Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[video:youtube]k1bG2EPGmI0[/video]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yup, it's amazing how many Liberals, have no clue where their food/Meat comes from.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bummer, thought this was gonna be a serious thread about sausage making,

was talking to a bud earlier today about trying to make some again this year with wild hog / deer.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Big Dave,
Do yourself a favor and get the book put out by Mule Deer and his wife, Eileen. Not only does it have recipes, it also tells you why you are doing certain things to the meat and why the ratios need to be what they are. Great resource!
http://www.riflesandrecipes.com/ind...ry&layout=blog&id=4&Itemid=6

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Big Dave,
Do yourself a favor and get the book put out by Mule Deer and his wife, Eileen. Not only does it have recipes, it also tells you why you are doing certain things to the meat and why the ratios need to be what they are. Great resource!

Ordered.

thanks for the heads up!

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I ordered one too.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by Snake River Marksman
Big Dave,

Ordered.

thanks for the heads up!

was in mailbox today, fast shipping.

Dave

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
great joke,not hard to make your own sausage for real. i make pork ,deer,and deer bologna all the time.

for fresh pork i usually just buy boston butts . i have a supplier that will sell me a few hundred pounds for around a dollar a pound.for pork or deer i like morton sausage seasoning. cut them up in small chunks and season before grinding. one can does 18-24lbs depending how strong you like it. i use a can to 20lbs.

deer breakfast sausage is the same only add 20%pork fat. there are many different seasonings to be had for sausage,check lem products ,eldonsausage ,con yeager spice co.
eldons has a excellent book on all kind of stuff made from wild game. sausage & jerky handbook.

for deer bologna(just made 23lbs last week) i use bologna kits from con yeager spice co in pa. follow the directions on the bag. oh,if you buy a dozen kits at once ask about bulk prices.its way cheaper.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by srwshooter
great joke,not hard to make your own sausage for real. i make pork ,deer,and deer bologna all the time.

for fresh pork i usually just buy boston butts . i have a supplier that will sell me a few hundred pounds for around a dollar a pound.for pork or deer i like morton sausage seasoning. cut them up in small chunks and season before grinding. one can does 18-24lbs depending how strong you like it. i use a can to 20lbs.

deer breakfast sausage is the same only add 20%pork fat. there are many different seasonings to be had for sausage,check lem products ,eldonsausage ,con yeager spice co.
eldons has a excellent book on all kind of stuff made from wild game. sausage & jerky handbook.

for deer bologna(just made 23lbs last week) i use bologna kits from con yeager spice co in pa. follow the directions on the bag. oh,if you buy a dozen kits at once ask about bulk prices.its way cheaper.

[Linked Image]

this one?

Dave

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
the one i have is called

sausage and jerky handbook

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (007FJ, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 16penny, 62 invisible), 2,432 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,441
Posts18,470,899
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.