-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You have the entire World as proof, yet you brush it off.

Ignorance, stupidity, blindness, or denial. Which is it?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by BarryC

The Earth is proof of the the Earth.

There's a reason your argument is called an "argument from ignorance".

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Dang, I thought this was gonna be a joke about first cousins.....

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

And your theory that the Universe was created from ...

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

And your theory that the Universe was created from ...

So you are not familiar with the current state of the Science of Cosmology?

Why is that not surprising.

What is your evidence that your preferred supernatural being created "the entire world"?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, I'm quite familiar with it. And I understand that it boils down to an uncaused cause - just like God.

Except that you call God "nothing". You totally dismiss it. You don't even understand the implications of your own current favorite theory.

Last edited by BarryC; 09/22/15.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC

Nothing of the sort was established in that other thread - you simply presented added rambling hypotheticals. The reasoning about the atheist is of the highest null hypothesis quality - it seems to irritate you that you have cornered yourself on the matter of proof. You have yet to offer a shred of proof that an atheist exists and, instead, desperately resort to ad hominem attack. Simply - provide proof that an atheist exists. Waiting.

You have in no way corned me with your choice to be ignorant.

There you go again grossly misquoting another person to cover the fact that you are devoid of proof. I never claimed to have cornered you - with your own manipulation and dodging you have cornered yourself, and that is what was said above. Read it again.
Yes, so "ignorant" that my simple request for proof that there is an atheist has brought you to a standstill. Absent the Biblical morsels others provide for your mastication and silly argumentation, you have nothing with which to work. It's simple AS - even for the ignorant - let's see your proof. Are you going to dodge again?

I provided you evidence with you have failed to refute.

Heck I have a little two year old atheist sitting right next to me. She can't believe is something she as of yet has no knowledge of. Religion is taught.

C'mon Antelope Sniper, you have provided zero evidence - only your personal arguments and, on the outside chance that you did possess some evidence, even you should be smart enough to know that evidence is not PROOF. You have shown zero PROOF.

Now, I'd bet that your little little two-year old is lovely and smart - but how on earth could you possibly know what she denies when it comes to God? Get serious - and don't dare tell a fib to that little kid.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The following is an excerpt from the book And These Signs Will Follow. Like it says in the text, I think belief in God is instinctive. This is a true story as are the other twenty-five or thirty in the book.

Shane, a seven or eight year old neighbor kid, used to come over to do ceramics. Well, actually he would play with the clay that spilled out onto the concrete where I was mixing it. Kids are great people. To facilitate mixing, I once put a motor with a three inch propeller into the fifty five gallon drum of slip. The whole area vibrated from the activity generated by the half horse power motor. It was great. The propeller must have been wired to my eyes. When I saw Shane coming, enough slip flew out of the barrel for him to form his figurines. Shane sat down and immediately involved himself in the serious business of play.

"Shane, what do you think of this?" I asked, indicating the barrel; not having any idea what a child would answer.
"It's not scarin' me, but it's scarin' my tummy.” Pretty soon he began to complain of a stomach ache. We went into the house and sat on the couch. We talked for a couple of minutes. While we were sitting there talking he put his hands on his stomach and doubled over in pain.

"Would you like me to pray for God to take away your tummy ache?" I asked.
"My dad told me there is no God," Shane said, grimacing and still bent over. Since I believe children instinctively know God Is, I asked,
"If there is a God, do you believe He could take away your tummy ache if He wanted to?"
"Yes," he said.
"Well, then do you don’t mind if I pray?" I ask.
"No," he said, “I don’t mind.” I asked the Lord Jesus Christ to heal Shane instantly so he would know Jesus cares. He quickly sat up with a big smile and said,
"Jesus cares, doesn't He!"

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Snyper - nice work, and I have never tried here to prove the existence of God. Am thinking that AS is not going to appreciate your comments as he/she seems to have gone to great lengths to avoid the admission you make here. P.S. There is no such thing as an atheist.

You keep repeating that falsehood when I've shown you the proof. It makes you look silly

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Heck I have a little two year old atheist sitting right next to me. She can't believe is something she as of yet has no knowledge of. Religion is taught.

God is discovered by reason.

Reason that people have had for at least 8,000 years, maybe even millions if Homo naledi buried it's dead in the cave. Basically, atheist thought is on the level of monkeys.

I'll admit that's a little unfair, because it's not based on reason that atheists reject God; it's simple denial.

Reason and logic says if something is real it's existance can be shown or proven.

Religion relies on faith alone, which has nothing to do with reason or knowledge.

There's no "denial" of something that can't be shown to exist

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The following is an excerpt from the book And These Signs Will Follow. Like it says in the text, I think belief in God is instinctive. This is a true story as are the other twenty-five or thirty in the book.

BS'ing a 7 year old is hardly proof of some mystical instinctive belief in God.

He probably also instinctively would agree girls have Cooties too.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snyper

God is discovered by reason.

Reason that people have had for at least 8,000 years, maybe even millions if Homo naledi buried it's dead in the cave. Basically, atheist thought is on the level of monkeys.

I'll admit that's a little unfair, because it's not based on reason that atheists reject God; it's simple denial.

Reason and logic says if something is real it's existance can be shown or proven.

Religion relies on faith alone, which has nothing to do with reason or knowledge.

There's no "denial" of something that can't be shown to exist

If you say that the issue is simple, maybe it will come across to you in simple terms.

So -you say you are an atheist and that is supposed to be some sort of "proof". It is not - it is a profession - and a hypothesis on your part that you cannot prove becuase NO ONE other than you can know your true beliefs, positions and the standards on which you act. Others might hear what you profess and see some evidence, but neither is proof. You may prove that you exist, but you cannot prove that you - or anyone else - is an atheist.

The fact that you say there is no God - and challenge others to prove that there is - is simply the same as others saying that there is no atheist and that you are not any such thing - and challenging you to prove otherwise. Is one obligated to take your word as "proof"? Think a little bit.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The fact that you say there is no God - and challenge others to prove that there is - is simply the same as others saying that there is no atheist and that you are not any such thing - and challenging you to prove otherwise. Is one obligated to take your word as "proof"? Think a little bit.

I haven't challenged anyone to prove anything.
Some keep insisting there is a "God" and anyone who doesn't believe will be "punished". They believe in fantasy worlds called "heaven" and "hell" and want others to take it all seriously.

They are the ones who expect everything to be believed based on "faith" alone, so why would they question the word of someone who can actually relate what they know to be true (that they do not believe in some supreme being) VS one who can only relate what they "believe" (hope, want) to be true, based on an old book?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
So -you say you are an atheist and that is supposed to be some sort of "proof". It is not - it is a profession - and a hypothesis on your part that you cannot prove becuase NO ONE other than you can know your true beliefs, positions and the standards on which you act. Others might hear what you profess and see some evidence, but neither is proof. You may prove that you exist, but you cannot prove that you - or anyone else - is an atheist.

Once again, you are just wrong.

When a baby is born, they have only the barest of instincts, they have not yet accumulated any knowledge. As a result, we know their level of knowledge regarding religion. It's zero, nada, nil. A baby cannot believe in any god because they have not concept of religion or gods. You cannot believe in some for which you have not even formed the vaguest of concepts. As a result, all babies are atheist.

You care also an atheist toward all the thousands of gods you've never heard of. Since you know nothing of such gods, you cannot believe in their specific myths, an therefore are an atheist toward those gods.

In addition a person proclaiming their non-belief in a god is evidence for that non-belief. Of course it must be evaluated according to the standard of evidence, but such non-belief is an ordinary claim, and as a result would only require ordinary evidence. This is very different from the person making an extraordinary supernatural claim, which would of course, require extraordinary evidence.

As for your request for "proof", I've never asked you or any other theist for proof, just evidence. What you are attempting is a cheap apologetics trick of shifting the burden of proof and and the standards of evidence because you have nothing.

Once again, the evidence is on our side, and you have nothing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You care also an atheist toward all the thousands of gods you've never heard of. Since you know nothing of such gods, you cannot believe in their specific myths, an therefore are an atheist toward those gods.

The reason there are thousands of gods is because thousands of peoples know they aren't the end-all-be-all.

The understanding of God, like physics, has been an evolution. The earliest people had some ideas, but not the complete revelation, collective experience or memory to develop their ideas and observations. For example, Abraham is thought to have been born in Sumeria and worshiped Nanna,a moon god. Then he received revelation from Yahweh. But Abraham still had no idea about Hell or the Trinity - those were revelations that came later. However, Abraham did know about creation and Noah. These things were part of Sumerian religion. The fact that they were passed from Sumer (and earlier) on down to Christianity in no way lessens their validity.

There are kernels of truth in all the thousands of religions. Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of them all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When a baby is born, they have only the barest of instincts, they have not yet accumulated any knowledge. As a result, we know their level of knowledge regarding religion. It's zero, nada, nil. A baby cannot believe in any god because they have not concept of religion or gods. You cannot believe in some for which you have not even formed the vaguest of concepts. As a result, all babies are atheist. You care also an atheist toward all the thousands of gods you've never heard of. Since you know nothing of such gods, you cannot believe in their specific myths, an therefore are an atheist toward those gods. In addition a person proclaiming their non-belief in a god is evidence for that non-belief. Of course it must be evaluated according to the standard of evidence, but such non-belief is an ordinary claim, and as a result would only require ordinary evidence. This is very different from the person making an extraordinary supernatural claim, which would of course, require extraordinary evidence. As for your request for "proof", I've never asked you or any other theist for proof, just evidence. What you are attempting is a cheap apologetics trick of shifting the burden of proof and and the standards of evidence because you have nothing. Once again, the evidence is on our side, and you have nothing.

This is utter drivel - meaningless home-brewed "evidence" for whatever your "side" may be (lonely there?). Extraordinary wordgarbage that means zero. In the matter of any proof that there exists an atheist - you FAIL. Done with your mess and out of here.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
When a baby is born, they have only the barest of instincts, they have not yet accumulated any knowledge. As a result, we know their level of knowledge regarding religion. It's zero, nada, nil. A baby cannot believe in any god because they have not concept of religion or gods. You cannot believe in some for which you have not even formed the vaguest of concepts. As a result, all babies are atheist. You care also an atheist toward all the thousands of gods you've never heard of. Since you know nothing of such gods, you cannot believe in their specific myths, an therefore are an atheist toward those gods. In addition a person proclaiming their non-belief in a god is evidence for that non-belief. Of course it must be evaluated according to the standard of evidence, but such non-belief is an ordinary claim, and as a result would only require ordinary evidence. This is very different from the person making an extraordinary supernatural claim, which would of course, require extraordinary evidence. As for your request for "proof", I've never asked you or any other theist for proof, just evidence. What you are attempting is a cheap apologetics trick of shifting the burden of proof and and the standards of evidence because you have nothing. Once again, the evidence is on our side, and you have nothing.

This is utter drivel - meaningless home-brewed "evidence" for whatever your "side" may be (lonely there?). Extraordinary wordgarbage that means zero. In the matter of any proof that there exists an atheist - you FAIL. Done with your mess and out of here.

You are "out of here" because the most likely apologetic response to my position creates even bigger theological problems for you.

Face it. Your cheap trick didn't work, and you have nothing else.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

The reason there are thousands of gods is because thousands of peoples know they aren't the end-all-be-all.

The understanding of God, like physics, has been an evolution. The earliest people had some ideas, but not the complete revelation, collective experience or memory to develop their ideas and observations. For example, Abraham is thought to have been born in Sumeria and worshiped Nanna,a moon god. Then he received revelation from Yahweh. But Abraham still had no idea about Hell or the Trinity - those were revelations that came later. However, Abraham did know about creation and Noah. These things were part of Sumerian religion. The fact that they were passed from Sumer (and earlier) on down to Christianity in no way lessens their validity.

There are kernels of truth in all the thousands of religions. Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of them all.

Sounds like a pretty inefficient way for the "one god" to deliver his message. He delivers thousands of different messages for men to pick through and plagiarize from one another for several millenniums?

As for Christ fulfills the Hindu and Islamic, Greek, Norse, and Aztec scriptures? That's Absurd.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Everything is absurd to you.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Everything is absurd to you.

That's not true.

Most of what you say about shooting is spot on.

Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 16gage, 55 invisible), 2,965 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,968
Posts18,519,591
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.