-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Fondled one like Don's today pretty hard, except it had the laser under the barrel. Damn. Shoulda never touched it.

Last edited by local_dirt; 10/28/15.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mine came with the laser. I thought it would be funner than it was. When I put on the Tacsol, the laser got tossed on the ruger SR22.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
That is good info but I gotta say, the trigger on mine is pretty GD UBER as it sits.

Travis

Ditto.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My tax stamp finally came through smile and I've got my Buckmark all pimped out with TaSol barrel, Sparrow-SS can and a Trijicon RMR. Now how to carry it? Seems the choices are few. I contacted Battlecloth but they're not too keen on making one to fit with optics. What did you guys with cans figure out for holsters?

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Damn, you are pimped.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Tmitch,

For mine I am going full custom. I can have him make more than one if anybody is interested.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by huntsman22
baby got new shoes......

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Don...gotta say that in this configuration that is one of THE BEST looking .22 pistolas I have ever seen...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Tmitch,

For mine I am going full custom. I can have him make more than one if anybody is interested.

Travis

Interested. Post or PM me some details.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Tmitch,

Travis

You talking about Norm? I have it on good authority he now has a pattern for the Buckmark and can accommodate a can...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
After reading this, I bought a Buckmark and thought a comparison between a Ruger Mark III Competition Target Model and Ruger Mark II Government Target Model, all of which I own, would be interesting. I should have included an S&W Model 41 to make it an even better .22 target pistol comparison, but didn't think to at the time.

I shot several different kinds of ammo but all three shot best with my standby for accurate plinking ammo, CCI Standard Velocity.

I apologize for the long post, but here goes.

Buckmark:

Nice gun with a decent trigger and good ergos, though the grips are a little bulky for my fingers, which are toward the short size of medium length. I bought the 7.25" heavy barrel and think it to be a little barrel heavy. I would have gone 5.5" if I had it to do over. Here's 10 shots at 25 yards.

[Linked Image]

Ruger Mark III:

I like the balance of the 6 7/8" "slabside" best of all. Decent trigger (comparable to the Buckmark). I had a couple of malfunctions. Maybe because the gun had never been fired and needed breaking in, but I'm not sure. Unlike some, neither the loaded chamber indicator nor the lock give me any problems on these and I like the updated mag release. Due to a malfunction, here is a 9-shot group at 25.

[Linked Image]

The Winner: Ruger Mark II Government Target

The balance is great for me. The trigger is better than the other two, but I bought this used so maybe somebody worked on it. The Government Model with its special chamber really lives up to its accuracy reputation. I don't love the mag release but can live with it. 10 shots at 25 yards below. I'm not sure what caused the one flyer. Maybe it was the first shot. The other 9 shots mostly in one hole make up for it and this gun consistently shoots like this.

[Linked Image]

I definitely prefer the Government Model because of its accuracy and balance. I could live with either the Buckmark or Mark III, but have a slight preference for the Ruger over the Browning, probably having to do with greater familiarity with the platform than anything.

IC B3

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
JGray,

Nice work dude! And yes, I was referring to Norm.

Tmitch,

That's what I'll be buying. I'm going to call Norm and ask if he can add on the additional length needed for the can.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Nice shooting DMD.

Travis

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
JGray,

Nice work dude! And yes, I was referring to Norm.

Tmitch,

That's what I'll be buying. I'm going to call Norm and ask if he can add on the additional length needed for the can.

Travis

I did ask him exactly that (thinking of you blush ). When I left mine with him to make the pattern, I told him I knew of a couple others who may want same to work with a can, so he had that in mind when working this up. He'll need a measurement from the muzzle (with the can on) to the breech. Then he'll need a measurement from same on muzzle to where you want the notch for the optic to end (front of optic, mount, rail, etc.). The location of the snap on the strap is critical, so he'll make it and send it to you less snap. He'll tell you how to mark the snap location with gun in holster, then have you send it back to him to finish it. In our case, we're close enough to just bring it when you pick it up in person. Takes him all of a minute or two to do the snap.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

Picked up a BuckMark Plus UDX yesterday. It was missing the front sight lite pipe so they dropped the price a pile. Called Browning and they are sending me a bunch of new ones. Browning Canada said they had 550 of these on back order.

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I had a reg Buckmark. I ran SuperX in it, then when a buddy bought it he ran CCI. He shot the livin' crap out of that gun. Ran fine.

Only probs I had:

1. swapped rear sight rail out for Weigand scope mount. 2 screws loosened up in a match, so blue Loctited after that (no prob).

2. Trigger not the best (rather have a target model with adj sear and slap a field bbl on it for a hunting rig).

Pops has a 5.5" and a 14"........is gonna dump 'em.
Id rather have the 10" Varmint model.

Like the older full grip frame rigs best, but not with the wrap around wood fingergroove grips.

Rugers? Not hard to take apart. Learned it as a kid.
Had a couple of MK1 target models, a Davidson's Great Eight 22/45 (old frame sucked, new frame OK- wish I'd have kept it now). My old AMT Lighting 10.5" was super accurate- squirrel killin' machine.

But it was also.............AMT. It'd screw up sometimes and flubbing on a big chuck more than once meant it had to go bye bye.

Last edited by hookeye; 02/27/16.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by SamSteele
[Linked Image]

Picked up a BuckMark Plus UDX yesterday. It was missing the front sight lite pipe so they dropped the price a pile. Called Browning and they are sending me a bunch of new ones. Browning Canada said they had 550 of these on back order.

SS

Go to an archery shop. They should have fiber optics to fix bow sights.
My LGS is also an archery shop, they do this rather often.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Of the Rugers, the 6 7/8" tapered bull is my fave.
Had a minty MK1, sold it to my hunting bud for what I paid.
Will get a MK2 and have it drilled and tapped (or find a MK3 version).

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ended up shooting it without the front fiber optic pin. 20 shots at 20 yards.

[Linked Image]

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
New leather:

A lot like JGray's. Only bigger.

[Linked Image]

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ooooh. that's biiiggggg.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

130 members (7887mm08, 44mc, 10Glocks, 35, 300_savage, 14idaho, 11 invisible), 1,043 guests, and 954 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,414
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.