Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CCCC
For those who may have experienced a multitude of hours with and for Ken, this thread can be VERY interesting - and revealing.

unfortunately it is, isn't it?
all started to advise people of a guy's email address and a method of contacting him. And that's pretty much it. Perhaps i didn't word it properly.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 11/11/15.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
I persist in seeing little shots taken at Ken Howell, mainly from the normal suspects.

Your opening line wasn't meant to stir the pot?

All you needed to post was the second and third sentences.

He no longer posts on the campfire, but has email available.
Anyone wanting to ask him stuff personally, all you have to do is forward a request to me with your email address, and i will get it to him.

Last edited by Sauer200; 11/11/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This particular pot is easily stirred. Seems to be what some here live for. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by milespatton

This particular pot is easily stirred. Seems to be what some here live for. miles

Seems to me that Ken liked to stir the pot.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I only know Ken Howell from on here.

He's always seemed like a decent sort of guy to me,...although I occasionally got the impression that he was a bit miffed by my lack of etiquette.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Dr. Howell had my back when I defended Sarah Palin and her record.
His words were better than mine and I am grateful.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I do recall him having a short leash with people in that regard.

We only had a few brief exchanges, but I do remember some of the flare ups that involved others.

Last edited by KFWA; 11/11/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Sauer200
I persist in seeing little shots taken at Ken Howell, mainly from the normal suspects.

Ken Howell is the one stirring the pot.

Ron is his front man.

It seems "Woah is Me" still works for Ken.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by BrotherBart

Ken is a master at pissing down your back and telling that it's raining.

Ain't that the truth cool

B
BFD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

all started to advise people of a guy's email address and a method of contacting him. And that's pretty much it. Perhaps i didn't word it properly.

I think you worded it exactly right and got exactly the sort of response you expected.

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

I think I watched something like this on T&V for a couple minutes once.

"As The World Hurls" or some such thing.

It too was huge waste of time.

i spent more time writing this than reading it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have no idea who you are all talking about, but can't understand the thread being posted on every forum? How many places did you post it? 4? 5? Kind of odd.

Were you inundated with people trying to contact him? Did his friends all loose his contact info? New email or phone #? Does he no longer check PM's here? I don't recall a plethora of "Where's Howell" threads?

Seems an obvious bit of pot stirring to me. Not that I don't enjoy all the hand wringing and drama.

Carry on.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by joken2

Something that always struck me as rather curious as well as quite sad, though, based on a good number of his own posts over the years concerning his seeming ever present financial struggles, is how someone with his writing skills, technical knowledge, obvious high intellect, and especially with his advanced level of education, could wind up with so little in retirement income.

This.

And if he's in such poor health why don't his children help him out?

I just cant fathom slobbering over someone the way folks at the fire do over him.
I've seen people who worked all their lives to build stuff for themselves and their kids lose it all due to healthcare concerns. In this day and age of the ACA, I don't know why somebody would even ask. Trying to stay alive costs a helluva lot of money once you have some health issues and most folks do if they live long enough.

As for his kids helping him out, maybe they do. Who knows? The medical industry, insurance bigwigs and government will drain as many families as they can when somebody gets down health-wise. Maybe his kids have their own kids to think of. If I get in such shape, I'll be wanting my kids to think of their own before me. Sad, but it's just how it is.

Lots of people on here really know it all.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 11/11/15.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Something that always struck me as rather curious as well as quite sad, though, based on a good number of his own posts over the years concerning his seeming ever present financial struggles, is how someone with his writing skills, technical knowledge, obvious high intellect, and especially with his advanced level of education, could wind up with so little in retirement income.

This.

I just cant fathom slobbering over someone the way folks at the fire do over him.
I've seen people who worked all their lives to build stuff for themselves and their kids lose it all due to healthcare concerns. In this day and age of the ACA, I don't know why somebody would even ask. Trying to stay alive costs a helluva lot of money once you have some health issues and most folks do if they live long enough.

As for his kids helping him out, maybe they do. Who knows? The medical industry, insurance bigwigs and government will drain as many families as they can when somebody gets down health-wise. Maybe his kids have their own kids to think of. If I get in such shape, I'll be wanting my kids to think of their own before me. Sad, but it's just how it is.

Speaking for myself only, I don't know anything about Dr. Ken Howell's financial situation beyond what he has posted here himself.

In his own words just a few examples:
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...:__Heating_assistance_for_lo#Post8451693
I'm 83.

Disabled.

Get $750.55 a month Social Security. (no other monthly income)

No food stamps

On TV news � black kid in New York City gets four figures a month Social Security (he's what? Twenties?)

plus Medicare, Medicaid, and food stamps!)

??????????????????????????????????????????

(Thanks to shadow soup made with dehydrated water, I manage to handle $6++/month propane [and other] bills.)

There must be, apparently, a hidden WASP tax. Or a special hidden Black-Kid Social Security.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...:_Musings_on_the_definitions#Post4663029
My regular income is a little pocket money more than seven hundred a month.

My bank balance is 'way shy of five hundred.

My custom Mausers and other "valuable" arms are useless to me.

So are the hundreds or thousands of books in my very eclectic library.

My tons of material possessions are gigantic "Oregon boots."

My wife died twenty-one years ago.

Our daughters and son are far distant, and I hear almost nothing from them.

But I have the assurance of eternity to discover and to enjoy the blessings of limitless wealth.

Come soon, Lord!

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...:_Perry's_Right...SS_Is_A_Po#Post5626162
Scott, you're in worse shape than I am, but that fact doesn't give me one wee sip of pleasure!

I've made it past eighty, 95% or more permanently disabled physically, totally dependent on Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, and teetering rather shakily between home health care and full-time incarceration in some kind of imaginary-care facility. ('Tain't easy bein' senile! )

I think that the logical way to reform Social Security would be to limit it to the unfunctionably disabled whose other income is less than a certain legislated cut-off figure, and to distribute it evenly, not in proportion to former incomes.

My only monthly income is $750 from Social Security � not enough to get fat again.

And the best first move is to send a whole new team onto the field in November, next year, and hope that we survive until Inauguration Day 2013!

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
There are some absolutely shameless sunzabitches here. Wow.

The ironic bringing in of family, constantly, to the argument by some is stunning, as well. At least Blaine had the decency to just leave when he crossed that line so badly.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

This.

Thanks!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by oulufinn

The ironic bringing in of family, constantly, to the argument by some is stunning, as well. At least Blaine had the decency to just leave when he crossed that line so badly.

I simply am curious as to why his family isn't helping him out.I didn't disparage them in any way.

Some people get sandy manginas. Sheesh!

Last edited by Sauer200; 11/11/15.
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CCCC
For those who may have experienced a multitude of hours with and for Ken, this thread can be VERY interesting - and revealing.

unfortunately it is, isn't it?

I will repeat, perhaps i didn't word it properly the words were mine, not his. But i knew the mere mention of his name would bring out certain posts.
The reason why i posted it on THREE forums is those are the forums I most go to, and there are people that only go to certain forums, not the general campfire. My choice again, not his. But i wanted people to see the request that frequented those forums.
Heck, i should have left out part of the original post. Same thing would have happened anyway.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O

I simply am curious as to why his family isn't helping him out.I didn't disparage them in any way.

That's not really what I was speaking of, as it didn't have the usual caustic tone of some others. Ain't no sand up in hurra! cool

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

That's not really what I was speaking of, as it didn't have the usual caustic tone of some others. Ain't no sand up in hurra! cool

Got it. And for the record I agree with you in regards to slandering family.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1234, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,450 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,939
Posts18,519,044
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.