Home
Posted By: jorgeI WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/19/15
Picked up this nice Lazermark in 7 WBY mag last week. I'd never seen one in an oil finish/rust blue configuration so home it came. As stated over on the optics forum, I went to the "dark side" and affixed a 6X Leupold. I am very pleased with it, clear and bright with precise click adjustments:

[Linked Image]

Went to the range today with my standard loads from years ago using 140r TSXs and Ballistic tips. The top group are the BTs (3 shots) and the bottom one are four shots of the TSXs. Final one shot correction ( I only loaded five rounds, resides dead center atop the diamond and taped over (TSX).

[Linked Image]

Finally tried 154r Hornadys as well. Not bad, right at .75" but as you can see (and I expected) the TSXs continue to be the most accurate bullets I've ever shot:

[Linked Image]
Excellent shooting Jorge. smile
Posted By: Bighorn Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/19/15
Very nice, Jorge-

I don't know where the myth of Weatherby calibers being 'inaccurate' ever came from. My two MkV's are easily among the most accurate rifles I own.
Stirring the pot.

If I were to own a 7mm Wby,I would try 160 gr Nosler Partitions. wink
Posted By: jorgeI Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/19/15
I would too! I just don't have any on hand, but I would also try a heavier TSX as well.
I'd check the bc on the 175 Partition and use that if going to stretch it out.

Mike
Weatherby's suck or so I have been told numerous times on this site.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I would too! I just don't have any on hand, but I would also try a heavier TSX as well.
You need to watch this place.

http://www.shootersproshop.com
Posted By: ironbender Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/19/15
As stated over on the optics forum, I went to the "dark side" and affixed a 6X Leupold. I am very pleased with it, clear and bright with precise click adjustments:

Stick is happy for you. wink
Posted By: Steelhead Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/19/15
[Linked Image]
Both my 300 wby mag Deluxe and 270wby accumark are accurate. Both build like a brick sht house. But they are both heavy and have 26 inch barrels. The deluxe handles like a much lighter and short rifle and its a great looking rifle. I doubt I ever get rid of it. The accumark I could see myself letting it go. I dont care to give it away as its not eating anything in the safe but I did try to trade it on here awhile back for a standard caliber without success.
Originally Posted by Steelhead
[Linked Image]

There are at least two reasons why this must be a 700 owner. ...
Posted By: Steelhead Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/19/15
I think it was the windage adjustable bases that sealed it.
jorge,Very nice rifle there..

Have a 7mm Wea. also, but it is a 700 with a Lilja barrel..
A great shooter.. I made it as a long range coyote rifle yeas ago.. But it has killed lots of big game for us.. You will love it..

As to the myth about Weatherby's being inaccurate when I was really getting money enough to buy some rifles, I wanted a .300 Wea. In the late 60's, I dealt with a huge gunshop that sold the Mark V's, plus some very fine semicustom rifles..
The reputation of the Weatherby rifle was that it was NOT accurate!!! I was told if I bought one 2" groups would be outstanding.. This shop sold one Weatherby that would not hold a group on an 8.5X11 sheet of paper.. Weatherby's reply was we build hunting rifles NOT target rifles..
At that time, my best pal bought a .300 Wea. but it was on an FN action and built with NO FREEBORE.. I shot it quite a bit an it was very accurate.. Rifles custom barreled in that area were often set up with no freebore..
Years later Weatherby built a rep. for accurate rifles, and it has held til now..

three reasons...

Pretty much topped it off....For me as well.. I used to use a 300 WBY for all my hunting needs. The best thing about that rifle was it wasn't a Weatherby.. whistle
Posted By: ringworm Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/19/15
I used to run a kjap .257 DLX with 117 RN.
It jellied them in thier tracks.
Posted By: BobinNH Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/19/15
Picked up this nice Lazermark in 7 WBY mag last week. I'd never seen one in an oil finish/rust blue configuration so home it came. As stated over on the optics forum, I went to the "dark side" and affixed a 6X Leupold. I am very pleased with it, clear and bright with precise click adjustments:

[Linked Image]

Went to the range today with my standard loads from years ago using 140r TSXs and Ballistic tips. The top group are the BTs (3 shots) and the bottom one are four shots of the TSXs. Final one shot correction ( I only loaded five rounds, resides dead center atop the diamond and taped over (TSX).

[Linked Image]

Finally tried 154r Hornadys as well. Not bad, right at .75" but as you can see (and I expected) the TSXs continue to be the most accurate bullets I've ever shot:

[Linked Image]

Probably as much Ooomph as you can buy in an open country rifle without getting beat to death on the back end. smile
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/19/15
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ingwe Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/19/15
I never had any trouble with windage adjustable bases, and never figured out why the disdain for them.....

That said I think better are out there, and have switched over to Talleys on almost everything.

Tastes in rifles differs....with no set standard, at least for me....

Jorge, Im glad you got a good one that shoots...its a helluva good cartridge. I like the matte finish, I must say....

Bottom line though is you gotta be the one thats happy with it, and you plainly are.

Rock on! laugh

God invented Blondes, Brunettes and redheads for a reason...though I haven't figured out why he didn't just stop at blondes.... wink
Posted By: bartman Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/19/15
A long time ago dad used to take me to a gun shop with beautiful brand new Weatherby's shining like gold and diamonds in a glass case. At 12 years old it was hard to afford one. Now I can afford one but can't find one of those shiny new Mark V's on a shelf!
Posted By: las Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/19/15
Having been a gunsmith, and disliking over-hyped, over-priced, over-shiney, often overly heavy rifles, which in Wby calibers burn more powder than the results and recoil justify, you could give me one of those!

I'd then sell it and buy something I like.

YMMV and have at it! smile
Originally Posted by Bighorn
Very nice, Jorge-

I don't know where the myth of Weatherby calibers being 'inaccurate' ever came from. My two MkV's are easily among the most accurate rifles I own.

That myth comes from people with little to no experience with Weatherbys. Mostly observers at the range watching someone scared to death of his first magnum.

Learned that by shooting their rifles to show there is nothing wrong with them.
Posted By: Cougarz Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/20/15
Nice looking rifle. I especially like the mat blueing with the satin wood. Usually I can take or leave the carving but on your rifle it looks ok.

I've always wanted a 7mm Weatherby to go along with my .257 Deluxe & .300 Accumark. I keep thinking about one in an Ultra Lightweight. Any way good luck with your new toy.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/20/15
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
Originally Posted by Bighorn
Very nice, Jorge-

That myth comes from people with little to no experience with Weatherbys. Mostly observers at the range watching someone scared to death of his first magnum.

Learned that by shooting their rifles to show there is nothing wrong with them.

This.
Yup,the same could be said for any rifle/cartridge on the market today. wink
Posted By: 7x57STEVE Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/20/15
jorge,

It's great to see excellent choices and shooting skill come together for an impressive result.

You done good and congrats!

Steve
Posted By: specneeds Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/20/15
I like the current crop of Weatherby rifles better than the shiny out of reach versions of my youth but the old calibers still deliver modern ballistics decades after their introduction. Pick the bullet diameter and Weatherby has the top performance or very near it for flat shooting hunting rifles.
Posted By: roninflag Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/20/15
nice rifle . nice shooting
Posted By: Pugs Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/20/15
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE
It's great to see excellent choices and shooting skill come together for an impressive result.

Steve was so overcome with admiration that he (1) Bought both his lunch and beers as well as mine today and (2) gave me a box of 160 gr Noslers to send to you that will be in the mail tomorrow.

What a guy. grin
Posted By: jorgeI Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/20/15
Oh yeah! smile
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/20/15
Glad to see it shoots as good as it looks.
I'm sure you didn't consider if anyone else would approve of your choices ..... wink
I would shoot a Weatherby if they would chamber the rifle I want in the cartridge I want!

For the life of me I can't understand these people!

Why not make all of your rifles available in all of your proprietary cartridges?

Mike
Posted By: Big Stick Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/22/15
Whore-Hey!,

You AMAZINGLY Stupid Kchunt. Only you would swoon a blued/walnut Goat Fhuqk wearing windage adjustable rears and a scope that you were only 30+ years late in "discovery". Bless your heart.

Now to frost the cake,you are going to laude Ping Pong Ball BC's and never draw a drop of blood from it?!? That is VERY exciting "news" and pardon my having to feign "surprise" at the heralded unveiling. Laughing!

You never don't not deliver oblivious hilarity,by simply doing your best! On a good day,whattaya figure them bitchin' 154's leave the muzzle at? Cain't wait to hear the 160 and 175NPT "particulars". Laughing!

I'm crying...I'm laughing soooooooooooo fhuqking hard! You couldn't knock the new offa used pair of boots. Congratulations?!?

Wow +P++........................
Posted By: hatari Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/22/15
Who asked you? Poster child for the campaign "a mind is a terrible thing to waste".
Posted By: jorgeI Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/22/15
Pay no attention to him Jeff. Clear evidence of inbreeding, O2 starvation from the shallow end of the gene pool and limited knowledge. Let us hope he doesn't procreate....
Anytime's good for her, although Big Stick's only interested in Big Dicks....
Did he use up his one post a month allowance already?

One can only hope, looking on the bright side, at least he used it up on this thread where he has ZERO credibility, instead of another post where someone might be led to believe he actually has something to contribute... I know, let's have a spelling contest for him...
Posted By: Big Stick Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/22/15
gaytari,

Exceedingly GOOD fhuqking call,to go right to Whining and refrain ALL things The Rifle...you sniveling kchunt.

PLEASE find me "mistaken" and I'll happily take the time to rub your nose further,in your stupidity. Don't let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt.

Bless your heart....................

Whore-Hey!,

Didn't mean to horn you up and I'll feign my "surprise" that you came crashing outta the closet...yet again. What were the "odds" of you fixating your homo-erotic fantasies,rather than try rifle "particulars". You gotta stick with what you know Toots. Congratulations?!?

You gawddamned fhuqking nearly were brazen enough to say sumptin' about rifles. Laughing!

Keep on with these EXCITING updates,as you almost shoot a box of ammo a year and punish paper with Ping Pong Balls.

You amazingly inept Do Nothing Kchunt.................

elkkchunt,

Mebbe consider driving a stake,to see if your kchunt leaves the couch,then take a picture of the "accomplishment".

You poor poor Stupid Fhuqk,you couldn't pour piss outta a boot,if Whore-Hey! had a spit shine on her Coke Bottles and was reading the instructions to you.

I'm fhuqking crying,I'm laughing soooooooooooo fhuqking hard.

Wow!...................

'nm,

You KNOW better than to try rifles,but ain't aspooked of Cock.

Congratulations?!?

Laughing!....................

Posted By: geedubya Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/22/15
Afternoon' B,

[Linked Image]

240 Weatherby Mark V Accumark

[Linked Image]

257 Weatherby Mark V Accumark 257 Roy

[Linked Image]

Weatherby Mark V Accumark, Super Varmintmaster, 308 Win.

[Linked Image]

Weatherby Vanguard S2, 6.5 Creedmoor

[Linked Image]

Wby Vanguard S2, 6.5 Creedmoor,
Wby Vanguard S2, 240 Roy.

JAPPFT,

GWB

Couple of pics of a Weatherby I have on lay away.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

To each his own, but personally if I were given a Weatherby the first and only thing I'd to with it is sell it.
Nice rifle and good choice of cal. My first wby was a German 7m/m I bought in the 60's. Good then good now. Hasbeen
Posted By: MojoHand Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/22/15

[Linked Image]

Is it possible to feel sorry for a scope??? laugh

To each his own, I guess....
Posted By: slm9s Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/22/15
While I was growing up, my Dad's only big game rifle was a Wby VG deluxe in 7RM. Gorgeous wood, deadly in his hands. His best year was 7 elk. So yes, I'm a Wby fan.
Posted By: Bama_Rick Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/22/15
First critter I shot with the old .257 Bee

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 4ager Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/22/15
Originally Posted by heavywalker
To each his own, but personally if I were given a Weatherby the first and only thing I'd to with it is sell it.

I agree with this.

The .257Wby ain't a bad cartridge by any stretch, though I'd rather several over it and many more over anything else stamped Wby. Can't say as I'd ever consider the .460Wby in that conversation, but unless Jurassic Park becomes reality I'd never reach for one.

Overweight, overpriced, overhyped. JMO...

Yet, if someone else wants to gun one and does so well, more power to them.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/22/15
The first time I ever saw a Weatherby was in '64 at a deer camp north of Vicksburg in the swamps of all places. It was a 7MM Wby with some really beautiful wood. The second was about four years later, a 300 Wby at Gayfers in the Biloxi/Gulfport area... Priced at $300 IIRC. The clerk patiently got it out of the case and actually let me (18 at the time) handle it. Growing up in that era, a Weatherby was THE rifle everyone wanted. I had to wait a while.

I have two Weatherby Mk 5's I bought in the '81-'82 time frame when I was stationed in Japan for $450 each...a 7MM Wby and a 240. Good triggers and very slick actions. The Mk 5 is a little heavy for the 240 but I like them both and they're not going anywhere.

As someone mentioned for the 7MM Wby Mag, don't overlook the 175 Partition at over 3000fps.
Posted By: Ringman Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/22/15
WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS.
Well why I shoot A Weatherby is because at the time it was the lightest "three" locking lug system I knew of. The small Weatherby weighs 26 ounces. My whole rifle with 26" barrel, scope, sling and ammo came in at under seven pounds.

I still don't know of a three lug type that is as light.
Posted By: Magnumdood Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/22/15
Originally Posted by Ringman
WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS.
Well why I shoot A Weatherby is because at the time it was the lightest three locking lug system I knew of. The small Weatherby weighs 26 ounces. My whole rifle with 26" barrel, scope, sling and ammo came in at under seven pounds.

Weatherby makes a 3-lug action?

I have been under the impression Weatherby made 6-lug and 9-lug actions.

Tell me more about the 3-lug action Weatherby makes. What caliber(s) does Weatherby chamber the 3-lug action rifles for?
Posted By: Kaleb Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/23/15
Originally Posted by MojoHand

[Linked Image]

Is it possible to feel sorry for a scope??? laugh

To each his own, I guess....

Funny....I totally agree. You know they say one mans trash another mans treasure.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/23/15
gee',

I've shot or have got everything thus far mentioned,as well as a lot that ain't. Of the receivers made by Weatherby,the VG is lightyears ahead of all things 6 and 9-lugged.

Accumarks wear dog schit handles and have the ergo's of a 2x4...nothing there to swoon at all,though they badly botch twist rates too and that's always great news for the Fence Hopping Ping Pong Ball Fling Faction.

A S/S VG can be pressed into service,in a few chamberings they manage to get right with twist,throating and COAL latitude....................

elkkchunter,

Boy that's just gotta be really fhuqking EXCITING,saving pennies to bail a POS Goat Fhuqk Weatherby out of jail,so you can do nothing with it. Laughing!

Bless your heart...................

'9s,

Say sumptin' about the boolits used,it WILL be funny!

Boolits matter farrrrrrrr more than headstamps.

Hint.................

Bama',

I read on the Interweb that I mighta shot a 257Wby once and it mighta been 700 based,a few times over.

Laughing!.............

'ager,

I shot my MKV 378 literally apart and liked 270X's at it's threshold. Trouble was/is,the rifles are pieces of fhuqking schit.

To their credit,Weatherby did restock it(it was cracked in several places),rebarreled it(shot right the fhuqk out),poked a new bolt in it(lugs were set back,installed a new trigger(it had broken internally) and reblued the works(it had the new knocked right the fhuqk offa it). As soon as I opened the box,I hung a For Sale sign on the POS.

Pard shot a 460 purty hard,but got away from it purty quick,as it was going South too.

The less you shoot,the "better" they are and it's right up Whore Hey!'s alley.

Laughing!.......................

'8r,

A 175Ping Pong Ball at 3K fps is hilariously funny [bleep]! A S/A 7-08 at 2.815" OEM COAL with a 162 'Max at 2700fps via 22" spout,slaps that piece of fhuqking [bleep] silly. Hint.

THANKS for the morning chuckle,as I await a jet to R&R...............

Ringmam,

Your Imagination and it's Pretend,are once again taking you places that don't exist. Congratulations?

Now say that you were referencing a Sako based Weatherby and "forgot" to mention that.

Laughing!..................

Magnumdoosh,

The Sako and Mouser based Weatherby offerings are triple luggers in some circles that count bolt handles.

Though them facts have nothing to do with Ringmam's Delusions................

Kaleb,

Cheer up...Whore Hey! isn't ever gonna do anything with it,except punish paper twice a year at most,with Ping Pong Balls.

It'll be the "best" rifle she's ever had.

I'll feign my "surprise" that The Whining Kchunts became silent instantly,less a single rifle fhuqking "particular".

What were the "odds"?!?

Posted By: Ringman Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/23/15
Magnumdood,

Years ago I read about a five lug action. The bolt lift was about 35 degrees. On the Weatherby I used the word "three" lug so someone is not looking for something with about a 20 degree bolt lift. Mine is a six lug action built around the .30-06.

I would really like a small three lug titanium action for my next build. It seems one could get the action down to fifteen ounces.
Posted By: ingwe Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/23/15
Wow!

This is the next best thing to a Kimber thread for a love/hate relationship! grin

Hard for me to criticize the looks of a gun, as long as I'm slumming the McFlame wink

Posted By: hatari Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/23/15
Originally Posted by geedubya
Afternoon' B,

[Linked Image]

240 Weatherby Mark V Accumark

JAPPFT,

GWB

Looks like Charles Manson went hunting....
Posted By: jorgeI Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/23/15
Originally Posted by hatari

Looks like Charles Manson went hunting....

He's already posting here.
No worries elk, he's just another alcohol-addled inbred on ignore. Hopefully, he won't procreate..
No worries elk, he's just another alcohol-addled inbred on ignore. Hopefully, he won't procreate..

He already has .
Posted By: Magnumdood Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/23/15
I don't ignore him any more. Among all the abuse and unfounded criticisms, he drops the occasional gold nugget regarding reloading & shooting. He once suggested I take notes. I do...now.
Posted By: bellydeep Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/23/15
I sure wouldn't complain if I was "stuck" with a 7mm WBY and a 6X Leupy. I'd go out and shoot a pile of game with it.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/23/15
Ringmam,

You are so fhuqking amazingly full of schit,that it's gawddamned EPIC.

Congratulations?!?.......................

'gwe,

You KNOW it's good,when The Do Nothing Gang resorts to danglin' plagiarized pics,of chicks that'd laugh 'em offa the premise.

FUNNY schit!

Groovin' on how "real' their Imagination and it's Pretend,is to 'em....................

gaytari,

2000 words.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

S/S Seven 7 ShamWow/6x42 Reupie.

Google it.

elkkchunter,

Your Imaginary Pretend Ignore ain't working so hot,but you can still plagiarize.

Congratulations?

Laughing!...........

OLDelkkchunt,

You fhuqking nearly said sumptin' about The Rifle.

Laughing!.......................

Whore Hey!,

Mebbe wax eloquently on how you can read a Post,by someone on Imaginary Pretend Ignore?!? You might wanna answer that carefully,because you "can't" read this either.

You poor poor Clueless Lying STUPID Fhuqk.

Wow.....................

'8r,

It seems the "sweet satisfactions" of Imagination and Pretend,really work well for you.

Congratulations?!?

Laughing!.................

Magnumdoosh,

Being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess...do burst alotta bubbles.

'deep,

Blued/Walnut don't wear for fhuqk all in the Real World. Hint.

I've heard good thangs about the 6x42 Reupold,aboard a stalwart rifle,in good mounts/rings,steering boolits of repute,in both target and M1 ele turrets.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I goot Re-blue...often.

[Linked Image]

Re-hint................

Of course I READ your posts dwarf (what are you, all of four feet tall? lol), when they are on a thread I started. I don't know why I do it though, as every other word you post (aside from clueless, garbage) is kchunt, an obvious derivative of your mangina. Nice dink you got there. Do carry on though, at least it keeps your one post a day away from the rest of the Campfire. My good deed for the day...

Edited to add: I'm betting our resident sociopath dwarf is sitting there fuming, watching the clock to see when he can repost his usual witty retort that will have the words "kchunt", "laffin" followed by a bunch of these:.............. (which BTW is indicative of a personality disorder)....
Bald Midget displaying a dink with its head blown off. Wow you are a real [bleep] sportsman. YOu dickless little POS.
Posted By: 4ager Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/23/15
Originally Posted by Ringman
WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS.
Well why I shoot A Weatherby is because at the time it was the lightest "three" locking lug system I knew of. The small Weatherby weighs 26 ounces. My whole rifle with 26" barrel, scope, sling and ammo came in at under seven pounds.

You're more full of schit than a Christmas goose.
Posted By: bellydeep Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/23/15
Originally Posted by Big Stick

'deep,

Blued/Walnut don't wear for fhuqk all in the Real World. Hint.

I won't argue with that. Out of the 22 rifles I own, only 4 are wood/blued. And a couple of those were hand me downs.

Wouldn't keep me out of the field if all I had was wood/blued though.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/24/15
elkkchunt,

Good to see that plagiarism gets you warm/fuzzy,as it's something you can afford and is within your means. Must be nice for you,not having to put it on layaway?!? Laughing!

Congratulations?!?................

Whore Hey!,

There's no need to reiterate the glaring obvious,that besides being an amazingly inept Clueless Fhuqk,you are also a Lying Piece Of Schit. I'll feign my "surprise",that you read my every word...despite the vaunted Imaginary Pretend Ignore Decree. You "hard chargers" are a fhuqking hoot!

I'll re-feign my "surprise" that you know better than to say ANYTHING about The Rifle,as you set on your couchbound kchunt and put your Imagination and Pretend through it's paces,concocting Delusion after Delusion.

I'll happily be whatever you NEED me to be,to salve your reality.

Bless your heart...............

OLDelkkchunt,

I'm rather at ease in shooting meat in the face. Didn't intend to horn you up,but you Do Nothing Dumbfhuqks are purty quick to start cramming things in your mouths and asses. Congratulations?

Lemme fuel your Imagination,with a favorite of The Cock Gawkers,such as yourself.

[Linked Image]

Fascinating to me,that a CNS Poke is lackin' Sport.

Does this taste different? Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Cheer up..Splendid Beasties still get broken shoulders,as they have from Day One. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Looking forward to your next Whine,you amazingly Stupid Kchunt...............

'ger,

Don't slight how "real" Ringmam's Imagination and Pretend are to her.

She's got it goin' on!.

Laughing!...............

'deep,

I've ruint herds of 'em and am the last to fret aesthetics,though prolly the first to fret mechanics. Bore condition matters more than a bunch to me,simply because I shoot more than a bunch and have long understood the important sanctity of POA/POI correlations and the fruit they bear. Pun be intended.

My FN SPR A1 wore a C/M spout that were chrome lined and I've long loved C/L spouts. It's the only blued bolt gun that'd take a lick and it were purty sly.

It beared alotta fruit. Re-pun intended.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Gotta run new glass through it's paces today,gunning LR come-ups through a BHW 18" LW Middie. Was "only" supposed to have 55 Mils on the erector,but it were the pleasentest of suplizes to count 62.5Mils instead. With 75 Hornie HPBT's right at 2800fps,it's only 12.5 Mils to 1K and but 19.2 to the 1200yd line and I'm groovin' on the "odds" of that remaining on the erector,on the otherside of it's 200yd zero.

Pouring down rain currently,so the Chrome will be willin'. Need to grab a set of caps(thunked I'd ordered 'em,but apparently not) and then it'll be Showtime.

[Linked Image]

Will Cast it and Blast,mebbe even taking time to shoot sumptin' in the face for OLDelkkchunt,just to give 'er a leetle more to fhuqking Whine about.(grin)

The Paper Hat Brigade is always the fhuqking funniest,when doing their "best".

Posted By: jorgeI Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/24/15
DING! his timer must have gone off to repost and as usual with his repetitive and limited vocabulary:

Fhuqk
Dumbfhuqks
Kchunt...............

And speaking of old and repetitive, I see you haven't grown any since the last twenty times you've posted this picture. What are you, up to five feet with a tail wind now?
[Linked Image]

and here's a HINT:
Just because you use the word BIG in your handle won't make you any taller. I understand though, being a Dwarf and a social pariah with a family life that makes the Kardashians look worthy, I'm sure is the root cause of your constant seeking for validation and perennial bitterness.

And we can also add reading comprehension to your "short"comings. I've stated twice already I DO read your posts when you post on *my* comments.

I enjoy a good decapping myself.

CSI training
[Linked Image]

Soup bowl
[Linked Image]
The least you could have done is ride around with the dink on the back of your golf cart HINT . Pathetic little midget.
As long as the bullets go where you want wtf cares what it came from?
Posted By: fredIII Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/24/15
[Linked Image]

100 yrd line
Posted By: Big Stick Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/24/15
elkkchunt,

At least you can still afford to plagiarize.

Congratulations?!?................

Whore Hey!,

They're your lies,tell 'em how you wish. I enjoy the humor of your quivering lip and trembling fingers,as you justify your lies to salve your reality. FUNNY schit!

Keep in mind,that I'm happy to be whatever your Imagination and it's Pretend NEEDS most. What didja' almost do today?!? Laughing!

Bless your heart.

Cheer up...I put more rounds,miles of boot leather and weather on the newest scope today,than you will on your POS Goat Fhuqked 7 Wby in your "life".

31 Mils on the erector,do not suck. Taping the SFP 1-4x WFO @ 4x and confirming the subtension do as intended,ain't bad news either. Though you'll of course have to Google it. Laughing!

Only caught 30 some odd feesheses and a coupla inches of rain.

The Pop Tart Flip Chart is fhuqking MONEY. Google it.

[Linked Image]

Ruttin' plumage AKA Cat Food.

[Linked Image]

Buck Patch.

[Linked Image]

I remain the Rock Of Gibraltar,hand holding 1/15 sec,mainly because I can.

[Linked Image]

Gun any pics offa the couch?!?

Laughing!..............

OLDelkkchunt,

I use the golfcart to traipse my dinghy about. Don't let that horn you up. Pun be intended. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Pardon my being afforded the luxury of tossing stuff on my back,that you'd have to hire a helicopter to schlep.

Looking forward to your next Whine............

Taco',

How is Whore Hey! gonna steer boolits to meld POA/POI correlations,with her Ping Pong Balls?!?

I mean besides lies.

Laughing!................
[Linked Image]

Little Chihuahua keeps yapping away, can't help but laugh at the little thing. Bless your heart.

It thinks catching fish in [bleep] Alaska of all damn places is some sort of accomplishment. Congratulations?

I bet those trees were mightily impressed what brand you used on them, just like those deer (again in Alaska of all [bleep] places) are impressed that you used a Montana. Oh, umm... well never mind - they don't. You've been led to water.
Posted By: geedubya Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/24/15
some more head shots.........

[Linked Image]

at least one of them is a Weatherby. LOL

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

BTW,

B,

Talking to a guy yesterday. He intimated that you were actually a secret admirer of wood stocked factory Savage LA rifles and, truth be known, you had a closet full of them as well as some pre-64 Winchesters?

Quien Sabe?

GWB

Posted By: wbyfan1 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/24/15
All I know is.....a 257 Wby will whupp a 243!!! Hehe!!! Easy B, just messin with ya. Know how much you admire the .25's. smile Luv's me sum 257 Roy though, but will be slummin the 8 twist 6-06 and Berger 105's for the upcoming season.

Not why I shoot a 257 Weatherby!
[Linked Image]

Why I shoot a 257 Wby(Custom Vanny with a Brux #4). smile
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

100 TTSX'S @ 3650
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: fredIII Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/24/15
Me birthday prez from the wife and kiddos. 243 90bt into .4 all day

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RDFinn Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/24/15
6x or 10x on the Super Chicken ?
Posted By: Fotis Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/24/15

Hey that is fine. The same thing I would do with a Glock and any kimber rifle.

I do own every single Wby caliber (sans 338-378) and every rifle is in a different WBY style.
Classicmark 1 &2
Lazermark
Fibermark
Ultra Light weight
Deluxe
Vanguard
Euromark etc etc
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/24/15
Good lookin' boat.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/25/15
I'm SO glad BIG Dwarf has to continuously regale us with his usual (and repetitive) photos and outdoor prowess in order to feel good about himself.

But hey, if I was in his size two (2) shoes, I'd feel compelled to overcompensate too.. Just remember, as long as he keeps his sociopath ways here, his one post a day remains here, thereby keeping his nonsense from polluting other forums. Hell, he's still can't even grasp the concept of rust prevention.
Very nice shooting indeed. Might have to try those loads, sir. I usually only shoot the 100gr TTSX or the Hornady SP, but I like your results!
Originally Posted by Fotis

Hey that is fine. The same thing I would do with a Glock and any kimber rifle.

I do own every single Wby caliber (sans 338-378) and every rifle is in a different WBY style.
Classicmark 1 &2
Lazermark
Fibermark
Ultra Light weight
Deluxe
Vanguard
Euromark etc etc
Do you have the Safari Custom? Really like that one.
Posted By: Fotis Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/25/15
No My 460 is a custom but a classicmark I

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
That's SEXY!

Have a .460 on lay-away. Going to have to get more pics of it,but,here are two.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

No scope,just iron sights and the Pendelton brake.

Been told the owner killed three elephant with it in Africa. Thinking of taking it on my safari next year for lioness,for back-up.
Fotis, what model is that Lazermark I have specifically? As you can see, it has the satin oil finish and rust blue. BYW gents, Renowned PH Graham Wright, author of Into The Thorns, uses a 460 Weatherby as his primary rifle. He says nothing works like it on a running away elephant he has to anchor.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/25/15
You guys need to cut that Uncle Fester looking mental and physical midget some slack. He's retarded.
Single Engine Stern DRive Top heavy cruiser for Alaskan waters.. Yeah you are a [bleep] genius midget.

Truck's not bad , probably a fullsize pickup to you at that
Posted By: Big Stick Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/25/15
elkkchunt,

GREAT to see that plagiarism is still affordable for you,as you wax eloquent on counting pennies to bail a Goat Fhuqk outta jail,to sluice titties with.

Congratulations?!?..................

Taco,

MUCH enjoyed your Vagina Monologue,as you Whined about your AO. Have never been to Alaska,but it's on the Bucket List and I've got a trip on layaway. Laughing!

You'll haveta pardon that I don't feel compelled to apologize for catching feesheses as per my whim and I whim more than you could begin to fathom. What didja' almost "do" yesterday? Mightcha' "do" it again today?!? Laughing!

It'll only come as a "surprise" to you,that not all wares are equal and I'm rather at ease in being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess. I just might have a little bit of Riggin' and you'll always have your Imagination and it's Pretend to extrapolate .

Don't let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt.

Laughing!.............

Gee,

162A-Max exit atta 'bout 15yds impact distance. 22" 1st gen Ti 7-08 22" 2700fps launch.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The Benchmade Pre-Production demo's were superior to the final product and rumor is,I've been around more than one rifle.

I've got more than alotta T-shirts and as am at ease in sandbagging,as Whore Hey! is in lying..................

'fan1,

I shot a 257Wby...once.(grin)

I'm purty hip on a S/A beltless 240Wby in a twin-lugger and it's called...

[Linked Image]

105 Hornie HPBT's at 3350fps from a 23" spout(Brux 8"),do not suck and soundly thrashes the 257Wby.

[Linked Image]

Easy for me to say,I've got/shot 'em all..................

'finn,

Go MQ and NEVER fhuqking look back. You reap more positive/tactile adjustments and twice as much goody on the windshield.

I got 'em in 6,10,12 and 16X. For Utility Killing,the 6x MQ has no fhuqking equal and as a giggles Play Toy,the 10x MQ is wickedly wonderful. As you go up in X's,you lose erector travel and optical clarity.

Typical jaunt.

[Linked Image]

Though I've only got a coupla dozen of 'em,I've yet to have ANY issue and I'm inputing 100's of corrections a day and the sky ain't always blue...............(grin)

Fotis,

Are you bitching...or bragging?!?

'348,

I prolly got too many boats................

Whore Hey!,

You reliably take Stupidity to places it's never been before. Congratulations?!?

Were you forced to speculate through your Coke Bottles,whattya' see yourself "doing" today...I mean besides Whining,Lying and practicin' your Imagination and it's Pretend?

Laughing!...............

'Raider,

Always a pleasure to be regaled with your Fence Hoppin' "exploits" and keen "insight","experience" and "knowledge".

Hell...you NEARLY said sumptin' about The Rifle,you Amazingly Stupid Fhuqk.

Do tell,whattya' gonna almost "do" today?

OLDelkkchunt,

"Luckily" for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can contribute in the "firsthand". Laughing!

I've never been to Alaska,let alone on it's waters,as that's a touch too sporty for my sense of Adventure. I'll defer such splendors to your Imagination and it's Pretend,as you are very obviously steeped in same. Congratulations?!?

Top Heavy is SCARY stuff,even along The Milford. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Can you even remember what year it was,the last time you were Outdoors? Further,how long on the average,does it take for your Imagination and it's Pretend to become "real" to you? Is it immediate,or do you gotta wait a smidge,to get the full effect?

You poor poor STUPID Do Nothing Dumbfhuqk...............
Posted By: moosemike Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/25/15
No My 460 is a custom but a classicmark I

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Very nice! I'd love to have a .460 just to experience one. I'd need to be a bit more affluent to afford one though. Maybe someday.
OLDelkkchunt,

"Luckily" for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can contribute in the "firsthand". Laughing!

I've never been to Alaska,let alone on it's waters,as that's a touch too sporty for my sense of Adventure. I'll defer such splendors to your Imagination and it's Pretend,as you are very obviously steeped in same. Congratulations?!?

Top Heavy is SCARY stuff,even along The Milford. Laughing!

Just what you are doing is pretending that is a boat.
A POS boat is a POS boat can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear, but you already knew that.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/25/15

[Linked Image]

must be nice hunting critters with no cactus around smirk

Gotta admit as a kid I'd always thumb through Dad's American Riflemans and stare at the Weatherby Mk V ads for hours, admiring them. The .22 Weatherby was the only one he ever bought, however.

I finally bought a .300 Mk V Ultralight a couple years ago. The fact it was used should have been a giveaway. I've bedded it, and still need to work on it some more. 3350 fps with 165's is pretty slick. Gonna try 180's next, but I have to work on other stuff first.

[Linked Image]

I do like the look of that Classic Mark.

Posted By: 1minute Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/25/15
I have a need for speed, and find them extremely accurate.
[Linked Image]

Posted By: Sharpsman Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/25/15
Do you tote a plastic hammer in your back pocket....to beat the bolt open???
Posted By: geedubya Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/25/15
Wonder if Tennessee Earnie Ford shot a Weatherby.......

Quien Sabe?

GWB
Wonder if Tennessee Earnie Ford shot a Weatherby.......

Quien Sabe?

GWB
Yup.

Great video!
Posted By: Bighorn Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/25/15
Here's my 32 YO Wby MkV .257 Wby, wearing a new Mcmillan Edge stock, tan with black spiderweb, and a newer Leupold VX3 3.5-10 CDS scope. Still shoots the 100 gr. TTSX with great accuracy. This rifle has been killing mule deer for the past 32 years, and she probably has a few left.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Wonder if ol' FZ shot a Weatherby........

while in Montana strokin' his floss?

Quien Sabe,

he could sure wield an axe!

GWB
Posted By: ingwe Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/25/15
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
[Linked Image]

If I noticed that the sidearm she has is a LeMatt...did I fail the gay test?
Posted By: 4ager Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/25/15
[Linked Image]

Ain't that pic from the movie where she and Jim Brown had a serious thing going on at the end?
Originally Posted by ingwe
[Linked Image]

You didn't fail the gay test you aced it!
[Linked Image]

Just to be fair, we will give you a re-test:

[Linked Image]

If you didn't see any ammo, you are not gay.
Theres no wine in the rack....
Posted By: bellydeep Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/25/15
Theres no wine in the rack....

Rack is on the side you can't see.

Time for some new coke bottles old man!
Whew!!!

I passed that one.

I answered "no".
What was the question?
Whew!!!

I passed that one.

I answered "no".
Good and you didn't have to study. wink
I crammed for that test...

Wait...what?
Posted By: rost495 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/25/15
interesting on the wtby hate.

Though i don't at all care for their flashy and engraved/etc... ones... I"m a tool guy, it needs to work, I don't want engraving on my toosl that get beat around in the bush...

Every factory wtby I"ve had shot around MOA or just under.

Interesting I had one rebarreled with a custom tube, and its a solid 2 moa gun at best. Of course I caved and used a douglas and I"m 99% sure thats the issue, I"ve had 3 bad ones in a row and I"ll never do a douglas again.
Posted By: rost495 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/25/15
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
I don't ignore him any more. Among all the abuse and unfounded criticisms, he drops the occasional gold nugget regarding reloading & shooting. He once suggested I take notes. I do...now.

Nuggets eh? Stuff that has been common knowledge for years before he was around..

Not anything new or enough to put up with the Kindergarten education and grammar.
I sold my last Weatherby last night. Accumark in .300 Wby Mag. Sad to see her go but she hadn't left the safe in years.

[Linked Image]

P
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/25/15
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

[Linked Image]

I did notice ammo but I first noticed she has factory air!
Posted By: 1Nut Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/25/15
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
[Linked Image]

Just to be fair, we will give you a re-test:

[Linked Image]

If you didn't see any ammo, you are not gay.

Belt Fed Browning Baby!
Posted By: JGRaider Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/25/15
Originally Posted by rost495

Nuggets eh? Stuff that has been common knowledge for years before he was around..

Not anything new or enough to put up with the Kindergarten education and grammar.

Amen brother. I haven't read anything that loser posts in years, unless someone quotes his worthless azz.
Posted By: fredIII Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/25/15
6x
Posted By: Big Stick Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/25/15
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Amen brother. I haven't read anything that loser posts in years, unless someone quotes his worthless azz.

For posterity!!!!!!

dooshmike,

Of the 460 Spawn,the 378 connects the most dots.

Am enjoying the windage adjustable rears,as my 378Wby sheared Reupold S/S DD base fasteners...though it admittedly were shot more than a whole fhuqking bunch.

Those S/S fasteners were dog schit,but the 378 do buck a smidge...............

OLDelkkchunt,

I'm MUCH enjoying your Delusion(s),that you've a first fhuqking clue about boats...or anything else. Only rolled that hull (3) times and it killed me twice. Laughing!

Have been killed (6) times,amongst the herd. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

You never did cite the year,of the last time you were Outdoors.

Bless your heart....................

'_cal,

.308" 165XLC's was my 30cal Bread & Butter for more than a few moons,in a couple/few belted L/A's.

Rather than 180...I'd 155 Skinner.

Hint..............

elkkchunter,

Kudos on being able to plagiarize enough,to keep your Imagination and Pretend rollin'.

That's just gotta be VERY "fulfilling" for you.

Laughing!..........

'minute,

"Speed" mindfhuqks alotta folks and it ain't the STARTING speed that makes a fhuqk,it's the IMPACT speed that bears the fruit.

A very wise man stated once..."boolits matter more than headstamps" and it is entertaininger than fhuqk,how many are unable to connect them dots.

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't...................(grin)

Sharps',

The melding of schit Norma brass,excessive headspace,sporty pressures and both 6 and 9-lugs...do arrange for some serious fhuqking comedy,in the "reliability" department.

Whore Hey! ain't gonna shoot a halfa box a year though and charging paper ain't really THAT fhuqking "scary".

Laughing!...................

'horn,

I've shot out just shy of a halfa dozen Custom 257Wby spouts and in less than halfa the time you cited. 100gr X's at 3750fps,being the mainstay.

Gots me some familiarity,with said chambering.(grin)

A .243" of far lesser case capacity,will soundly kick it's ass. Boolits matter more than headstamps.

Hint................

Gee',

The LESS one knows,the "better" a Weatherby rifle is.

Hint.................

'495,

You CLUELESS Drooling Dumbfhuqk...please find me "mistaken",as it WILL be funnier than fhuqk.

Hint.

Answer that carefully,because you "can't read it",due your Imaginary Pretend Ignore.

'seller,

There sure as fhuqk weren't nothing redeeming in that parcel. Frost that cake and cite the boolits you whirled through it.

'Raider,

You CLUELESS Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. As per your Imagination and it's Pretend...you've not replied to me in "years"?!? I'm fhuqking crying...I'm laughing sooooooooooooo hard.

I getta kick outta how "real" Imagination and Pretend are to you Do Nothing Dumbfhuqks. Looking forward to your next Whine and Delusion,though in no particular order. Laughing!

Wow +P++!......................
Posted By: Teal Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/25/15
Nothing in the WBY rifle line has ever gotten me excited. Always was a Ruger slut and now my Montana has me more than a little excited.

Cartridge wise - meh, I've known some shooters who swear by them, usually a generational thing. Grew up as kids seeing the ads or dad/grandpa had one back in the 50's...

Speed in interesting but now I'm more interested in how the bullet bucks the wind. Up/Down - dat's dialing. Reading the wind isn't easy - rather have slippery bullets at good speed than [bleep] bullets at warp speed. The harder you throw a beach ball the uglier the flight.
Don't know whether Randolph Scott owned Weatherby's......

but the Duke liked Weatherby's........

[Linked Image]

Just sayin'

GWB
Posted By: Magnumdood Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/25/15
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

I make sure and read everything YOU post too rost495, as you are civil as well as a veritable fount of shooting knowledge.
Roy Rogers did.

[Linked Image]

OLDelkkchunt,

I'm MUCH enjoying your Delusion(s),that you've a first fhuqking clue about boats...or anything else. Only rolled that hull (3) times and it killed me twice. Laughing!

Three boats and one is passable HINT. A [bleep] Buttliner Trophy and the big POS behind it is just as worthless. I wouldn't float that in a puddle nevermind the ocean. In short(no pun intended) a canoe would look big to you.

Laffin
Posted By: Judman Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/25/15
Oh Larry you poor little [bleep]...

Why dontcha tell the folks here at the fire about the top on your Duckworth?? Ever been stranded without a top?? Lmfao

Why doncha trip some garbage you got, and simply buy a "top"!!! Oh [bleep] I'm crying!!!

You poor MUDSHARK loving piece of [bleep] schitt... your doing "grate".... laffin

PS, has that POS glass boat you post ever ran since you've received it??? Lmao
Posted By: Judman Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/25/15
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
OLDelkkchunt,

Three boats and one is passable HINT. A [bleep] Buttliner Trophy and the big POS behind it is just as worthless. I wouldn't float that in a puddle nevermind the ocean. In short(no pun intended) a canoe would look big to you.

Laffin

Right?? Who would post a pic of a bayliner??? Lmfao

Followed by a schitt show that's simply never ran, followed by a 1980 Duckworth he faint afford a top too!!! Dress warm boys, I caint afford a top for "the boat"!!! Haha
Posted By: Big Stick Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/26/15
teal,

Some day Weatherby may build a sound rifle,but I'd not hold my breath. Their best thus far is Mouser,Sako and Howa based...................

elkkchunt,

Cameras are purty expensive and I reckon you've got one on layaway...so are plagiarisin' until it's outta jail?

Gee,

Cheer up...Martha Stewart shoots more than The Duke ever did.

OLDelkkchunt,

It's your Imagination...Pretend with it as you MUST.

Mebbe you'll get Outdoors,next year?!?

Posted By: moosemike Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/26/15
I see you're still limited to a paltry two posts a day. Where's the sense in that? If you're allowed to post you should be allowed to post. Free Big Stick so it doesn't take twenty minutes to read one of his posts! grin
Old Roy did market one MKV action which I found to be pretty well balanced. Though the handle left much to be desired.

Back in the late '70's a local drug store had their entire line of MKV deluxe on sale for half price, each caliber from 224 through 340.

I picked up the 26 inch MIJ varmintmaster in 22-250. I only put about 1500 rounds a year through it. But it still managed to split the stock in the second year.

Back when I was twenty years old, I thought it was a pretty cool rifle with the Redfield windage adjustable mounts and 3-9 Redfield accutrac scope.

It took me a few more years before I discovered the inherent failings of both parts of that system.

In SS and with a svelte lightweight classic style stock, and a chambering worthy of big game, the original Vermintmaster would have made a pretty decent hunting rifle. It is really too bad they discontinued the rifle before they ever got around to building it in 25 caliber.

I would say, they are even worth the price of admission............when you can find 'em new on clearance at 1/2 price.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/26/15
interesting on the wtby hate.

Super Midget doesn't like anything taller than him. I'm sure others have other reasons.
Posted By: geedubya Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/26/15
Chuck knows speed

[Linked Image]

and Weatherby's

GWB
Not quite sure it's a Weatherby,but,it sure do look like one Reagan is holding.

[Linked Image]

Jesse Duff with her Weatherby.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: rost495 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/26/15
Originally Posted by teal
Nothing in the WBY rifle line has ever gotten me excited. Always was a Ruger slut and now my Montana has me more than a little excited.

Cartridge wise - meh, I've known some shooters who swear by them, usually a generational thing. Grew up as kids seeing the ads or dad/grandpa had one back in the 50's...

Speed in interesting but now I'm more interested in how the bullet bucks the wind. Up/Down - dat's dialing. Reading the wind isn't easy - rather have slippery bullets at good speed than [bleep] bullets at warp speed. The harder you throw a beach ball the uglier the flight.

Ruger? You are a slut to an anti gunner? Wow

Interesting on the speed thing though.. many dis the wtby rounds, but they would shoot an 06 and not a puny 08... LOL...Its all the same.
Posted By: 10at6 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/26/15

'ger,

Don't slight how "real" Ringmam's Imagination and Pretend are to her.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Gotta run new glass through it's paces today,gunning LR come-ups through a BHW 18" LW Middie. Was "only" supposed to have 55 Mils on the erector,but it were the pleasentest of suplizes to count 62.5Mils instead. With 75 Hornie HPBT's right at 2800fps,it's only 12.5 Mils to 1K and but 19.2 to the 1200yd line and I'm groovin' on the "odds" of that remaining on the erector,on the otherside of it's 200yd zero.

Pouring down rain currently,so the Chrome will be willin'. Need to grab a set of caps(thunked I'd ordered 'em,but apparently not) and then it'll be Showtime.

[Linked Image]

Big stick: is that a 1x4 SS HD on the AR? If so how is the glass and tracking? Anything better in the 1x4 realm? Was looking at a vortex PST? Need one for an AR to 600 yd only.
Posted By: Teal Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/26/15
Originally Posted by teal

Ruger? You are a slut to an anti gunner? Wow

Interesting on the speed thing though.. many dis the wtby rounds, but they would shoot an 06 and not a puny 08... LOL...Its all the same.

Originally Posted by 700LH
Wranglers fit better anyway.

I wished I could say this...

So its Levi's still for me. But I have nothing against the gay folks, its their deal not mine.

The anti gun deal sucks. But I'm lucky I only need 2 pair of Levis at any time. Going more Carhart and Duluth lately.

Says the guy who wears Levi's - because they fit, ignoring their anti-gun history.

Hypocrisy is something that suits you apparently and you're not shy about hiding it.

elk, nice post there...
Posted By: jorgeI Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/26/15
tex: Try 80-81gr of either Norma MRP or RL-22 F-215s with the 180TTSX/TSX. My MKV shoots well under MOA and right at 3250 fps, with no pressure issues (temps ranging from the low 30s to well over 100 deg. I've taken over 15 head of African PG with it as well as black bear, deer and hogs. j
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
elk, nice post there...
Thanks. wink
Posted By: geedubya Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/26/15
With all this Weatherby luv breaking out.............

[Linked Image]

I guess I'd better hop to it and resurrect my ol' 700 Classic.

Just sayin'

GWB
Nice .300 Wby GeeDub.

Got this .300 Wby for Christmas 2012.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re-barreled Ruger tang safety to .240 Wby.

Used a 95 gr Remington Accu-Tip on this coyote.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: ironbender Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/26/15

Laffin

Can you post a picture of your boats?
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/26/15
tex: Try 80-81gr of either Norma MRP or RL-22 F-215s with the 180TTSX/TSX. My MKV shoots well under MOA and right at 3250 fps, with no pressure issues (temps ranging from the low 30s to well over 100 deg. I've taken over 15 head of African PG with it as well as black bear, deer and hogs. j

Thanks - I have plenty of R22, also some R23, also F215's. Was gonna try 180 Accubonds next but the TTSX sounds good, too smile
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/26/15
And FWIW I collect Ruger #1's. One of the limited editions this year is a #1 with 28" barrel, in .257 Weatherby. If I find one with decent wood, I'll jump on it.

Posted By: deflave Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/26/15
Does anybody else find it funny that Weatherby and Nosler had to resort to a Howa in order to make themselves worth a fugk?

Travis
Posted By: 79S Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/26/15
Originally Posted by deflave
Does anybody else find it funny that Weatherby and Nosler had to resort to a Howa in order to make themselves worth a fugk?

Travis

No you didn't just go their...
Posted By: 79S Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/26/15
Originally Posted by ironbender

Laffin

Well you see uh it happened like this and well uh hey look a squirrel!!!
Posted By: ironbender Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/26/15
lol....
Posted By: geedubya Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/27/15

"Any Port in a storm"

Originally Posted by 79S

Travis

[Linked Image]

Works for me. LOL

[Linked Image]

Nosler 48 Custom Sporter, 325 WSM.

JAPPFT,

GWB
Posted By: Fotis Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/27/15
Jorge I have never seen a factory matte Lasermark with satin finish. I have seen them as an aftermarket thing when people swap stocks and refinish the luster off the stock.

That said I maybe wrong.

This is a 7mm Wby Euromark I just got.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Sweeeeetttt!
Posted By: ingwe Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/27/15

Travis

DOH! laugh
Posted By: jorgeI Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/27/15
Fotis: I checked over on the Weatherby Forums and they indeed made that style for a couple of years. J
Posted By: Big Stick Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/27/15
elkkchunter,

You gotta be on pins & needles and the edge of your fhuqking seat...awaiting to make another payment on the pending piece of fhuqking schit and biding your time,by plagiarisin' pics of women beyond your means. Then you get to flaunt your Imaginary P{retend Ignore

Congratulations?!? You "lucky" bitch.

Laughing!..............

dooshmike,

Cheer up...everyone clamors to read my every word................

'Shooter,

I've only suffered a brace of 6-lug Japerby VM's,only half of which was 22-250. Set it back and punched it out to 22-250AI,then reblued it...which is more than a fair amount of fhuqking around for a 1-14" spout. The other was in .224Wby,again of course in 1-14" (Weatherby has long badly botched twist rates) and it really is an EPIC piece of fhuqking schit.

Funny to contrast 'em,to a real rifle.

[Linked Image]

Pass the Montucky 223.................

Superkchunt,

Kudos on your being able to make the Imagination & Pretend Olympics and representing your kchountry so "well".

Reality ain't for everyone,as you oh soooooooooo eloquently attest. Do ya' figure you will make it Outdoors this year? Didn't think so. Laughing!

Bless your heart..................

Gee',

I'm rather at ease,in being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess about wares.

It is rather fortunate,that plagiarized pics coddle soooooooooo many of The Do Nothing Gang and brighten the sweet "satisfactions" of Fence Hoppin'.

Congratulations?...............

'495,

Your Cluelessness is never not fhuqking hilarious and you "hard charging" Texans really got it going on.

PLEASE don't "forget" you "can't" read this,as it's a daily Texas Theme to lie about Imaginary Pretend Ignore.

Just saying.

'at6,

The glass you cite,is in fact a Variable Fhuqker and it is exceedingly well thunked out. Only have a coupla hundred rounds whistled through it,as it is new this R&R. The reticle is simply GOLDEN and lends opportunity to both hold hard,subtend and illuminate as per whim and even all at once.

Against backyard tangles and set for duration on 4x,via beloved tape. The approach correlates the windshield's values,to the erector's values,as it is a SFP ware.

[Linked Image]

15' away in the house and again on 4x. Reticle isn't crisp,due to not setting up my Canon 1D MK3 in manual focus and playing with DOF in AV Mode...butcha' get the drift. Single centerpoint is red illumination,the diagonal other (2) light artifacts are reflections from the camera proper. Reticle is razor sharp at that distance and I like that it has no parallax adjustment. Illumination values are in whole numbers on an ascending scale from 1-10 and between ever full value,is an "off" switch. So you are never more than a single click away,from an illumination brightness setting.

[Linked Image]

Combining the 215+ MOA on the erector,with a MQ-esque windshield,connects alotta dots and reliably. Fhuqking thing tracks like it has eyes and it happily digests HUGE erector swings between pokes(1000 MOA+) and POA/POI correlates as per intent.

I like the extry battery compartment,as it's a sanitary place to locate/retain a spare. It resides on the outboard of the portside turret's assembly,beneath it's cap. I'm still getting a feel for battery life and have left it set on #3 since this past Wednesday evening and just strolled to my crummy and see that it is still chooglin'.

[Linked Image]

Disassembled down to the main battery which powers the unit,the spacer which keeps it and the spare apart and then the top cap.

[Linked Image]

The turret adjustments are farrrrrrrrrrrr more tactile and robust,than a Fixed Fhuqker in either MD or MQ(the MQ being the pick of the litter) and same goes extrapolations against a Reupold M1 of any configuration. The lineal erector scale is obviously svelte,so as to keep a low profile,but it could be pressed into service. Were I relying solely on it as a reference,I'd mark the scale with paint and as per my always,corroborate the zero's locale on same,by denoting it elsewhere on the rifle. I typically denote it on the drop chart,scribe it on the receiver,write in the objective cap,etc. Good intel,never aspooked me.(grin)

That being said,with the install of just halfa the Fixed Fhuqker's zero-stop compilation,I was able to arrange a predetermined 200yd zero and the erector deadheads at 2.5Mil below that,so it'll be impossible for folks to fhuqk up,when the platform is loaned out. Not too "suplizingly",zero landed with 31 Mils of "up" yet available...which'll grant nice opportunity to 75's at 2800fps. It's 1675yds balls out with the erector and windshield and that ain't a bad place to be.

As to Vortex? I've yet to see one track worth a fhuqk,or repeat...let alone take a lick.

Run Forrest.......runnnnnnnn.

Hint.(grin)

teal,

Don't pick on poor poor fhuqking STUPID '495...or you'll suffer Imaginary Pretend Ignore and the "wrath" of a Texas Hissy Fit and copious Estrogen fumes.

Everyone knows what happens when a Texan gets mad!

Not a gawddamned thing,but an increase in Lie Output. The AMAZINGLY Stupid Texas Kchunt Connection is really puttin' it on display,on this Thread alone.

Bless their hearts.

Whore Hey!,

REALLY fhuqking enjoyed your Ping Pong Ball Reloading "Savvy".

The 24" OEM Montucky 7Whizzum/162 melding don't NEED any "help"...oblivious or otherwise. Hint.

Here's to the perpetual hilarity,of you doing your "best".

Laughing!

Wow +P+................

'bender,

Now don't go swipin' poor poor Fhuqking Stupid OLDelkkchunt's Imagination and it's Pretend...if only because it's all she's got and that would be mean.

Though I do like how you roll.

'_cal,

Gun a 155 Skinner and get back to me. Recoil goes down,trajectory gets flatter,drift gets minimized,impact velocity increases and Precision gets a nice bolsterin'.

We in da' bidness call that Win/Win.

Ask Whore Hey! about a Skinner...she'll lie about it.

'flave,

I'm suplized,that noone shoots enough to have mentioned the VG twin-luggers any earlier than you,in the Thread.

Good catch!................(grin)

'9S,

Do NOT slight how "real" OLDelkkchunt's Imagination and Pretend are...to her.

She lies well enough,to be an "Honorary" Texan.

Fotis,

You and elkkchunter oughtta pool resources and between you two Do Nothing Kchunts...you might could get a scope on a rifle and have ammo to shoot.

Congratulations?!?

'gwe,

Boolits will always matter more than headstamps and the relationship of twist,throat and COAL...bear all of the fruit.

Few drop more balls than Nosler,as their Imagination and it's Pretend are offa the fhuqking charts. Custom Ping Pong Ball Launchers,is FUNNY fhuqking schit!

Not one dumbfhuqk in their whole outfit,shoots or has a fhuqking clue.

Prolly hire only Texans?!?

Laughing!...............

('gwe'dendum)

The 90gr Skinner will recoil less,drop less,drift less and boast superior terminal affects...startin' at the muzzle and past where the NBT slips transonic. Them is GOOD trades. Hint.

I've heard of '335,but have never shot it. Have shot TAC and is sucks heavy ass. Read sumptin' on the Interweb about Lever' and 75's in both SAAMI and AI(whatever that means).

It were 53 yesterday....................

Posted By: ingwe Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/27/15
I like Nosler 95 NBTs in the .243, but Im not stretching it past 400 yards...no need.

And did I tell you H335 sucks in the 223AI? laugh

Switched to TAC...getting a tad more speed an am able to shoot it without pressure signs in the 90 degree heat of the south when I venture down there.

TAC is the new H335! wink

hint....
Posted By: deflave Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/27/15
Originally Posted by 79S

Travis

I had been drinking.

Check out my uber sweatshirt.

Travis
back at ya'........

[Linked Image]

GWB
laugh
Posted By: mathman Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/27/15
Didn't somebody say Weatherbys are a goat hump? grin
Originally Posted by mathman

[Linked Image]

Give that man a Cigar.

Best,

GWB
Posted By: mathman Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/27/15
[Linked Image]

Give that man a Cigar.

Best,

GWB

That cigar looks odd, almost like it's being smoked with a cedar sheath still in place.
Howa has nothing to do with Nosler. Call Nosler and ask them. It is their own action.

and Larry .....get some therapy brother.

You know nothing about me.
Boxer,

Have you tried the 3-9 SS HD? The one I used was pretty UBER.

That 1-4X is very tempting for an AR. Or maybe even my 9.3. Pretty bitchin'.

Travis
Posted By: smokepole Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/27/15

[Linked Image]

Give that man a Cigar.

Best,

GWB

Was that pic taken at the bureau of ATF?

That's what I call service.
[/quote]

That cigar looks odd, almost like it's being smoked with a cedar sheath still in place. [/quote]

Not at all,

merely a Drew Estate Cafe Tabak........

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/12112/drew-estate-tabak-especial-limited/

In my old age I've grown quite fond of stogies.

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB
Jorge,have you found/tried any 160 gr Nosler's Partitions yet?
Posted By: jorgeI Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/27/15
yes sir. My friend 7X57Steve sent me a box. I have some loaded ready to go for testing next week.

Laffin

Nope I will not post pics of boats I have owned and sold. Big Hint none were Buttliners or some other piece of [bleep]. McKee craft center console 18.5 , Seavee 32 CC turbodiesel inboard. You should learn to mind your [bleep] business.
yes sir. My friend 7X57Steve sent me a box. I have some loaded ready to go for testing next week.
Gotcha.
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/27/15

Cheer up...everyone clamors to read my every word................

You crack me up Boxer. I will admit, I for one, do search your posts every time I come on the forum for multiple reasons. 1) There is nothing more entertaining than you on the internet. 2) Your social skills are indeed an extensive study in complete lack thereof; and, 3) Even though I hate to stroke your ego (lord knows you do it yourself so well), you do occasionally (to use your phrase) lead me to water. Don't get me wrong, you usually just say stuff most people already know, just in a, how should we say, a unique manner. However, you occasionally provide something useful. Keep on keepin' on. Now, it's back to the couch where I can lean over and lick the window as I watch others "do".
Boxer,

Have you tried the 3-9 SS HD? The one I used was pretty UBER.

That 1-4X is very tempting for an AR. Or maybe even my 9.3. Pretty bitchin'.

Travis

Got it on my 300 WBY MK V awesome scope.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
In his defense, he knows more about shooting then probably anyone here unless I am greatly mistaken. Throw that all out the window when his personality kicks in

Too bad
[Linked Image]

Posted By: ironbender Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/27/15

Laffin

Nope I will not post pics of boats I have owned and sold. Big Hint none were Buttliners or some other piece of [bleep]. McKee craft center console 18.5 , Seavee 32 CC turbodiesel inboard. You should learn to mind your [bleep] business.

LMAO! Wadda maroon.
You should learn what "public forum" means.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/27/15
Howa has nothing to do with Nosler. Call Nosler and ask them. It is their own action.

and Larry .....get some therapy brother.

You know nothing about me.

Nosler contracts out an investment cast kinda-sorta ripoff of the Howa which is a forged kinda-sorta ripoff of an old Sako, minus the fixed ejector.

Not sure who Sako ripped off.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/27/15
back at ya'........

[Linked Image]

GWB

Love the look on that goat's face. The boy looks like he's all business.

If I worked for Nosler, I'd say that too.

Travis
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/27/15
Lol exactly what I was going to say. $3000 howa
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

hey, it's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it.........

[Linked Image]

Luxus Model 11 LT, 280 Rem.

my "upscale" Contender. LOL

GWB
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/27/15
Now that's a fine rifle
Posted By: STS45 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/27/15
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

hey, it's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it.........

[Linked Image]

Luxus Model 11 LT, 280 Rem.

my "upscale" Contender. LOL

GWB

WOW. Love that rifle. How does she shoot?
Originally Posted by STS45

WOW. Love that rifle. How does she shoot?

To be honest, I've been somewhat disappointed in the accuracy of the rifle. I generally do not keep rifles that will not group at least 1" at 100 yds. I've never been a big 280 Rem. fan, but I got the rifle at about 50% of MSRP. I've tried 140's and 150's of several different makers using several powders. I free floated the fore-arm. I'm a rifle slut and lost interest for a while. I took the scope off and put it on a sweet Cooper Montana Varminter in 7mm-08. Thinking I'm gonna give it another try between now and rifle season. I picked up a couple Leupold VX-3's in 4.5-14 x 40 CDS's. Will get some 1" rings and play. If it works I'll post pix of perforated porkers. If not I'll blow it out.

Best,

GWB
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/28/15
I'd be inclined to cut that beauty a little slack in the accuracy department, kinda like a beautiful, sweet-natured woman that's not a great cook. Rifles that don't function well are another matter, like a pretty gal that won't.... well, you know.
Posted By: ingwe Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/28/15
Originally Posted by Pappy348
I'd be inclined to cut that beauty a little slack in the accuracy department, kinda like a beautiful, sweet-natured woman that's not a great cook. Rifles that don't function well are another matter, like a pretty gal that won't.... well, you know.

^^^^^^^

Sig Line material right there...
Posted By: Fotis Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/28/15

If I worked for Nosler, I'd say that too.

Travis

I do not work for them Travis. I volunteer to moderate. No pay no bennies.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/28/15
'gwe,

Were TAC a viable mainstay,you'd be able to tell easily...because I would be shooting it. I have and it don't begin to make the Grade.

Hint.

Prolly some TAC fumes here.

[Linked Image].

CFE is another highly touted disappointment and Lever' blows the doors offa both. Very easy to arrange Form Loads at 3000fps+ with a 75 A-Max Smooch. In 18" Krunchentickers 2825fps is a breeze with 75BTHP Hornie's in both Middie and Rifle length gas systems.

Easy for me to say,if only because I shoot it all.

Thank me later.

Re-hint.............

elkkchunt,

You are THE Queen of plagiarism.

Congratulations?!?

math',

As per Weatherby in their Post Pacific Rim Vernacular,it is "Goat Fhuqk" and as their Sales Slogan goes..."The LESS you "know",the "better" our schit is!".

Sad,but true..................

Fotis,

You musta "forgot" about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore. Congratulations?!?

For only a few more facts. I know that you are a Clueless Do Nothing Kchunt,your an EPIC Whiner,a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit and a Sock Puppet of repute...if only for starters and in no particular order. None of which is "secrets".

Bless your heart.

The only thing you shoot is your mouth and Imagination...though you do suck a mean ass.

You "lucky" bitch.

Laughing!...............

'flave,

I've long been of the Fixed Faction and the 3-9x appeals less than zero to me.

Because boolits matter more than headstamps,nothing .366" would ever rate a serious thunk in these parts. If forced to suffer something as schitty as '06-ish case capacity and Two-Scoops Of Dare to increase diameter,it'd be 338-'06 and 250 Skinners at 2550fps. Mine wears a Reupold MK4 M3 6x.

[Linked Image]

Pass the 7mm's.

Hint................

Gee',

You've an uncanny knack,for focusing on all the things that don't/can't bear fruit.

Congratulations?!?

Whore Hey!,

VERY much enjoyed the 160NPT Goat Fhuqk Notion and the week long wait to punish paper with Ping Pong Balls. I'm on pins & needles as "all" your "experience","knowledge" and "results" grantcha' opportunity to shake out huge bearing surface,a schit wayyyyyy sub .500 BC and compromised terminal affects. Don't forget to regale with all the "particulars" you "learn". Laughing!

You poor poor CLUELESS Fhuqk.

Don't forget...you "can't read" this either.

OLDelkkchunt,

You'd not know the difference betwixt a Fathom and FPS...unless I was in the mood to tell you and I ain't.

It is a shame that you are devoid the requisite minimum 17 IQ Points,to cypher what an amazingly inept Drooling Dumbfhuqk you are.

Bless your heart...................

'Sky,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it however you please.

I don't feel compelled to apologize,for being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess. Your only GOOD move,is to print what I say and apply same.

Hint...................

'bender,

Do not think that crushing OLDelkkchunt's copious Delusions with Facts,will connect ANY dots for the Addled Kchunt.

Stupid goes to the bone.

'348,

Listen here azzhole...you are treading on VERY thin ice,because Fotis is a "Moderator" for Nosler's Paper Hat Brigade and you are fixin' to be put on Imaginary Pretend Ignore! You've been "warned". You have ZERO idea,of the deep trauma inflicted by having a Plastic Hall Monitor's Badge flashed at you and a Rape Whistle tooted in your direction.

Laughing!

The Ignorant Kchunt couldn't poor piss out of a boot,let alone knock the new offa one.

HILARIOUSLY Epic Humor!.................

'galt,

Nosler is 100% stumped and behind the curve,in making fhuqking boolits.

Their Goat Fhuqk Rifles do them no favors,as anyone who shoots more than 3-shots a decade,has long known...................

'S45,

You know that POS has been fired at least 6 or 7 times...which is "a whole fhuqking BUNCH" in Texas.

Posted By: ingwe Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/28/15
TAC Rules!

H335 is fit only as fertilizer.... shocked

Haven't tried CFE...no need as long as TAC exists!

I'm gonna go burn some in the hills this next couple days. grin

Posted By: geedubya Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/28/15

Gee',

You've an uncanny knack,for focusing on all the things that don't/can't bear fruit.

Congratulations?!?

So you say.

There is where you’re wrong B

Every man is a farmer of sorts and his life reveals the fruits of his labors.
I call it The Universal Law of the Harvest.
You reap what you sow.
You plant corn ya get corn
Ya plant wheat ya get wheat
Ya don’t get corn when you plant wheat
Every mans life bears fruit.
You sow a thought, you reap a habit
You sow a habit you reap a lifestyle
You sow a lifestyle and you reap a destiny.
At almost 64, I look back and can honestly say I’ve had a wonderful life.

never had much problem with shooting straight with folks,

or getting on paper with rifles.........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

But with rifles and folks there are limitations.

That I have come to realize.

As to critters, not much at harvesting, but I do kill a lot. LOL

JAPPFT

GWB
'348,

Listen here azzhole...you are treading on VERY thin ice,because Fotis is a "Moderator" for Nosler's Paper Hat Brigade and you are fixin' to be put on Imaginary Pretend Ignore! You've been "warned". You have ZERO idea,of the deep trauma inflicted by having a Plastic Hall Monitor's Badge flashed at you and a Rape Whistle tooted in your direction.

Do you get a certificate for that? I could frame it and put it on the wall next to my Double Secret Probation notice (empty frame, cause it's a secret).
Larry get laid man. It will clear up your pimples and possibly the anger.
Posted By: Judman Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/28/15

Gee',

Congratulations?!?

So you say.

There is where you’re wrong B

Every man is a farmer of sorts and his life reveals the fruits of his labors.
I call it The Universal Law of the Harvest.
You reap what you sow.
You plant corn ya get corn
Ya plant wheat ya get wheat
Ya don’t get corn when you plant wheat
Every mans life bears fruit.
You sow a thought, you reap a habit
You sow a habit you reap a lifestyle
You sow a lifestyle and you reap a destiny.
At almost 64, I look back and can honestly say I’ve had a wonderful life.

never had much problem with shooting straight with folks,

or getting on paper with rifles.........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

But with rifles and folks there are limitations.

That I have come to realize.

As to critters, not much at harvesting, but I do kill a lot. LOL

JAPPFT

GWB

GW, I'm never disappointed in your wares... Classy stuff mister!! Later
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/28/15
I don't care for 'freebore' in chambers!
Posted By: Big Stick Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/28/15
gee',

I cried more than a little after reading that...from laughing sooooooooooo fhuqking hard. HOLY Schit Wow +P++!

If you could only muster the IQ,to savvy your Epic Dumbfhuqkery.

Bless your heart!

With luck,someone as fhuqking stupid as you,will "endorse" it.

Ooops!

Laughing!..............

'348,

She can can only do the best she can,with what incredibly fhuqking little she has to work with.

No slighting how "real" her Imagination and Pretend,are to her.

FUNNY schit!....................

Fotis,

Didn't mean to horn you up.

Why would your EPIC Dumbfhuqktitude,make anyone "mad"...except you? Nosler has really high "standards". Laughing!

Congratulations?!?

Laughing!..............

Sharps',

I've got it on good authority,that twist rate,COAL and throatin' do matter more than a smidge.

The Ping Pong Ball Faction cain't savvy any of it and funnier yet....never fhuqking will. Mainly because one needs to actually shoot,to connect dots. never been tough to cypher,who do and who don't.

Bless their hearts.............
Larry did I not just tell you to go get laid?

Gezz brother you do not listen very well!

And yes I keep high standards on my Nosler board.

You lasted...what 2 posts?

laugh
Larry did I not just tell you to go get laid?

Gezz brother you do not listen very well!

And yes I keep high standards on my Nosler board.

You lasted...what 2 posts?

laugh

I had old Stick on Imaginary Pretend Ignore myself, but he got bumped off in favor of someone else, who shall remain nameless, but his initials are William E. Tibbe.
Jud how many 'Bees do you still have?
Yup.
Posted By: SLM Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/28/15
Better?

[Linked Image]

Do you think those are her real teeth?

If not she's perfect.
TAC Rules!

H335 is fit only as fertilizer.... shocked

Haven't tried CFE...no need as long as TAC exists!

I'm gonna go burn some in the hills this next couple days. grin

Ingwe, I've tried the CFE.

Don't worry, TAC still rules....it an LT32.
2. 240 and 300 Roy UL. Gave the legendary 257 to the boy,. He's also got a 340 fibermark I got him for graduation . Shep still runs the ol school UL 270 Roy, shoots under moa to 700, which is plenty far for folks that "hunt"... As aside, 98% of all the Schitt we kill is under 300 yards... Hint
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/28/15
Originally Posted by Judman
98% of all the Schitt we kill is under 300 yards.

So, uhh.....standard calibers and ping-pong balls would work? Why all the extra noise, flames and expense then?
Don't notice the noise and flames killin or from the bench for that matter. Don't hunt much at night either. expense is perty moot this day and age ....

Posted By: moosemike Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/28/15
I use to have a Vanguard in .257 Weatherby. It was fun but almost all my hunting is under 150 yards so it made no sense. I sent it down the road and have never bought another Weatherby. I know I could get a Vanguard in a standard chambering but I prefer Remington 700's and Winchester 70's in those.
Originally Posted by huntsman22

So, uhh.....standard calibers and ping-pong balls would work? Why all the extra noise, flames and expense then?

Cause I can...........

and

I like it, like it, yes I do.

Just sayin',

GWB
Ya I could "get by" with lotsa stuff, 1000 sf house vs a 3200 sf house, a V 6 rather than a V8, working at wal mart vs the state, ugly women vs a hotty , tent vs a camp trailer, well you savvy....
Posted By: navlav8r Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/28/15
Originally Posted by huntsman22

Well, with the ballistic coefficients of most ping-pong balls, you have to drive them REAL fast to be effective...but then you might have to worry about over penetration because they won't have time to expand smile
Posted By: fredIII Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/28/15
Ther b a #7 over here for ya Jud. Only have ten left better hurry I will have them shot out before you pick one. Got a really pretty Obermeyer ss AMU .308 1-10 just begging me to finish smoking the #7 that's on the predator. Book says wink 850 to go but we will see those 208 at 2935fps are pretty rough on the bumps.

never been tough to cypher,who do and who don't.

ain't it da' truth. LOL

In my imagination and pretend............

I'm decimating doves

[Linked Image]

pokin' peccary's

[Linked Image]

perforatin' porkers
[Linked Image]

shootin' sheep

[Linked Image]

terminating turkeys

[Linked Image]

vaporizing vixens

[Linked Image]

and what not.

JAPPFT,

GWB

PS: and for a big part of the time, pretendin' to be doin' it with wood stocked SAkos and WAM's.

God Bless Texas! cool

Posted By: m77 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/29/15
Most random thread ever grin

This might just become another 223 AI thread smile
Posted By: Big Stick Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/29/15
Fotis,

Stupidity isn't a fhuqking "standard"...it's a fhuqking plight and here's to the sanctity of your INCREDIBLE Dumbfhuqktitude and the oblivious humor it reliably reaps. Congratulations?!?

I'll feign my "surprise",that thoughts of me being nude consume you and you's farrrrrrrrr more comfy in musing that,than anything The Rifle.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!............

elkkchunt,

On the average,how many hours a day,do you spend plagiarizin'? Ain't it a fhuqking hoot,that if you applied 1/10 of that time to sourcing empty pop cans,you'd not need to layaway a Goat Fhuqk piece of schit?

You really get after it!

'348,

Them who do the least,wield Imaginary Pretend Ignore the most.

Yet another of Life's many constants..................

'Sniper,

This WILL be funnier than fhuqk! Muse some "particulars",in regards as to how you landed on TAC and the platform(s) which enabled the well "thought" out "decision",due your "experience","knowledge" and "results".

Laughing!

Cain't know which is funnier...the pending silence or your being fhuqking STUPID enough to try and take a stab at 'er?!?

'22,

Them who shoot the least...attribute increased noise,increased recoil,increased drop,increased,drift and increased nothingness as viable "attributes" in their "pursuits".

It remains a hilarious fhuqking constant,that nothing could be further from the truth,but Imagination and Pretend are very "real" to many. Laughing!

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't. Few things is funnier,than The Schit Mount and Glass Factory Fodder Crowd,tryin' to extoll a headstamp.

Bless their hearts.................

dooshmike,

If/when someone of repute unleashes a .257" Boolit worth a fhuqk,I'd happily re-kickstart The Quarter Bore Herd...up to and including the 257Wby.

It's too easy to slap the [bleep] outta all things .257",if only because boolits matter far more than headstamps.

Such simplistic facts,reliably beffudle Boobs...................

'8r,

It reliably mindfucks the Delusional Factory Fodder Crowd,at just how fast the parachute activates with Ping Pong Balls.

Have yet to have anyone visit,that didn't gear up veddy veddy differently...from the schit which the "thought" was great,prior to arrival. I'm purty good for the economy and better yet,for reliable results.

FUNNY how it actually works....................(grin)

gee',

You really get after it!

Laughing!

The Texas version of EVERYTHING...is simpy fhuqking hilarious.

IF you only had a fhuqking FIRST Clue.

Wow +P++!................

'77,

Facts ain't random...to the astute.

Hint......................
Posted By: m77 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/29/15

'77,

Mixing gun facts with half naked women and cigars (although it might be the best combo ever) is pretty random in my mind smile

Not complaining though grin
Posted By: deflave Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/29/15

Where did I say you work for Nosler?

I don't know what you mean about moderating.

Travis
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/29/15
No moderating required here. The Fire is famous for its classy and refined participants.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/29/15
Originally Posted by m77

'77,

Mixing gun facts with half naked women and cigars (although it might be the best combo ever) is pretty random in my mind smile

Don't mention women to the dwarf, I guess after years of having to look UP to all of them, and given his previous history, he gets all nervous and changes the subject. But, onto more hikinks:

Stupidity isn't a fhuqking "standard": Well it appears then, you missed that lecture...

...,increased recoil,increased drop,increased,drift and increased nothingness as viable "attributes" in their "pursuits". Yet another "pearl of wisdom" that even a buck private at Quantico, VA knows. Having qualified at the 1000 yard range at Quantico....with iron sights, and only know your bulb just lights up?

Such simplistic facts,reliably beffudle Boobs...................

Boobs? as in tits or pointy headed socially retarded dwarfs like you. My GOD, I hope you didn't procreate...

given your posts, it appears you captured yourself to a tee...:

I set myself a limit; one a$$ on I.P.I. at a time. Had to choose between an a$$ that knows stuff and posts pretty fish pictures and an a$$ that knows so little that his posts are like a black hole that sucks stuff I already know out of what passes for my brain. So you got pardoned.

I am going to ask R.Bin to limit your <carriage return> allotment to save wear and tear on my scrolling finger.
What's the chambering of that Sako with the horny critter?

Are those things good on the table?
Posted By: Fotis Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/29/15

Where did I say you work for Nosler?

I don't know what you mean about moderating.

Travis

I moderate the Nosler reloading forum that is what I mean.
So who is this BigStink? Is he NWA in drag?
A 4 foot 6 inches tall gnome who is very knowledgeable about guns. Unfortunately he has the manners of a goat and the irritability of someone who has not had any kitty since kitty had him. Additionally he has been banned more times than Paris Hilton been done. Unfortunately he is such a cute Lil thing that the administrator gave him limited posting privileges again. Lol
Posted By: jorgeI Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/29/15
Well done, sir.
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/29/15
'scuse me 'Bender, I'm trying to post to this thread with my wife working in the background, and your last post.......that movement is rather eye-catching. smile
[quote=m77]
Don't mention women to the dwarf, I guess after years of having to look UP to all of them, and given his previous history, he gets all nervous and changes the subject. But, onto more hikinks:

Did you ever notice he has a real fixation on 'knobs'? (...not really sure what he's doing over here on a forum where people tend to talk about hunting tools.)
Posted By: geedubya Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/29/15
Originally Posted by m77

'77,

Not much on posting pix of scantily clad nubile lasses, but I can pretty much hold up my end on the ATF&K end of the spectrum. LOL.......

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

JAPPFT,

GWB

Posted By: Big Stick Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/29/15
'77,

Plagiarized pics of titties and paying for Cancer...wouldn't begin to make my list of things to do.

Though I find it funnier than fhuqk,that it swoons others.

'flave,

It means she sucks a MEAN ass. Entertaininger than fhuqk,that THE Dumbest Of Fhuqks here...rates being a Nosler "Moderator".

That hilarious dichotomy,do put more than a smidge of perspective upon their "standards",as their wares reliably corroborate.

'348,

The LAST fhuqking thing I'd want to do,is come between a Drooling Dumbfhuqk making a "stand" and collapsing their decree of Imaginary Pretend Ignore.

Whore Hey!,

Sweetheart there's zero need to reiterate that you are a Lying Clueless Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...but it sure the fhuqk is funny,when you do your "best".

Do tell about punishing paper at Quantico with Rack Grade Wares and Ball Ammo. I know,I know...the "particulars" escape you. Laughing!

Hell,I've prolly never even been around a Garand,M1A1 or '15. Re-laughing!

GREAT time to connect the dots on "all" that you've "learned",leading you to choose a piece of fhuqking schit rifle,in piece of fhuqking schit mounts/rings,wearing glass that won't/can't arrange POA/POI and the Ballistic "prize" of swingin' the schittiest projectiles in the bore sizing? Don't "forget" to cite "all" the "experience","knowledge" and "results" that've paved the way. Laughing!

You poor poor AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk.

Don't "forget" that you "can't read" this.

6mm',

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you must.

I'll feign my "surprise" that the ONLY fhuqking move you had,was to start cramming things in your mouth and ass. Pun be intended.

Congratulations?!?

Just saying.

Laughing!.....................

Fotis,

Use your Awesome Moderator Skills and please find me "mistaken"...I assure you,it WILL be fhuqking funny.

Laughing!

Bless your heart................

'bender,

Don't forget about Whore Hey!'s Coke Bottles,while you bait her in with unobtanium. That's entrapment.

Klik',

Your Lady "skills" are commensurate with your Rifle "knowledge" and pardon me feigning "surprise"...that with your "wife" in proximity,you defaulted to your homo-erotic tendencies.

Tough call there,given the hand you were dealt.

Congratulations?!?

Laughing!

You musta "forgot" about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore too?!? You Drooling Dumbfhuqks are on fire. Pun be intended...google it.

Re-laughing Wow +P++!...................

Gee',

The Texas Version of EVERYTHING,is simply fhuqking hilarious.

That's some "serious" Riggin' and in 60+ years of trying,some of it prolly even came close to getting used.

Then again...

Bless your heart.

Your whole attitude is mistaken man. That is your problem. You know stuff you just ca not communicate

Gee',

in 60+ years of trying,some of it prolly even came close to getting used.

make it almost 58,

didn't get started till I was six........

and yeah, in my imagination and pretend, some of it does get out to play now n' then........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It’s amazing what a fellow can imagine and pretend.

[Linked Image]

How sweet it is.

JAPPFT,

GWB
Posted By: Pugs Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/29/15

Hey! He gave them to you but I mailed them! grin wink
Posted By: JGRaider Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/29/15
Always enjoy your pics GWB.
Posted By: ingwe Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/29/15
GWB...Im hoping to pretend to kill a blackbuck like that one in your pic next spring.... wink

I already pretended to kill Axis, and will be pretending some more with them...down at the petting zoo... grin
Posted By: Judman Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/29/15
Originally Posted by m77

'77,

Not much on posting pix of scantily clad nubile lasses, but I can pretty much hold up my end on the ATF&K end of the spectrum. LOL.......

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

JAPPFT,

GWB

You need to start huntin more!!! Damn you have grew taste in shootin irons, whiskey, and ka-nifs.... Best GW...
Posted By: deflave Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/29/15

I moderate the Nosler reloading forum that is what I mean.

I didn't know that but my point is that if I were Nosler, I'd claim their rifle isn't a HOwa. Even though it is a Howa.

Travis
Posted By: TATELAW Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/29/15
Geedubya,

What's your opinion on the Bulleit bourbon? Been told by a couple of folks that it's one I need to try, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.
Posted By: RDW Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/29/15
Cheap-A$$ Horror Freight dead blow hammer as a prop....TFF

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Pugs
Originally Posted by Pugs

Hey! He gave them to you but I mailed them! grin wink
Here is your reward Pugs.

[Linked Image]

You're a good man. Don't care what William Tibbe says. grin
Thanks Pugs I needed that. I cried myself to sleep last night after he was mean to me. whistle

[Linked Image]

I was gonna ask about the dead blow,what use it was put to.
[Linked Image]

Klik',

You musta "forgot" about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore too?!? You Drooling Dumbfhuqks are on fire. Pun be intended...google it.

Re-laughing Wow +P++!...................

My sympathies go out to you, I reckon, considering all the stuff you'll never forget.... sadly that collection of rocks you call your recollection "musta forgot" that I have neither an "imaginary" nor a "pretend" (nor a real) ignore. You are simply not worth the time. I realize you'll be all butt-hurt about that, but with your fixation on knobs, you're probably used to hurtin' butt too. grin

Elk, TELL YOUR WIFE THANKS FOR SHOWING YOU HOW TO DOWN LOAD PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are doing an outstanding job.
Just did and she frowned. grin
I imagine this is the look on her face quite often, being 5'4" she developed a complex. At least she has the Internet forums to make her feel big, bless her heart.
[Linked Image]
Yup.
[Linked Image]

Posted By: navlav8r Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/29/15
[Linked Image]

grin
Originally Posted by TATELAW
Geedubya,

What's your opinion on the Bulleit bourbon? Been told by a couple of folks that it's one I need to try, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

For every day drinkin/mixin' its Jim Beam.

[Linked Image]

Devil's Cut ain't too shabby when feeling festive'

[Linked Image]

but Maker's Mark is a nice change-up when one is "cookin"

[Linked Image]

Camarena make's a nice shooter.

[Linked Image]

Knob Creek Creek Single barrel is mighty fine and should be on your short list IMHO.

[Linked Image]

and if you like Rye KC is also good stuff.

[Linked Image]

Unsolicited testimonial: Bulliet is definitely OK Bourbon. grin
However to answer your question directly,you can’t go wrong with either the Frontier Whiskey (I prefer the 10 year reserve) or their Rye
[Linked Image]

It is very smooth. In fact I’m sipping some now. I goes down easy, then leaves a bit of taste on the middle, then back of your tongue, a smidge of a burn on the lips, then you feel the glow risin’ up from your innards and the the saliva kicks in and it’s time for another sip.
[Linked Image]

and to be honest, I’ve been enjoying craft beers more and more lately

[Linked Image]

Did I mention that our Archery season starts this weekend. Come on October, I can hardly wait.

JAPPFT,

GWB
Originally Posted by RDW
Cheap-A$$ Horror Freight dead blow hammer as a prop....TFF

[Linked Image]

Yup,

On somethings I'm quite utilitarian.......

Over the past few months I've kinda got a wild hair.

Decided to start messin' with leather.

[Linked Image]

Started off doin' a few belts and belt slide holsters....

Here lately I've been having makers send me their wares sans sheaths......

[Linked Image]

havin a ball........

[Linked Image]

I call em' my "not ready for prime time" leather.

JAPPFT,

GWB

PS: The dead blow hammer don't bounce, it don't mar the stamps, and it's cheaper than a fancy maul.
GWB: To me, that Randall in the top photo would be absolutely IDEAL for hog sticking.
I'm thinking GWB is a trust fund baby or something he can't have time to work between shooting hogs, cooking, drinking and taking pictures laugh

Mike
Posted By: JGRaider Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/29/15
GWB......amazing array of "gear" you've got there. Very impressive.
Posted By: TATELAW Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/29/15
GWB,

That Maker's Mark is my old standby. Been drinking it since college. Been branching out the last few years. I've got a bottle of the Maker's Cask Strength that I'm waiting to drink with my best friend next time he comes home from Vegas. He's the one that introduced me to Maker's Mark so many years ago!

Lately I've been enjoying Four Roses Single Barrel and Eagle Rare. I've never been a big Jim or Jack fan, but I used to enjoy 10 year Charter. Haven't seen any of it in years, and the 8 year stuff ain't the same by a long shot.
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
I'm thinking GWB is a trust fund baby or something he can't have time to work between shooting hogs, cooking, drinking and taking pictures laugh

Mike

What's the old line, don't tell my mom I work in the oilfields, she thinks I'm a piano player in a whorehouse.
Well I can resemble that remark. My grandpa on my father's side was illiterate as was my grand-ma. He ran a gang of mules and nigras on pipeline and would be gone months at a time. It fell to my dad to walk down the rail-road tracks to the local merchant to cajole him for food on credit till his pa got back and could pay. His oldest brother dropped out of high school and joined the tree-army during the depression to help feed the family. They lived in tar-paper shacks and had to dob newspapers in the cracks to keep from freezing in the winter. My grand-pa on my mother’s side was a wild-catter. His last name was Bradford. He was raised by an old single uncle, cause his dead mother's sister swore she'd never have a Bradford boy in her house. My Great grandma on my mother's side ran a boarding house and followed the oil-fields. My maternal grandpa caught my maternal grandma when she was 15. My mom was born when she was sixteen. My dad was born in Goose Creek (now Baytown). Perhaps you've heard the joke, “You know you're from Baytown Texas if you've ever used lard in bed”.

I tell folks that when I was born my parents were so po' that they couldn't afford a name, just intitials. I've been GW all my life. I can remember being about 10 years old and getting hand-me-down gun mags from a kid down the street whose dad owned a factory. I swore if I ever made any money I'd own some fire-arms. One might postulate that I’ve gone off the deep end. But if schitt ever truly hits the fan, I figure, guns, knives, hand tools, cigarettes, whiskey and such will have much more trading power than gold or silver.
I started mowing yards at 10, janitor at 16. Welder's helper, pipe-fitters helper, loaded trucks at a sheet metal plant while in high school. After I graduated from HS, I sold Fuller Brush door to door. Worked with a framing crew off and on for a year or so, 70 hours a week @ $2.50, but the guy didn't take out taxes, so I thought I was in tall cotton. Waited tables and bartended for 7 years while going to college and staying out of 'Nam. Never graduated. I got something like 170 hours with 140 or so "C" or better. Ran a steel fabrication job shop for 10 years, then went broke and lost every thing except my wife and kids. Spent three years floundering trying to sell life insurance on the debit, while delivering pizza at night and then getting up at 3 in the morning to go roll the Houston Post and throw a paper route. . I also wholesaled cars for a while during this period. Had a friend that would let me use his "P" number. I'd go buy cars from banks and Savings and loans or dealers and then give them a sight draft. That draft had to be redeemed in 24 hours. I did not have a pot to piss in but I'd buy 15 or 20K worth of cars and have to have them turned by the next day or my bud's license was forfeit. Didn't take long to get tired of that pressure. Talked myself into a Farmer's Insurance agency for a couple years till I got screwed by my DM. In 1989 I got a break (or you could say I made a break). My brother was doing commercial real estate appraisals . The owner of the shop would not hire me as I was almost 40 yrs. old, had a wife and 3 kids and no college degree (Preferably from the Texas A&M LERE program). However, my brother would hand me a file and say “see what you can do”. I’d go to the filing cabinet and pull out a report on a similar property and go to work. Because of my background I could talk to anybody from the outhouse to the penthouse. Within six months I was the top producer out of a staff of 13 appraisers. Why, cause I’d work a hundred hours a week. Next thing ya know the boss took me out from under my brother who he paid A 41% split and told me he was hiring me as a trainee at 37%. I hung in for two year till I got my license and went out on my own. I ended up doing my own thing and got lucky by availing myself of OPT, OPE and OPM and to a large degree dumb luck as the time was right. I quit doing appraisals in 96 and RE brokerage in 98 to manage my own investments. Been doing that and hunting and shooting since.

Also I don't invest in the stock market or buy gold. I used to have guys call em and want me to invest with them. I'd ask if they knew the story of "ham and eggs". Naturally they would not, so I would explain, "To the chicken it's not big deal, but to the pig, it's total commitment". They had no skin in the game. I did. If they lost my money, no big deal,as it wasn't any different than the other folks money they lost also and it weren't theirs. Nobody takes care of your stuff the way that you do.

I drive old cars, wear a cheap watch and don’t buy depreciating assets on time. I’ve used the example before. If you buy a $60,000 Ford Pick-em up truck and finance it for six years at 6% interest your monthly payment is +/- $995 per month at 3% it’s +/-$911 per month. That don’t include what you have to pay for your monthly insurance premium. I’ve never owned a new vehicle and never had a car/truck note. If I buy a rifle at 60% of MSRP each month for 72 months , at the end of that term they will most likely be worth at least what I paid for them and most likely more. The 6 year old truck will probably be worth $15,000 or less. That’s not smart in my book. I don't buy into much of what the real estate or investment guru's say but I do agree with one thing Robert Kiyosaki sez, "the man that is truly rich is the man that has more income from his income producing properties, than he has debt") Buy low, sell high, collect early and pay late. Live a life of delayed gratification. Do that for twenty or thirty years and one can let his assets support him, rather than him support his assets (and a home is not an asset, but that for another time), then one can spend time hunting, cooking, posting on the internet and taking pix.

Just sayin’

GWB
Much respect for a self made man who earned his way. Glad you are reaping the rewards of your hard work.

Mike
Much respect for a self made man who earned his way. Glad you are reaping the rewards of your hard work.

Mike

Mike,
I've been blessed among men. My wife has stood by me for almost 37 years. During the hard times my family and friends at church helped. I didn't do it on my own, and never forget, dumb luck will beat ability any time. LOL

GWB
Posted By: jorgeI Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/30/15
'77,

Whore Hey!,

Sweetheart there's zero need to reiterate that you are a Lying Clueless Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...but it sure the fhuqk is funny,when you do your "best".

Do tell about punishing paper at Quantico with Rack Grade Wares and Ball Ammo. I know,I know...the "particulars" escape you. Laughing!

Hell,I've prolly never even been around a Garand,M1A1 or '15. Re-laughing!

GREAT time to connect the dots on "all" that you've "learned",leading you to choose a piece of fhuqking schit rifle,in piece of fhuqking schit mounts/rings,wearing glass that won't/can't arrange POA/POI and the Ballistic "prize" of swingin' the schittiest projectiles in the bore sizing? Don't "forget" to cite "all" the "experience","knowledge" and "results" that've paved the way. Laughing!

You poor poor AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk.

Don't "forget" that you "can't read" this.

I must be hitting some (small nerves) . What the socio-Keebler elf seems to continuously miss is that some of us PREFER a certain brand of item over others, given proven performance and yes it even involves personal tastes.
We've even discovered the benefits of lubricants as have many others and indeed some have taken wood and blued rifles to from the Himalayas to the Artic. HINT...there's that lesson the pinheaded dwarf continues to miss. Yes, he's fixated on "knobs", given his "stature", he's been at dick level even to Pigmies his whole life, so I'm sure we can appreciate his "short"-comings. A good friend of mine just returned from a sheep hunt in Alaska where he took a beautiful, old ram at a LAZERED 615 yards with a Rifles, Inc 7Mag, 160 Noslers and a standard Leupold B&C reticle. No knobs, he and some of us, unlike the dwarf, just choose another method that works. I've never taken anything that far, but 350 plus is good enough for me and look MA, NO KNOBS!

Lastly, as to our "POS" rifles, I'm not surprised this thread went the way it did after the Midasshit touch of the socio-dwarf polluted it (and Stick we'll have to add reading comprehension to your myriad shortcomings as I've more than once stated I DO read your posts when they pollute a thread I started or you respond to one of mine), but suffice to say, I enjoy and like my Weatherbys and I don't have to resort to the ubiquitous cottage industry them to shoot accurately, or safely:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This "oject de merde" came from a Vanguard and replaced with a Timney:
[Linked Image]

And I'll refrain from posting the obvious of the many, many renowned and accomplished world-wide hunters who've used Weatherbys exclusively to collect more game than any of us could even come close to. But do carry on using your one post a day limit here. Keeps you from screwing up other posts, you know, like your personal life...

I see a book or even a movie in the future; The SHORT and Unhappy life of Big Stick McComber..."

Oh; Laughing.........
Don't work to hard today.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: moosemike Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/30/15
GW, you have obviously lead a fascinating life and you provided a lot of sage advice on avoiding debt and picking yourself back up off the floor and succeeding. Your story inspired me as I just went through some things and grew tired of it all and moved four states away with very little to my name. I'm currently dead broke but I've got a job interview today that I feel good about. Thank you for sharing.
Wow, great post, GW. Makes this whole bullshit storm from the socio-dwarf worthwile if your life' lesson can inspire others. I want you to know, I cut and pasted it and sent it to my son and two daughters... Cheers, sir. jorge
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/30/15
Great story, GW. Ought to be required reading for everyone sitting around waiting for someone to give 'em something.

is that some of us PREFER a certain brand of item over others, given proven performance and yes it even involves personal tastes.

Thats 95% of the problem with this whole website. One guy prefers ABC. Some other guy prefers XYZ. So we get into a second-grade level arguement over which is right or better. 15 [bleep] pages of little girl behavior over bullets, stocks, rifle brand, scopes, knives, region of the country and type of hunting.
Bingo.

I don't know much, but I know what I like and what works for me, and am content and confident enough that I don't have to tear down the other guy's stuff to be happy with mine.

I do like to pick on the Savage and Tikka guys a bit 'cause they're so easy to get to, but it's all in fun.
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/30/15

'Sky,
I don't feel compelled to apologize,for being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess. Your only GOOD move,is to print what I say and apply same.

You know I will my friend. Be well.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/30/15
Fotis,

You AMAZINGLY Stupid Whining Kchunt,please cite "all" the words that I've used which are "too Technical","too Tricky" or "too Long" for you to keep up with. Then I will happily take the time,to rub your nose even further,in your Incredible Dumbfhuqktitude. As an aside,I'll make it look easy,if only because it is for me. Hint.

I'm never not crystalline and 100% on the money...very often with World Class Pixels. Go full fhuqking throttle on your Imagination and Pretend and try to convince yourself,them facts ain't so.

Pardon my being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess,while you are mired in the ever lasting "gift" of Stupidity.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

Gee',

There's zero need to corroborate,that 58yrs of "Life" "experience" in Texas...equates to a sunny afternoon,in the rest of the World. Someone who "knows" as "much" as you,is always going to be best served by asking questions...instead of giving "answers".

No "surprise" you gotta drink that fhuqking much,with but a few wakeups left in the cards,as you reflect on what coulda been. Better go ride a Golf Cart to a gate,hop a fence,get a good rest on the feeder and try to tell yourself you got it goin' on.

Hint.

TAINT,

The men are talkin'.

Shhhhhhsssssssssshhhhhhh...you CLUELESS Kchunt.

Laughing!.....................

Pugs,

There ain't too many things funnier,than pokin' something as schitty as NPT's in the mail...to a Coke Bottled Lying Fhuqk who'll swoon 'em,due her vast "experience".

Diggin' how you roll. Didja' write "Quantico" as a return addy,to really knock it outta the park?!?

Laughing!.............

'gwe,

I loaded up a coupla hundred TAC fueled rounds last night.

Then again...

'flave,

AMAZING Stupidity,is a "standard" at Nosler...which is beyond obvious,even atta casual glance.

Though there are them who'll suck a mean ass,to toot a Rape Whistle and flash a Plastic Badge. It don't get any fhuqking better,than when them Cross-eyed Drooling Dumbfhuqks,laude same aloud.

EPIC fhuqking humor!................

fluffy,

It's to hammer all her bad ideas home with.

Workin' "GREAT" too.

Klik,

I'll feign my "surprise",that with your "wife" in proximity,the path of least resistance for you is Man Love and it'd be one of the few things in this World you could comment in the firsthand upon. Congratulations?!?

Your Imagination and it's Pretend are off the fhuqking charts HILARIOUS and I know...I know,"she" has got a "great personality".

Here's to your "best" being sooooooooooooo amazingly far offa the mark.

Congratulations?!?

Laughing!.............

WyoCoyo',

Here's to the hilarity of you rattlin' pom-poms,for a Plagiarizin' Clueless Fhuqk.

You gals are real "hard chargers".

Laughing!..............

Taco',

It'll come as a "surprise" to only you,that firing up your Imagination and it's Pretend,are the only fhuqking moves you've got...besides plagiarism.

Here's to them "sweet satisfactions",that define your "Life" and to their being priced in accordance to your means.

You lucky bitch.

'Raider,

You STUPID Fhuqk...couldja' ever cypher how to adjust parallax?!? How many years of "experience" do you have? You are nearly up to 15 minutes of exposure,in the Real World,as per extrapolatin' your decades of Texas Dumbfhuqkery. Congratulations?!?

I'm cryin' I'm laughing sooooooooooooo hard!

Hell,in a few more thousand years of "experience",you'll be able to muse boolits and convince yourself that you "can't read" this.

Laughing!

Wow +P+!...................

Whore Hey!,

I VERY much enjoy your contrived Delusion(s),that your Fhuqking Stupidity troubles anyone but you. Bless your heart.

Please don't "forget" you lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,that you were "telling" me about gunning long range irons ala Rack Grade wares and Ball Ammo,as a Trump Card. Mightcha' have perhaps figured out,that the ruse wasn't going to get you anywhere,other than to quantify your Incredible Dumbfhuqkery obliviously?!? Laughing!

Sweetheart,STUPIDITY ain't a fhuqking "preference",it's a fhuqking Plight and few's Plighteder than you. Congratulations?!?

Really enjoyed your Geography "Lesson" as you obliviously quantify the obvious,in that as weather patterns go,there are few places drier than the Himalayas or the Arctic. Hint...you AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk. But do tell about your Magic CM Grease. To frost that cake,please pick the AO anywhere in the fhuqking World,in which CM has an "advantage". Same goes Lazer Walnut or ANY Walnut. Don't let the Coke Bottles fog the fhuqk up,as you fire up your Imagination and Pretend,so you can tote Stupidity to places it's never been before. Cheer up,I live in a desert. Laughing!

Very much enjoyed The Guided Dumbfhuqk Sheep Hunt "Tutorial"...THAT was fhuqking awesome! It was certainly a Rat to boot. Congratulations?!? I'm certain that such well "thought out" tackle,is really gonna cause a Buying Frenzy. Laughing!

Of the (3) All Time Book Dalls pards have killed on their own in the last (2) Seasons,all were lazered and pounded with POA/POI correlations. Nothing closer than the 450yd line and two of 'em took a .224" 75A-Max single poke demise,the other a .243 105 'Max nap. Greatest case capacity was 243Win SAAMI. No mounts were adjustable,no metal was CM,no glass precluded finite POA/POI correlations and all shoot more than a smidge and less Guides. Hint.

You really connected the dots,when you quantified that it takes 26-inches of barrel,85grs+ of belted case capacity and a Ping Pong Ball to get you to the 350yd line! Now that is some Jeff-O/Savage99 schit and you make them Stupid Fhuqkers look like NINJAS!!!! Laughing!

If your Lady Friend on the Guided Rat Hunt was enthralled with a .456 BC at 3100fps ala 26" spout...a 22" SAAMI 243Win tossin' a .530BC at like speed,would fhuqk her up,as much as it do you. Hint. Hell,it might even be lighter. Laughing!

PLEASE do cite someone/anyone who Today is gunning a fhuqking POS Weatherby and Re-writing The Book(s)...it WILL be fhuqking funny! Don't let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt.

To cheer you up,you couldn't begin to fathom how many rounds I've whistled through 600's,Seven's,721's,722's,700's and 78's. Still patiently await a mechanical failure,despite all the spouts shot out. Further,a Sako or AR extractor is THE dumbest fhuqking thing one could do to a 700 lineage bolt. Though it IS entertaininger than fhuqk,that none of them pics are your's,you Drooling Clueless Lying Piece Of Schit Dumbfhuqk.

Lemme toss 1000 words. Pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess.

Hint.

[Linked Image]

Don't lose your thunder...you's on an EPIC fhuqking roll and be careful,as you feverishly clamor to cram all things in your mouth and ass. Laughing!

WOW +P++!......................

Dooshmike,

Here's some sage advice,from yesterday evenin'.

Google it.

[Linked Image]

'Driver,

Please cite the Planet on which you reside,where all gear is "equal",as per your "hard charging" "experience","knowledge" and "results". It WILL be fhuqking funny...especially because you are doing your "best".

'348,

Facts ain't subjective.

Hint....................

'Sky,

You won't,because you can't and rest assured...THAT is the fhuqking hilarious part. Nothing funnier,than a bunch of Stupid Fhuqkers circlin' a waterin' hole,wonderin' what to do.

Laughing!

Bless your heart..............

'nut,

I prefer to play in the box the kids came in...but Reality ain't for everyone and it's fhuqking hilarious to watch 'em them that gotta,plagiarize as their only move.

Bless their hearts..................
Posted By: ingwe Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/30/15
TAC is the shizz......
So are all those bolts the ones you re-glued or do you just by them by the bushel?

[Linked Image]

Edited to add, loved your "weatherguessing", HINT: snow can get wet, but no matter, we can add the Congo region of Africa, where humidity is king. Stick, when a door says "pull", don't push on it...
Posted By: Judman Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/30/15
Gee dub, you be good folks....

Right now I'm stuck in Orlando Florida , which has to be fairly close to jail... Grin

Get back sun, off for another week at home chasin rut dumb Roosevelt's with the musket...

[Linked Image]

How the phuqk people call this place home is beyond me... 4 more days... Grin
Posted By: EZEARL Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/30/15
My son is working I4 in Orlando. He seems to like it. Well not so much Orlando itself but the surrounding areas. Says by the time I4's done he'll retire.
Posted By: 1Nut Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/30/15

'nut,

I prefer to play in the box the kids came in...but Reality ain't for everyone and it's fhuqking hilarious to watch 'em them that gotta,plagiarize as their only move.

Bless their hearts..................

That particular one actually reminds me of a brunette version of my better half. The box my kids came in is no longer around. That's my reality. wink
'348,

Facts ain't subjective.

Hint...............

True, but which facts matter is, depends on what you're doing and there's usually some wiggle room for what you like.
Posted By: Gibby Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/30/15
[Linked Image]

She has had a rough day. I'll give her a call.
Wonderful climate, huh? Worse than Washington, DC if that's possible.
Originally Posted by 1Deernut
GeeDub,as usual,great pics.

[Linked Image]

Generally, I prefer 'em built for Speed, but have to admit, Comfort has its points as well.

I'd be mighty comfortable.

Only problem with girls like that is, just like with kittens, what they grow into (said the old, fat, man!).
Posted By: Judman Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/30/15
Well, he's never been anywhere good... Grin
Posted By: EZEARL Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/30/15
Like his old man he's got the urge to roam(well not as long as he's making money)so anywhere different is good.
Stick
What's the 4th face from the west

Fotis,
...Pardon my being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess...Bless your heart...Laughing...

Gee'
...Laughing...

TAINT,
...Laughing...

Pugs,
...Laughing...

'gwe,
...Laughing...

fluffy,
...Laughing...

Klik,
...Congratulations?!?...Imagination and it's Pretend...congratulations?!?...Laughing...

WyoCoyo'
...Laughing...

Taco'
...Imagination and it's Pretend...Laughing...

'Raider,
...Congratulations?!?...laughing...Laughing!...

Wore Hey!,
...Bless your heart...Laughing!...Congratulations?!?...Laughing!...Congratulations?!?...Laughing!...Laughing!...Laughing!...Pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess...Laughing!...

Dooshmike,
...Laughing!...

'Driver,
...Bless your heart...

'Sky,
...Laughing!...Bless your heart...

'nut,
...Bless their hearts...

Don't worry little man, no plagiarism here - I'm giving you full credit as only you can say the same worthless, stupid chit so many times in a single post (that has been on repeat for the past... oh 18,000 posts of yours?). Congratulations?

Laughing
Posted By: Big Stick Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 09/30/15
'gwe,

Had the BHW 18" Middie with the Variable Fixed Illuminati out at the 856yd line,this evening and the ES/SD was in single digits...confirmed by reticle subtension hits,less erector input. 75's at 2825fps DO crack corn. Hint.

TAC wouldn't doing anything positive,in any of my (13) 223AI's,with 40's,50's or 75's. Nor a single SAAMI 223(the number is obnoxious).

Pard rung the bell today with his S/S RAR 223(18") and 62TTSX at 3130fps and Re-10x in single digit spreads.

Shoulda brought my Lever' Fueled RAR and 75's!.................(grin)

elkkchunt,

Kudos on being able to affords plagiarism.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

Whore Hey!,

Kudos on plagiarizin' a new Sig' Emblem...must be a BIG moment for you and your Coke Bottles?!? Laughing!

If it helps your Imagination and it's Pretend,tell yourself that I've never seen snow or humidity. Pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess...in regards to weather either.

You are doing "great". now is a SUPERB time to tell a few harrowing stories,of flying rubber dogschit to China.

Bless your heart.

'nut,

Plagiarized pics,are as close as many can get and it's nice...that them in need,can afford the "satisfaction".

Laughing!...............

'348,

All facts matter.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

rick',

OEM S/A 700 .473" boltface (308 in issued guise),opened .532",bushed and wearing an "improved" extractor.

Hart #5 fluted,1-10",24",300Whizzum,McMillan HTG,Reupold Mk4 1pc base,Marty Standard rings and Mk4 M3 3.5-10x.

Yada,yada,yada...the usual...............

Taco',

PLEASE find me mistaken,you Clueless Kchunt.

Hint.

If that's your Pretend, enjoy it (but it's subjective).
Posted By: ingwe Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/01/15
TAC shines for me behind a Barnes in both .223AI and plain Vanilla .222 ( with a tight twist)....
Posted By: wbyfan1 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/01/15
Back on topic.. wink

Knowing how much Boxer loves all things Texas and Weatherby, figured I'd show him some love with a pic of a Texas 10 point taken with my Mark V 270 Roy. Hehe.

[Linked Image]

One more from Texas...
[Linked Image]

NICE! laugh
Posted By: jorgeI Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/01/15
Very nice!, so is the deer smile
Posted By: Big Stick Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/01/15
'348,

Facts is never subjective and that'd be the beautiful sanctity of same.

I don't feel compelled to apologize,for being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess.

Hint...................

elkkchunt,

How long do it take the "sweet satisfaction" of Imagination and Pretend to kick in,when danglin' pics of them you'll never meet,from places you'll never go?

Thanks for the "particulars",in advance.

'gwe,

TAC don't shine anywhere...which is of course THE funniest part. 'Course it's beyond a touch handy,to have more than a few powders on hand to extrapolate,through more than a few like chambered rifles,when actually seeing what do what and more importantly,why.

10-X throttles it,as do more than a couple few others. That in both Precision,ES/SD and velocity all. The 62X is the pick of that litter.

Hint..................

'fan1,

Pard sluiced this,last week and it's fair to middlin'. 700 based,McMillan,S/S Custom spout and a 250 Skinner. If it assists with Imagination and Pretend,folks can certainly formulate the Delusion that the glass don't wear turrets. Lazed,doped and actually pounded from a SFT/Manfrotto.

He called last night pissed and mad,because ImageShack is hinky and he had no luck on 'bucket either,so asked to see if I could get it loaded. Got it beat into 'bucket.

Antlers only weighed 110# and perspective,is never not interestin'.

[Linked Image]

The Texas Version of EVERYTHING,is fhuqking hilarious!....................

Whore Hey!,

You were "telling" me about LR "qualifications" and Rat Sheep. Don't "forget".

Don't let the cat get your tongue,or the couch your kchunt.

Laughing!..............
Posted By: jorgeI Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/01/15
Back at you.

[Linked Image]
THE funniest part is that TAC makes H335 look like what it is...fertilizer. laugh

Slumming the TAC and 55 TTSX, and livin' the dream! cool
Posted By: geedubya Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/01/15
B,

It ain't nuthin' but a thang.

I'm off to the Petting Zoo till Monday or Tuesday, catch you on my return if your still here.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

and last but not least.......

[Linked Image]

JAPPFT,

GWB

PS: BTW, when my old pap' was 86 I asked his long time doctor and fishing buddy should he slow down or stop his consumption of adult beverages. The doc's reply was what, tell him if he quits he might live a couple extra years. He then looked and me and said, Geedub, I know a lot more old drunks than old doctors.
I'm looking for that Blackbuck, come spring!

Keep feeding and petting him till I get there!

[Linked Image]

Geedubya,

What ya shooting there? A 6.5 Creed or an AI of some sort? Or a 284-ish win?
Posted By: moosemike Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/01/15
Awesome Moose picture Stick. Moose were my thing when I could afford such things. I went on five Moose hunts. I never get tired of seeing pics of good bulls and that one is amazing.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/01/15
'348,

Facts is never subjective and that'd be the beautiful sanctity of same.

I don't feel compelled to apologize,for being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess.

Hint...................

Whatever makes you happy, tickles me plumb to death.

Congrats to your pal on the moose. Hope next time he can find a BIG one! Maybe he should try Texas.
Posted By: ironbender Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/01/15
Nice deer!

Interior or up north?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Big Stick Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/01/15
Whore Hey!,

You could be blindfolded with dental floss. NO fhuqking wonder you gotta pay...to have your hand held. Congratulations?

Gee',

Do whatever is requisite...to salve your Reality.

Bless your heart..............

'gwe,

'335 will push the 62TSX at 3400fps in a 21-incher. Hint.

Startin' to taste like Fall,around here. H-110 and 35gr Coconuts in one,'296 and 35gr 'Max in the other...formin' at 3030fps.

[Linked Image]

Gots me a hunch,both will be wearin' a Variable Fixed Fhuqker Illuminati...before all the dust settles................

Dooshmike,

If that ain't "large"...it's sure as fhuqks gotta be close...................(grin)

'348,

He's got a Texas Moose Hunt on layaway.

Laughing!...............

'bender,

Central Kansas. Weather was a touch warm and they wasn't quite vocal yet...but it were close.

He was wishin' he had a blued Weatherby.

Laughing!..............

elkkchunt,

"Congratulations" on staying within your pay grade and for stealin' someone else's pixels.

Bless your heart.

Posted By: TheBigSky Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/01/15
Now wait a minute Boxer. You tell me this and I agree to do so:
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

'Sky,

You know I will my friend. Be well.

And then you go and say this.

'Sky,
You won't,because you can't and rest assured...THAT is the fhuqking hilarious part.

C'mob buddy, at least give me the chance to comply. You always tell me and others to take notes and apply the same. When I agree to do so, you go off the deep end. You have to at least appreciate my willingness to learn. Drive on bud.
Posted By: sigguy Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/01/15

Mike

What's the old line, don't tell my mom I work in the oilfields, she thinks I'm a piano player in a whorehouse.
Well I can resemble that remark. My grandpa on my father's side was illiterate as was my grand-ma. He ran a gang of mules and nigras on pipeline and would be gone months at a time. It fell to my dad to walk down the rail-road tracks to the local merchant to cajole him for food on credit till his pa got back and could pay. His oldest brother dropped out of high school and joined the tree-army during the depression to help feed the family. They lived in tar-paper shacks and had to dob newspapers in the cracks to keep from freezing in the winter. My grand-pa on my mother’s side was a wild-catter. His last name was Bradford. He was raised by an old single uncle, cause his dead mother's sister swore she'd never have a Bradford boy in her house. My Great grandma on my mother's side ran a boarding house and followed the oil-fields. My maternal grandpa caught my maternal grandma when she was 15. My mom was born when she was sixteen. My dad was born in Goose Creek (now Baytown). Perhaps you've heard the joke, “You know you're from Baytown Texas if you've ever used lard in bed”.

I tell folks that when I was born my parents were so po' that they couldn't afford a name, just intitials. I've been GW all my life. I can remember being about 10 years old and getting hand-me-down gun mags from a kid down the street whose dad owned a factory. I swore if I ever made any money I'd own some fire-arms. One might postulate that I’ve gone off the deep end. But if schitt ever truly hits the fan, I figure, guns, knives, hand tools, cigarettes, whiskey and such will have much more trading power than gold or silver.
I started mowing yards at 10, janitor at 16. Welder's helper, pipe-fitters helper, loaded trucks at a sheet metal plant while in high school. After I graduated from HS, I sold Fuller Brush door to door. Worked with a framing crew off and on for a year or so, 70 hours a week @ $2.50, but the guy didn't take out taxes, so I thought I was in tall cotton. Waited tables and bartended for 7 years while going to college and staying out of 'Nam. Never graduated. I got something like 170 hours with 140 or so "C" or better. Ran a steel fabrication job shop for 10 years, then went broke and lost every thing except my wife and kids. Spent three years floundering trying to sell life insurance on the debit, while delivering pizza at night and then getting up at 3 in the morning to go roll the Houston Post and throw a paper route. . I also wholesaled cars for a while during this period. Had a friend that would let me use his "P" number. I'd go buy cars from banks and Savings and loans or dealers and then give them a sight draft. That draft had to be redeemed in 24 hours. I did not have a pot to piss in but I'd buy 15 or 20K worth of cars and have to have them turned by the next day or my bud's license was forfeit. Didn't take long to get tired of that pressure. Talked myself into a Farmer's Insurance agency for a couple years till I got screwed by my DM. In 1989 I got a break (or you could say I made a break). My brother was doing commercial real estate appraisals . The owner of the shop would not hire me as I was almost 40 yrs. old, had a wife and 3 kids and no college degree (Preferably from the Texas A&M LERE program). However, my brother would hand me a file and say “see what you can do”. I’d go to the filing cabinet and pull out a report on a similar property and go to work. Because of my background I could talk to anybody from the outhouse to the penthouse. Within six months I was the top producer out of a staff of 13 appraisers. Why, cause I’d work a hundred hours a week. Next thing ya know the boss took me out from under my brother who he paid A 41% split and told me he was hiring me as a trainee at 37%. I hung in for two year till I got my license and went out on my own. I ended up doing my own thing and got lucky by availing myself of OPT, OPE and OPM and to a large degree dumb luck as the time was right. I quit doing appraisals in 96 and RE brokerage in 98 to manage my own investments. Been doing that and hunting and shooting since.

Also I don't invest in the stock market or buy gold. I used to have guys call em and want me to invest with them. I'd ask if they knew the story of "ham and eggs". Naturally they would not, so I would explain, "To the chicken it's not big deal, but to the pig, it's total commitment". They had no skin in the game. I did. If they lost my money, no big deal,as it wasn't any different than the other folks money they lost also and it weren't theirs. Nobody takes care of your stuff the way that you do.

I drive old cars, wear a cheap watch and don’t buy depreciating assets on time. I’ve used the example before. If you buy a $60,000 Ford Pick-em up truck and finance it for six years at 6% interest your monthly payment is +/- $995 per month at 3% it’s +/-$911 per month. That don’t include what you have to pay for your monthly insurance premium. I’ve never owned a new vehicle and never had a car/truck note. If I buy a rifle at 60% of MSRP each month for 72 months , at the end of that term they will most likely be worth at least what I paid for them and most likely more. The 6 year old truck will probably be worth $15,000 or less. That’s not smart in my book. I don't buy into much of what the real estate or investment guru's say but I do agree with one thing Robert Kiyosaki sez, "the man that is truly rich is the man that has more income from his income producing properties, than he has debt") Buy low, sell high, collect early and pay late. Live a life of delayed gratification. Do that for twenty or thirty years and one can let his assets support him, rather than him support his assets (and a home is not an asset, but that for another time), then one can spend time hunting, cooking, posting on the internet and taking pix.

Just sayin’

GWB

Great story - thanks for sharing it.

'gwe,

'335 will push the 62TSX at 3400fps in a 21-incher. Hint.

Startin' to taste like Fall,around here. H-110 and 35gr Coconuts in one,'296 and 35gr 'Max in the other...formin' at 3030fps.

[Linked Image]

Tasting like fall here too...

Though I must admit I used factory Ammo in the 17 Hummer for this meal..

[Linked Image]

And the Hassenpfeffer packers took a major hit this week, and I didn't need a 62 TSX for them grin

Actually used a "reduced" load in the 223AI...it was " Bunny Friendly" but only to a point wink
Twerent loaded with H335 either...didnt want my gun to blow up! laugh
[Linked Image]

Posted By: Big Stick Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/02/15
TBS,

You haven't the means,abilities or comprehension to apply.

Bless your heaert.

May your Imagination and it's Pretend,be enough to get you through.

Laughing!..........

siggay,

Few things as "compelling",as a Texas Losing The Shirt Story.

Bless your heart.................

'gwe,

I've no recollection of a Hummer,nor any experience with same.

Laughing!

THE Baddest Hummer On The Planet is a .720" LW at 18",RB triggered,McMillan'd(floated) and wears a 10x MQ'd Fixed Fhuqker with dope to the 800yd line.

"Reduced" .22" Loads,involve an Anschutz 54,a 75MOA rail,40+ Mils of erector travel,10 Mils of windshield and an ounce trigger.

'Bucket is down...so you can use your Imagination and Pretend...............

elkkchunt,

You "hard charging" Lucky Bitch.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Fotis Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/02/15
Its not the words you travelocity gnome it's your freakin attitude!

Are you capable of having a normal conversation?

Here have another drink.

WINE

elkkchunt,

Let's just hope,that you don't run outta Imagination,Pretend or Interweb.

Can you remember the last year,that you left the couch?!?

Laughing!............

'gwe,

Reality interests me and it goes like this.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Though the LAST thing I'd wanna do...is swipe someone's Thunder from their Cartoons and/or Plagiarized pics.

Prolly gonna be a Rootin' Tootin' Shootin' Day.

Just like all the others....................(grin)

Fotis,

Pardon my being forced to feign "surprise",in that you are not equipped to handle facts and are prone instead...to Estrogen Fueled Emotional Swings.

Bless your heart,you Clueless Couchbound Kchunt.

Given your "experience","knowledge" and "results",have you given thought to submitting your resume to Nosler,for a Mall Ninja Moderator slot?!?

Posted By: ingwe Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/02/15
I wish we had fish that big to shoot....

Fotis,

Pardon my being forced to feign "surprise",in that you are not equipped to handle facts and are prone instead...to Estrogen Fueled Emotional Swings.

Bless your heart,you Clueless Couchbound Kchunt.

Given your "experience","knowledge" and "results",have you given thought to submitting your resume to Nosler,for a Mall Ninja Moderator slot?!?

Once again man to dwarf comm goes to crap. I agree with your knowledge it is the way you convey it that is wrong......
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/02/15
Keep kissing that frog boys. He'll turn into your Prince Charming someday!

TFF
Thanks, but I kinda have a hankerin' for that cross-eyed beauty!

Stick's never experiencing a Hummer explains alot. One of those boys that want to change him ought to hook him up with one.
Posted By: SuperCub Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/02/15
[Linked Image]
That one ought to get your kid kicked out of school.

Antlers only weighed 110# and perspective,is never not interestin'.

[Linked Image]

The Texas Version of EVERYTHING,is fhuqking hilarious!....................

What a beautiful animal. I can't imagine the work involved to get all of that to the freezer.
Now he brags about game OTHER people got... Congratulations?

Laughing

'gwe,

I wish my fish were smaller,so I could conserve ammo.

It's a bitch.

Fotis,

You Sappy Kchunt...I getta kick outta the notion,that you NEED facts said to you purty.

Bless your heart,you Do Nothing Dumbfhuqk.

elkkchunt,

"Luckily" for you,plagiarism don't require funds...let alone lay away.

'348,

Plagiarism,has zero bearing on suction. Hint.

Here's to you doing your "best".

SuperKchunt,

Made it outside in 2015 yet?

Didn't think so.

Bless your heart.

'junki,

No thang,just hop a fence,push the feeder outta the way and swing the gate open.

Taco',

I figured that while Plagiarism was gettin' it's just due,that I'd arbitrarily pinch a pic offa the Interweb too.

Never met or seen the guy,just simply had never seen snow before.

Skinner.

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart.

'lia,

Hit 'er in the horn,with your FULL Pretend?!?

Hey Larry found a video of you not pretending, not ignoring, and not couch sitting!!!

You nano-dick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmiLWP8GSww

Face it you love me but you're just pissed off because I would not let you swing your 2" pecker and bad manners around my forum like they do here.

Did I horn you up??????? LOL
Posted By: rosco1 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/02/15
The ping pong shooter,3000+ ala Bart' 24" . waiting for (name drop) Greg to send back a box of freshly bushed 700s.
[Linked Image]

Oh, thats Bart's "Rem mag dupe"..Kinda almost nailed it ha.
Posted By: Tanner Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/03/15
180 Skinners at 3,000 is cheating... What stock and optics on that rig?

Tanner
Posted By: rosco1 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/03/15
As stick says with the 162'max..the 180 Scenar also rates building a rifle around.

Its a game scout edge, has a NF 3-15 NXS on it, but will probly trade it for an Bushnell LRHS that i have really come to like.

mounts are a 20moa NF base with seekins low rings..which might also be swapped with DD's, if i can find some 30mm burris sig rings.

should be a handy rig when all done

[Linked Image]

Agreed 100 % on the Skinner.... That's a pretty Trick Dick rifle. Might even do okay on Mule deer!

Tanner
Mule deer were in mind when putting it together smile Shut out again in my #1 Colorado unit..will be in the "left over" area again.
You still In AK?

Get home and chase these guys around for a bit..Not much on tine length, but if spread counts for anything, he's got around 32" of it to go around grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: deflave Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/03/15
Since the conversation has turned to rifles and not Weatherbys, what should I re-tube my Montana to next year? 6 Creed? 6.5? .243 and 8 twist?

Travis
Be tough for me to not go straight 243, 1-8", at 22". 6x47 Lapua if you're feeling fancy.

Tanner
I do have a lot of .243 brass now.

What is the 47 based on?

Travis
Posted By: Steelhead Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/03/15
Originally Posted by Tanner
Be tough for me to not go straight 243, 1-8", at 22". 6x47 Lapua if you're feeling fancy.

Tanner

I think you are likely correct and I can't disagree, but I think I'd still go 6.5 Creedmoor.
I do have a lot of .243 brass now.

What is the 47 based on?

Travis

6.5x47 Lapua you dummy.
Do not cyber-bully. I am trying to learn. This is why all the "old timers" do not post.

Supergina
That's why I'm leaving too. My feelings can't take it here any more.

The Lapua's use small rifle primers. The 243 Winchester, 6mm Creedmoor and 6.5 Creedmoor use large rifle primers.

Posted By: SamOlson Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/03/15
Since the conversation has turned to rifles and not Weatherbys, what should I re-tube my Montana to next year? 6 Creed? 6.5? .243 and 8 twist?

Travis

I heard retro-tech is in for 2016, slow twist 6.5 Roberts for the win.
The Lapua brass are stamped Lapua on the head. The brass are brass colored. The 6x47 Lapua uses 6mm diameter (.243 caliber) bullets. The 6.5x47 Lapua uses 6.5mm diameter (.264 caliber) bullets.

Most are chambered in bolt action rifles. Those are rifles that you have to manually chamber a cartridge by utilizing what is called the 'bolt' that slides to and fro in the receiver. Attached to the bolt is a bolt handle to help in this action. There are also other parts such as ejectors/extractors but we'll get to those later.

Happy to help FNG's.
But I have also heard of bullet heads. Are those stamped?
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
But I have also heard of bullet heads. Are those stamped?

Only the good ones and those have an X on the base.
But if its on the base, how do I know its an "X" if it is already in the brass?
Do not cyber-bully. I am trying to learn. This is why all the "old timers" do not post.

Supergina

This might help.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/6-5x47mm.htm

http://www.chuckhawks.com/243Win.htm

http://www.chuckhawks.com/building_6-5creedmoor_rifle.htm

http://www.chuckhawks.com/bolt_action.htm
But if its on the base, how do I know its an "X" if it is already in the brass?

Faith
You guys are great, learning so much on here. Now can you guys tell me about see-thru scope mounts? The guy at Wal-Mart said they are the schnizzle.
Posted By: mathman Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/03/15
The Lapua brass are stamped Lapua on the head. The brass are brass colored. The 6x47 Lapua uses 6mm diameter (.243 caliber) bullets. The 6.5x47 Lapua uses 6.5mm diameter (.264 caliber) bullets.

Most are chambered in bolt action rifles. Those are rifles that you have to manually chamber a cartridge by utilizing what is called the 'bolt' that slides to and fro in the receiver. Attached to the bolt is a bolt handle to help in this action. There are also other parts such as ejectors/extractors but we'll get to those later.

Happy to help FNG's.

Have you got a W.E.T. infection?

Happy to help FNG's.

Isnt the cure for a W.E.T. infection an injection of 230 grains of lead behind the ear? I heard the W.E.T. infection is fancy speak for a lead deficiency in the diet.
Posted By: RDFinn Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/03/15

Supergina

Alright, I'll stay around.

Happy to help FNG's.

FORUM RULES

1] Please be respectful of other posters at all times. The ability to refrain from personal attacks, obscenities, and flame wars is a minimum requirement for a log at the Campfire
Posted By: mathman Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/03/15
I didn't say hydrocephalus bloviatus infection. grin
Just so every one knows, it's raining so I don't have to work.

Time to crack a cold beer and go shoot some guns my nniggggazzzz!
Sorry, the USPS has be seeing RED at the moment.
[quote=SamOlson I don't have to work.

Time to crack a cold beer and go shoot some guns my [bleep]! [/quote]

Slacker
Stupid helicopter is broken, the mechanic is out fixing it now, so no work either.

Bad thing is we were going to a fly-in this morning at the airport, they were giving away free pancakes.
Chuck Hawks is awesome. He's the first guy I consult these days.

Dave Petzal is the second. Then Steely.

Tanner
Originally Posted by Tanner
Chuck Hawks is awesome. He's the first guy I consult these days.

Dave Petzal is the second. Then Steely.

Tanner

Thanks!
Posted By: fredIII Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/03/15
yep
Grampa Walter sent me 400 hornady 105 hpbt and they shoot in the - .7 for five. Loving the 243. I also had a pile of nosler 243 brass collecting dust.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/03/15
Fotis,

I've starred in more than a buncha movies.

Here's '335 doing,what TAC cain't.

Fhuqking Hint

I enjoy that you don't allow facts to slow your Imagination or it's Pretend down...even a smidge. You "lucky" bitch.

Bless your heart,you Do Nothing Clueless Kchunt.

elkkchunt,

That's gotta be VERY "rewarding",adding someone else's videos to your Imagination and it's Pretend. "Luckily" plagiarism is priced right,that even you can "partake".

Laughing!

'sco1,

Had a pard gun CBS 1st poke hits on a sub MOA target at the 900yd line yesterday,with (3) different rifles...(2) of which was Montuckys.

The 7 Whizzum/162 melding,just mighta arrived the scene,with the most authority.(grin)

Gotta love losing a belt,gaining a Smooch and going S/A...............

Tanner,

There were roughly (9) Montuckies in tow yesterday and the Baby BR stole the show.

I was the only one,that weren't "surprised".

The gent with the S/A Montucky Bob is gonna go 1-8" SAAMI 243Win in a dupe/dupe,for all the obvious reasons and a few that ain't so....................(grin)

'flave,

SAAMI 243Win @ 8" is an exceptionally forgiving place to be. PV has .530BC 105's for under 20 Clams a can currently and you'll not get more...for less,nor close(BC for the buck).

The 2.8" box is plenty,a Smooch easily arranged and '17 will happily grant 3050fps with amazingly scant ES/SD values.

That'd be a hint.

Hint....................

Steelhead,

The 6-08 is a killer S/A fit,with it's snazzy BC's and reliably coughs up the most,for the least.

My favorite use of a 300 Salvage parent,easily remains 22-250AI wearing an 8" or better,with 75's at 3500fps. I couldn't get giddy about necking the parent to .264".

Am gonna go 243LBC/6 Grendel to magfeed 105's ala Krunchenticker confines,but dat's a niche,that's a leetle further offa the path. Pard was gunning 1 MOA 900yd line targets with my BHW 18" Middy and 75 Hornie HPBT's yesterday,with the Variable Fixed Illuminati,via both subtension and erector input.

Yesterday was good for Sales....................(grin)

Sammo,

A pard had his Montucky S/A Bob in tow yesterday. His 1st poke with my 20" Montucky Baby 6BR and a 105 at the 900yd line,retired the Bob.(grin)

Funny how it actually works and I mean FUNNY!

Bullets matter farrrrrrrrrrrr more than headstamps..................

'Driver,

You Clueless Dumbfhuqks are a hoot!

1000 words...Google it.

[Linked Image]

Laughing!...............

Fredrica,

Noone had brought up a .378" based .243"...yet.

What's a 105?

Nice one elk!!!!!! Thank your wife for us...
Think ratherby will make a 6 XC. tubbs would never approve unless the cash was stacked as high as the campfire bullchitt =( über rich ).
Posted By: ingwe Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/03/15
You guys are great, learning so much on here. Now can you guys tell me about see-thru scope mounts? The guy at Wal-Mart said they are the schnizzle.

See-Thrus are particularly effective on Uber Mags like Weatherbys, and especially those without open sights ( the majority)

You will however need to accessorize with a Bubba-Buddy......
Been meaning to start buying all my rings and bases at Walmart. the see through helps you find animals in the scope. you just look under and find then lift up to the cross hairs and shoot. The extra height will make you dead on to 925 yes with most all magnums. LOL guns show talk cracks me up have not been in a while. Might need to go for a laugh. .378 ring finger diameter, 105 is what everyone's wife weight when they meet them.

Posted By: Fotis Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/03/15
Larry stop being mean!

Forum rules!
[Linked Image]

Straight up gansta trifecta earlier today.

Smoke and shoot corners.

No rude comments on the beer please, words hurt.

[Linked Image]

First real mud since July, great excuse to drink beer all day.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Klikitarik Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/03/15
Cool stuff. smile

Originally Posted by SamOlson

Hey, it's not as if this thread is entirely over-run with pubescent junior high babbling… laugh

Smoke and shoot corners.

[Linked Image]

First real mud since July, great excuse to drink beer all day.

[Linked Image]

Glad you enjoyed the day off
Thanks for no rude comments and the day is still going!
What kind of beer IS that Sammo?
You getting along with B&C on both ends these days? grin
Glad you had a good day.. Sam... Too bad you had to wait for a rain for a day off..

ingwe, has every day off!!!
So do you!

And it doesn't suck, does it? grin
Life is tough.. Somebody has to do it.. No one deserves it more than us..
Dats the way I see it.... grin
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/04/15

Happy to help FNG's.

But, I heard some of the big kids say that sometimes the bolt handles don't always stay attatched to the bolt. What do you do if that happens?
Posted By: SamOlson Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/04/15
When it's raining and blowing there is zero guilt sitting inside, drinking beer and watching football for 8 hours.

1.3" of uber goodness(that's what she said, haha).

Plan for today is fresh air and CRP sharptails.

Shake this hangover off.

Ribs and hopefully grouse on the grill later.

More beer and football?

A guy could get used to this weekend lifestyle!
Posted By: Tanner Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/04/15
FU K KING SINNER, SAMMO! SONOFABITCH!

All we need now is Fatjack.

Tanner
Posted By: SamOlson Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/04/15
Tanner, you foul heathen, such language, my ears are burning!

SONUVABITCH!

If FJ and Adair showed up I don't think we could handle it.
Posted By: Tanner Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/04/15
Don't expect Adair. He's off looking for Bigfoot and beating off to his mountain bike I would think. Likely already launched a few million arrows this month too.

Tanner
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/04/15

But, I heard some of the big kids say that sometimes the bolt handles don't always stay attatched to the bolt. What do you do if that happens?

Vise Grips smile
Jorge,did you try those 160 gr Nosler Partitions in the 7mm Wby?
Posted By: geedubya Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/05/15
Jorge,did you try those 160 gr Nosler Partitions in the 7mm Wby?

FWIW,

the 7mm. 160 gr. Partitions.....

[Linked Image]

shoot MOA (minute of Aoudad) to 310 yds. in my ol' Sako 7mag.

Best,

GWB
IMO the 160 gr NP's go with the various 7 mags like peaches and cream.

7mm Dakota and cow elk killed with a 160 gr NP.

[Linked Image]

7mm RUM and 160 gr NP,shot this mule deer at a whopping 110 yds.

[Linked Image]

Got my azz chewed on by my wife for all the bloodshot meat. Where the rifle barrel is,is more or less where the bullet entered. The deer was walking up the hill straight away from me. Found the bullet later (while butchering it) in the brisket area.
Posted By: BobinNH Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/05/15
IMO the 160 gr NP's go with the various 7 mags like peaches and cream.

One of the better things you can stick in an animal. smile
Yup.
Posted By: deflave Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/05/15

'flave,

SAAMI 243Win @ 8" is an exceptionally forgiving place to be. PV has .530BC 105's for under 20 Clams a can currently and you'll not get more...for less,nor close(BC for the buck).

The 2.8" box is plenty,a Smooch easily arranged and '17 will happily grant 3050fps with amazingly scant ES/SD values.

That'd be a hint.

Hint....................

I just so happen to have a good supply of all of those.

Though I have no fugking idea why. Laughin'....

Thanks.

Travis
Posted By: deflave Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/05/15

Smoke and shoot corners.

[Linked Image]

I guess once you spend all your money on quality rifles, something has to give in the budget...

Grin.

Dave
I have owned a lot of Wby Mark Vs, since about 1970. I have owned all the Wby calibres except for the 224 and 7mm but have shot both. I have also had seven 378s,that's right, seven of 'em grin Four were via the custom shop.

As to accuracy in my opinion the best are the Made in USA versions since about 1995.

The enemy to accuracy in a Wby chambering is if the parallel free bore section is too big in diameter. The spec is .0005 over bullet diameter. Of the standard issue Wbys the most consistently accurate is the 460. Of course this is after bedding etc. The reason for this is the 460 is a custom shop barrelled action and the freebore diameter is right on spec and sometime even smaller.

It is important to bear in mind that Wby freebore is a parallel section, like a cylinder whereas conventional chamberings it is tapered.

The freebore brings some pluses and minuses.

In a conventional chamber as most reloaders know seating the bullet a little deeper or a little further out can really tidy up the groups. However, this is not a bullet travel issues as such. What happens when you make a small change to the seating depth you alter the ignition characteristics.

A Wby does not allow that option. This results in general that a Wby chambering will not usually offer top accuracy with a wider range of components and simply because you can't really alter the ignition characteristics.

On the plus side and with an accurate load a Wby chambering is more likely to put the first shot from a clean cold barrel into the group or very close. Same when a shot is fired from a barrel with cold hard fouling.

Another plus is the Wby will generally give better velocities from powders that would normally be considered to fast. Try something like 4064 or Varget burn rate in a 300 Wby and you can see some big velocities and top accuracy. This does add to loading flexibility.

One last point concerning the Mark V action. Action feed rails are not involved. In fact the magazine is heavy metal and is similar in operation to the old 303 SMLE. Tabs on the magazine control the feeding. Thus a 257 Wby and a 460 Wby are identical actions except for the magazine/follower and the slot on the bottom of the bolt that acts a the bolt guide and bolt stop is shorter. When calibres like 30/06 were chambered in the 9 lug action the same applies. What this means is conversion of a Mark V from one calibre to another is very simple and trouble free.

In fact if my memory is working AussieGunWriter (when he was living in Australia) had a 270 Wby changed to 416 Wby and it simple. Just a new magazine box/follower and of course opened bolt face.

I hqv ehad most gun makes come through my hands and the Mark V wins for feeding reliability and double so for any of the 378 based calibres. All the 378 based calibres use a centre line feed and a centre line feed (assuming all else is equal) will always beat a stagger feed for reliability.

Personally, after having been a gun nut since about age 15 I reckon there are three factory actions. Rem 700, Model 70 and Wby Mark V.

As a side note Wby has always been regarded as the prize import agency in Australia. They stick with the appointed distributor and won't sell to others. Their Custom Shop is a pure pleasure to deal with. However, if you use the Custom Shop as opposed to buying their stand custom shop offerings on the website, then it does get expensive, very expensive.

I guess if I had to pick one rifle tomorrow it would be a custom shop 270 Wby and with the all steel bottom metal, the Krieger cut rifling barrel and Krieger action work.

Posted By: bellydeep Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/05/15
Interesting Mike. I might have to try some quick burners in my 300 (Rem 700 rebarrel). I usually stick with 7828 and Retumbo.
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Interesting Mike. I might have to try some quick burners in my 300 (Rem 700 rebarrel). I usually stick with 7828 and Retumbo.

Interesting for to try. However you will be generally better off with the slower stuff.

The other plus with the free bore is it reduces pressure spikes. This of course can mean you can use loads at higher pressure.
Posted By: bellydeep Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/05/15
Mike,

Maybe some 4350 with a Barnes 150 TTSX?

Probably stick to Retumbo for the 200gr Accubonds...
With 26 inch barrel you should see over 3000 f/s with 200 grainers. 3050-3070 and 4831 will get there.

If you want proper loading data for Wby calibres try and get hold of one of the old catalogues they used to sell. That has for real data not the bullshit in today's manuals.

But if you have any like 4064/Varget and work a top load with 150 grainers you will be surprised at the velocity and quite often the accuracy is as good as it gets.

Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/06/15
Mike378.
What do you like in a 26" barrel USA built MkV 270 Bee ?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Everything
Posted By: wbyfan1 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/07/15
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Mike378.
What do you like in a 26" barrel USA built MkV 270 Bee ?

IMR-7828 ssc and 130's. Most guy's have found 72.5-73.5 gr to be the sweet spot. Expect to see 3350-3450 fps.
Posted By: Fotis Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/07/15
My 270 Bee Ultralight load

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: JGray Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/07/15
You've posted this load before - in fact, it intrigued me to the point that I worked up to the same exact load in my Mk V. I'm getting near identical results and believe is going to be my "go to" load...
Posted By: Fotis Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/07/15
J.

So far it has worked on a few 270 Bees
I too have has the same results in the 270 Wby.

In my experience the 270 Wby with top and accurate loads will be faster than the 7mm Rem when using 150 grain bullets.
Posted By: JGray Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/07/15
J.

So far it has worked on a few 270 Bees

I haven't shot any fur yet, but have heard the LRAB can be soft for expansiion at long range/lower velocities. Do you have any "on-game" experience with the LRAB at these higher velocities?
Posted By: Fotis Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/08/15
Yup took my antelope this year with my 264 and the 142 ABLR. 3144 fps MV no problems
Posted By: rosco1 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/08/15
Nothing ground breaking here, but seeing how I like RWS brass a bunch, and Norma/Weatherby brass not so much(been hit and miss in 7wby,for some reason).

Get a trim die and some brass from the manufacturer of your choice and:

[Linked Image]

Take a little off the top:
[Linked Image]

And you get some Krout 7mm Weatherby brass:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ringman Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/09/15
Beautiful. Warms the heart of a wildcatter. smile
Posted By: rosco1 Re: WHY I SHOOT WEATHERBYS. - 10/09/15
Ive been wanting to take the 8x68 RWS down to 7mm with an Ackley shoulder and a Mashburn neck..Just for the hell of it.those 195 bergers might shine in such a cartridge.

After dropping a bunch more cash, maybe i'll spoil myself and try one of those Kimber 7WSM's and see what all the fuss is about..Stick sure brings them up a bunch smile
© 24hourcampfire