Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Greyhound....

Holy fugk that made me laugh.

You racist fugk.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by deflave
Totality of circumstances.

Always and forever.

Travis

It's that simple.......

I guess I'll base my future actions on my own knowledge/experience (rooted in years of wisdom from those who have BTDT) rather than the rantings of those who could've/would've/should've........

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
So it's a mute point.

Unless you're refusing to read it out loud, it'd have to be a moot point.

Bluedreaux is as confused as ever, so nothing has changed there...I can see where reading aloud is a benefit to him.

How exactly am I confused?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by deflave
Totality of circumstances.

Always and forever.

Travis

It's that simple.......

I guess I'll base my future actions on my own knowledge/experience (rooted in years of wisdom from BFRSHOOTER) rather than the rantings of those who could've/would've/should've........

FIXT!!!!!

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by gitem_12
If he wasn't acting threateningly why did they suddenly retreat right before shooting?

to avoid blood splatter.

And, based on their girth, a head start for the local Taco-Tuesday especial.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Bluedreaux is as confused as ever, so nothing has changed there...I can see where reading aloud is a benefit to him.

There are a lot of unanswered questions and if this was so cut & dried like many here are espousing, why are other police officers troubled by the video?

Did they have a legal right to shoot to kill him? Maybe. That doesn't make it any less irresponsible- I'm still waiting for the answer as to why they acted when they did...

The video clearly shows he wasn't attempting to approach them. He was standing there holding up his hands.

WE don't know what was being said and will now get only one side of that story. He must have been really good at telling scary tales, because his body language at the time of the shooting doesn't indicate he posed an immediate threat to those officers or anyone else.

I like cops. I really like responsible ones.

Or to paraphrase: "I don't have a fugging clue about what really happened but I know it ain't right because I watched a cell phone video taken from 200 yards away."

You're a walking Einstein, dude. smirk

Nothing of substance to add. Unable to comprehend or refute what is clearly visible to everyone = stupid response.

Bet that tiny nerve bundle of yours was working in overdrive to crank out that penetrating reply. Laffin.

I think you take the Einstein title by 4 lengths.

Please know that I value your opinionated opinion highly. I can't imagine how great you must see yourself to know exactly what happened. You're my hero.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Looks pretty bad. The guy is running around aggressively and finally stops and puts his hands in the air and is immediately shot? What ever was in his hands after they were raised was in his hands before they were raised when he would have been more of a threat. I predict the cops are in deep shizzle.

I don't buy a motionless guy with his hands raised is a threat to two cops with guns drawn and leveled. In practice we could draw and shoot a target 25 feet away in .5 of a second. With their guns leveled reaction time would be a tine fraction of that. Around here cops with the drop on a guy with three guns waited to shoot him until he leveled the gun to shoot them which is a much more reasonable standard.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It doesn't matter what you "buy."

You don't know anything.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sollybug
Looks pretty bad. The guy is running around aggressively and finally stops and puts his hands in the air and is immediately shot? What ever was in his hands after they were raised was in his hands before they were raised when he would have been more of a threat. I predict the cops are in deep shizzle.

I don't buy a motionless guy with his hands raised is a threat to two cops with guns drawn and leveled. In practice we could draw and shoot a target 25 feet away in .5 of a second. With their guns leveled reaction time would be a tine fraction of that. Around here cops with the drop on a guy with three guns waited to shoot him until he leveled the gun to shoot them which is a much more reasonable standard.

A half second draw out of a cop holster would be uber. Bob Vogel would blush. It's more like 1.5 seconds for LE average then add about a .75 sec reaction time to figure out you're in the Shiite in the first place. Pretty sure my old ass can cross 20 feet in 2.25 seconds.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
don't be confusing the issue with facts Mac

still think Jim/EvilTwin has the right take on it.

azzhole with a knife is standing in the way to provide aid to those he's already harmed.

taser didn't work, well the firearms did

as it should be.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't buy a motionless guy with his hands raised is a threat to two cops with guns drawn and leveled. In practice we could draw and shoot a target 25 feet away in .5 of a second. With their guns leveled reaction time would be a tine fraction of that.

Many people are aware that the US Army first adopted the 1911 .45 ACP because their .38 revolvers weren't dropping charging Moros with sufficient regularity even with good hits, the mortally wounded Moros living long enough to inflict mayhem with their edged weapons.

What isn't widely reported is that the .45 didn't work much better.

Around here cops with the drop on a guy with three guns waited to shoot him until he leveled the gun to shoot them which is a much more reasonable standard.

Ya, levels the playing field, fair play and all that.... crazy

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In practice we could draw and shoot a target 25 feet away in .5 of a second.

No you couldn't.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For sure randy. Jim is spot on.

I Burn While I See
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He's uber.

I Burn While I See
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
maybe 1.5 if he practiced.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No you couldn't.

Pretty much lost all credibility with that little gem Solly.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The local paper had a story on the background of the deceased going back twenty years. Father IIRC is a retired Cop. Long history of drug use, forcibly evicted from parent's home in early twenties due to drug use and violence, including towards his mother.

Had even charged a University Cop with a knife more than ten years ago with the stated intention of getting himself shot, and that was just for a noise violation on campus for the sound system in his vehicle.

Had some years previously perpetrated an armed robbery at a McDonald's by climbing through the drive-in window and holding pruning shears to the throat of an employee.

I have no idea what twist of fortune gave this guy a wife and then a child (three weeks old at the time of this incident) but if there was ever anyone determined to f&&k up, it appears to have been him.

That weren't his house, he went off when they told him he couldn't be there.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by cv540
[Linked Image]

Finally, the only appropriate response to this drivel on whether a non-compliant armed felon within lethal distance of 2 officers carrying out their duty constitutes a justified shooting. And all this from a supposedly conservative group that should know better?

Sherifff David Clarke needs to be considered as the next US Attorney General or at least FBI Director. It's time to get sanity back into the discussion about policing the criminal element.

SPOT ON!!

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MOGC

No you couldn't.

I'm still laffin at .5

I Burn While I See
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Mac84
Originally Posted by MOGC

No you couldn't.

I'm still laffin at .5

Actually I believe him

Sundials are making a huge comeback

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 63 invisible), 2,448 guests, and 1,456 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,170
Posts18,484,590
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.