-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not one time since that responce to you on yesterday at 5:44 have I used the terms "God did this" or "God did that." These are figments of your imagination.

LOL

Now you want to play word games, and confine the discussion to certain time constraints, when my first comments to you started long before those particular posts.

If you had any real proof of the things you've claimed it could be shown.

But it hasn't and won't be.

I'm not confused about who said what, but you seem to be confused about what you said yourself

Go back to where you were talking about heaven and hell, since that's where it began, and show some proof they exist.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
It is clear that you do not.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Paul, I think you will come to the same conclusion I have if you consider the consistent theme of Antelope Sniper's posts over the years on the subject of "religion".

While he probably does consider himself an Atheist, it is clear that he is really just anti-Christian.

He has never put forth a coherent argument against a "Creator God" that was not directed specifically against the Christian idea of such an entity.

It is a waste of time to argue with a man who doesn't understand his own philosophical position.

He believes he has a "Science based" world view, yet ignores the most basic scientific principles.

He seems to be an honest man, yet abandons honesty to score debate points [which are only awarded in his own mind].

"Kicking against the goad" ring a bell?

I'm goin' out fishin'.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He believes he has a "Science based" world view, yet ignores the most basic scientific principles.

No proof of course, but it is easier for me to believe that a God made all this, over a "Big Bang". I make a big bang every once in a while and although I have seen things die, I have seen no new life afterwards.

Gene, do you have plenty of water to fish in, and how is your eyes and back after your recent Dr. visits? miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy

That makes no sense at all, but is just as sensible as saying there is a heaven or hell

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if God made all this... who made God?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton
...it is easier for me to believe that a God made all this, over a "Big Bang".

How 'bout a God that created everything, and He used the 'Big Bang' to start it all up...? It was the avenue that He chose to use to get things going...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gene, thanks and good work. I have come to just about that same conclusion regarding Antelope_Sniper. He does seem like a nice enough fellow with a good brain, but also seems to abandon sensibility and get himself wrapped around the axle in his quest to slam Christians in the name of "atheism". Once in a while it is healthy exercise to draw some of these types out of the bushes and systematically pull their "intellectual" pants down around the ankles.

Another person, Snyper, tends to pile on later in the exchanges as a mimic but, so far, seems like maybe not so much a good fellow. He quickly trips over his own drawers. Here he is avoiding an opportunity to simply re-post his "absolute proof" - which never was apparent.
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by CCCC

Why not do yourself an easy favor and simply reprint (copy-and-paste) your "absolute proof" - right here/right now - your absolute proof that an atheist exists. Make it brief - the short and sweet version will do just fine.

Scroll back and read it. It's still there, and I know what I said, so I don't need to "do myself a favor"

Gene, as you know, such exchanges eventually reach the point of zero return on investment no matter how nice another fellow may seem to be (or not).

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by milespatton

No proof of course, but it is easier for me to believe that a God made all this, over a "Big Bang". I make a big bang every once in a while and although I have seen things die, I have seen no new life afterwards.

Gene, do you have plenty of water to fish in, and how is your eyes and back after your recent Dr. visits? miles

"He thought it and it was" works for me.

Same number of fish in 50 times more water. Makes 'em hard to find. This trip to the camp is mainly to do repairs on my Travel Trailer and boat. I did catch a 2 lb. channel cat and a six lb. Blue yesterday. Fixing to go home and get ready for an Antelope hunt in N.M. next week.

My right hand eye is fine... gonna do the left one next month. I can shoot reciever sights and see only ONE front sight on my six guns now.

The back injections went very well in that I haven't taken a pain pill since I left the clinic. I still have some pain so I'm going back the middle of next month for injections on the other side of my spine.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

That makes no sense at all, but is just as sensible as saying there is a heaven or hell

Go back an read my replies to you...you should be able to see it. There is no play on words.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by KFWA

If the universe is responsible for all this...who or what is responsible for the universe?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gene - glad you have 50x more water - you're up to the challenge. Happy fishing.

One good eye is a lot better than the previous situation. Where is your antelope hunt in NM?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If it's OK that all of creation came from nothing (as atheists believe), then it oughta be OK that God came from nothing too...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If the universe is responsible for all this...who or what is responsible for the universe?

exactly

but the conundrum is as soon as you identify and entity, then that entity has to have a creator

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

exactly

but the conundrum is as soon as you identify and entity, then that entity has to have a creator

I'm not sure I am in total agreement with you.

It seems to me that the two most popular arguments boil down to this...something...or someone has always been.

Each person decides for themselves where they choose to start.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another person, Snyper, tends to pile on later in the exchanges as a mimic but, so far, seems like maybe not so much a good fellow. He quickly trips over his own drawers. Here he is avoiding an opportunity to simply re-post his "absolute proof" - which never was apparent.

Why can't you scroll back and find it if you really want to know?
It was clearly explained.

Instead, you just ramble on

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Go back an read my replies to you...you should be able to see it. There is no play on words.

You wanted to limit my comments to particular post, but now want me to go back through all of yours to figure out your cryptic meanings.

It's not worth sifting through the drivel when I got it all the first time around.

Stick to your fairy tales if it makes you happy.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

exactly

I'm not sure I am in total agreement with you.

It seems to me that the two most popular arguments boil down to this...something...or someone has always been.

Each person decides for themselves where they choose to start.

Static Universe hypothesis went out the window in the 1920's.

As for the idea of a specific intelligent being existing since forever, that just raises more questions then it answers, and creates an infinite regress.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 09/25/15.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Just, for a moment, imagine an entity that is not constrained by the "rules or parameters" He made.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

You wanted to limit my comments to particular post, but now want me to go back through all of yours to figure out your cryptic meanings.

It's not worth sifting through the drivel when I got it all the first time around.

Stick to your fairy tales if it makes you happy.

Not at all. It was you who insisted on tying all my replies together.

It is you who supposes that I imply that you do the same now.

And...it is you that insists that I have "cryptic meanings" when I told you plainly that..."There is no play on words."

Because it is obvious that your mind it very shallow, I will tell you that my meaning is clear...I'll use your own words to tell you exactly where to look:

"You wanted to limit my comments to particular post"...

Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

622 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 16gage, 57 invisible), 3,061 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,965
Posts18,519,560
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.