-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pretty much all I learned from this thread is that Tibbe is one of those pathetic drama queens who acts offended and says he's going to leave... and then doesn't. Of course, at his age, this forum may be all he has going in his life. It's just too bad that all those years didn't leave him with something worthwhile to offer.

GB1

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the AR "Accurate Reloading" website.

The owner is an Arab Dick Head, Saeed Maktoum. I was one of his original moderators Bag Lickers years back.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by William_E_Tibbe
Bellydeep:

Taking into account that you are totally clueless as to the definition of "troll" please find here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

I'm actually shocked at the numbers of low level halfwits that are coming out of the woodwork to muck up the site. Completely worthless posts in clear violation of the house rules.

I abide by the house rules. I do not launch personal attacks. I do not engage in unfounded insults and denigration of others. I do not use expletives. I am always polite and respectful.

That is clearly above and beyond the mental capacity of that very small cabal of pseudo internet brigands that apparently are content in wallowing in the slop.

"In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments"

By your very own link, you fit the description.

You've lost the argument about serial numbers, MOVE ON!!!

But of course, you won't because you're a troll...

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I abide by the house rules. I do not launch personal attacks. I do not engage in unfounded insults and denigration of others. I do not use expletives. I am always polite and respectful.

You mean except for when you are calling me a fraud?

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Calhoun:

I don't know why you want to persist is chasing this peripheral issue that has already been beat to death. But once again I will say:

Way back at the inception I injected some qualifiers and exceptions:

* There may be some "antique" guns without serial numbers. * There may be some guns in "estate collections".
* There could be some wildcatters or self made guns or guns re-barreled or modified by a gunsmith after market, or guns that simply had the serial numbers wiped off.

When you speak of Savage Stevens you are going back to 1864, the merger and then the split and closure of one in 1936.

I spoke today to one gun dealer that I had a lot of dealings
with over many years. I asked him if he ever saw guns come in without serial numbers and he said no. Further in his state private owners cannot sell guns to each other any more due to the "Safe Act". The gun has to go through a FFL and he said further that if there was any indication at all that the serial number had been removed he wouldn't touch it. He added that military guns in WW11 all had serial numbers and even those in WW1 also had SN's.

You haven't given the age of your guns, when you acquired them and from whom and all pertinent history. You expect people to believe you on faith! Unless these guns were acquired by your grandfather and were originals in the family I doubt that you can even give the true history of them accurately.

The numbers of center fire rifles in existence, without SN's, is comparatively miniscule. As I amplified above, a major, successful gun dealer in business decades who has sold thousands of guns doesn't see guns without SN's.

You don't seem to grasp the relative magnitude. Instead you persist in efforts to build grandiose, misguided mountains out of mole hills. For what motive remains to discover. Either for the purpose of deliberately antagonizing and trying to fire up an argument or for the purpose of attempting to discredit me ? But the fact remains that you selectively cherry pick comments and bury the peripheral conditions while zooming up selective comments.

Why should I believe you? You won't believe me. That little cabal of gang bangers persisted in unloading on me with a plethora of insults and malicious sniping. Their lips got stiffened when my photo was posted - egad, with an animal !!! But conversely I didn't see any of their photos with animals.

I asked anyone who owned a rifle without a serial number to raise their hand and I only saw 3 or 4 at most. There was only one of them that I would actually believe.

I don't know if you are a fraud or not. I only know that you will never be able to prove that you are not.

In the meantime your post was civil and polite enough and I do appreciate that.

Last edited by William_E_Tibbe; 09/15/15.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
"if you find yourself in a hole, stop digging"

The first law of holes, or the law of holes, is an adage which states that "if you find yourself in a hole, stop digging".[1][2] The meaning behind it is that if you find yourself in an untenable position, you should stop and change what you are doing, rather than carrying on and exacerbating the situation.

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Drover:

Good advice. I agree. Unfortunately Calhoun doesn't get it yet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Drover:

Good advice. I agree. Unfortunately Calhoun doesn't get it yet. Nor do that disgraceful conglomeration of "wrong way Corrigans".

Not my problem however. Somewhat frightening that I, as a senior citizen, will leave my country in the hands of such uncouth, misguided, undereducated spoilers.

He's not talking about Calhoun you idiot

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hell - I already know that.

He's talking about you.

Jesus man, wake up and smell the coffee!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Calhoun: I don't know why you want to persist is chasing this peripheral issue that has already been beat to death.

Pot, meet kettle... (my one and only contribution to this hilarious thread) grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Drover:

It's interesting to me. I find most older gentlemen to be far more respectful and formal in conversations on the web much more like they would be face to face. You seem to be the exception. You mask your rudeness behind a façade of civility.

If you behave like this face to face I'm pretty sure you have very few real friends and have a pretty good track record getting your ass kicked.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JGray
Calhoun: I don't know why you want to persist is chasing this peripheral issue that has already been beat to death.

Pot, meet kettle... (my one and only contribution to this hilarious thread) grin

Hi JGray:

Me too, I'm laughing my butt off at some selective aspects and simultaneously not kidding at all.

But you're right - I did say I was leaving the site but unfortunately I had three subjects going and lost track of which I did say I would abandon.

Posters kept on asking questions and being the nice guy that I am I didn't want to leave them in the lurch so I relented.

But anyway - enjoy. blush

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Pugs
Drover:

It's interesting to me. I find most older gentlemen to be far more respectful and formal in conversations on the web much more like they would be face to face. You seem to be the exception. You mask your rudeness behind a façade of civility.

If you behave like this face to face I'm pretty sure you have very few real friends and have a pretty good track record getting your ass kicked.

Why would you want to drop you skivvies and show your posterior, on an international forum; confirming alliance with the little cabal and above all convincing Foreigners that Americans are jerks and screwballs ? Do you know what Ugly Americans are overseas ?

I have gone to some length to demonstrate that I am polite, courteous, do not use expletives, do not launch personal attacks and want to help people. All commendable attributes that a role model would promote. Yet you elect to challenge, impugn, degrade, sully, and do whatever your mind comes to - to destruct with malicious malevolence those positive attributes.

What a sad day for that segment of my fellow Americans that are so bent on tearing down the good and supplanting it with evil.

I'm done here on this thread.
No more from me.

I've been on these hunting forums for 12-15 years and it is always the same old carbon copy of those pervasive low life's that spoil everything. That little segment that are world class trouble makers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Drover:

Why would you want to drop you skivvies and show your posterior, on an international forum; confirming alliance with the little cabal and above all convincing Foreigners that Americans are jerks and screwballs ?

Funny. I've met on the order of 50-60 of these "Cabal" folks face to face over the years. Hunted a few critters, shared a few drinks and a few superb meals and a general good time. I think I have a much better feel for their measure than you. You might want to check just who is showing their posterior. I'd suggest the use of a mirror.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pugs:

With respect I'm done. Adios. No more. Sorry. Just isn't interesting nor productive.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Drover:

UH! - No, it was meant to you Mr. Tibbe.

If you can put aside your mistaken ideas long enough to read this perhaps you will understand that your take on serial numbers is in error. It is very good disertation on the subject and explains it quite thoroughly.

http://pennlago.com/are-firearms-without-serial-numbers-illegal/

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He won't......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Drover:

Just think of him as Herpes Simplex of this forum...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Page 17 of 26 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (219 Wasp, 219DW, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 46 invisible), 2,395 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,764
Posts18,515,316
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.