Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Printed on a T-shirt worn by some character in some TV show, as I flitted through the channels last night looking for something worth watching.

The commies in Hollyweird never miss an opportunity to indoctrinate.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Capitalism is too broad a concept to classify as good or evil. There are forms that are evil and forms that are good. Free market capitalism is what America is supposed to stand for. It means that the economy isn't centrally planned by "experts," but is rather allowed to self regulate by something akin to natural forces rooted in human nature. Crony capitalism, however, involves a lot of tinkering by government and banking "experts" (technocrats), and is in reality what we now have in the US. This power to tinker invariably leads to corruption by means of the super wealthy class gaining control of the tinkering process to their own advantage, leading to a concentration of wealth in few hands and a shrinking middle class. Sound familiar?

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I don't think the concept of "shrinking middle class" holds much water.

The American populace is the wealthiest the world has ever known. And that includes those living under the .Gov defined poverty line.

My Grandparents worked 16 hour days, six days a week scratching a living out of the dirt on eighty acres to keep their family of eight fed, clothed and warm. The entire family in a two bedroom cinder block home built by their own hands.

They had running water and an inside toilet, and so were considered upper middle class in these parts.

Today a person earns less than what the gov't calls poverty. But they have never cut a stick of firewood in their life, have never shoveled taters out of the dirt for their kids dinner.

They work 25 to 40 hours a week, get a nine thousand dollar tax refund check, gov't assistance with heat bills, groceries, and rent.

They spend 100 hours a week in front of the TV, gaming system, or computer. They carry a six hundred dollar smart phone around and pay $150-$300/month phone bill. And if they have ever missed a meal in their life.......it is only because their drug/alcohol habit took precedence over eating.

And they call them self poor. And WORSE, Obama calls them poor.

When the inevitable collapse of our artificially inflated economic system does occur. A BUNCH of folks are going to find out just exactly what the definition of poor is.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
those are some pertinent and poignant thoughts Idaho

well said

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

well said

Yep. My maternal Grandmother on the right happily working her azz off in a cannery circa 1950.

[Linked Image]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Yep

Just today, again, had a fat couple ahead of me using food debit card to buy stuff ( chips, cola, pastries, some kind of food schit. ) then went and bought 50 dollars of lotto tickets

Their two kids were fat and both had smart phones

Poor starving merikans

Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
I don't think the concept of "shrinking middle class" holds much water.

The American populace is the wealthiest the world has ever known. And that includes those living under the .Gov defined poverty line.

My Grandparents worked 16 hour days, six days a week scratching a living out of the dirt on eighty acres to keep their family of eight fed, clothed and warm. The entire family in a two bedroom cinder block home built by their own hands.

They had running water and an inside toilet, and so were considered upper middle class in these parts.

Today a person earns less than what the gov't calls poverty. But they have never cut a stick of firewood in their life, have never shoveled taters out of the dirt for their kids dinner.

They work 25 to 40 hours a week, get a nine thousand dollar tax refund check, gov't assistance with heat bills, groceries, and rent.

They spend 100 hours a week in front of the TV, gaming system, or computer. They carry a six hundred dollar smart phone around and pay $150-$300/month phone bill. And if they have ever missed a meal in their life.......it is only because their drug/alcohol habit took precedence over eating.

And they call them self poor. And WORSE, Obama calls them poor.

When the inevitable collapse of our artificially inflated economic system does occur. A BUNCH of folks are going to find out just exactly what the definition of poor is.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
And complete bullshyt too. I know because I've lived goddam poor in my life and not so long ago. So do a bunch of people I know presently. They do things like not eat lunch all week at work because they can't afford to, despite the fact they work full time. Heat their home all winter with an electric space heater because they can't afford to have fuel oil delivered. Run bald tires on their rusted out old junkers because they can't afford new ones. And they don't get any goddam big tax returns if they don't have any kids. The list goes on but you get the drift.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
In true capitalism should a group of business owners be allowed to control entry into an industry?

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Eisenhower came back from Germany after WWII and was very impressed with the Autobahn.When he became president he devoted alot of time and effort to build our interstate highway system.
Ever notice that no other country has a interstate highway system like we do.
Ever wonder why?
No nation has ever built a highway system like we have, because they never had the resources to build one.
You have to go back to Ancient Rome to find a nation devoting those kind of resources to a road system.
The resources Eisenhower used to build the interstate highway system came from taxes paid by middle class, middle income manufacturing jobs in there thousands.
Manufacturing, make a product there is a demand for, and sell it at a profit.
Capitalism.Grow it,Mine it or make it...
The USA once a powerhouse of manufacturing, is now a shell of what it once was.
Outsourcing and free trade are how you take a nation that was capable of building a interstate highway system 50 years ago.
To a nation that wants a 15 dollar minimum wage and thinks they can live on it.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
My t-shirt says:

Making a profit builds the economy.

;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
The good Samaritan could do what he did because he had money. ;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
My t-shirt says:

Making a profit builds the economy.

;-{>8

You ain't got a [bleep] t-shirt.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
And complete bullshyt too. I know because I've lived goddam poor in my life and not so long ago. So do a bunch of people I know presently. They do things like not eat lunch all week at work because they can't afford to, despite the fact they work full time. Heat their home all winter with an electric space heater because they can't afford to have fuel oil delivered. Run bald tires on their rusted out old junkers because they can't afford new ones. And they don't get any goddam big tax returns if they don't have any kids. The list goes on but you get the drift.

So, they have shelter, heat, electricity, clean drinking water, a car, a full time job, access to medical care, and the premise that the American poor are the wealthiest in the world is complete bullshyte?

Interesting...

Now, before you try and tell me that I don't have a clue, you should know that I lived in the bed of a rusted out pick up with my brother for a while growing up.

I've lived out of one of those rusted out cars with a flat and dead battery that I couldn't afford to replace. I'm intimately familiar with all sorts of levels of deprevation.

Without the generosity of others I wouldn't be here today. The premise is completely true.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I didn't say anything about clean water or medical care. Some go without that too. I know because I have. How long in the back of a pickup ? I lived in a pickup camper {no pickup} from April to December one year. No electricity, no running water. Shyt in the woods like a bear. Bathed in the creek like a duck. Cooked over an open fire everyday while I saved up so I could afford to rent an apartment for winter. Meanwhile I was working full time. It weren't no goddam picnic.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
15 months in Upstate NY

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Somebody is confused, the T-Shirt should have said

Government is Organized Crime[color:#009900][/color]

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prezactly!

Turdlike, by default.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
15 months in Upstate NY
It don't count when it's in your parents back yard.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It wasn't.

Dad was unemployed for 13 months. No house or property.

Turdlike, by default.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

730 members (16gage, 16Racing, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 67 invisible), 2,540 guests, and 1,367 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,842
Posts18,478,152
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.