Hop To
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Greyghost
In most locals refusing to do your job is grounds to be fired... you all need to look it up more. Might be different in Kentucky but...

Phil

As GB stated, she is an elected official. We can no more just fire her, then we can just fire Zero. There are two ways to remove both from office, the citizens of he county can elect someone else during the next election, or she can be impeached. Those are our methods of "firing" an elected official in this country.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
In reality in kentucky marriage is governed in compliance with the Kentucky Resised Statutes I.e. State law that is under the preview of the legislative branch and the executive branch. The clerk is merely issuing a license as prescribed by law and recording the event. It isn't as if the clerk is performing the ceremony or creating the institution of marriage. They are merely doing the bookkeeping that the process has been followed and that the person performing the marriage attests that they in fact preformed the ceremony. To this point I think the clerk is failing to meet her job duties and taking on a mantle that is not hers . She may not like same sex marriage but she needs to stick to keeping the records of the county and quit trying to make policy that's not her job.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Originally Posted by Snyper
Hell was created for the Devil and the fallen angles. Hell hath enlarged itself to receive those who reject Christ.

Again, what you call coercion...is just plain facts.

You're attempting to prove "facts" by quoting from a fairy tale.

Your insisting that it is a fairy tale does not make it so. I don't have to know you to choose scripture over your assertions.

We may all have our own opinions. It does not follow that each of our opinions are correct.

It it not my intention to take away your choice, nor force you to agree with my arguments. They are provide for your amusement if you choose that route.

GB, thanks for providing the amusement. It's preferable to another Trump vs. ICarlie thread. sick

As for a comparison between Christian Scripture and Fairy tales, well, this is an illustration of the level of evidence we as non-believer see for your proclaimed " The Truth".

Last time we debated it was mostly on the (lack of) evidence for the theist point of view. Today I figured it might be fun to debate some of the biblical internals and their inherent contradictions.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
As I say don't know about Kentucky, but pretty sure here as an elected county official she could be fired by a vote of the County Supervisors if found she refused to do her job, and in this case even a federal judge so found! Not to mention it was a federal law she was not abiding by putting both the State and County governments in jeopardy!

Phil

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Hell was created for the Devil and the fallen angles. Hell hath enlarged itself to receive those who reject Christ.

Your insisting that it is a fairy tale does not make it so. I don't have to know you to choose scripture over your assertions.

We may all have our own opinions. It does not follow that each of our opinions are correct.

It it not my intention to take away your choice, nor force you to agree with my arguments. They are provide for your amusement if you choose that route.

GB, thanks for providing the amusement. It's preferable to another Trump vs. ICarlie thread. sick

As for a comparison between Christian Scripture and Fairy tales, well, this is an illustration of the level of evidence we as non-believer see for your proclaimed " The Truth".

Last time we debated it was mostly on the (lack of) evidence for the theist point of view. Today I figured it might be fun to debate some of the biblical internals and their inherent contradictions.

I am willing to let it rest by restating your last statement:

...perceived contradictions.

I'm done with the issue. I've reached the end of my stamina for debating entrenched positions.

Think I'll spend the rest of the week getting some 223 ammo ready for the range. I have a SPS Tactical that needs some attention!

Hope you get a chance to do the same.

GB

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I am willing to let it rest by restating your last statement:

...perceived contradictions.

I'm done with the issue. I've reached the end of my stamina for debating entrenched positions.

Think I'll spend the rest of the week getting some 223 ammo ready for the range. I have a SPS Tactical that needs some attention!

Hope you get a chance to do the same.

GB

Good luck with the SPS Tactical. I wouldn't mind owning one of those myself, my .223 efforts have focused on several AR platforms.

I hope to see some good groups, or good questions from your efforts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC

Nothing of the sort was established in that other thread - you simply presented added rambling hypotheticals. The reasoning about the atheist is of the highest null hypothesis quality - it seems to irritate you that you have cornered yourself on the matter of proof. You have yet to offer a shred of proof that an atheist exists and, instead, desperately resort to ad hominem attack. Simply - provide proof that an atheist exists. Waiting.

You have in no way corned me with your choice to be ignorant.

There you go again grossly misquoting another person to cover the fact that you are devoid of proof. I never claimed to have cornered you - with your own manipulation and dodging you have cornered yourself, and that is what was said above. Read it again.
Yes, so "ignorant" that my simple request for proof that there is an atheist has brought you to a standstill. Absent the Biblical morsels others provide for your mastication and silly argumentation, you have nothing with which to work. It's simple AS - even for the ignorant - let's see your proof. Are you going to dodge again?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Popcorn...where is the popcorn??

PS You (or ya'll, or all ya'll) realize this started with a thread on marriage licenses?

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Greyghost
As I say don't know about Kentucky, but pretty sure here as an elected county official she could be fired by a vote of the County Supervisors if found she refused to do her job, and in this case even a federal judge so found! Not to mention it was a federal law she was not abiding by putting both the State and County governments in jeopardy!

Phil

Laws differ by state. California is pretty wacky so I don't doubt that it works that way there. In most places an elected official can only be recalled, impeached, or voted out. The will of the voters is taken seriously and no one can "fire" an elected official other than the voters. I'm sure the Kentucky Constitution lists the ways and reasons to remove an elected official from office, it should be easy enough to find online.

It's all grandstanding anyhow, both on her part and the part of the gays that want to get "married". Just go to the next county if you want a gay marriage license, it's Kentucky, the next county courthouse can't be more than 30 miles away.

Either remove her from office by due process or shut the eff up. This is America, the people are sovereign and they elected her. It's not up to some federal judge or a bunch of leftist newspapers to decide if she keeps her job. She works for the people of her county.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Your insisting that it is a fairy tale does not make it so. I don't have to know you to choose scripture over your assurtions.

Kim Davis wants to force her opinions and religion on others, and you are defending her actions, and saying a book makes it "right" when it's not.

You are correct that my statements don't make it a fairy tale. That's what it is whether I say so or not, since none of it can be proven.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Nothing of the sort was established in that other thread - you simply presented added rambling hypotheticals. The reasoning about the atheist is of the highest null hypothesis quality - it seems to irritate you that you have cornered yourself on the matter of proof. You have yet to offer a shred of proof that an atheist exists and, instead, desperately resort to ad hominem attack. Simply - provide proof that an atheist exists. Waiting.

There you go again grossly misquoting another person to cover the fact that you are devoid of proof. I never claimed to have cornered you - with your own manipulation and dodging you have cornered yourself, and that is what was said above. Read it again.
Yes, so "ignorant" that my simple request for proof that there is an atheist has brought you to a standstill. Absent the Biblical morsels others provide for your mastication and silly argumentation, you have nothing with which to work. It's simple AS - even for the ignorant - let's see your proof. Are you going to dodge again?

It's quite easy to "prove" there are atheists:

There are atheists
See how easy that was?

That's equal to the proof you have of "God", so if it's not enough, then neither is yours.

It's really not complicated.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jcubed

PS You (or ya'll, or all ya'll) realize this started with a thread on marriage licenses?

Yes - do realize that - there is an ongoing side issue. Not really popcorn worthy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's quite easy to "prove" there are atheists: There are atheists. See how easy that was? That's equal to the proof you have of "God", so if it's not enough, then neither is yours. It's really not complicated.

Snyper - nice work, and I have never tried here to prove the existence of God. Am thinking that AS is not going to appreciate your comments as he/she seems to have gone to great lengths to avoid the admission you make here. P.S. There is no such thing as an atheist.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jcubed

Yes - do realize that - there is an ongoing side issue. Not really popcorn worthy.

Still need a sarcasm font on this site smile

I like to read the arguments posted and think about them...guess it is a nerdy popcorn that I needed.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I provided you evidence with you have failed to refute.

Heck I have a little two year old atheist sitting right next to me. She can't believe is something she as of yet has no knowledge of. Religion is taught.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Fubarski
And your stupidity is beginning to annoy the entire forum.

Kentucky law does not allow the issuance of marriage licenses to queers:

402.020 Other prohibited marriages.
(1) Marriage is prohibited and void:
(a) With a person who has been adjudged mentally disabled by a court of competent jurisdiction;
(b) Where there is a husband or wife living, from whom the person marrying has not been divorced;
(c) When not solemnized or contracted in the presence of an authorized person or society;
(d) Between members of the same sex;

So, following the law, she has no legal authority to issue a license to the militant queer a$$holes who are demanding one.

Added one:

(a) With a person who has been adjudged mentally disabled by a court of competent jurisdiction;
(b) Where there is a husband or wife living, from whom the person marrying has not been divorced;
(c) When not solemnized or contracted in the presence of an authorized person or society;
(e) Must have more than two front teeth!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Last I heard she's about ready to have her ass hauled back into court, maybe they'll throw away the key!

Phil

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Originally Posted by Fubarski
And your stupidity is beginning to annoy the entire forum.

Kentucky law does not allow the issuance of marriage licenses to queers:

So, following the law, she has no legal authority to issue a license to the militant queer a$$holes who are demanding one.

Added one:

(e) Must have more than two front teeth!

Don't matter. KY law is subordinate to the U.S. Constitution.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Heck I have a little two year old atheist sitting right next to me. She can't believe is something she as of yet has no knowledge of. Religion is taught.

God is discovered by reason.

Reason that people have had for at least 8,000 years, maybe even millions if Homo naledi buried it's dead in the cave. Basically, atheist thought is on the level of monkeys.

I'll admit that's a little unfair, because it's not based on reason that atheists reject God; it's simple denial.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by BarryC

God is discovered by reason.

Reason that people have had for at least 8,000 years, maybe even millions if Homo naledi buried it's dead in the cave. Basically, atheist thought is on the level of monkeys.

I'll admit that's a little unfair, because it's not based on reason that atheists reject God; it's simple denial.

That's interesting.Considering how on average adult non-believers have levels of education, higher incomes, and greater knowledge of religion, once again, your statements are just not true.

Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (1badf350, 16gage, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1lessdog, 55 invisible), 2,996 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,958
Posts18,519,418
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.