Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 24 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 23 24
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I have seen the enemy and it's not always a raghead....

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S

10 responses

Dr. Middleton's Office & Staff
Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
10 responses
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
10 responses
Staff friendliness and courteousness
10 responses
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)

10 – 15 minutes
10 responses
Experience with Dr. Middleton
Level of trust in provider's decisions
10 responses
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
10 responses
How well provider listens and answers questions
10 responses
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients
10 responses
How was your experience with Dr. Middleton?

Provide feedback so others can make an informed decision.
Take the Survey

1.4 out of 5?????

well guess that explains a lot also....

of course working in the medical field, particularly in Cardiology Products, and also working in Hospitals in my younger years... I've met thousands of Doctors.... some are great guys, exampled by forum member Doc Rocket... and then we have Paddler...egotistical self centered pricks...

the type that never went into medicine to help their fellow man... they just went into it for the money... fueled by greed, and it shows in the reviews given by his patients...

guess he's an ass, in and out of the office...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BobinNH
The proposal throws a bone to the 2A faction in that it does't ban the firearms in question, while placating the wailing of the Left to "do something....anything...even if it won't work".

Someone bent on committing a mass shooting neither knows nor cares that he/she is prohibited from buying/owning the firearm in question. They will not have read the law. If they are that far off the deep end they will acquire it illegally,steal it, borrow it....whatever.One way or another they will get their hands on it.

Of course they may have no prior history of mental illness, in which case, they would not be prohibited from owning it in the first place,assuming they can pass the gauntlet of red tape.

Barring all of this, they take one of those fixed magazine firearms, "suitable for sporting purposes" (whatever the hell that means but once again subject to arbitrary definition and interpretation by another bunch of bureaucrats) ,or steal a $40k shotgun from somewhere in Utah, and execute a bunch of people in an Oregon classroom because they are the only one in the room with a gun.

Then we are back to regulating $40k shotguns.

As to the letter,you ask Representative Chaffetz to seriously consider your proposal,then tell him that (a) you didn't vote for him; (b)that he's rude and condescending (an [bleep] basically) ,and beat up on him over Planned Parenthood.

Great diplomacy.Admirable people skills and powers of persuasion.

If I were Chaffetz I would ignore the letter.

See what I mean about (some) doctors?

Thanks again, and again I doubt if you will receive any constructive rebuttal. Then when it is the truth that does become difficult.

Whose hands would the blood be on when his proposal proves it doesn't work? Hmmmmm

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Paddler
Well, I didn't vote for him. He's my representative through gerrymandering. They chopped up Salt Lake City so as to ensure no Democrat stands a chance to get elected. Jason needs to hear that his antics aren't appreciated by his more rational constituents. He spouts red meat crap, but comes off poorly. The expression on his face when he was called on his phony slide was priceless. We'll have a new slogan during our next election, "ABC, Anybody But Chaffetz".

Maybe he should call someone a racist to appeal to voters like you.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

The medical field is more than peppered with Docs just like Middleton here....

we had one locally, who had a reputation for lecturing patients and talking down to them...he did that to me, when I had to go to the clinic...

He shut up and left the room when I finally told him if he didn't STFU, and quit upsetting my wife, I was going to put him thru the wall....

I use to have to ask not to be stuck with him when I went to the Clinic...after that instance, I didn't have to ask anymore, because he told the management he didn't want to treat me any more when I came into the clinic... worked out for both of us..

but with enough complaints, this doctor was finally fired....

and went back home to Utah....

gee,, where is Middleton from Again??? maybe he and Hoffman were related....

The first time I had this local guy, he asked did I own firearms and hunt, and then asked if I was a veteran... then promptly tells me he doesn't like people who think they need to own guns and didn't like Military veterans either.. they are usually mentally unstable... First visit with the guy....

went downhill after that...

IC B2

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Education:

Education & Training
Medical School

David Geffen School Of Medicine At UCLA, University Of California, Los Angeles
Graduated in 1982

UCLA????

Naw, doesn't show a bit....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Paddler's are what get Obamas elected.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Has some real personal issues. eek

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave
What do you think of the details of my proposal, Eric? Any suggestions for improvements?

Since your key proposal seems to be centered around the re-classification of firearms, I'll ask this:

How do the records checks performed on an individual purchasing an NFA classified firearm differ from the checks performed on an individual that is purchasing a non-NFA classified firearm?

Travis

Let's try again.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Gee.... for somebody that nobody likes very well, you sure give him a lot of press.

Jus Say'n

W. Bill

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I sent the following to Jason. Punctuation got lost in the translation:

Dear Representaive Chaffetz,

I wrote the following after Newtown:

On the Prevention of Mass Murders

The recent tragedy in Newtown, like most tragedies, was not the result of one event, but rather a series of failures. It was the result of previously undiagnosed mental illness in an individual who had access to advanced weaponry capable of sustained high rates of fire. Both mental illness and the weapons capable of such destruction were required to produce this tragic loss of life.
Perhaps because this shooting resulted in the death of twenty young children and six educators, it seems the nation is more ready now than ever before to entertain measures to prevent similar occurrences in the future. One could argue that this new willingness to act is the result of the cumulative effects of so many similar events. It matters not which of these is causative, or even if other factors are responsible, the fact remains that we must act.
Various ideas have been advanced; banning the weapons involved, banning high capacity magazines, posting armed security officers in our schools, training and arming our teachers, and a more comprehensive approach to mental illness. These ideas all have their proponents, and varying degrees of merit, depending on one’s experience and point of view.
As a lifelong hunter and avid outdoorsman, it occurs to me that we may already have in place mechanisms to help prevent future disasters. We can, merely by reclassifying certain weapons, reduce access by mentally ill people to the weapons most often used in these shootings. The three most important characteristics of the weapons used in Newtown and other mass shootings are having a semiautomatic action, the capability to use detachable magazines, and the fact that they fire centerfire ammunition. Semiautomatic weapons allow rapid rates of fire, that is, they fire a bullet, eject the spent case, and load a fresh round with each pull of the trigger. Detachable magazines allow for rapid reloading of multiple rounds of ammunition in one motion. The capability of using centerfire ammunition increases the lethality of each round of ammunition, as rimfire ammunition is generally less powerful.
We already have restrictions on the ownership of certain weapons, commonly called NFA firearms. These include fully automatic firearms, referred to by some as machine guns, short barreled rifles and shotguns, and destructive devices. Fully automatic weapons are generally used by the military; the civilian versions are manufactured as semiautomatic. It is interesting to note that studies done by the military have shown that fully automatic weapons are wasteful of ammunition, as the weapon will continue firing so long as the trigger is depressed. Emptying a magazine completely in a matter of seconds actually limits the effectiveness of these weapons in many combat situations. The solution to this problem was developing the ability to switch these arms into “Select Fire” or “Burst” mode. In this mode, the weapon will fire several rounds with each pull of the trigger, but won’t empty the entire clip.
There is little practical difference in situations such as Newtown between weapons that fire three rounds versus those that fire only one each time the trigger is pulled. Both use centerfire ammunition, both require no more than pulling the trigger to fire a round and load another, and both accept detachable magazines of various capacities. Therefore, the most elegant solution to the gun control issue would be to reclassify these weapons, rifle, pistol or shotgun, as NFA firearms. They would be subject to increased restrictions for buying, owning and transferring. Just as with current Class 3 weapons, people could still buy them. Nothing would be banned, not magazines or the weapons themselves. Individuals would be required to register them with the ATF, undergo strict background checks, get a signature from local law enforcement, notify the ATF if they were to be taken across state lines, and pay a tax of $200 per item. This program could easily be applied to weapons currently in circulation.
This solution would not impact guns typically used for sporting purposes, such as hunting and target shooting. Shotguns and rifles used in these ways have typically have fixed magazines. There are a few exceptions, but small design changes could be made that would exempt the guns in question. It would not impair the ability to defend one’s home, as the weapon most recommended for this task by experts is a shotgun. It also would not affect rimfire weapons, such as 22 caliber rifles or handguns.
Reclassification of these guns should be the most acceptable approach to all sides in the debate over gun control. It would not threaten the Second Amendment, it merely compensates for the technologic advances since the days of the musket. It actually corrects a glaring oversight in our current weapon classification system. Manufacturers could still build these weapons, the public could still buy them, and it would do as well as any other proposal to keep them out of the wrong hands. This is not an immediate or comprehensive solution to the problem of mass murders, but it seems a logical component in a multifaceted approach to prevent another Newtown.

Since that writing, several similar shootings have occurred. I will admit that I have not supported or voted for you, and your recent conduct during the Planned Parenthood hearing was rude, condescending, and in the end, embarrassing for you. However, since you are in fact my representative, I would appreciate your thoughtful response to my ideas.

Sincerely,

Jon Middleton MD

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by poboy
Has some real personal issues. eek

And I implied Paddler has no heart.
More likely he has no soul.
A truly pathetic representation of the medical profession.
I wish I could be embarrassed for him. No, he made his bed,
and wondering here if he drinks heavily in it,
so he can sleep at night....

Last edited by Wyogal; 10/09/15.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
We should take a page out of the liberal playboy with Ole paddler here. See if he has a yelp page and absolutely bombard it with negative reports and no hope his life turns to shambles...suiting rewards for a traitorous coward

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Okay, here are a few questions for y'all. No googling, just answer off the top of your heads:

1) What percentage of acute bronchitis is bacterial?

2) What percentage of patients who go to the doctor get an antibiotic prescription for bronchitis, and why?

3) What percentage of acute sinusitis is bacterial vs viral?

4) What percentage of patients who go to the doctor for sinusitis get an antibiotic, and why?

5) What percentage of azithromycin prescriptions are appropriate?

Class is now in session.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
As a Registered Nurse for over 37 years, I would not lend you a dime nor dignify your stupid little game of Who's smarter...

What's this now....your 5th bottle today? Eat some chips with it.

Last edited by Wyogal; 10/09/15.
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But you can keep your doctor, if you want. crazy

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Okay, here are a few questions for y'all. No googling, just answer off the top of your heads:

1) What percentage of acute bronchitis is bacterial?

2) What percentage of patients who go to the doctor get an antibiotic prescription for bronchitis, and why?

3) What percentage of acute sinusitis is bacterial vs viral?

4) What percentage of patients who go to the doctor for sinusitis get an antibiotic, and why?

5) What percentage of azithromycin prescriptions are appropriate?

Class is now in session.

If you don't already know this you really are a quack, then to ask Campfire members to help you out, what a gem you are...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Wyogal
As a Registered Nurse for over 37 years, I would not lend you a dime nor dignify your stupid little game of Who's smarter...

What's this now....your 5th bottle today? Eat some chips with it.

I like your style

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Gee.... for somebody that nobody likes very well, you sure give him a lot of press.

Jus Say'n

W. Bill

I'm fascinated by his psychopathy. The guy is a case study.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Page 19 of 24 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 222Sako, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 52 invisible), 2,307 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,034
Posts18,500,661
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.