-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
GWB: Thats a dandy Aoudad, Blackbuck and foxes!

I can't wait to get back down to the petting zoo! grin

Gonna do some night calling too, what are the specs on your Remmy M7 Predator?

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
HR IC

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Lets see,

I've loaded for 6 different 17's. That one is a 17 Fireball.

My go to load in the past has been 18 gr. of Reloader 10x over a 20 gr. Hornady VMax at 1.810 oal. in the Remington model 7 Predator, with excellent results.

[Linked Image]

This is a Remington 700 VSF in 17 fireball. Here is a load it seems to like with the 23gr. Woodchuck Den Gold., 2015-BR powder and a1.805 OAL 3 shots, 100 yds. Not the highest velocity, but pretty good in the accuracy dept.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Night hunting is a ball, and can be done on the cheap. If you get the opportunity, pick up something like the Elusive Wildlife Technology XLR 250, or the Wicked Light 402. They flat work.

[Linked Image]

Recently upgraded to the 402 with variable rheostat for illumination and telescoping lens. Rather than be at full intensity and have to come down on a critter, one can turn the intensity/brightness all the way down, hold on a critter then turn the knob and increase the illumination gradually. Even though the green light is not supposed to spook critters, it does in my experience. I've tried this new iteration a several times now and it works great.

http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/wic...-red-led-for-predator-hog-night-hunting/

Best
GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Ive got a wicked light in green and have used it on pigs...works great as long as they are more than 25 yards away. Closer it spooks them, but after 25 they seem to not notice at all....

[Linked Image]

Called and shot a ton of foxes with a white light....

[Linked Image]

Gonna do some more of both in February down there.....can't wait. grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
good on ya'

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Not big game, but big entertainment. Shoot bunnies at nite with the kill light past 100 yds, where you mainly see their eyes shining and shoot for the shine.........

[Linked Image]

or perforate a porker

[Linked Image]

223 AI and a "schite" 52 grain Sierras.

out for now!

Best,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
GWB: Im gonna try a 60 NBT out of the .223AI on pig brains....I'll get back to you on how it works grin

Also might be using my POS Ruger #1 in a deuce stoked with 50 TTSXs....but Ive been told the cartridge, rifle, and scope were all crap, so it might not work.... wink

Might even use garden variety Hornady 55s in the deuce....

Last edited by ingwe; 12/03/15.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pimp that No.1 with some metallic see thru's.

Chit will die just by looking at it.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

Pimp that No.1 with some metallic see thru's.

Chit will die by just looking at it.

Thinking of that ( it has open sights and the see-thrus would be handy...) plus Im going to get a custom leopard print Bubba-Buddy made to hold the little .222 shells.... grin

Another plus..the see-thrus would let me mount a 50mm Hubble scope on it, with a side AO and Turrets to twirl! laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With the above, I'm sure you can make all lines intersect and connect many, many dots, never being forced to guess again.

I'd say you're well on your way to Lillipution Nirvana.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Sweet.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
[Linked Image]

Stick can you help me set up my next project properly? The rifle in question is a M788 in .30-30. Would an EGW 20 MOA base be the right call, or shim some Double D's for more cant? I'm thinking the 1-4 SS would be a better option on this particular rifle, but I'd really like to know what you think? What's the maximum POA/POI and subtension latitude I can pull off with 155 grain A-Max or Scenar with a case full of Lever at 2500 fps? I don't think I'll make 2000 yards but a mile should be easy between erector travel and the windshield.

According to JBM 155 A-Maxes @ 2500 fps isn't giving up much to your X45 and 105's the Lapua's even less. I already have the rifle handy and it thinks it's a varmint rifle, and it'll cut down on build time. I'm thinking I can order up a new scope, scope mount, rings, and the components. Then run a false shoulder, kiss the lands, find pressure, and rock on/whatever gets me closest to 2500 fps. I think we could be legendary together with our rifles in no time at all, what do you think?

Last edited by taylorce1; 12/04/15.
IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Blued steel and walnut ? No fuggin way. It don't matter what you do to that biodegradable POS it's still going to be a biodegradable POS. It won't maintain POI/POA if the humidity changes 1% and will rust away before your eyes if you stare at it hard. No doubt about it, Stick is the biggest little azzhole that's ever posted on the fire. I gave up trying to decipher his inbred, goat fugging, hillbilly gibberish long ago and everybody here would be better off if they did the same.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
elkkchunt,

Swing for the fhuqking fence and dangle a pic of that Trophy you got at Camp Coke Bottle,for sticking a magazine the furthest in your box.

You KNOW you wanna.

Laughing!................

'flave,

Unfortunately,most of it sails over pointy heads.

Hey wait...that might not be an "accident".

Laughing!...............

vikchunt,

Take it easy there Toots! taylor is on HEAVY meds and doing the best she can,collectin' food stamps and dreamin' big...don't go crushin' them "joys". She's doin' the Bigsqueeze/Safarimam Thing and rocking the schit outta her Imagination and just a coupla Posts away from faking death,as a Trump Card. Laughing!

Very GOOD fhuqking call to go right to fhuqking Whining and avoid ALL things The Rifle.

Hint.

Laughing!........................

'Homer,

You are talking out your ass,which is hardly anything "new". Please fawn over your Imaginary Pretend Rifle,in which ever manner eeks you the most "satisfaction". Have you cut out pics of it yet and tacked them to your wall?!? Laughing!

Now if only grant you more opportunity,to unleash your Imagination and it's Pretend...because it's funnier than fhuqk to watch Reality collide with Fantasy.

The NightFarce 5.5-22x 56 is impossible to get giddy about. It has sub 27.5 Mils of erector travel(less than 1Mil per ounce),weighs 32 ounces and is SFP to boot and subtension corrected at 22X,which means schit light gathering,lotsa mirage and their schit eye-relief,if only as starters. Hint.

Cheer up,the 50mm version is a piece of fhuqking schit too. Side by each extrapolations,are never not intellesting.

Just sayin'. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

The NightFarce BEAST is even funnier yet. But hey...it's got almost got a "whopping" 35Mils of ele erector travel. Hint.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

As to the Tac 338,which isn't happening either,it's tough to get giddy about. Jewell triggers and moving stock furniture,are heavy concessions that will puke in actual use. Loudeners are an easy pass too. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Fixed furniture trumps all,so pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess. My stuff actually EXISTS and sees obscene round counts. Hint.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

I don't know who's barrel they are using on House Builds currently,but I've only had (1) McMillan spout and I'd not do it again. 'Course I was never in love with the contour(Heavy Palma) or length(30")...but have had more than a few chopped/recontoured to meld balance/handling in a particular stock. I'm sooooooooo fhuqking done with long barrels. Hint.

Anywhoo...I'd want to make sure I could drive AM's 3.850" COAL DBM mags,would wanna throat in accordance to my whim and would wanna choose my contour,length,throat geometry and Maker. Mike Rock .338" spouts are wickedly wonderful and though Mike is gone,it'd be how I rolled if only for Retrostalgic Notions. Greg tends to have a few laying in wait. Google it.

Perhaps you should Secret Squirrel PM The Twatly Trifecta and get in on the "savings"...so you Do Nothing Day Dreaming Dumbfhuqks can score your first everything?!? Just saying.

GOOD talk.

Laughing!

Do NOT let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt.

You are doing "great"!................

fredrica,

Bless your heart.

Like YOU could afford a Red Ryder...let alone an Illuminati!?! At least Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can afford to "contribute". Bless your heart.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Oopsie.

Laughing!..............

heavysquawker,

Did you Banjo Gals able to come up with a Fixed Fhuqker down payment?!? Or another for your first camera?

Didn't think so. Laughing!

When you "shoot" your Imagination,roughly how "loud" does your Pretend make it for you?!?

Thanks for the keen firsthand insight.

Laughing!....................

kchunt oz,

Always entertaininger than fhuqk,when you drop in to Whine.

Though in actuality...what thefhuqk else COULD you "do"?!?

Bless your heart,you Amazingly Clueless Kchunt.

Wow +P+!...............

Shefire,

Awwww...shucks! You musta "forgot" about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore,again?!?

Laughing!

I'll feign my "surprise" that the concept of sealing Living Handles in the false hope of fending moisture intrusion,is TOTALLY lost upon you and "all" that you "do".

Now of course as Levers go,the BLR boasts alotta inherent advantages. Lose the barrel band,float the fore end,seal same and they become impervious to how they are shot. Much akin to a FF tube on an AR. Google it. Laughing!

Secondly,bedding/sealing the buttstock's melding to the reciever juncture,precludes them runnin' away and crackin',due both heavy round count and exposure to sumptin' called "weather". Google it. Laughing!

You'll haveta yet again pardon all facts,sailin' over your pointy head,furrowed brow and crossed-eyes...in no fhuqking particular order. Laughing!

At least Imagination and Pretend are priced within your means,so you get to "contribute" too,you lying Piece Of Schit Clueless Fhuqk.

You go girl!.............

SuperKchunt,

Pardon me while I'll yet again haveta' feign my "surprise",that you have more pictures of me Outdoors,than you do of yourself. Congratulations?!?

I should be charging you rent as well,for as often as you think about me...but my gracious nature precludes pryin' pennies from them without. You LUCKY kchunt!

Laughing!

You REALLY get after it.

Bless your heart................

g',

JEEZUS fhuqk...you do NOT need to keep on reiterating your simply amazing fhuqking CLUELESSNESS!

But it's funnier than fhuq,that you do.

Bless your heart!................

'gwe,

Joe Average sure the fhuqk ain't very bright.

No need to pour gas upon the Napalm of obvious.

Hint..................

'Moses,

The ONLY fhuqking way to Pimp a Number One...is to hang a "For Sale" sign on the piece of fhuqking schit and HOPE there is someone/somewhere,fhuqking STUPID enough to bite.

Hint.

Just saying.

Mainly because I got the t-shirts.................

taylor,

I enjoy how "real" your Imagination and it's Pretend,are to you.

REALLY getta kick,how you Do Nothing Dumb Fhuqks DREAM so "vividly" about being fortunate enough,to rub shoulders with me! FUNNY schit!!!

Now you really got me on the ropes,as I've never seen a 788 and am atta loss as to who even Makes 'em. So less that intel,I couldn't formulate an opinion,as I couldn't reliably factor how to mount glass upon same.

Give or fhuqking take,you AMAZINGLY STUPID Fhuqk.

[Linked Image]

Like YOU could afford a Skinner!

Woweeeeeeeee...I'm fhuqking cryin' I'm laughing soooooooooooo hard!!!!

Take a pill..............

Blackheart,

Didja' FINALLY amass the jingle to buy your first camera?!?

Didn't think so.

Laughing!

Be sure to squint extry hard,to add some "reality" to your Imagination and it's Pretend. Laughing!

Bless your heart,you sappy Day Dreaming Do Nothing Clueless Kchunt.

You gals are on FIRE!!!

Laughing!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Blued steel and walnut ? No fuggin way. It don't matter what you do to that biodegradable POS it's still going to be a biodegradable POS. It won't maintain POI/POA if the humidity changes 1% and will rust away before your eyes if you stare at it hard. No doubt about it, Stick is the biggest little azzhole that's ever posted on the fire. I gave up trying to decipher his inbred, goat fugging, hillbilly gibberish long ago and everybody here would be better off if they did the same.

Good thing I live in an arid climate that rarely sees a 1% humidy change. That said I can get any McMillan Remington stock inlet for the M788, so getting a quality stock isn't an issue. Cerakote is always on the tabel as well for a little bit of rust preventive.

Besides I understand Big Stick perfectly, like in the above post. He thinks that I thought he didn't have a clue about the M788 Remington, but the only thing I put in for his benefit was the cartridge it's chambered in. I did this because I doubt he could figure it out from my one crappy picture I posted.

He's also laughing at me for being in his opinion a know nothing, do nothing couch potato. He's also implying that I can't scrape the money together to buy Lapua Scenar bullets, because no one makes money like he does nor has the toys to prove it. However, he lacks creativity in his posts by his obvious usage of conditioned responses. Since he lacks the ability to change things up or use his "big boy" words it's easy to understand his aboriginal bush person lingo.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Sugar tits, you remain as full of phuqcking schit as you were when the words 2000 yard line rolled off your chubby little fingers. Your loudly touted experience with same is a gawd damned riot if only because there ain't none. Pardon me being afforded the luxury of not being forced to take your word for it.

The only thing you phuqkcing have that I can't afford is your eating habits you fat piece of phuqcking schit.

REALLY GOOD Talk... LMAO

[Linked Image]

Last edited by heavywalker; 12/04/15.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Not bad for 15 as fast as she'll go. Love me some Leupold. And just in case that poor barrel wears out.

[Linked Image]

Kinda like 1/11 twisted.308 they kill dinky elk like a charm.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by fredIII; 12/04/15.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dan_oz
Good on you blokes for keeping the Alaskan blowhard busy here. Saves him spreading his imagination, pretend, and incoherent invective into other threads. Top work!

x2 the boys deserve a metal. grin

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
They show alot of mettle when they meddle.
That's for sure....

But they'd probably prefer a medal?

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jackmountain
That's for sure....

D'oh! darn autoerect. lol

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by jackmountain
That's for sure....

Me being the self-appointed spelling/grammar Nazi..I have to say...

I like this! laugh

Page 8 of 17 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1Akshooter, 007FJ, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,373 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,046
Posts18,500,875
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.