Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 20 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Elk, TELL YOUR WIFE THANKS FOR SHOWING YOU HOW TO DOWN LOAD PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are doing an outstanding job.

Molon Labe
HR IC

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Just did and she frowned. grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I imagine this is the look on her face quite often, being 5'4" she developed a complex. At least she has the Internet forums to make her feel big, bless her heart.
[Linked Image]

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Yup.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
IC B2

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
[Linked Image]

grin

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by TATELAW
Geedubya,

What's your opinion on the Bulleit bourbon? Been told by a couple of folks that it's one I need to try, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

For every day drinkin/mixin' its Jim Beam.

[Linked Image]

Devil's Cut ain't too shabby when feeling festive'

[Linked Image]

but Maker's Mark is a nice change-up when one is "cookin"

[Linked Image]

Camarena make's a nice shooter.

[Linked Image]

Knob Creek Creek Single barrel is mighty fine and should be on your short list IMHO.

[Linked Image]

and if you like Rye KC is also good stuff.

[Linked Image]

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Unsolicited testimonial: Bulliet is definitely OK Bourbon. grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
However to answer your question directly,you can’t go wrong with either the Frontier Whiskey (I prefer the 10 year reserve) or their Rye
[Linked Image]

It is very smooth. In fact I’m sipping some now. I goes down easy, then leaves a bit of taste on the middle, then back of your tongue, a smidge of a burn on the lips, then you feel the glow risin’ up from your innards and the the saliva kicks in and it’s time for another sip.
[Linked Image]

and to be honest, I’ve been enjoying craft beers more and more lately

[Linked Image]

Did I mention that our Archery season starts this weekend. Come on October, I can hardly wait.

JAPPFT,

GWB

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by RDW
Cheap-A$$ Horror Freight dead blow hammer as a prop....TFF

[Linked Image]

Yup,

On somethings I'm quite utilitarian.......

Over the past few months I've kinda got a wild hair.

Decided to start messin' with leather.

[Linked Image]

Started off doin' a few belts and belt slide holsters....

Here lately I've been having makers send me their wares sans sheaths......

[Linked Image]

havin a ball........

[Linked Image]

I call em' my "not ready for prime time" leather.

JAPPFT,

GWB

PS: The dead blow hammer don't bounce, it don't mar the stamps, and it's cheaper than a fancy maul.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
GWB: To me, that Randall in the top photo would be absolutely IDEAL for hog sticking.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm thinking GWB is a trust fund baby or something he can't have time to work between shooting hogs, cooking, drinking and taking pictures laugh

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
GWB......amazing array of "gear" you've got there. Very impressive.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
GWB,

That Maker's Mark is my old standby. Been drinking it since college. Been branching out the last few years. I've got a bottle of the Maker's Cask Strength that I'm waiting to drink with my best friend next time he comes home from Vegas. He's the one that introduced me to Maker's Mark so many years ago!

Lately I've been enjoying Four Roses Single Barrel and Eagle Rare. I've never been a big Jim or Jack fan, but I used to enjoy 10 year Charter. Haven't seen any of it in years, and the 8 year stuff ain't the same by a long shot.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
I'm thinking GWB is a trust fund baby or something he can't have time to work between shooting hogs, cooking, drinking and taking pictures laugh

Mike

What's the old line, don't tell my mom I work in the oilfields, she thinks I'm a piano player in a whorehouse.
Well I can resemble that remark. My grandpa on my father's side was illiterate as was my grand-ma. He ran a gang of mules and nigras on pipeline and would be gone months at a time. It fell to my dad to walk down the rail-road tracks to the local merchant to cajole him for food on credit till his pa got back and could pay. His oldest brother dropped out of high school and joined the tree-army during the depression to help feed the family. They lived in tar-paper shacks and had to dob newspapers in the cracks to keep from freezing in the winter. My grand-pa on my mother’s side was a wild-catter. His last name was Bradford. He was raised by an old single uncle, cause his dead mother's sister swore she'd never have a Bradford boy in her house. My Great grandma on my mother's side ran a boarding house and followed the oil-fields. My maternal grandpa caught my maternal grandma when she was 15. My mom was born when she was sixteen. My dad was born in Goose Creek (now Baytown). Perhaps you've heard the joke, “You know you're from Baytown Texas if you've ever used lard in bed”.

I tell folks that when I was born my parents were so po' that they couldn't afford a name, just intitials. I've been GW all my life. I can remember being about 10 years old and getting hand-me-down gun mags from a kid down the street whose dad owned a factory. I swore if I ever made any money I'd own some fire-arms. One might postulate that I’ve gone off the deep end. But if schitt ever truly hits the fan, I figure, guns, knives, hand tools, cigarettes, whiskey and such will have much more trading power than gold or silver.
I started mowing yards at 10, janitor at 16. Welder's helper, pipe-fitters helper, loaded trucks at a sheet metal plant while in high school. After I graduated from HS, I sold Fuller Brush door to door. Worked with a framing crew off and on for a year or so, 70 hours a week @ $2.50, but the guy didn't take out taxes, so I thought I was in tall cotton. Waited tables and bartended for 7 years while going to college and staying out of 'Nam. Never graduated. I got something like 170 hours with 140 or so "C" or better. Ran a steel fabrication job shop for 10 years, then went broke and lost every thing except my wife and kids. Spent three years floundering trying to sell life insurance on the debit, while delivering pizza at night and then getting up at 3 in the morning to go roll the Houston Post and throw a paper route. . I also wholesaled cars for a while during this period. Had a friend that would let me use his "P" number. I'd go buy cars from banks and Savings and loans or dealers and then give them a sight draft. That draft had to be redeemed in 24 hours. I did not have a pot to piss in but I'd buy 15 or 20K worth of cars and have to have them turned by the next day or my bud's license was forfeit. Didn't take long to get tired of that pressure. Talked myself into a Farmer's Insurance agency for a couple years till I got screwed by my DM. In 1989 I got a break (or you could say I made a break). My brother was doing commercial real estate appraisals . The owner of the shop would not hire me as I was almost 40 yrs. old, had a wife and 3 kids and no college degree (Preferably from the Texas A&M LERE program). However, my brother would hand me a file and say “see what you can do”. I’d go to the filing cabinet and pull out a report on a similar property and go to work. Because of my background I could talk to anybody from the outhouse to the penthouse. Within six months I was the top producer out of a staff of 13 appraisers. Why, cause I’d work a hundred hours a week. Next thing ya know the boss took me out from under my brother who he paid A 41% split and told me he was hiring me as a trainee at 37%. I hung in for two year till I got my license and went out on my own. I ended up doing my own thing and got lucky by availing myself of OPT, OPE and OPM and to a large degree dumb luck as the time was right. I quit doing appraisals in 96 and RE brokerage in 98 to manage my own investments. Been doing that and hunting and shooting since.

Also I don't invest in the stock market or buy gold. I used to have guys call em and want me to invest with them. I'd ask if they knew the story of "ham and eggs". Naturally they would not, so I would explain, "To the chicken it's not big deal, but to the pig, it's total commitment". They had no skin in the game. I did. If they lost my money, no big deal,as it wasn't any different than the other folks money they lost also and it weren't theirs. Nobody takes care of your stuff the way that you do.

I drive old cars, wear a cheap watch and don’t buy depreciating assets on time. I’ve used the example before. If you buy a $60,000 Ford Pick-em up truck and finance it for six years at 6% interest your monthly payment is +/- $995 per month at 3% it’s +/-$911 per month. That don’t include what you have to pay for your monthly insurance premium. I’ve never owned a new vehicle and never had a car/truck note. If I buy a rifle at 60% of MSRP each month for 72 months , at the end of that term they will most likely be worth at least what I paid for them and most likely more. The 6 year old truck will probably be worth $15,000 or less. That’s not smart in my book. I don't buy into much of what the real estate or investment guru's say but I do agree with one thing Robert Kiyosaki sez, "the man that is truly rich is the man that has more income from his income producing properties, than he has debt") Buy low, sell high, collect early and pay late. Live a life of delayed gratification. Do that for twenty or thirty years and one can let his assets support him, rather than him support his assets (and a home is not an asset, but that for another time), then one can spend time hunting, cooking, posting on the internet and taking pix.

Just sayin’

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 09/29/15.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Much respect for a self made man who earned his way. Glad you are reaping the rewards of your hard work.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Much respect for a self made man who earned his way. Glad you are reaping the rewards of your hard work.

Mike

Mike,
I've been blessed among men. My wife has stood by me for almost 37 years. During the hard times my family and friends at church helped. I didn't do it on my own, and never forget, dumb luck will beat ability any time. LOL

GWB

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Big Stick
'77,

Whore Hey!,

Sweetheart there's zero need to reiterate that you are a Lying Clueless Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...but it sure the fhuqk is funny,when you do your "best".

Do tell about punishing paper at Quantico with Rack Grade Wares and Ball Ammo. I know,I know...the "particulars" escape you. Laughing!

Hell,I've prolly never even been around a Garand,M1A1 or '15. Re-laughing!

GREAT time to connect the dots on "all" that you've "learned",leading you to choose a piece of fhuqking schit rifle,in piece of fhuqking schit mounts/rings,wearing glass that won't/can't arrange POA/POI and the Ballistic "prize" of swingin' the schittiest projectiles in the bore sizing? Don't "forget" to cite "all" the "experience","knowledge" and "results" that've paved the way. Laughing!

You poor poor AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk.

Don't "forget" that you "can't read" this.

Laughing!...................

I must be hitting some (small nerves) . What the socio-Keebler elf seems to continuously miss is that some of us PREFER a certain brand of item over others, given proven performance and yes it even involves personal tastes.
We've even discovered the benefits of lubricants as have many others and indeed some have taken wood and blued rifles to from the Himalayas to the Artic. HINT...there's that lesson the pinheaded dwarf continues to miss. Yes, he's fixated on "knobs", given his "stature", he's been at dick level even to Pigmies his whole life, so I'm sure we can appreciate his "short"-comings. A good friend of mine just returned from a sheep hunt in Alaska where he took a beautiful, old ram at a LAZERED 615 yards with a Rifles, Inc 7Mag, 160 Noslers and a standard Leupold B&C reticle. No knobs, he and some of us, unlike the dwarf, just choose another method that works. I've never taken anything that far, but 350 plus is good enough for me and look MA, NO KNOBS!

Lastly, as to our "POS" rifles, I'm not surprised this thread went the way it did after the Midasshit touch of the socio-dwarf polluted it (and Stick we'll have to add reading comprehension to your myriad shortcomings as I've more than once stated I DO read your posts when they pollute a thread I started or you respond to one of mine), but suffice to say, I enjoy and like my Weatherbys and I don't have to resort to the ubiquitous cottage industry them to shoot accurately, or safely:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This "oject de merde" came from a Vanguard and replaced with a Timney:
[Linked Image]

And I'll refrain from posting the obvious of the many, many renowned and accomplished world-wide hunters who've used Weatherbys exclusively to collect more game than any of us could even come close to. But do carry on using your one post a day limit here. Keeps you from screwing up other posts, you know, like your personal life...

I see a book or even a movie in the future; The SHORT and Unhappy life of Big Stick McComber..."

Oh; Laughing.........

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Don't work to hard today.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
GW, you have obviously lead a fascinating life and you provided a lot of sage advice on avoiding debt and picking yourself back up off the floor and succeeding. Your story inspired me as I just went through some things and grew tired of it all and moved four states away with very little to my name. I'm currently dead broke but I've got a job interview today that I feel good about. Thank you for sharing.

Page 13 of 20 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

586 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,261 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,697
Posts18,494,224
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.