Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Just when it all can't be full of enough political BS,
evidently Westboro Baptist Church is coming to Roseburg OR to demonstrate and claim the killings earlier this week was God's Revenge for acceptance of Gay Pride by the public...

Evidently there is another group, that is planning to attack the Baptists, and "beat the schitt out of them".....

The source of the info, was from my son, who is assigned to Douglas County District 2 Fire and Rescue....( those are the folks you saw as paramedics, carrying the wounded from Umpqua Community College ).....he usually does a 24 hour shift.... he just called home 5 minutes ago ( 11:45 PM) to tell us he has no idea when he will be home... he is suppose to be off between 8 and 9 AM....but the entire agency has been put on High Alert and StandBy....no one is on call... they have called ALL of their Emergency Personnel in to the station...

Douglas County Sheriff's Dept is also on high alert, and the local Guard Unit is being Mobilized to StandBy Status...

I'm sure this is all to be highly precautionary, with the Guard being on Standby.... but evidently Westboro Baptist Church is picking this tragedy to get their faces back in the Headlines...

and they are expecting out of town ( from Portland, Seattle and the Bay Area/SF) to be coming into town, if they have not already started arriving...both them and Westboro..

Nearby Emergency Agencies are also being called and will also be on standby...

They are expecting some serious stuff to potentially go down..

Lets hope this is all a bunch of hot air, by both sides...

and if you aren't doing nothing, how about giving the Good Lord a prayer to watch over the Paramedics and EMTs over the next 48 hours in Roseburg...and mention Seafire Jr. if you don't mind...his name is Jonathan...

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers on the way.

That Westboro Bunch is gonna keep on until they incite a major blood letting. mad

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They are the real-time equivalent of trolls. The only reason they do this stuff is they get a response. National Guard? Wtf? Pay them no attention and they'll go away.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can hear the thunder from here.
I can see the black leather and polished chrome from here.
I can see the level gaze and stars and stripes flapping in the breeze.

Gloved hands cranking throttles.

A "national guard" like nothing the government could ever assemble.

Don't worry.
They'll be there.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I think they should protest Muslims. How come they do not do that? I mean the whole Cain and Abel thing and all...Might be because Muslims will kill them, I dunno...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very interesting, Bench.

Who would ever have thought that I, I of all people, would think inviting the idea of a moment's worth of carrying out of sharia law.

Don't say anything.
Let me savor this...

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Prayers on the way.

That Westboro Bunch is gonna keep on until they incite a major blood letting. mad

I am always surprised when Westboro shows up, and there is NOT a massacre.

Sam......

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Roseburg is a small town ( 21,000 Population...) they don't have the resources to prevent a major confrontation of these Westboro people....

Major threats are on the way, against the Baptists and their anti gay crusade, from many different sources....from gay pride supporters, to plain old conservatives...

to people who are pissed stating that God sent this guy to kill these people...for revenge of the sins of man allowing gay marriages etc to go on... Oregon has passed gay marriage ( thank you Portland)....

While I went up to Roseburg and the college the other day, early in the morning.... News Outlets were reporting the locals as solemn and mourning, while just devastated and shocked over the massacre of the previous day.... I didn't see much of that.... what I saw was people were pissed... real pissed....

sure Roseburg has small town problems still... drug use, welfare abuse and all that goes with that...but not problems of this magnitude...First the Killings and then Westboro using it as a stage, planning to do protest ralleys at the funerals of those killed....

and especially not a place to be a battle ground for those opposed to Westboro's Shenanigans...

yeah Westboro's Shenanigans piss me off severely as well.. protesting the killings by blaming the victims as penance ordained by God...for this community...makes me want to get a baseball bat or golf club and go bash some heads myself...I won't of course, but those people certainly give you the motivation...

on the other end, I have a son, working up there on standby to take care of injuries ( regardless of who they might be and the reasons why they might be injured).....while on student status wrapping up his paramedic training...

the incidents are a good training situation for sure... but as a parent, I certainly worry about him being in harms way trying to help those in need...

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The guy was singling out Christians to kill. Why would God kill his own people rather than the queers? WBC is totally screwed up.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Evidently there is another group, that is planning to attack the Baptists, and "beat the schitt out of them".....

They need the schitt beat out of them.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Mostly old smelly people with a mix of younger hippy types. Got to see them in the NCR Northern Capital Region. They did their "death walk" while beating a drum then attempted to block some entrances where the ones they selected were arrested. The judges usually let them off "light" so they continue doing what they do.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Douglas County Sheriff's Dept is also on high alert, and the local Guard Unit is being Mobilized to StandBy Status
-----------

Treat them all to lunch and let the "another group" take care of things.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You folks should INSIST that any and all Westboro Church "members" be turned back at the State line, by Your DPS / Hwy patrol,....if your Governor doesn't have the cojones for that Your SHERIFF should hold his County line inviolate. Turn them around, or arrest them.

That's been the game plan with those a-holes here in Az.
....it WORKS

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 10/04/15.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What is their angle on this?
A loss of respect for life due to the culture of death? I don't get it, abortion would seem to be a lot closer.

I've got no problem with protesting against sodomy, but I'm just not seeing the connection here or at soldier's funerals. They need to protest those responsible, not at victims.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BarryC
What is their angle on this?
A loss of respect for life due to the culture of death? I don't get it, abortion would seem to be a lot closer.

I've got no problem with protesting against sodomy, but I'm just not seeing the connection here or at soldier's funerals. They need to protest those responsible, not at victims.
They are extremely anti-homosexual. Fred Phelps was a crazed lawyer here in Kansas and ran for Governor a couple of times. He founded his own Church having really nothing to do with mainline Baptist denominations. When he was "just" anti-gay, he had a lot of support. I remember people saying they thought old Fred had it right. Then at some point they decided that the whole USA was gay and specifically the military was promoting gaiety. So this somehow translates into protesting at dead military personnels' funerals.

The Church is mainly offspring of Fred Phelps and their families and friends. Several are lawyers and will not hesitate to sue. I think Fred was disbarred at some point. He's dead now and so no longer an issue.

They obviously get off on publicity and people saying they need beaten just feeds on their martyr complex. I'm no legal expert but I cannot understand with all the smartassed lawyers around, how somebody hasn't figured out a way to legally keep them away from these funerals. IMO the whole "getting out the National Guard" and stuff is drama. They are kooks but not what I'd consider dangerous. They are totally whacked and disrespectful and I don't blame people for getting extremely angry about their friends and relatives' funerals being disrupted but the attention just feeds the Phelps clan.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
If God was into revenge everyone of those Westboros would be burning right now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anti gay is one thing but that westboro crowd carries it to an extreme , a "church" apparently based on nothing BUT gay hating.

I gotta wonder if maybe old Fred got abused by some pedophile when he was a kid.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think the folks in that part of Oregon will take too kindly to that nonsense, likely to be some confrontation .

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,318 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,517
Posts18,490,943
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.