Print Thread
Hop To
Page 44 of 49 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 48 49
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by jdm953
AS is running very fast.He has lots of facts and the way he uses them is starting to make me think he is afraid of something.Kinda like that noise is the dark on the way to your stand.What do you hear AS?Slow down and rest.

I slept well last night. Thanks.

If you have something intelligent to contribute to the conversation, other then your baseless accusations, let hear it.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"If you have any evidence........ ".

That has been your mantra from the git go.

Kent and I have pointed out countless times that evidence of a Supernatural Force, by definition, can only exist in the realm of the Supernatural, or Spiritual.

Your mind is closed to that realm, so you will NEVER find what is obvious to the VAST majority of our membership.

And, in your arrogance and ignorance, you make condescending and insulting posts to the rest of us.

There ought to be a pretty good pile of "sandal dust" at your cyber front door by now.

That little bit on top came from mine.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by curdog4570
"If you have any evidence........ ".

That has been your mantra from the git go.

Kent and I have pointed out countless times that evidence of a Supernatural Force, by definition, can only exist in the realm of the Supernatural, or Spiritual.

Your mind is closed to that realm, so you will NEVER find what is obvious to the VAST majority of our membership.

And, in your arrogance and ignorance, you make condescending and insulting posts to the rest of us.

There ought to be a pretty good pile of "sandal dust" at your cyber front door by now.

That little bit on top came from mine.

Curdog, you say you considered some of my post condescending, but were they wrong? Can you not take a claim of "God did it", and replace God with any other magical entity, and will it's explanatory power not be equal to that of the claim that God did it?

As for your claims of an undetectable supernatural, as I've also pointed out in the past, doesn't that have the same practical implication of it not existing at all?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"As for your claims of an undetectable supernatural, as I've also pointed out in the past, doesn't that have the same practical implication of it not existing at all?"

I never have said a Supernatural Creator was undetectable.

In fact, over the years, MY mantra has been, and remains :

"A God incapable of revealing Himself to me is of no use to me."

A little Priest said it best centuries ago:" He is within YOU...Look not for Him elsewhere."

You'd brand me an idiot if I denied the existence of dinosaurs because I couldn't find any strange bones in my backyard.

Yet you deny the existence of a Creator/God because you can't find Him in the only place you are willing to look.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
"As for your claims of an undetectable supernatural, as I've also pointed out in the past, doesn't that have the same practical implication of it not existing at all?"

I never have said a Supernatural Creator was undetectable.

In fact, over the years, MY mantra has been, and remains :

"A God incapable of revealing Himself to me is of no use to me."

A little Priest said it best centuries ago:" He is within YOU...Look not for Him elsewhere."

You'd brand me an idiot if I denied the existence of dinosaurs because I couldn't find any strange bones in my backyard.

Yet you deny the existence of a Creator/God because you can't find Him in the only place you are willing to look.

Curdog, your dinosaur analogy is invalid. I would expect you to examine all of the available evidence before making a decision regarding your belief in the existence of dinosaurs. Perhaps a better analogy would be if I was trying to convince you that dinosaurs use to exist, but I was unable to provide a single example of a single dino fossil anywhere on earth, then perhaps you would be foolish for believing me, despite my lack of evidence.

You claim your God exists, but I don't see any evidence for him anywhere. Not one bone, anywhere.

As for who's examined the subject more deeply, I suspect I've studies it more deeply then you, but that no surprise, according to studies, on average atheist know more about religion then believers, and that's why they are atheist.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty lame dodge.

You have not "searched" for God in the only place He can be.

Your studies of various religions was an exercise in futility if your true aim was to find God.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Pretty lame dodge.

Your studies of various religions was an exercise in futility if your true aim was to find God.

You presume to know more then you do.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Pretty lame dodge.

Spiritual insight ALWAYS appears that way to self-worshipers.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

What a bunch of hoodly doo outta a dogs ear!
Organized religion is the bane of man.
I have no use or respect for it.

Earned success gets respect.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Pretty lame dodge.

Spiritual insight ALWAYS appears that way to self-worshipers.

Now you are just casting ad hominem attacks. I do not worship, or say prayers to myself, and as I've explained before, there are many things I hold in higher esteem then myself.

I figured that with all the conversations we've had on this subject you would have a better understanding of modern atheism by now.

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Pretty lame dodge.

So are you saying that God is an obligant symbiont? First I've heard of an Omnipotent being as such.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"So are you saying............ ".

I don't answer questions prefaced that way.

Lame try...... just like A.S.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by carbon12
Pretty lame dodge.

So are you saying that God is an obligant symbiont? First I've heard of an Omnipotent being as such.

Aren't most obligate symbionts parasites?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by carbon12
Pretty lame dodge.

Curdog, lets consider what you are saying.

If God can only exist within a person, he is not omnipresent, nor can he exist outside space and time. Since by your definition he cannot reside outside space and time, you've disqualified him as the first cause.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

Some of your old arguments...revisited.

An 87 year of guy with Dementia...... [/quote]

And your excuse??

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

An 87 year of guy with Dementia......

And your excuse??[/quote]

More developed logic and reasoning skills then you?

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
"So are you saying............ ".

I don't answer questions prefaced that way.

Lame try...... just like A.S.

Well said. Just like any cornered coward.varmint.

Last edited by carbon12; 09/05/15. Reason: never known curdog to be a coward
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
To the OP.
Yes.

Wsmnut

Belief is often the death of reason.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

It would be arrogant and presumptuous of me to demand that the theories be dumbed down to MY level of understanding before I will accept them as true. But that is exactly what you demand of people of Faith....... to reduce the Creator of all that is to something that will fit inside your small mind.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

An 87 year of guy with Dementia......

And your excuse??

More developed logic and reasoning skills then you? [/quote]

Actually, you called into question the reasoning skills of:

Peter William Atkins, an English Chemist and Professor of Chemistry at the University of Oxford and a Fellow of Lincoln College.

And:

Anthony Flew, who received the Oxford University Prize in Philosophy in 1947. He was a lecturer in philosophy at Christ Church, Oxford from 1949 to 1950, followed by four years as a lecturer at the University of Aberdeen, and 20 years as professor of philosophy at the University of Keele. Between 1973 and 1983 he was professor of philosophy at the University of Reading. Upon his retirement he took half-time posts from 1983 to 1985 at York University, Toronto and from 1986 to 1991 at the Social Philosophy and Policy Center at Bowling Green State University in Ohio.

In attacking the persons of Atkins and Flew, you would have committed what you would describe as an "ad hominem."

The rest of us?...well...we reconize that it is you just being you...a jerk.

Page 44 of 49 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 48 49

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (1minute, 1eyedmule, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 160user, 57 invisible), 2,298 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,410
Posts18,507,106
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.