Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Scott F

It must hurt some folks the Ken has friends. I count myself one of them and I have noted sever people I know face to face and respect seem to feel the same way I do. Nobody ever said he was perfect, none of who like him think they are perfect. Perhaps you would be happier if you just used your ignore feature. Start with Ken and I and see if it doesn't get any better. wink

What? And miss all the fun to be had on the Freak Forum?

I thought it notable that Ken's Christianity shines through even when he is lurking in cognito.

Isn't having apostles to do your bidding, while faux in abstentia , somewhat exactly Christ-like?

I am far from Amish, so shunning is not in my skill set.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Like I said, I know the man and I like him. If you don't then that is fine with me but it seems my liking him is not so fine with you. I give up on this topic.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Like I said, I know the man and I like him. If you don't then that is fine with me but it seems my liking him is not so fine with you. I give up on this topic.

Your narcissism needs the gain dialed back. My posts were not about you.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I knew Howell was a genuine azzhole the first time I read his blathering. I've got precious little use for azzholes no matter who they are or what they know.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn

What, and who were are, follows us in ways we never even fathom till they come home to roost.

Very insightful. I've been taking stock before it's to late to make a difference.

As I have been, life catches up with you early sometimes, and therein lies the chance to change what can be changed, make amends where they can be mended, and be better and stronger in ways in our lives where we were/are weak.

It is far from easy, but one day at a time.

As we get older, I've noticed that we get far less patient and generous with those who we think are wrong.

I have seen it in my grandfather, who was laid up for three years before he passed away and got quite nasty, my father and now myself. Right or wrong, when we encounter what we think is BS, we are more inclined to say so. grin

My, am I ever offending my old liberal classmates these days!

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I have a fairly lenient definition of character.

Pretty much the bottom line for me, concerning character is, one shouldn't mean mouth someone who is less of an azzhole than they are.

I frequently see some fairly serious azzholes mean mouthing people who aren't even in the same category as they are.

,...shows bad character to do that.

I try to keep my criticisms of people confined to those who are obviously a bigger azzhole than I am.

It's tough,....but I locate one every now and then.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Does Ken Howell own any bulls?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Funny how some of the same people that despise Ken Howell "because he's an azzhat" LOVE Big Stick because he's an azzhat.

I'm pretty sure I know the reason why.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
You should see me face to face and then you could tell right off I am a big a$$hole. The worst kind. Fact is you should just put me on ignore for the betterment of your life. grin

You are better than I. Mere words on a forum claim me as such.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Intermisson:

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by carbon12
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Pretty funny,...

The guy hasn't posted on here in a while, didn't start this thread, yet people still get worked up like a nest of red wasps at just the drop of his name. One Opinionated geriatric gets some of you foaming at the mouth without typing a single word.

Life's too short people. Unplug, go sit in a tree-stand for a while or go toss a crappie jig.

Ken did not start this thread but he solicited his apostles to do so. One was found willing and did so on several forums no less.

Ken solicited this????

kinda like I gather you believe there are monsters in your closet when you sleep also...

now we get down to the real gist of it all...

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by carbon12
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Pretty funny,...

The guy hasn't posted on here in a while, didn't start this thread, yet people still get worked up like a nest of red wasps at just the drop of his name. One Opinionated geriatric gets some of you foaming at the mouth without typing a single word.

Life's too short people. Unplug, go sit in a tree-stand for a while or go toss a crappie jig.

Ken did not start this thread but he solicited his apostles to do so. One was found willing and did so on several forums no less.

Ken solicited this????

kinda like I gather you believe there are monsters in your closet when you sleep also...

now we get down to the real gist of it all...

Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Here we go again with another testimonial but...I've never met Ron in person, but have interacted with him here on the fire for years. More so than I ever did with Ken. Ron is one of the most solid guys on the fire. He doesn't jump to conclusions or fly off the handle. Regardless of what anybody thinks of Ken, I'm quite sure that Ron did what he thought was right in this situation.

I've met Ron and Ken both.

I got the same email Ron got.

If he wanted to stir the pot, there was material in there that would have served THAT purpose if he had simply copied it.
In this instance, at least, it appears Ron was just doing something Ken asked of some of us.

I declined. It's proven to be a wise choice.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Nice try Sherlock...

but that is a stretch...

kind of in the vein of Bill Clinton's Famous Quote....

" Well it depends on your definition of IF...."

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Seafire
Nice try Sherlock...

but that is a stretch...

kind of in the vein of Bill Clinton's Famous Quote....

" Well it depends on your definition of IF...."

Your kidding right ? Curdog4570 made the statement, no one added to it, detracted from it, or altered it in any way. Why would Curdog4570 say what he said knowing full well he would be under the hail of hatred if it wasn't true ?

He wouldn't, he is not a stupid man, he is an honest man.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Sooo, Ken doesn't have a PhD?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty funny,...

This is the most telling post on this whole thread, and Ken solicited none of this unless there was a separate email to do so. I was party to the original email from Ken, and Ron posted about it before I got the chance. Y'all are all horned up about what Ron said, not anything that Ken said. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis
I don't know of Ken ever claiming to have had a PhD. Evidently he was close to getting one at some institution that went belly up. I think Ken said he has a ThD which is a Doctoral degree just like a PhD is. There are other Doctoral degrees too. Whether you respect a degree in religion or not, other disciplines can have their own doctorates. An EdD for instance, is a Doctorate in Education which is every bit as hard to earn as a PhD. I expect you could get a PhD in various subsets of education at different institutions. They're all doctoral degrees. A nearly unknown doctorate is a PsyD which is a Doctorate in Psychology. One can get a PhD in Psychology too. The PsyD is thought to be more clinically oriented than the more academic and research oriented PhD.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a VhD, BTW.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis
I don't know of Ken ever claiming to have had a PhD. Evidently he was close to getting one at some institution that went belly up. I think Ken said he has a ThD which is a Doctoral degree just like a PhD is. There are other Doctoral degrees too. Whether you respect a degree in religion or not, other disciplines can have their own doctorates. An EdD for instance, is a Doctorate in Education which is every bit as hard to earn as a PhD. I expect you could get a PhD in various subsets of education at different institutions. They're all doctoral degrees. A nearly unknown doctorate is a PsyD which is a Doctorate in Psychology. One can get a PhD in Psychology too. The PsyD is thought to be more clinically oriented than the more academic and research oriented PhD.

Is this how they say "no" in Kansas?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
In the end, Ken has himself, and only himself, a self that he created, a self that he lives with everyday, a self that brought him to this point, a self that I am sure if he was to tell the truth, he would admit it is hell on earth.

There is not a degree on this earth, that could do him any good, in any way now. His life is what it is, he is who he is, and that takes no degree to realize.

Sad, but true.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 25aught6, 10gaugeman, 117LBS, 51 invisible), 2,443 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,924
Posts18,518,884
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.