Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by carbon12
Originally Posted by deflave
Where'd Ken get his PhD from?

Dave

IIRC, Ken never completed his dissertation for a Ph.D. The school where he was conducting his studies went belly-up before he could complete it. Ken does have a Th.D., a doctoral degree in Theology which was based on his studies in hermeneutics. The Th.D. is from the same school that went belly-up. Don't recall the name of the school.

So his doctoral degree is in bullchit?
There are several doctoral level degrees one can get. A ThD is a Doctorate of Theology. So Ken is a Dr. by virtue of his doctoral degree in Theology. He doesn't need a PhD to legitimately be called "Doctor Howell".

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
Originally Posted by CCCC
For those who may have experienced a multitude of hours with and for Ken, this thread can be VERY interesting - and revealing.

unfortunately it is, isn't it?
all started to advise people of a guy's email address and a method of contacting him. And that's pretty much it. Perhaps i didn't word it properly.

You worded it exactly how Ken would, but of course it was a strictly harmless post only notifying people of his email address.

CLASSIC Ken Howell, passive/aggressive in your original post.

Except he did not list the email address.

I find these threads proclaiming "I am leave" to be self serving with little to no good achieved. If one is leaving, just leave without all the drama.

Please show my where Ken said he was leaving. I cannot find that post.

Thanks in advance.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Here we go again with another testimonial but...I've never met Ron in person, but have interacted with him here on the fire for years. More so than I ever did with Ken. Ron is one of the most solid guys on the fire. He doesn't jump to conclusions or fly off the handle. Regardless of what anybody thinks of Ken, I'm quite sure that Ron did what he thought was right in this situation.

I've met Ron and Ken both.

I got the same email Ron got.

If he wanted to stir the pot, there was material in there that would have served THAT purpose if he had simply copied it.

In this instance, at least, it appears Ron was just doing something Ken asked of some of us.

I declined. It's proven to be a wise choice.

Strange that Dr. Howell can read and reply to emails, yet does not come to the Fire and do the same thing right here.

As for whatever material was in the emails, I hope whatever it was brings him comfort to have shared such with his group of friends.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I do not look for perfection in those I socialize with. I do not look for perfection in those I communicate with. If I did I would never again be able to talk to myself nor answer when I do.

If perfection is what is required here then why in the flying hell do any of you respond to me?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
There are some lonely, sad little people on this site. This thread proves it and I ain't necessarily talking about Dr.Howell. It's amazing how many folks look for cyber friendships only to be disappointed. Perhaps the need for cyber friends is a result of folks lacking anything meaningful in their lives and a symptom of their real life failures. I have met some good folks thru this site and others but nothing close to bffs. That could be why all the friends I have are folks I've known for years. I think my "newest buddy" and I have been friends for over 10 years. My oldest friendship is almost 40 years old. Not bad for a guy that'll be 45 in a couple months. These real life friends have been "tested" through real experiences, real successes and real failures. The cyber world of bffs is an open invitation for disappointment. Imo

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
There are some lonely, sad little people on this site. This thread proves it and I ain't necessarily talking about Dr.Howell. It's amazing how many folks look for cyber friendships only to be disappointed. Perhaps the need for cyber friends is a result of folks lacking anything meaningful in their lives and a symptom of their real life failures. I have met some good folks thru this site and others but nothing close to bffs. That could be why all the friends I have are folks I've known for years. I think my "newest buddy" and I have been friends for over 10 years. My oldest friendship is almost 40 years old. Not bad for a guy that'll be 45 in a couple months. These real life friends have been "tested" through real experiences, real successes and real failures. The cyber world of bffs is an open invitation for disappointment. Imo

Sums somemany things up clearly and concisely.

FJB & FJT
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Dave

IIRC, Ken never completed his dissertation for a Ph.D. The school where he was conducting his studies went belly-up before he could complete it. Ken does have a Th.D., a doctoral degree in Theology which was based on his studies in hermeneutics. The Th.D. is from the same school that went belly-up. Don't recall the name of the school.

There are several doctoral level degrees one can get. A ThD is a Doctorate of Theology. So Ken is a Dr. by virtue of his doctoral degree in Theology. He doesn't need a PhD to legitimately be called "Doctor Howell".

Not exactly what S200 asked but thanks all the same.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Dave

Huh? I thought he was a Gynecologist........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Scott F
I do not look for perfection in those I socialize with. I do not look for perfection in those I communicate with. If I did I would never again be able to talk to myself nor answer when I do.

If perfection is what is required here then why in the flying hell do any of you respond to me?

Cause yer funny lookin'.

To much?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
OK, so that's one reason. smile

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
OK, so that's one reason. smile

Because you don't have your sycophants do your bidding?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"sycophants"

What da fugg crazy elephants got to do with anything?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For someone who continually professed his Christianity he could sure turn nasty in a hurry, especially if you weren't one of his sycophants.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by MadMooner
"sycophants"

What da fugg crazy elephants got to do with anything?

Hey blame my pappy. He said iffin I don't use one of them college words he paid fer at least once a week I get a kick in the azz. Since it's Thursday i figgered I better throw one out.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by n007
For someone who continually professed his Christianity he could sure turn nasty in a hurry, especially if you weren't one of his sycophants.
You'd be surprised how physical ailments, especially chronic pain, can affect a person's mental state.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
You'd be surprised how physical ailments, especially chronic pain, can affect a person's mental state.

Or just brings out their real personality?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yep, I am a [bleep].

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I've tried not to step in it with this thread, but that just nails it. I don't know what I did to offend Ken other than not praising him, but his posts to me were at best cold and dismissive.

I've been at the side of several family members and friends dying of cancer, certainly a painful experience and I'd say it's more likely to bring out a persons true ways rather then turn them into someone they are not.

Ken's treated people the way he has as long as he's been on the campfire.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yep, I am a [bleep].

You don't try to hide that fact. I can respect that!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Or just brings out their real personality?

Unfortunately from things I have read and others I have spoken to, you are correct.

But then all of the repercussions are his, and his alone to bear, like all of us. What, and who were are, follows us in ways we never even fathom till they come home to roost.

Sad when you think not a one of us ever set out to be anything but a friend or at the least a good acquaintance.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (2500HD, 1234, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 12344mag, 63 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,942
Posts18,519,095
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.