Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26
Penguin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well this week's games list is up. Good luck..... you're going to need it.

Extra point game is Oregon at MSU. Tie breaker game is Boise at BYU. And those are the easy ones. smile

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow...will end up either 8-2 or 2-8 for sure...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yikes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll be happy if I only drop 2 this week. Tough picks!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BYC-Good choices on the games for this week. The cheese is going to get a little more binding me thinks.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only game that really scares me is SC/KY. I can easily see Spurrier laying an egg at home 2nd game of the season...

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Then you're a lot more confident than me. But then I'm cheating!! wink

KY won last year and have a lot of player returns. You definitely know that I sneaked that one in there. grin

BUT you boys and the Babe got lucky. I threw Will a couple of extras that I'm glad he didn't include. Outside of my picks thank goodness he didn't include Utah-Utah State. Boise-BYU is bad enough. Especially, after last year/week.

I can see 2-3 others going weird. Sparties - Ducks is a toughie.

It was a strange week for picks so I also consulted with Raeford as he had a good week. Thanks Craig!! grin

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc
Then you're a lot more confident than me. But then I'm cheating!! wink

Didn't say I could pick the winners... wink

I've got reasons behind my picks, but that dang Spurrier does it to me every year at least once. Just never know when the Game hens aren't going to show up.

Penguin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm with you guys, that Oregon vs State game is a tough one.

I gotta think Oregon is the favorite but that State is gonna win. Sounds funny but that's the deal. The ducks are more accomplished but they won't have time field and that was the difference last year I thought.

But Sparty plays mad. They enjoy being the dog. They like playing uphill. I'm taking them.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Penguin

I gotta think Oregon is the favorite but that State is gonna win. Sounds funny but that's the deal. The ducks are more accomplished but they won't have time field and that was the difference last year I thought.

But Sparty plays mad. They enjoy being the dog. They like playing uphill. I'm taking them.

Tough one..

Sparty rallies around their Defense, much like Florida State does. I thought FSU/Oregon would be a tough game, but Oregon ripped them apart, although the ducks still had Mariota. Sparty's QB looks like he can put up some decent passing yards. And did the Oregon QB get concussed? They're being awfully tight lipped in Eugene,...not sure which way to lean on this one..

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I have lost the link. How do I find it in order to pick again this week?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by butchlambert1

http://www.officefootballpool.com

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by Penguin

Tough one..

Sparty rallies around their Defense, much like Florida State does. I thought FSU/Oregon would be a tough game, but Oregon ripped them apart, although the ducks still had Mariota. Sparty's QB looks like he can put up some decent passing yards. And did the Oregon QB get concussed? They're being awfully tight lipped in Eugene,...not sure which way to lean on this one..

I didn't really see where O ripped anything, more like FSU handing them the ball every 2 out of 3 series. And IMO O gave up way more points to an inferior team last week than they should have.But it's early.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Raeford

I didn't really see where O ripped anything, more like FSU handing them the ball every 2 out of 3 series. And IMO O gave up way more points to an inferior team last week than they should have.But it's early.

Maybe so, maybe O made fewer mistakes. Sure seemed like to me O was running FSU ragged.

Yeah, it's early. Why is Michigan 15.5 pt favorite? Michigan hasn't done squat in quite a while. I know OSU hasn't either, but in my mind it seems like 2 evenly matched losers..

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Five turnovers....in the second half!!

"Why is Michigan 15.5 pt favorite?"
They have Harbaugh now!! It's all good going forward. grin

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by butchlambert1

http://www.officefootballpool.com

Thanks,
6th place, well I hope I do better this week. I need to pick the ones that should win and not just my favorites.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think about half of these games will be decided by a single point. Maybe 2.

Who picked this mess?? Raeford!? wink

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I am formulating a really good rant over this "Sparty" business, but that will have to wait until a later time.

For right now, is this Coach Tonio at Michigan State from the south? I mean, going by his first (Mark) and middle (Dan) name certainly seems to indicate this to be the case, but Tonio sure doesn't sound southern.

Along the same lines, when they bring in that Antonio guy for comments on football on TV, why do they always feel that they need to identify him as Sal's Pal Antonio? Who the hell is Sal, and why is it important to connect him with Antonio?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I am formulating a really good rant over this "Sparty" business, but that will have to wait until a later time.

For right now, is this Coach Tonio at Michigan State from the south? I mean, going by his first (Mark) and middle (Dan) name certainly seems to indicate this to be the case, but Tonio sure doesn't sound southern.

Along the same lines, when they bring in that Antonio guy for comments on football on TV, why do they always feel that they need to identify him as Sal's Pal Antonio? Who the hell is Sal, and why is it important to connect him with Antonio?

Mark Dantonio was born in El Paso, Tx, but moved at a very early age. I believe he moved to Ohio while he was young.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, then that explains that one. smile

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Page 7 of 26 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

294 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 257 mag, 270wsmnutt, 160user, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 26 invisible), 1,847 guests, and 1,010 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,450
Posts18,528,884
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.