-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't come on here much anymore, but I'll comment on this..

E is an idiot.

It will take some serious work to kill a tikka. More than his imagination can ever accomplish.
I'm still in a amazement how someone can be absolutely caked with bulls for weeks and never get a shot off, all the while posting on the internet at 1:00 pm every day to tell the tales of his strenuous hunts.

I have had 4 tikkas. 3 shoot lights out. The 4th just got bought back by the factory. Chit happens. It wasn't the lug or the mounts or the magazine or shroud. I'll buy another. But this check is going towards a new 20 ga. shotgun. Probably a Benelli Monte.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
RL,

I just picked up a Benelli Monte in 20ga. Damn nice little shotgun.

As far as the Tikkas go, as I posted before, I see them as tools much more than my very nice wood M70s, etc. A scratch or two obtained from very rugged use is of no consequence. BUT they are rugged and relaible. I would put one up against any rifle in cold, dust, mud, snow, etc. Anyone who says these rifles are not dependable are just blowing crap out of their arse.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by postoak
Yes, I can't bring myself to own one. For just a little more you can get a Weatherby Vanguard which looks and feels like quality and is as accurate.

Originally Posted by Ken_L
See different strokes... I think the Weatherbys are gawd awful. I will never own one.

I've had three Vanguards. One was ? Weatherguard ? don't remember exactly the model name. They were all very good rifles. The wood stocked ones were HEAVY. I'll take LIGHT over heavy every day.

Yes, different strokes....

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Seriously? It's like saying "I can't warm up to a crescent wrench unless it handles like a Craftsman."

My wife carries a Sig 228, I carry two glocks for the same money.

She pays $$$ for mags, I pay next to nothing.

Shiznits hits the fan, there are Glock mags and parts everywhere, not so much for the Sig.

I'm in the process of converting to all Tikka t3 rifles or Ruger Americans. All are drills with respectable ammo, and I can have two to three for the price of one of the prettier guns.

I may keep a Kimber Montana around just for grins, but that's it.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I carry a G19 that was made in 1994 (gotta love the no finger groove, two pin frames) and hunt with my Tikka. It just isn't sexy.

Sexy doesn't kill chit anyhow......

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Tikka's feed slick and are accurate and in my limited experience, having hunted one season exclusively with one, reliable.

A couple of weeks ago, I pulled my latest '06 Tikka out of the box, installed 16Bore's rings and a 3-9 Conquest and headed to the range. I decided to do the clean and shoot break in method because sometimes I feel it helps a new barrel settle in and start shooting well more quickly. Though, I don't always do it, I don't always trust a barrel is shooting its best until it has 100 rounds or so for this reason. Usually, after 4-10 rounds of shooting using this clean/shoot method, copper fouling will drop dramatically and then I start shooting groups. The drop in fouling is rumored to be because the throat starts smoothing up, but I can't confirm that.

I shot the first shot and cleaned and no copper, second shot and cleaned and no copper and same with the third. I then shot a five shot group, which went 1/2" with a Nosler Partition load worked up for an expensive custom CRF rifle I have been pulling my hair out to get shoot less than 2" with any load.

Downside, I don't like not easily being able to see into the chamber through the small ejection port. Even with a limbsaver pad, I think they recoil hard, but maybe the stocks don't fit me as well as they do some. I don't like the plastic bolt stop, but I have not had one break, which is something I cannot say for three well known, $3,000 custom lightweight rifles built on downsized, custom actions.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Thems Tikka T3's look absolutely gorgeous in jet black Manners Elite Hunter stock - ings !

The "no soul" part is more applicable to those butt fugly Savages !
no amount of Manners lipstick or McMillan eye shadow can create convincing beauty, even if they steal Victorias secret .......

Last edited by Swamplord; 10/30/15.

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Between my Daughter and me we have 4 Tikkas of which she has three. A 308 hunter with cut down stock, Edwards recoil reducer. Limbsaver pad of Leupold scoped in 308. Her second is a 7mm mag lite again with limbsaver and Leupold. Her last one is a 7mm-08 lite compact again with a Leupold scope. You can't tear this one out of her hands she loves it so much. Which help the less than good stock I put on a got a grip cheek pad and finger grip strip and it really helped when mounting the rifle.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
All right, 4ager, that's enough. You are a lair.
You neglected to tell all that the man I killed had to be stopped by me at gun point from working over an off duty cop with a tire iron.
Said Bad Guy refused to submit to arrest. All lessor means of force failed. As per California case law at the time, 1971, "Police Officer have a duty to arrest those persons they have reasonable cause to believe have committed violent felonies, EVEN IF THEY HAVE TO KILL THEM WHILE IN FLIGHT."
After a long trial, from 1-2-72 until 2-4-72, they took a whole four and one half hours to reach a verdict of not guilty on both counts.....
Oh, and you forgot to tell all that I was also indicted for having an uncertified tear gas weapon. I was aquitted of that on the grounds of selective proscecution. In other words, we were ordered to ignore the law. So, probably ever cop in California had violated that law. I was the only one charged with that crime.
Now, you can believe the jury, or how about the polygraph exams which the two other cops took and passed as to what really happend. Or you can continue to tell lies about a case that was settled over 40 yrs. ago.
Oh, and I've never had my gun rights revoked or reinstated. E

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by coyote268
Between my Daughter and me we have 4 Tikkas of which she has three. A 308 hunter with cut down stock, Edwards recoil reducer. Limbsaver pad of Leupold scoped in 308. Her second is a 7mm mag lite again with limbsaver and Leupold. Her last one is a 7mm-08 lite compact again with a Leupold scope. You can't tear this one out of her hands she loves it so much. Which help the less than good stock I put on a got a grip cheek pad and finger grip strip and it really helped when mounting the rifle.

15 minutes with a rounded off soldering tip and the grip is mo grippy....

after and before, noted...

[Linked Image]

And here's shot's #2, slight windage adjustment, then #3, #4, and #5 out of a brand new rig with off the rack 75gr Horny's

Soul patrol.....

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and 52's and 50's. Still no soul..

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And 80's and 50's

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And a boring 30-06 and Scenars.

Ass-soul

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Better get rid of that one. It will eat at your soul until you can get it to shoot decent.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Ken_L
What are the differences between the T3 and the A7?

lots.......

http://www.biggamehunt.net/reviews/sako-a7-review

"after the bullet leaves the barrel it doesn't care what headstamp was on the case"
"The 221 Fireball is what the Hornet could have been had it stayed in school"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Differences based on that article? Yes. Advantages? Doesn't appear to be.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 16bore
Differences based on that article? Yes. Advantages? Doesn't appear to be.

This

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A fella with an '06 Tikka, SWFA, and a case of the new 178 ELD-X ammo would be on a long range gravy train.....

P
P
Mine has about about 80 souls - ~30 deer/antelope/elk, ~50 coyotes.... and counting.

Originally Posted by goalie
They are like the Glock of deer rifles to me.

My .308 shoots as well as some nice Palma rifles I've shot, but it has no soul.

That's fine, as it's a tool.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
People like rifles for different reasons, and they dislike rifles for probably just about as many reasons. Tikkas just don't appeal to me.

I don't dislike them, but neither do I like them enough to buy one. If someone gave me one, I would probably shoot it to see how it shot. I doubt that I would keep it, as I have rifles that I really like, for a variety of reasons, that shoot really well--probably as good as or better than your average Tikka.

Why that should make me good or bad, smart or dumb, in anyone's estimation escapes me.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I have owned a number of Tikka T3. 1-222, 1-223, 1-243, 3-6.5x55,1-25.06, 1-270wsm, 1-308, 1-338 Federal, 2 -300wsm.

Blued, Stainless, Laminate, Wood and Synthetic stocked. tried the B&C stock and a Boyd's Prairie Hunter stock as well. 2 of them had the set trigger option which was pretty slick.

They all shot well........

Have sold or traded them all, not sure just what it is, but I just don't like them enough to keep them.

Flyer

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (22kHornet, 1Longbow, 222ND, 12344mag, 160user, 257man, 46 invisible), 1,950 guests, and 1,108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,876
Posts18,478,877
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.