Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Big Stick

g,

Purty good .378" boltface shootout today,with SAAMI 17Rem,223AI and 270 being WELL represented.

Good on ya'.

Better n' me. I had to go shake a money tree. LOL

But speaking of small fry..........

I play with a few now n' then.........

[Linked Image]

And a trio of Cooper Hornets,
Bottom's up, 17 Ackley, 19 Calhoon, 22 Hornet.

[Linked Image]

I've a Tac-20........

[Linked Image]

but my absolute fave is the 20 Vartarg........

[Linked Image]

Cooper Model 21 Varminter, 20 Vartarg

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 12/01/15.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
HR IC

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
[Linked Image]

Big snake, I can scare the crap out of my wife with that one!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by 14Homer
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Lookin' for an update on all things 17 Remington here.

I have been shooting a 17 Remington for some time. I love it. I bought it some years ago for fox hunting and it has been great. Several of my friends also use it.

On fox it generally goes in one side and doesn't go out the other. Quick kills without a lot of pelt damage.

That's pretty short on details. What powders, bullets, etc. please?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Is this the thread where I can post pics of all my guns lined up and tell everyone here how stupid they are?

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

All of you are dummies.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
DD,

17's are "cute".

Pass the 223AI,when talking a .378" boltface...and the 17WSM when talking Jacketed Rimfires,as that bitch is AMAZING.

Hint.............

'7Man,

The 5rd AM's in issued guise,are of lesser COAL than say the schitty AICS 10rd poly's(2.500"),but their design lends them to being flexible in COAL latitude.

AM's are essentially AICS 5rd steel mags,wearing a 2pc splined poly insert,to arrange feedlip geometry and take binderless 2.975" COAL mag shells,down towards their issued 2.325" COAL. The design is Skookum,they wear well and COAL flexibility is easily arranged.

[Linked Image]

Left to right: OEM AM opened to nearly 2.500" COAL(easy to go further),OEM issued guise,AICS 308 mag and it's fore binder plate with 7-08AI/162 smooch,which do add rigidity..but steals mightily from COAL capabilities.

[Linked Image]

Very easy to simply plunge cut the fore AM OEM poly liner,to eek desired COAL and it'll take about 3 seconds to do so,less having to pull the magazine apart,down to it's basic components.

[Linked Image]

The centerfeed design feeds like it has eyes,the poly liner is fhuqking bulletproof,while being very easy on brass and they lock/mate well in all of my DBM bottom metals of various Manufacture,which is more than a schitload.(grin)

I'm patiently awaiting the unveiling of their 5rd 6BR magazine,which is along similar premise(as per phone conversations with 'em) and should be exceptionally well received. I pleaded my case for 2.450" COAL latitude there by design,but I'm dubious in that regard...so I reckon it'll be a Modded Show too,for them exceeding Lazy RPM's.

The AM 223 mags are without fhuqking peer,do not linger.

Hint..................

'Homer,

Drive a stake at the foot of your couch this mornin' and see if your kchunt even moves.

Didja' want that answer now,or wouldja' prefer to wait in "suspense". Laughing!

Bless your heart.

You Do Nothing Dumbfhuqks are a hoot!..............

taylor,

Funnier than fhuqk,that your pointy head,crossed-eyes and gaping maw...could confuse laughing at your BEST "efforts",with ANYTHING else. Congratulations?!?

Dumb Fhuqk,EVERY rifle/optics platform has a mechanical ceiling,where POA/POI intersections run outta erector travel and/or subtension latitude.

Case in point. Not all these 54's have a like POA/POI intersection ceiling and it runs from right at the 500yd line to the 725yd line,with the exact same lot of like ammo and a 50yd zero for all. Hint.

Pardon my being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess,as you set on the sidelines and get the sweet "satisfactions" of getting to Whine about it,because you are devoid a first fhuqking clue. You "lucky" bitch. Laughing!

You can hear the UNsonic Boom,when the fodder slips transonic. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

I get it,that them facts are beyond your "abilities","means" and "comprehension" to understand...which is assuredly just one,of many points. Hint. You broke dick minimum wage turd polishers are at the hilarious mercy,of using yourselves as a barometer of evaluation and "all" that "savvy" to "critique" a platform. What in the fhuqk are you going to do with a Lazy Twisted Salvage,with a piece of fhuqking schit scope and mounts? Do tell,because the keen "insight" will be FUNNIER than fhuqk. Hint.

Now I don't get to shoot NEARLY as "much" as you Do Nothing Dumbfhuqks "do",but I assuredly do shoot more than all of you Clueless Kchunts bolted together. Hint. Here's a quote,you'll not wanna botch: "Spent primers remain THE Supreme Tutorial". Hint.

I'm glad that 2K ruins your day,but 50.6 Mils of ele is easily arranged. Google it. Laughing!

But in fairness,I've only (1) rifle and I groove on The Do Nothing Gang's firsthand "findings" and "hard charging" ways.

At least you can afford to read about it.

GOOD talk.

Laughing!..................

Shefire,

You "forgot" about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore...again. I'll feign my "surprise" that you went wayyyyyyyyyy outta your way to refrain any/all things The Rifle and hopped right in with your never ending Vagina Monologue. What were the "odds"?!? Laughing!

Besides being a Clueless Fhuqk,you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. At least Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can afford to contribute.

Congratulations?!?

Be sure to include pics of your next Big Weekend Trip,as you brazenly tote Stupidity,to places it's never been before. Laughing!

I remain torn on which is fhuqking funnier,the Silence or Whining Excuses?!?

You go girl!

The rain sounds like an 1141-S Day and I'll try not to get sidetracked with Otters & Bucks. Google it.

Film at 11:00,so you can add more pics to your album. Ooops! You "can't read this",due your highly sensationalized Imaginary Pretend Ignore.

Laughing!!!!.....................

g,

I'm at ease in cutting Money Trees down.

Coopers suck heavy ass,I suffer 'em...though nothing in mounts that fhuqking schitty.

[Linked Image]

When the 20Tac was first unveiled,a pard took the bait and removed all doubt in regards to how much ass the chambering sucks. Bullets matter more than headstamps and when a headstamp has no bullets worth a fhuqk available to it,the suck is beyond impressive. Hint.

The 204 cain't even begin to hang with a SAAMI 223,pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess. A VERY Wise Man once said: "the .224" 75 A-Max rates buildin' a rifle around". You could PM taylor for an exact quote. Laughing!

P.S. and by the way,I hear through the Grapevine that said MKII 204,is now a 1-8" 223AI in a McMillan wearin' DBM and fed via AM's and MDT's. Hint.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Again...there's no need to oblivious reiterate that you are devoid a first fhuqking clue,but the humor of you doing your best,is indeed fhuqking SENSATIONAL.

The Texas Version of EVERYTHING,is simply fhuqking hilarious!

Wow +P++....................

'gwe,

Swing for the fence.

But be CAREFUL...most are farrrrrrrrrrr more fhuqking STUPID,than you infer. Tell fredrica that is a purty word for "hint".

Laughing!

Hint..................(grin)

'Moses,

It ain't never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't.

Perhaps you are betting it ALL on being Reincarnated and getting your licks in on the next pass?!?

Best of "luck" there.

Laughing!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey now,

Leave me out of it.

I'm just here for the stupidity. LOL

Compact rifle from yesteryear.

Well worn Win. 94. No glass and terrible trigger, but still a handy little item and fun to shoot.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Big Stick, I am starting to enjoy your little tirades. It makes me want to pull out my old college psychology book. Anyways, it seems like you are very knowledgeable in shooting but you act like a little kid. Just like a little kid you throw a fuss so that people will pay attention to you.

My question of the day - did you always act like this? Did you start making a fuss in kindergarten or did you start acting like this latter in life? Did it come on slowly or did some action cause it to start right away?

PS I like to imagine that I have won more than 1 state rifle championships with a pretend rifle. I like to day dream about that sort of thing.

Do you dream too?

Only about being taller with hair.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
Lookin' for an update on all things 17 Remington here.

I use a Remington case, Hornady 25 grain bullets, CCI BR primers, and 24.5 grains of IMR 4320.

I shot 2 5 shoot groups at 100 yards, .55 inches and .675 inches. At which time I stood up from the bench and never looked back.

By the way I never new what "IMR" stood for until I get a old can of Improved Military Powder 4350.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Big Stick, a person who has made 37,895 posts is saying I sit on the couch too long.

Now my next question, do you act in a face to face situation, such as in a bar or a party, the same way as you do on this website?

Do you ever interface with other people other than on the internet? Do crowds make you nervous?

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Big Stick, a person who has made 37,895 posts is saying I sit on the couch too long.

Now my next question, do you act in a face to face situation, such as in a bar or a party, the same way as you do on this website?

Do you ever interface with other people other than on the internet? Do crowds make you nervous?

At 4' phuchk all he better like sausage.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sugar tits sugar tits
Stupid is setting that 6x45 up to shoot 2000 when she won't run a k. One of those little 1-4 jobs you were screaming about would really work on A 5#der.

Also I'm Kinda disappointed you made it to Spokane and never invited me over for a face to chest. I'm sure you'll get back there soon. Keep me posted. you could stand to lose 45 or so 🐔

Last edited by fredIII; 12/02/15.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
At 2000 yards those hand loads better be impeccable, just like his house keeping and rattle can/hacksaw 'smithing.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by taylorce1
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
[Linked Image]

Big snake, I can scare the crap out of my wife with that one!
If you look real close,you can see part of a Rock Hyrax. It was his breakfast.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by ingwe
Is this the thread where I can post pics of all my guns lined up and tell everyone here how stupid they are?
Reckon so.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/elkhunterinnm/th_IMG_2782.mp4[/img]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You nailed it ingwe! Of course, the posting pictures of what one has and telling others how stupid they are and how invalid their opinions are, applies to all of my friend Big Stick's posts. The problem is, if you listen to him, every picture and every accomplishment and every opinion, other than those provided by him, are pure fabrications. For just one day I would like to utilize that special crystal ball that he has whereby he knows all of this information about everybody else.

Keep on keeping on Big Stick/Boxer. You are entertaining, that's for sure. Maybe that's what you're going for. Sorry for whining. I'll shut up now, take notes, apply same, sit on the couch and lick the window.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Just did a little bit of imagination and pretend. That 6x45 with an 18.5" bbl. is off the node at 2525fps.

If you want a ghost of a chance at 2000 yards, or a more practical 600 yds max, start that bullet at 2500.5 fps.

You'll be sub sonic at ~1200yds and the bullet path will start to get real sketchy at ~800 yards, but what the hell it's all imagination and pretend blah blah x ad nauseam.

Your MQ x10 swfa, mudderphaqher with its mediocre glass will have the target blurring in and out, dancing up and down, at 600+ yards, well at least you can fondle the windshield while you wonder why your view doesn't match reality.......................but that's your secret.....hint

Anyway you can always jump up on my knee and tell me all about it

.........rehint

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

It is one of MANY threads here on the Campfire where you can do that. grin

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image]

Dink Snagger

Last edited by fredIII; 12/02/15.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The perfect kimber 6x45 scope.
[Linked Image]

I know they only work in the lower 48.

Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1minute, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,333 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,031
Posts18,500,564
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.