Hop To
Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
I don't ignore him any more. Among all the abuse and unfounded criticisms, he drops the occasional gold nugget regarding reloading & shooting. He once suggested I take notes. I do...now.

Nuggets eh? Stuff that has been common knowledge for years before he was around..

Not anything new or enough to put up with the Kindergarten education and grammar.

I make sure and read everything YOU post too rost495, as you are civil as well as a veritable fount of shooting knowledge.

GB1

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Roy Rogers did.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
OLDelkkchunt,

I'm MUCH enjoying your Delusion(s),that you've a first fhuqking clue about boats...or anything else. Only rolled that hull (3) times and it killed me twice. Laughing!

Have been killed (6) times,amongst the herd. Laughing!

Three boats and one is passable HINT. A [bleep] Buttliner Trophy and the big POS behind it is just as worthless. I wouldn't float that in a puddle nevermind the ocean. In short(no pun intended) a canoe would look big to you.

Laffin

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Oh Larry you poor little [bleep]...

Why dontcha tell the folks here at the fire about the top on your Duckworth?? Ever been stranded without a top?? Lmfao

Why doncha trip some garbage you got, and simply buy a "top"!!! Oh [bleep] I'm crying!!!

You poor MUDSHARK loving piece of [bleep] schitt... your doing "grate".... laffin

PS, has that POS glass boat you post ever ran since you've received it??? Lmao

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
OLDelkkchunt,

I'm MUCH enjoying your Delusion(s),that you've a first fhuqking clue about boats...or anything else. Only rolled that hull (3) times and it killed me twice. Laughing!

Have been killed (6) times,amongst the herd. Laughing!

Three boats and one is passable HINT. A [bleep] Buttliner Trophy and the big POS behind it is just as worthless. I wouldn't float that in a puddle nevermind the ocean. In short(no pun intended) a canoe would look big to you.

Laffin

Right?? Who would post a pic of a bayliner??? Lmfao

Followed by a schitt show that's simply never ran, followed by a 1980 Duckworth he faint afford a top too!!! Dress warm boys, I caint afford a top for "the boat"!!! Haha

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
teal,

Some day Weatherby may build a sound rifle,but I'd not hold my breath. Their best thus far is Mouser,Sako and Howa based...................

elkkchunt,

Cameras are purty expensive and I reckon you've got one on layaway...so are plagiarisin' until it's outta jail?

Laughing!..................

Gee,

Cheer up...Martha Stewart shoots more than The Duke ever did.

Laughing!................

OLDelkkchunt,

It's your Imagination...Pretend with it as you MUST.

Mebbe you'll get Outdoors,next year?!?

Laughing!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see you're still limited to a paltry two posts a day. Where's the sense in that? If you're allowed to post you should be allowed to post. Free Big Stick so it doesn't take twenty minutes to read one of his posts! grin

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Old Roy did market one MKV action which I found to be pretty well balanced. Though the handle left much to be desired.

Back in the late '70's a local drug store had their entire line of MKV deluxe on sale for half price, each caliber from 224 through 340.

I picked up the 26 inch MIJ varmintmaster in 22-250. I only put about 1500 rounds a year through it. But it still managed to split the stock in the second year.

Back when I was twenty years old, I thought it was a pretty cool rifle with the Redfield windage adjustable mounts and 3-9 Redfield accutrac scope.

It took me a few more years before I discovered the inherent failings of both parts of that system.

In SS and with a svelte lightweight classic style stock, and a chambering worthy of big game, the original Vermintmaster would have made a pretty decent hunting rifle. It is really too bad they discontinued the rifle before they ever got around to building it in 25 caliber.

I would say, they are even worth the price of admission............when you can find 'em new on clearance at 1/2 price.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
interesting on the wtby hate.

Super Midget doesn't like anything taller than him. I'm sure others have other reasons.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Chuck knows speed

[Linked Image]

and Weatherby's

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Not quite sure it's a Weatherby,but,it sure do look like one Reagan is holding.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Jesse Duff with her Weatherby.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by teal
Nothing in the WBY rifle line has ever gotten me excited. Always was a Ruger slut and now my Montana has me more than a little excited.

Cartridge wise - meh, I've known some shooters who swear by them, usually a generational thing. Grew up as kids seeing the ads or dad/grandpa had one back in the 50's...

Speed in interesting but now I'm more interested in how the bullet bucks the wind. Up/Down - dat's dialing. Reading the wind isn't easy - rather have slippery bullets at good speed than [bleep] bullets at warp speed. The harder you throw a beach ball the uglier the flight.

Ruger? You are a slut to an anti gunner? Wow

Interesting on the speed thing though.. many dis the wtby rounds, but they would shoot an 06 and not a puny 08... LOL...Its all the same.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

'ger,

Don't slight how "real" Ringmam's Imagination and Pretend are to her.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Gotta run new glass through it's paces today,gunning LR come-ups through a BHW 18" LW Middie. Was "only" supposed to have 55 Mils on the erector,but it were the pleasentest of suplizes to count 62.5Mils instead. With 75 Hornie HPBT's right at 2800fps,it's only 12.5 Mils to 1K and but 19.2 to the 1200yd line and I'm groovin' on the "odds" of that remaining on the erector,on the otherside of it's 200yd zero.

Pouring down rain currently,so the Chrome will be willin'. Need to grab a set of caps(thunked I'd ordered 'em,but apparently not) and then it'll be Showtime.

[Linked Image]

Big stick: is that a 1x4 SS HD on the AR? If so how is the glass and tracking? Anything better in the 1x4 realm? Was looking at a vortex PST? Need one for an AR to 600 yd only.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by teal
Nothing in the WBY rifle line has ever gotten me excited. Always was a Ruger slut and now my Montana has me more than a little excited.

Cartridge wise - meh, I've known some shooters who swear by them, usually a generational thing. Grew up as kids seeing the ads or dad/grandpa had one back in the 50's...

Speed in interesting but now I'm more interested in how the bullet bucks the wind. Up/Down - dat's dialing. Reading the wind isn't easy - rather have slippery bullets at good speed than [bleep] bullets at warp speed. The harder you throw a beach ball the uglier the flight.

Ruger? You are a slut to an anti gunner? Wow

Interesting on the speed thing though.. many dis the wtby rounds, but they would shoot an 06 and not a puny 08... LOL...Its all the same.

Originally Posted by 700LH
Wranglers fit better anyway.

I wished I could say this...

So its Levi's still for me. But I have nothing against the gay folks, its their deal not mine.

The anti gun deal sucks. But I'm lucky I only need 2 pair of Levis at any time. Going more Carhart and Duluth lately.

Says the guy who wears Levi's - because they fit, ignoring their anti-gun history.

Hypocrisy is something that suits you apparently and you're not shy about hiding it.

Me

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
elk, nice post there...

Molon Labe
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
tex: Try 80-81gr of either Norma MRP or RL-22 F-215s with the 180TTSX/TSX. My MKV shoots well under MOA and right at 3250 fps, with no pressure issues (temps ranging from the low 30s to well over 100 deg. I've taken over 15 head of African PG with it as well as black bear, deer and hogs. j

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
elk, nice post there...
Thanks. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
With all this Weatherby luv breaking out.............

[Linked Image]

I guess I'd better hop to it and resurrect my ol' 700 Classic.

Just sayin'

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Nice .300 Wby GeeDub.

Got this .300 Wby for Christmas 2012.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Page 7 of 20 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (35, Amos63, Akhutr, anothergun, 13 invisible), 1,594 guests, and 761 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,651
Posts18,512,647
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.