Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 24 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Paddler
Okay, here are a few questions for y'all. No googling, just answer off the top of your heads:

1) What percentage of acute bronchitis is bacterial?

2) What percentage of patients who go to the doctor get an antibiotic prescription for bronchitis, and why?

3) What percentage of acute sinusitis is bacterial vs viral?

4) What percentage of patients who go to the doctor for sinusitis get an antibiotic, and why?

5) What percentage of azithromycin prescriptions are appropriate?

Class is now in session.
WOW! you are cool and so smart. crazy You seem somewhat insecure to come on this board and try to show folks how smart/dumb you really are. crazy Kind of sad really. Time to get a life.. whistle

Last edited by coobie; 10/09/15.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Okay, here are a few questions for y'all. No googling, just answer off the top of your heads:

1) How much credibility did I have here?

2) How much credibility do I now have here?

Class is now in session.

Answers:

1) None

2) Less than none.

Any questions?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Guys, its kinda hard to get fired by an Urgent Care clinic.
But some near guarranteed ways are drug and alcohol addiction, verified inappropriate sexual contact with a patient, revocation or suspension of medical license....
Some where in there was a very bad boy to get booted from this kind of corporate business.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Dr Middleton- Do discriminate? I mean do you inappropriately touch your male patients too? Or just females?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
He worked at urgentcare....I wouldn't let them examine a dead rat

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
So, nobody knows? Funny. There are more questions to come, but you have to answer these first.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
So, nobody knows? Funny. There are more questions to come, but you have to answer these first.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Your truly a piece of work....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wyogal
Guys, its kinda hard to get fired by an Urgent Care clinic.
But some near guarranteed ways are drug and alcohol addiction, verified inappropriate sexual contact with a patient, revocation or suspension of medical license....
Some where in there was a very bad boy to get booted from this kind of corporate business.

He's a wanker.
Prolly got caught doing his pee wee herman imitation in the local "book store."

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
"Serious personal problems." eek

Last edited by poboy; 10/09/15.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Paddler.
A public pud pounder.

It figures...

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Gonna just let you piddle on by yourself, since being fired you're probably used to talking to yourself in the mirror.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

1) What percentage of acute bronchitis is bacterial?

2) What percentage of patients who go to the doctor get an antibiotic prescription for bronchitis, and why?

3) What percentage of acute sinusitis is bacterial vs viral?

4) What percentage of patients who go to the doctor for sinusitis get an antibiotic, and why?

5) What percentage of azithromycin prescriptions are appropriate?

Class is now in session.

You didn't indicate if either was acute or chronic. You didn't differentiate between young and old.

Funny most Docs will know the general answers, but the actual percentages? Most of them would fail your little test by giving their own observations vs yours. Yet you want the general population is spit them out.

As evidenced repeatedly, you have a communication problem. You don't have to prove to us you know your stuff. You have to communicate it to your patients in a manner they trust your decisions. Looks like in many examples you failed the test.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who was the other alleged Md gun control freak from Oregon on here a few years ago? Perhaps we should set these two up in a date so they can spoon while looking longly at pictures of their "dear leader" Obama?

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Pugs, no need to stress ourselves.

Layman's diagnosis? The guy is full of chit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue
Pugs, no need to stress ourselves.

Layman's diagnosis? The guy is full of chit.

Enough with the technical talk! grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, I didn't vote for him. He's my representative through gerrymandering. They chopped up Salt Lake City so as to ensure no Democrat stands a chance to get elected. Jason needs to hear that his antics aren't appreciated by his more rational constituents. He spouts red meat crap, but comes off poorly. The expression on his face when he was called on his phony slide was priceless. We'll have a new slogan during our next election, "ABC, Anybody But Chaffetz".

Mr paddler, or should I now address you as Dr. paddler?
You seem to have really stepped in it and it is only getting deeper. Perhaps you might need taller boots? Or perhaps a pair of waders, Simms top of the line, at a minumum, for a gentleman such as yourself.

First a thought on the above....
Everyone's, I repeat everyone's, representative is a "representative through gerrymandering" It is the way our system is set up. Those in power get to draw the boundaries. They do not have to follow "logical" geographic boundaries, roads that divide populated areas, or anything that might make sense to those "represented". If my mind has not completely forgotten the details, or decided to change them to fit my desires, I believe the courts have spoken on this issue many times. Sometimes (a rather vague, nebulous word) the court will overturn some boundary or the other for a specific reason, many (vague again) times they will leave it as set by the ones in power. If and when your party comes back into power, they will gerrymander things to their benefit. If you don't like your present situation.... MOVE... you certainly have let us all know you probably have the wherewithall to accomplish that feat. (Perhaps you could join that TX professor? I hear there's bird shooting on the large island/small continent wink )

Next topic, the posted links to the reviews:
Wow, these guys here are being really tough on you. After all, on the first link, one reviewer gave you 5 stars! Yippeee. Oh, wait that's right, the others (all of them I think, I repeat all of them) gave you 1 star. OOPs, not so good Doc. And they should at least respect you for working for an outfit that hires courteous staff, I saw a 4 star rating there. But as much as that counts, I don't want to be seen or advised by a "one star doctor"

A bit off the present subject, but maybe relevant to your "personality?" Well, no, now that I looked back up at the title of the thread, this might very well be pertinent.

Having read numerous posts by you, I get the impression that your belief system might lie "slightly " to the left of center. I might hazard a guess that you are somewhat concerned with "the environment", basing that guess on photos of a human powered watercraft, the fact that you approve of walking to take grouse as opposed to riding around the countryside on an ATV. If you are an "environmentalist" or conservationist answer me this:

How do you justify FIVE friggin' fireplaces?

"That fireplace will never have wood burned in it. Smoke wouldn't be good for all the high end gear, and since there are no windows I don't think it would meet code. It will have a gas log, my wife will be buying it. Besides, the house has four other fireplaces, so it's no big deal."

If you aren't an "environmentalist" and don't care about our resources, I DO. Each and every one of those fireplaces has an environmental cost. Construction materials must be mined, quarried, "harvested from a forest". Energy must be provided for those operations, energy dug from the ground, taken from the wind, sucked from a wellhead, or extracted from the power of dammed up water. All of the above requires alteration in some way, shape, or form of the "environment" some of us folks enjoy "recreating" on ( granted, sometimes in our non-sporting ways blush ). Closing of hunting areas due to mineral extraction, loss of native fish habitat due to dams, closing of previous hunting areas due to "wind farming" (AZ antelope hunting in a unit down there). Shall I list more? All so you can have FIVE friggin' fireplaces. One of which will never see a log? Dude, you remind me of some of the yahoos I know of that have huge 4WD truck with multiple shocks per giant wheel,
off road tires, spare tire racks in the back, $2000 paint jobs and their truck will NEVER see a trail, much less even a graded gravel road. It's all for show (kinda like you?). Did I foget to mention it all comes at a cost to us peons? No, a smart person has figured that out already.

I wasn't going to bring up your "reasonable" proposal for eliminating events such as just occured in Oregon. But I'm about done so I might as well point out a view from my end.

You came to your present location from California. So did I (sorry guys, it happens to the best of us, at least dad got us out of NYC in '63!) so I know just little about that state. And I still have relatives there so I keep my eyes and ears open to the scene there. And I think I'm even still a member of the CA Rifle and Pistol Assoc, even tho I haven't even lived there since 1999. (just to help the poor folks there)

DO you honestly think that what you're proposing as reasonable will work? How are these working in CA?

1 Time Line of California Firearms Laws 1.1 Dealer's Record of Sale (DROS), 1924
1.2 Concealed weapons illegal without permit, 1924 and later
1.3 Loaded guns in public banned - Mulford Act, 1967
1.4 State pre-emption of the field of licensing and registration for guns, 1969
1.5 Firearms purchase waiting periods
1.6 First round of 'Assault Weapons' laws (by name): Roberti-Roos, 1990
1.7 Required Sales Through Dealers, 1991
1.8 Intra-family transfers, 1992?
1.9 Basic Firearms Safety Certificate, 1994
1.10 California Gun Free School Zones, 1994
1.11 License not required to own, 1996
1.12 Armor piercing handgun ammunition banned, 1996
1.13 Personal Handgun Importer 1998
1.14 Second round of 'Assault Weapons' laws (by feature): SB23, 2000
1.15 1 Handgun in 30 days 2000
1.16 Roster of Handguns (Safe Gun list), 2001
1.17 Handgun Safety Certificate, 2003
1.18 Open Carry of Unloaded Handguns Banned, 2011
1.19 Long Gun Registration, effective 2014
1.20 Open Carry of Unloaded Long Guns Banned, effective 2013
1.21 Firearms Safety Certificate, effective 2015

Notice 1.6 & 1.14 especially. They contain some items you suggest. How are they working in the state you used to reside in?

Here's a little list showing how well they are and these are just at "schools"

April 2, 2012: Oakland, Oikos University. Seven were killed and three injured by 43-year-old One Goh, a former student at the largely Korean Christian campus.

Oct. 8, 2010: Carlsbad, Kelly Elementary School. Two girls were wounded when Brendan Liam O’Rourke, 43, opened fire on a playground.

March 22, 2001: El Cajon, Granite Hills High School. Student Jason Hoffman, 18, opened fire at an administrative office, wounding five.

March 5, 2001: Santee, Santana High School. Student Charles "Andy" Williams, 15, came out of a boys bathroom and began firing a revolver, killing two fellow students and wounding 13 others.

Jan. 17, 1989: Stockton, Cleveland Elementary School. Patrick Purdy, 26, repeatedly fired onto school grounds during recess, killing five children and wounding 29 more and one teacher. He then killed himself.

Aug. 15, 1996: San Diego, San Diego State University. Graduate student Frederick Martin Davidson, 36, shot three of his professors dead during his thesis defense.

May 1, 1992: Olivehurst, Lindhurst High School. A former student at the school, Eric Houston, 20, walked into a school building and shot one teacher and three students, killing them. He wounded 10 others during an hours-long standoff with police.

Jan. 29, 1979: San Carlos, Grover Cleveland Elementary School. Sixteen-year-old Brenda Spencer opened fired on campus, from her home across the street, killing two adults and wounding eight children.

July 12, 1976: Fullerton, California State University, Fullerton. School janitor Edward Allaway opened fire with a rifle in the library, killing seven and wounding two.

Get the point? Probably not.

I have tried to remain polite as possible in my replies to your posts. I have attempted to give you the benefit of the doubt as to you probably being an OK guy. My best approach now is to no longer reply. The other guys and wyogal (?) have made it clear, as have the reviews of your practice, what type of person you at least "appear" to be (walks like a duck?). I won't what type you really are as we haven't met or had personal dealings.

If I ever happen to run into you in the field, I will recognize you by the wonderful firearm you are no doubt carrying and I will say hello to your dog. I will try to ignore you most likely. The dog probably had no say so as to who he was "blessed" to live with so I have no reason not to say hello. I'm sure he gets the best of food though. You, however, have a choice as to how to act towards other.

Good day to you. One of our other members had a suggestion that might be fitting for you now,

CLOSE POST
DO NOT POST

Geno

PS, sorry about the rant folks, he's kinda like some other guy that revently got my goat. I will continue to read this thread as it's getting hilarious as to how much abuse the good "doctor" (not for me) is willing to take.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I thought fecal impaction may have been a little too harsh.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Battue, I must thank you for the earlier post with pics of your dog and the "reasonably" priced grouse shooters!

I love a working dog, especially ones most folks think of as pets.

But you know that already.

Fecal Impaction? medical term for "full of s--t"?

You guys keep up the good work on "Doc". I'm done with him.

Geno

PS,give the dogs an extra pet for me tonight. I miss mine.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You nailed the definition.

Must however point out there is a world of difference between the English Cocker vs the American Cocker. The English for the most part have kept their hunting instincts and the line is improving with each passing year. Toby and Merlot are English. Hunters should avoid the American like a kid should avoid the paddle.

Will do.

Addition: Must admit he does have one pretty fine shotgun. Oooooo, that was difficult. grin

Last edited by battue; 10/09/15.

Page 20 of 24 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 55 invisible), 2,332 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,043
Posts18,500,820
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.