Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 20 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 19 20
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Re-barreled Ruger tang safety to .240 Wby.

Used a 95 gr Remington Accu-Tip on this coyote.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Three boats and one is passable HINT. A [bleep] Buttliner Trophy and the big POS behind it is just as worthless. I wouldn't float that in a puddle nevermind the ocean. In short(no pun intended) a canoe would look big to you.

Laffin

Can you post a picture of your boats?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jorgeI
tex: Try 80-81gr of either Norma MRP or RL-22 F-215s with the 180TTSX/TSX. My MKV shoots well under MOA and right at 3250 fps, with no pressure issues (temps ranging from the low 30s to well over 100 deg. I've taken over 15 head of African PG with it as well as black bear, deer and hogs. j

Thanks - I have plenty of R22, also some R23, also F215's. Was gonna try 180 Accubonds next but the TTSX sounds good, too smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And FWIW I collect Ruger #1's. One of the limited editions this year is a #1 with 28" barrel, in .257 Weatherby. If I find one with decent wood, I'll jump on it.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Does anybody else find it funny that Weatherby and Nosler had to resort to a Howa in order to make themselves worth a fugk?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Does anybody else find it funny that Weatherby and Nosler had to resort to a Howa in order to make themselves worth a fugk?

Travis

No you didn't just go their...

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Three boats and one is passable HINT. A [bleep] Buttliner Trophy and the big POS behind it is just as worthless. I wouldn't float that in a puddle nevermind the ocean. In short(no pun intended) a canoe would look big to you.

Laffin

Can you post a picture of your boats?

Well you see uh it happened like this and well uh hey look a squirrel!!!

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
lol....

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G

"Any Port in a storm"

Originally Posted by 79S

Travis

[Linked Image]

Works for me. LOL

[Linked Image]

Nosler 48 Custom Sporter, 325 WSM.

JAPPFT,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jorge I have never seen a factory matte Lasermark with satin finish. I have seen them as an aftermarket thing when people swap stocks and refinish the luster off the stock.

That said I maybe wrong.

This is a 7mm Wby Euromark I just got.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
IC B3

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Sweeeeetttt!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Travis

DOH! laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Fotis: I checked over on the Weatherby Forums and they indeed made that style for a couple of years. J

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkkchunter,

You gotta be on pins & needles and the edge of your fhuqking seat...awaiting to make another payment on the pending piece of fhuqking schit and biding your time,by plagiarisin' pics of women beyond your means. Then you get to flaunt your Imaginary P{retend Ignore

Congratulations?!? You "lucky" bitch.

Laughing!..............

dooshmike,

Cheer up...everyone clamors to read my every word................

'Shooter,

I've only suffered a brace of 6-lug Japerby VM's,only half of which was 22-250. Set it back and punched it out to 22-250AI,then reblued it...which is more than a fair amount of fhuqking around for a 1-14" spout. The other was in .224Wby,again of course in 1-14" (Weatherby has long badly botched twist rates) and it really is an EPIC piece of fhuqking schit.

Funny to contrast 'em,to a real rifle.

[Linked Image]

Pass the Montucky 223.................

Superkchunt,

Kudos on your being able to make the Imagination & Pretend Olympics and representing your kchountry so "well".

Reality ain't for everyone,as you oh soooooooooo eloquently attest. Do ya' figure you will make it Outdoors this year? Didn't think so. Laughing!

Bless your heart..................

Gee',

I'm rather at ease,in being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess about wares.

It is rather fortunate,that plagiarized pics coddle soooooooooo many of The Do Nothing Gang and brighten the sweet "satisfactions" of Fence Hoppin'.

Congratulations?...............

'495,

Your Cluelessness is never not fhuqking hilarious and you "hard charging" Texans really got it going on.

PLEASE don't "forget" you "can't" read this,as it's a daily Texas Theme to lie about Imaginary Pretend Ignore.

Just saying.

Laughing!..................

'at6,

The glass you cite,is in fact a Variable Fhuqker and it is exceedingly well thunked out. Only have a coupla hundred rounds whistled through it,as it is new this R&R. The reticle is simply GOLDEN and lends opportunity to both hold hard,subtend and illuminate as per whim and even all at once.

Against backyard tangles and set for duration on 4x,via beloved tape. The approach correlates the windshield's values,to the erector's values,as it is a SFP ware.

[Linked Image]

15' away in the house and again on 4x. Reticle isn't crisp,due to not setting up my Canon 1D MK3 in manual focus and playing with DOF in AV Mode...butcha' get the drift. Single centerpoint is red illumination,the diagonal other (2) light artifacts are reflections from the camera proper. Reticle is razor sharp at that distance and I like that it has no parallax adjustment. Illumination values are in whole numbers on an ascending scale from 1-10 and between ever full value,is an "off" switch. So you are never more than a single click away,from an illumination brightness setting.

[Linked Image]

Combining the 215+ MOA on the erector,with a MQ-esque windshield,connects alotta dots and reliably. Fhuqking thing tracks like it has eyes and it happily digests HUGE erector swings between pokes(1000 MOA+) and POA/POI correlates as per intent.

I like the extry battery compartment,as it's a sanitary place to locate/retain a spare. It resides on the outboard of the portside turret's assembly,beneath it's cap. I'm still getting a feel for battery life and have left it set on #3 since this past Wednesday evening and just strolled to my crummy and see that it is still chooglin'.

[Linked Image]

Disassembled down to the main battery which powers the unit,the spacer which keeps it and the spare apart and then the top cap.

[Linked Image]

The turret adjustments are farrrrrrrrrrrr more tactile and robust,than a Fixed Fhuqker in either MD or MQ(the MQ being the pick of the litter) and same goes extrapolations against a Reupold M1 of any configuration. The lineal erector scale is obviously svelte,so as to keep a low profile,but it could be pressed into service. Were I relying solely on it as a reference,I'd mark the scale with paint and as per my always,corroborate the zero's locale on same,by denoting it elsewhere on the rifle. I typically denote it on the drop chart,scribe it on the receiver,write in the objective cap,etc. Good intel,never aspooked me.(grin)

That being said,with the install of just halfa the Fixed Fhuqker's zero-stop compilation,I was able to arrange a predetermined 200yd zero and the erector deadheads at 2.5Mil below that,so it'll be impossible for folks to fhuqk up,when the platform is loaned out. Not too "suplizingly",zero landed with 31 Mils of "up" yet available...which'll grant nice opportunity to 75's at 2800fps. It's 1675yds balls out with the erector and windshield and that ain't a bad place to be.

As to Vortex? I've yet to see one track worth a fhuqk,or repeat...let alone take a lick.

Run Forrest.......runnnnnnnn.

Hint.(grin)

teal,

Don't pick on poor poor fhuqking STUPID '495...or you'll suffer Imaginary Pretend Ignore and the "wrath" of a Texas Hissy Fit and copious Estrogen fumes.

Everyone knows what happens when a Texan gets mad!

Not a gawddamned thing,but an increase in Lie Output. The AMAZINGLY Stupid Texas Kchunt Connection is really puttin' it on display,on this Thread alone.

Bless their hearts.

Laughing!...................

Whore Hey!,

REALLY fhuqking enjoyed your Ping Pong Ball Reloading "Savvy".

The 24" OEM Montucky 7Whizzum/162 melding don't NEED any "help"...oblivious or otherwise. Hint.

Here's to the perpetual hilarity,of you doing your "best".

Laughing!

Wow +P+................

'bender,

Now don't go swipin' poor poor Fhuqking Stupid OLDelkkchunt's Imagination and it's Pretend...if only because it's all she's got and that would be mean.

Though I do like how you roll.

Laughing!..................

'_cal,

Gun a 155 Skinner and get back to me. Recoil goes down,trajectory gets flatter,drift gets minimized,impact velocity increases and Precision gets a nice bolsterin'.

We in da' bidness call that Win/Win.

Ask Whore Hey! about a Skinner...she'll lie about it.

Laughing!.................

'flave,

I'm suplized,that noone shoots enough to have mentioned the VG twin-luggers any earlier than you,in the Thread.

Good catch!................(grin)

'9S,

Do NOT slight how "real" OLDelkkchunt's Imagination and Pretend are...to her.

She lies well enough,to be an "Honorary" Texan.

Laughing!................

Fotis,

You and elkkchunter oughtta pool resources and between you two Do Nothing Kchunts...you might could get a scope on a rifle and have ammo to shoot.

Congratulations?!?

Laughing!....................

'gwe,

Boolits will always matter more than headstamps and the relationship of twist,throat and COAL...bear all of the fruit.

Few drop more balls than Nosler,as their Imagination and it's Pretend are offa the fhuqking charts. Custom Ping Pong Ball Launchers,is FUNNY fhuqking schit!

Not one dumbfhuqk in their whole outfit,shoots or has a fhuqking clue.

Prolly hire only Texans?!?

Laughing!...............

('gwe'dendum)

The 90gr Skinner will recoil less,drop less,drift less and boast superior terminal affects...startin' at the muzzle and past where the NBT slips transonic. Them is GOOD trades. Hint.

I've heard of '335,but have never shot it. Have shot TAC and is sucks heavy ass. Read sumptin' on the Interweb about Lever' and 75's in both SAAMI and AI(whatever that means).

It were 53 yesterday....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I like Nosler 95 NBTs in the .243, but Im not stretching it past 400 yards...no need.

And did I tell you H335 sucks in the 223AI? laugh

Switched to TAC...getting a tad more speed an am able to shoot it without pressure signs in the 90 degree heat of the south when I venture down there.

TAC is the new H335! wink

hint....

Last edited by ingwe; 09/26/15. Reason: edited to add "hint"

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 79S

Travis

I had been drinking.

Check out my uber sweatshirt.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
back at ya'........

[Linked Image]

GWB

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
laugh

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Didn't somebody say Weatherbys are a goat hump? grin

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by mathman
Didn't somebody say Weatherbys are a goat hump? grin

[Linked Image]

Give that man a Cigar.

Best,

GWB

Page 8 of 20 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1936M71, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 1911a1, 65 invisible), 2,705 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,727
Posts18,514,301
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.