Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
WBC came to Savannah about 2 years ago to protest a fairly high profile military funeral but before they arrived, city leaders and LEO sat down with all the TV and other news outlets and had them promise not to cover them. The Sherrif's office and Ga. State Patrol corraled them in a "protest zone" about 2 miles from the church. After about 2 hours and realizing no media was coming, WBC got mad and left. They even tried going to a couple of the TV station's parking lots and STILL couldn't get any attention. After that they simply slinked out of town.
This is how to handle these [bleep].

John

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Anti gay is one thing but that westboro crowd carries it to an extreme , a "church" apparently based on nothing BUT gay hating.

I gotta wonder if maybe old Fred got abused by some pedophile when he was a kid.

Mike

More likely that Fred was a self-loathing old polesmoker himself.

John

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by john843
WBC came to Savannah about 2 years ago to protest a fairly high profile military funeral but before they arrived, city leaders and LEO sat down with all the TV and other news outlets and had them promise not to cover them. The Sherrif's office and Ga. State Patrol corraled them in a "protest zone" about 2 miles from the church. After about 2 hours and realizing no media was coming, WBC got mad and left. They even tried going to a couple of the TV station's parking lots and STILL couldn't get any attention. After that they simply slinked out of town.

John

This.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by oldtrapper

John

This.

Everything but the "protest zone".

Freedom of speech is a constitutional right that has no "zones".

You may not like what they say, but they have a right to say it like anybody else.

Be careful of what rights are stepped on and applauded. They may be stepping on ours next.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The guy was singling out Christians to kill. Why would God kill his own people rather than the queers? WBC is totally screwed up.

There are some eye witness reports that say he didn't really single out Christians. He shot them regardless of how they answered, and he just told the Christians they were about to meet God

http://news.yahoo.com/oregon-gunman-army-dropout-studied-mass-shooters-041933070.html#
Stephanie Salas, the mother of Rand McGowan, another student who survived, said she was told by her son that the shooter asked victims whether they were religious but did not specifically target Christians.

Her son said the shooter had people stand up before asking, "'Do you have a God? Are you Christian? Do you have a religion?'"

Salas said it was like telling the victims "you're going to be meeting your maker."

Last edited by Snyper; 10/04/15.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Few years ago, when then congresswomen Giffords was shot in tucson a little girl was killed. They arrived in area to protest timed with her funeral. Bikers of all types, from harley's to me, gold wings, showed up, and lined the route to and from the church. this made it rather difficult for them to show up. A local station gave them about 30minutes to blow off steam and than ended it.
A couple of years ago when we lost 19 local firefighters in a forest fire, there were thoughts of them showing up. And yeah, the patriot guard and other groups lined the route too.
Yeah, roseberg is a small town, and i would imagine just livid. And i couldn't blame any of the local people regardless of the laws if they went beyond the law at these toilet scum.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by BarryC
What is their angle on this?
A loss of respect for life due to the culture of death? I don't get it, abortion would seem to be a lot closer.

Bingo... grin

Don't think they get it, big time.

If they are into Scripture (wondering about that), they should spend time in Genesis., studying "Two trees in the Garden", the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil and the Tree of Life. One is rooted in death, the other in Life.

WBC may be a church/denomination; they're just operating out of the wrong tree... shocked

And, one is deceived if one doesn't know that he/she doesn't know... blush

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The guy was singling out Christians to kill. Why would God kill his own people rather than the queers? WBC is totally screwed up.

There are some eye witness reports that say he didn't really single out Christians. He shot them regardless of how they answered, and he just told the Christians they were about to meet God

http://news.yahoo.com/oregon-gunman-army-dropout-studied-mass-shooters-041933070.html#
Stephanie Salas, the mother of Rand McGowan, another student who survived, said she was told by her son that the shooter asked victims whether they were religious but did not specifically target Christians.

Her son said the shooter had people stand up before asking, "'Do you have a God? Are you Christian? Do you have a religion?'"

Salas said it was like telling the victims "you're going to be meeting your maker."
Horse [bleep]. The stuff I've read said that he asked them and then shot the Christians fatally. If they answered negatively then he shot them in the leg.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
=============

Sure it does.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by isaac
=============

Sure it does.

When George Bush came to Savannah for an appearance on River Street all the people protesting the Iraq war or anything else were herded into a "free speech zone" about 2.5 blocks away.

John

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Is something unclear about this?

[Linked Image]

How can one claim to cling to one amendment that guarantees our freedom while flushing another?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Is something unclear about this?

[Linked Image]

How can one claim to cling to one amendment that guarantees our freedom while flushing another?

Absolutely clear. However the rantings of the WBC is more akin to screaming, FIRE" in a crowded theater and that crap ain't allowed.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
There can only be "free speech zones" until enough people agree on the subject at hand to exceed the boundaries of the zone. If there are enough citizens protesting, all the traffic cones, plastic tape and cops in the country could not stop the exercise of that constitutionally protected right. WBC is a minority opinion of a few kooks that are better served (for their safety) in a "zone"

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
They have all the rights in the world to their first amendment rights....and if they chose to voice them in the same way they have been doing..... then anyone present has the right to respond to them in accordance with their personal beliefs....

I like what the bikers up there in Roseburg have to say in response to them, than I like what the Westboro Baptist Church has to say...

and then everyone has their first amendment rights guarded and shared with each other...

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

John

That seems to be the best approach.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
While we're shredding our Constitution, I think we should load them on cattle cars and ship them to the nearest FEMA camp, where they are free to protest indefinitely.

Constitution, we don't need no stinking Constitution.

WTH is wrong with you people?

LOL
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I, for one am not advocating the use of these "zones". But it is a fact that they are established from time to time and since the W administration at least, have passed constitutional muster. They have been contested in court and for the most part have been upheld. I think you would have to agree that you can't protest something ANYWHERE you may want to. I sincerely doubt that one could protest the gay marriage ruling in the SCOTUS' chambers. A LOT of other examples come to mind.
Also, when I stated in my first post on this that the city and LEO had the news media promise not to cover WBC, they ASKED them not to and all the media outlets thought it was a good idea, and agreed not to.

John

Last edited by john843; 10/04/15.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've read that several of the WBC family are lawyers and they specialize in this. They handle their defense in house and they're good at it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Fireball2
While we're shredding our Constitution, I think we should load them on cattle cars and ship them to the nearest FEMA camp, where they are free to protest indefinitely.

Constitution, we don't need no stinking Constitution.

WTH is wrong with you people?

That sorta reminds me of the talk about mentally unfit not having guns.

Remember, the Soviets rounded up hoards of "mentally unfit" and sent them to Gulags for "re-education".

Maybe Jade Helm has the old Soviet playbook and guess who will be declared "mentally unfit"... shocked

Yep, and guess who decides all that... blush

Yeah... cry

DF

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Westboro has threatened to show up a LOT of places over the last few years, but often they are no shows.

Betting this will be one of them.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

495 members (007FJ, 1Longbow, 1moredeer, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 43 invisible), 2,264 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,394
Posts18,469,959
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.