throat + stuffy nose
* 4 hours: fever
* 6 hours: severe red eyes & ocular drainage (as if I'd had a handful of sand thrown into each)
* 7 hours: muscle & joint aches & pains that prevented me from sleeping.

FC
Exactly why I have NEVER - and will NEVER - get a flu shot..

Wife gets one every year - has to, due to her being an RN. And every year she gets the flu, while I get it maybe every 4-6 years...maybe.. I'll take my chances.. Screw those damn things..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Good luck with the flu, dude. I've been getting flu shots for years and will continue to do so.

So have I and will continue, I was being ironical. It's amazing, well not really, the amount of ignorance and voodoo thinking on the 'Fire.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck
So my Doc broke me down at my physical, and convinced me to get my first-ever flu shot. Thereafter...

* 6 hours: severe red eyes & ocular drainage (as if I'd had a handful of sand thrown into each)

FC

Wife gets one every year - has to, due to her being an RN. And every year she gets the flu, while I get it maybe every 4-6 years...maybe.. I'll take my chances.. Screw those damn things..

Dollars to donuts she isn't getting "the flu" every year. Most folks think a cold or some other bug that makes them sick is the flu.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The flu shot can be a valuable preventative for those in the "high risk" groups.
The problem is that the CDC can't predict what strains of antigen to produce.
Even then, the flue can and will genetically change to diminish the shots effectiveness.
The hype that the CDC and media engage in is what makes folks cynical, especially when you look at 10% to 20% prevention.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
The real flu won't be gone in 20 hrs, what you picked up was virus somewhere along the way at the Dr.s office. The flu will hang around for 10 days or so and you'll have fever for a handful up to a week.

You could have picked up a virus off of a

Door handle
Waiting room chair
Sign in Pen
etc....

Yep, if you want to get sick, go to a Dr.s office or hospital...

I got staph infection at the hospital.

Last edited by Oldman03; 09/03/15. Reason: sp

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
The real flu won't be gone in 20 hrs, what you picked up was virus somewhere along the way at the Dr.s office. The flu will hang around for 10 days or so and you'll have fever for a handful up to a week.

You could have picked up a virus off of a

Door handle
Waiting room chair
Sign in Pen
etc....

Yep, if you want to get sick, go to a Dr.s office or hospital...

I got staff infection at the hospital.

I really do agree with this. but at some point one needs to see the doc so badly, that the benefits hopefully outweigh the risks. it does with me.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Probably just all the mercury they pumped into your body. Nothing to worry about.

What else have you read on the internet, Einstein?

Thiomersal

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
never have got the vaccine, haven't had the flue since 1989.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I had the flu at age 14 and again when about 40. Nearly died both times.

Last several years i've had no post-injection problems.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SBTCO
Probably just all the mercury they pumped into your body. Nothing to worry about.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/vaccine/thimerosal.htm

"Do the 2014-2015 seasonal flu vaccines contain thimerosal?

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved several formulations of the seasonal flu vaccine, including multi-dose vials and single-dose units. (See Table of Approved Influenza Vaccines for the U.S. 2014–2015 Season.) Since seasonal influenza vaccine is produced in large quantities for annual vaccination campaigns, some of the vaccine is produced in multi-dose vials, and contains thimerosal to safeguard against possible contamination of the vial once it is opened."

Wonder why you left out the results of the CDC study about the negative effect of thimerosal? Other than it not fitting your agenda?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by ringworm

This

+2
+3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by pointer

FC

Dollars to donuts she isn't getting "the flu" every year. Most folks think a cold or some other bug that makes them sick is the flu.
Dollars to donuts, as a nurse with over 35 years experience, she KNOWS what the freakin' flu is..

Just sayin'...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

FC

Dollars to donuts, as a nurse with over 35 years experience, she KNOWS what the freakin' flu is..

Just sayin'...

Could be too that working as a nurse she is exposed to more different strains of influenza, some of which probably aren't covered by the most current vaccine concoction.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

FC

Just sayin'...
She must have the best immune system in the world to have had the flu "every year" and still be kickin'...

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Not a great idea to get them this early, wait until mid to late October

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

FC

Just sayin'...
She must have the best immune system in the world to have had the flu "every year" and still be kickin'...
ACtually - just the opposite.. She has a very weak immune system - due to arthritis, type I diabetes and a few other maladies.. She's on some VERY expensive meds in an attempt to suppress her immune system from attacking her own body..

Which is why nearly every year - she gets the actual flu.. Two years ago she was in the hospital with it for nearly a week.

'Nuff said..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by SBTCO

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/vaccine/thimerosal.htm

"Do the 2014-2015 seasonal flu vaccines contain thimerosal?

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved several formulations of the seasonal flu vaccine, including multi-dose vials and single-dose units. (See Table of Approved Influenza Vaccines for the U.S. 2014–2015 Season.) Since seasonal influenza vaccine is produced in large quantities for annual vaccination campaigns, some of the vaccine is produced in multi-dose vials, and contains thimerosal to safeguard against possible contamination of the vial once it is opened."

Wonder why you left out the results of the CDC study about the negative effect of thimerosal? Other than it not fitting your agenda?

Left nothing out, just posted the fact the cdc admits mercury is in the vaccine. The link is there for all to see, unless you have difficulty with basic reading skills.

People react differently to toxins, and mercury is a well known toxin which isn't readily expelled from the body ie it will build up in the tissues if continually injected into said body, like yearly vaccine injections.

I have no agenda other than full disclosure by our medical industry.

Don't like it? GFY.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't get around to getting my flu shot 2 out of the last 4 years. I got the flu both of those years, but it wasn't that bad. I've got a buddy that has gotten it twice over the same time period and it put him down for over a week. He's in way better shape than me.

My kids can't get the shot due to allergies. One daughter got the A strain and one daughter got both A and B strains. It was a hassle, but they bounced back really quickly when they started the Tamiflu. My wife is a pharmacist and gives flu shots, she says some people who get the shot still get the flu, and they are generally hit hard with it for some reason.

Now with even more aplomb
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
the value of a flu vaccine appears to be based upon the importance of a field of large numbers.

that is, in general and on average, one is likely to be better off in having taken the flu shot.

is it fool proof and guaranteed to protect everyone? I think not.

but, overall it helps. but it might not help YOU at all. but it does and will assist others to some lesser or greater degree.

and that's all I've got to say about viruses that roam the surface of the Earth looking for likely candidates. wink

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

366 members (1badf350, 17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 22250rem, 10gaugemag, 33 invisible), 1,998 guests, and 1,041 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,982
Posts18,499,652
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.