Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
So as not to derail the other thread where you are so completely getting your ass handed to you, I'll use this to engage you in debate if you have the balls to
And since it have nothing better to do right now except watch mud dry

You say it's time for logic but you yourself don't use any

In your mind it is not ok for me to own a single 15 or 30 round magazine, yet I can own and carry any number of 10 round magazines.

Please explain how reduced round count will curtail the number of people injured/killed in one of these trajedies?..

You're aware that it takes approximately 1 second to change magazines aren't you?

You do know that the AR wasn't used yesterday right?

Do you hold any responsibility for this on the school administration who not only had their security personnel unarmed, but also prevented a student who was armed from intervening armed quite possibly, as we saw with yhe Oregon (I believe) mall shooter who immediately turned his gun on himself once he was that he was being engaged by a CCWer- could have drastically mitigated any further casualties?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
crickets...

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't forget the verified statistics of reduced violent crime and murder rates being lower now than at any time since the early 1980s (or beforehand), along with other crime being on the decline - all the while firearms ownership is at all time highs as well as concealed carry being much the accepted legal norm than otherwise.

Oh, and before he cites (if he even would) any "public health statistics", those are worthless as they are funded specifically by Michael Bloomberg with the stated mission to justify his anti-2A agenda (that goes for Johns Hopkins, Harvard, Chicago, Washington, and others). Those numbers are quickly debunked by academic research done outside of his funding streams at places like Harvard Law School and others.

Then again, he and his ilk NEVER mention the rampant crime rates in places like Chicago and Baltimore, nor do they get into the demographics of gun crimes and the attendant reasons underlying those numbers (the gun isn't to blame), nor do they EVER mention that each of these school shooters has been on psychotropic drugs and come from nearly identical backgrounds.

So much for the "weight of evidence".

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Eric is a liberal plant. I'd wager he makes minimum wage spamming websites such as this one.

Not a bad gig I guess, it beats flippin quarter pounders all day.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Eric is a liberal plant. I'd wager he makes minimum wage spamming websites such as this one.

Not a bad gig I guess, it beats flippin quarter pounders all day.

No, now the going wage for folks like him is $15 an hour.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and offer him the chance to debate

I'm serious fellas I'm getting paid 37 bucks an hour to watch mud dry today, and I'll be here until 6 tonight

Eric I'm waiting

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Eric, if we are going to ban standard capacity magazines. Then that should go for LE and political security agencies as well correct, as well as bans on "assault rifles"?

Last edited by gitem_12; 10/02/15.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I'm at my day job, so briefly (I'm only a part-time ISIS/DNC plant).

No law acceptable to a free society is going to eliminate any and all possible techniques for inflicting mass-casualties by a determined actor, and we could discuss all day the mechanics of quick mag changes in stressful situations. And if I'm correct, there were concealed carriers present who were innefective (could be wrong about that, details still sketchy).

However, limiting large cap mags in semi-autos is, I believe, addressing at least one common denominator in these shootings. Limiting firearm access to those who are unfit, limiting the numbers of firearms specifically designed for and ideally suited to mass casualty shootings, will I believe help the problem.

Its folly to say because we can't do everything we should do nothing, and I'm not convinced further saturating the landscape with guns is the answer.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -Isaac Asimov

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
That concealed carrier was prevented from acting

Exactly how would lower cap. Magazines have helped mitigate the tragedy...

You spout talking points but have no substance behind it

We have already seen, alla Roof that increased background checks don't work

It was also seen with the VT shooter

Last edited by gitem_12; 10/02/15.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Even if what you say is correct (and almost none of it is), you cannot address the real problem with gun laws:

Criminals don't obey them.

In fact, I'll wager you cannot name one single law of ANY kind that criminals obey.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Are you really so stupid that you think banning anything works? When you ban something then it becomes more available on the black market. Only honest people obey the Laws. People who think like you are the real problem that this country faces and nowhere close to the solutions. If you really want to help then push to have the Democrat Party banned from the country.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
You're right things need to be done

Let's start with forcing the institutions to take security seriously, and not allow them to make it a visual show and nothing more. If that institution made the decision to prevent it's students from excersizing their right to self defense, it them tool on the obligation to provide proper securiry, a rent a cop with pepper spray making minimum wage isn't it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Eric308
I'm at my day job, so briefly (I'm only a part-time ISIS/DNC plant).

Well, at least you are capable of admitting some degree of truth.

No law acceptable to a free society is going to eliminate any and all possible techniques for inflicting mass-casualties by a determined actor, and we could discuss all day the mechanics of quick mag changes in stressful situations. And if I'm correct, there were concealed carriers present who were innefective (could be wrong about that, details still sketchy).

A determined attacker is only going to be thwarted by either 1) early intervention against the attacker himself before the plan is in action (i.e., catching him/her in the planning stages, like when this one was posting on forums about his plan); or, 2) by defensive measures by those on the scene with capabilities to stop or blunt the attack.

There were no CCW carriers present in the room. Those close by were ordered and restricted by the College administration from offering aid and assistance or engaging the shooter.

The VaTech shooting was done with 10 round magazines; lots of them, and could have just as easily been done with 7 or 8 round magazines.

Originally Posted by Eric308However, limiting large cap mags in semi-autos is, I believe, addressing at least one common denominator in these shootings.[/quote

Magazine limits would not have impacted any of these shootings, as evidenced by VaTech or Charleston. The common denominators in all of those instances that should be considered are the missed warning signs (including posts on forums about intent), the inability of those on site to defend themselves, and the common characteristics of school shooters (young, male, from single-parent, mother-only households; on psychotropic medications - often the same ones; violent gaming fantasies and addictions; known issues recorded by counselors and others; etc.)

[quote=Eric308]Limiting firearm access to those who are unfit, limiting the numbers of firearms specifically designed for and ideally suited to mass casualty shootings, will I believe help the problem.

You continue to concentrate on the weapons used, not the shooters themselves and you only concentrate on "mass shooters". The reason for that is because to actually concentrate on violent crimes will force you to admit that overall violent crimes are way, way down and that those that still exist are not the fault of the firearms used but of demographics and populations in society that you will not admit are a huge problem.

Its folly to say because we can't do everything we should do nothing, and I'm not convinced further saturating the landscape with guns is the answer.

You're not convinced of anything because you're concentrating on the wrong problems and on the wrong issues within those problems. The "weight of evidence" does not support any of your agendas; it hasn't, and it won't.

BTW - I notice you've dropped the "ban on ARs and military-style weapons". That was the only play you had because those weren't an issue here and are almost never the issue in violent crime.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
"Eric", honest people obey laws, for the most part. The exception might be tyrannical, unjust laws.

Criminals work outside the law, any that impede their enterprise. Please explain how any law will stop a criminal that by definition works outside the law.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Eric in your first post on this subject you stated,What we need is a ban on mags over 10 rounds, the AR-type rifle and its clones, a voluntary buy back on those in circulation, tightened licensing requirements, and increased mental health services.that voluntary buy back statement ,I have always noticed that anything the goverment says is voluntary ,they soon make mandatory ,then it will be confiscation ,..kind of like Conn. and N.Y have proved that

NRA Life Member
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Eric

Cocaine is banned

Meth is outlawed

Heroine is illegal to possess

Those items no longer cause problems do they?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A man in a gun free zone with a TC ECORE Pistol could kill a lot of people if he is the only one armed.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Y'all just stand by a while and let Eric drag his carcass back in here to "defend" his positions.

I've dealt with those that fund him, so dealing with him won't be too difficult at all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In New York, in 1990, a guy got upset, took a few dollars worth of gasoline, and burned down a crowded bar and killed 80+ people. Strict gun laws in NYC

China recently had a terrible string of stabbings at schools, multiple children dead and dozens more injured. No guns involved.

Charlie Hebdo attack - granted it was terrorism, but France has tough gun laws, yet the killers were able to get AK47's in France. Ditto the thwarted train attack.

In the modern world, when someone is consumed with hate, they can find a tool to commit mayhem.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. That's a liberal for you.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (10gaugemag, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,615 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,780
Posts18,477,082
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.