Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
HR IC

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The reduced loads in my .223 ( with spinning turret) were kicking my azz so I had to step down a couple notches to a Daisy ( as in " you're a Daisy if you do..." ) throwing a .17 caliber pellet, weighing .17 grains at a blistering 660 fps!
City Park is missing one of its inhabitants.

[Linked Image]

Oh, and I caught my second fish! laugh

[Linked Image]

Its been a good season!

And since you are posting pics of bears wearing hats, Ive got this one of a Deep South Florida Gators fan...
I think he's from " The Inner City".....

[Linked Image]

Last edited by ingwe; 12/05/15.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Nut- What pack is that?

That one is a Hornhunter G2.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
No turrets on a Merkel .470 NE. Stopped the charging squirrel just 7.125 paces from my feet.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by 1Deernut
I don't have any cool pics of stacks of gun or game, but I did shoot this backpack on my last antelope hunt.
And I did it with a .223AI...

[Linked Image]

I shot a backpack as well on a recent bear hunt. Took a break on a bench. My headstamp is not as cool as yours. Slummin a dang 'ol boring 308.

[Linked Image]

OMG! Its a Kimber too!

I heard if it weren't for gravity you couldn't hit the earth with a Kimber! wink

I'm highly offended that the blue tape was not mentioned. cry

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I was wondering how long before gitem 'contributed'.

Funny I was wondering how long it would be before you came up for air...

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Is the can on you creed a straight up 6.5 or will it fit a 308 as well. You mentioned you were less than impressed with the cover that it slips forward. How does it do for eating the decimals.
[Linked Image]

It slipped off LOL.

Last edited by fredIII; 12/06/15.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gomer,

You AMAZINGLY stupid fhuqk,I never cited you "using" anything...mainly because the ONLY thing you shoot is your mouth and Imagination. Hint.

Is this where you attempt to "tell" me about dwell time?!? I've never even seen or shot a .284" 162 Poly,BTHP or SP. Laughing! Google it.

You were fixin' to "tell" me about 338's and scopes too. Laughing!

I've never even seen a Salvage,let alone a Sillywet version.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Can't wait for you to "tell" me more.

As an aside....Mossberg is my favorite,especially when wearing ER Shaw spouts and BSA glass.

[Linked Image]

Laughing!

Cheer up,that Bear was from allllllllllllll the way back in April of this year. They move early on The Milford.

Wow +P++!................

fredrica,

I enjoy your high-pitched nasal Whine,itty-bitty foot stompin' and the red faced breath holdin'...as you list insecurity after insecurity and ware after ware,beyond your "means","abilities" and "comprehension".

You can't even afford to pay attention. At least Imagination and Pretend are priced in sucha manner,that you can "contribute". To your "credit",you do suck a mean ass!

Laughing!

Bless your heart..............

heavysquawker,

Cheer up,in another 20yrs of saving,you might just score your first camera. Laughing!

I enjoy your Whining about wares you've never even seen,let alone used,as your Trump Card.

EPIC fhuqking humor!!!

Looking forward to your next Whine and even more Excuses.

You go girl!

Laughing!.................

'12,

It's your Imagination,be certain to Pretend with it as you MUST. Hint.

I'll feign my "surprise",that all you can ever "do" is offer increased Estrogen Levels and a right proper Vagina Monologue.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...............

'22,

Imagination and Pretend are priced within her "means".

The "lucky" kchunt.

Laughing!..................

'gwe,

I've never seen a Powerline 880. Laughing!

Pass the Feinwerkbau 300S,RWS 1pc .025" inclination, RWS 8.2gr R-10 fodder and 10x Fixed Fhuqker. Hint.

[Linked Image]

One day I hope to catch a Trout better than 12". Laughing!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Just sayin'..................

'nut,

Has that pack ever toted anything,other than Stupidity?!?

Didn't think so.

Laughing!..................

elkkchunt,

Bitchin' pic of The Peckerpole Patch. Laughing!

Never have seen a 470 N.E....especially in a Butch Searcy S/S Double within The Old Growth Patch with Critters. Undoubtedly you cain't see the bear,through your Coke Bottles. Bless your heart.

Laughing!

[Linked Image]

You gals REALLY get after it.

Laughing!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[quote=ingwe]I don't have any cool pics of stacks of gun or game, but I did shoot this backpack on my last antelope hunt.

[Linked Image]

I shot a backpack as well on a recent bear hunt. Took a break on a bench. My headstamp is not as cool as yours. Slummin a dang 'ol boring 308.

[Linked Image] [/quo

OMG! Its a Kimber too!

I heard if it weren't for gravity you couldn't hit the earth with a Kimber! wink

I knew that I had slighted you and its been bothering me all morning...... grin

I sure hope I haven't offended Stick...... whistle

Last edited by ingwe; 12/06/15.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=ingwe]I don't have any cool pics of stacks of gun or game, but I did shoot this backpack on my last antelope hunt.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] [/quo

OMG! Its a Kimber too!

I knew that I had slighted you and its been bothering me all morning...... grin

I sure hope I haven't offended Stick...... whistle

Who?

Nut

Thomas Jefferson

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Think you meant sugar tits.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Sugar tits exactly how high are your estrogen levels? With the frequency of you tantrums and the size of your bitch tits I'd say ifn you pissed on a stick it would phuqcking +P.

Again I feign surprise that you went outta your way to avoid how full of phuqcking schit you are. Being so phuqcking happy that your goat phuqcked bases and good value scope can get you waaaaay phuqcking beyond your ability is priceless. If you do ever manage to pry your chunt offa the couch and attempt your 2k please please post results of same as it will bring epic phuqcking humor to the conversation for starters. And don't forget the 6x or the rangefinder that can't get there. LMFAO

Oh you fat phuqcks are a hoot.

As always good talk!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Big Stick, I must admit when I first came onto this site, not too long ago, I really thought you were an [bleep] and that was it.

But over the last couple of days you have made me more and more curious. There must be a reason you act like this and I really would like to know.

Are you being picked on at work or at home etc. so you try and act tough here?

Do you have a problem with alcohol?

Has your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend left you so you are at war with the world?

Maybe some of the other participants in this "conversation" can let me know.

Also, you really need to pull up your pants, or maybe buy new ones. I am sure you can afford them.

Also the rifle, is that a wood stock? I am sure it is just plastic painted brown. And what kind of scope is on it? And the caliber? And what load do you use?

Oh, I also wanted to mention the picture you showed comparing the two scopes. It was actually pretty informative. But did the young man have a cut in his forehead from a scope? If so did it happen because of his position or the way the rifle was set up?

Last edited by 14Homer; 12/06/15.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
On another note. Earlier I said how much I like the .17 Remington. I really do but when you are out calling foxes and a bear shows up they suck.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Can we go back a bit on this rifle/cartridge?

Originally Posted by Big Stick

The 18.5" 6x45 has 40+ Mils of available erector travel from it's 200yd zero. The windshield alone gets it to the 925yd line with 105A-Max. The erector alone,will reach the 1800yd line. Add the 10 on the windshield and that's the 2000yd line on the nose. + .010" eccentric in stern,- .010" in front and 50 MOA stabbed under rear base,for a 75MOA total inclination system.

[Linked Image]

Rest assured...there's method to the madness.

It's a Mind Fhuqk......................(grin)

Now if you remember I asked you why set your rifle up for 2000 yards when the bullet at sea level will go subsonic before 1000 yards. Now I understand you wanted to maximize your POA/POI intersection and maximize the subtension latitudes of the MQ reticle, because you told me this in no uncertain terms. Just as you told me the twist of your barrel was going to keep your 105 A-Max stabilized as it went from super to subsonic, again in no uncertain terms.

I finally have my computer back from the repair shop and could run your numbers through the Applied Ballistics software. Using Brian Litz's Weapon Employment Zone calculator I learned some interesting things using a standard 20x36 inch iron maiden about your shot probability at 1000 and 2000 yards with a high confidence shot as defined.

Originally Posted by Applied Ballistics Calculator

Wind Estimation: +/- 1 mph
Rants Estimation: +/- 1 meter
Rifle Precision: 0.5 MOA
Muzzle Velocity: 10 fps SD

With a high confidence shot and a 200 yard zero you have a 70.6% chance of hitting your target at 1000 yards, which isn't a horrible percentage. However at 2000 yards your hits on target percentage drops to 5.5%. Going to 1100 yards drops you to 56%, but shortening up the range to 700 yards gives you almost a 99% hit probability.

Seems to me I need to ask again why bother setting it up for a 2000 yard shot, when clearly the cartridge isn't capable? If there truly is a "method to the madness" I don't see it, unless you just deal daily in unrealistic expectations. If that's the case, then it really explains a lot.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sugar tits has no interest in facts. Although the fact he looks to be ready to lactate has escaped only him.

Last edited by fredIII; 12/06/15.
N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
"Lil' Larry the Lippy Lactator"?

phuqk, my face hurts from LMFAO

To the OP get yourself a RACompact (18" barrel) SS in .223, plus a RAR SS in .243 or 708 which ever suits your fancy and cut the barrel to 20"..

If you don't mind blued then get a RAPredator in 6.5 Creed..

Haven't spent much time with Creed but most 5 shot groups at 300M are running around 2.8" with the best being 1.97" using IMR4451 under 140gr. A-Max's..

And to you "squirrel boy" keep up the good work!
You are doing "grate"..

Last edited by Nrut; 12/06/15.

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Big Stick

g',

JEEZUS fhuqk...you do NOT need to keep on reiterating your CLUELESSNESS!

B,

What's the ol' bromide about wrestling with a pig.....

the pig loves it, but you just get muddy...........

[Linked Image]

so with that in mind.........

Thumped this one yesterday eve just before dark-thirty
@ 125 yds. give or take........

[Linked Image]

Waited till he got on this side of the mud, but it was a bang/flop. The bang of the 140 gr. Sierra Spitzer flopped him into the mud. LOL

But what the hey.......

a few pails of water and he was ready to skin!

[Linked Image]

caught him right behind the ear on the right side.

[Linked Image]

entrance

I was shooting down hill at about a 15 degree angle, the 140 gr. Sierra "Schite" exited just under and behind his left front leg.

[Linked Image]

exit.

JAPPFT,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Another testament to a “schite” bullet.

Got this one Saturday morning, just as it was getting light enough to see the crosshairs. He and his pard came out of the brush.
I’d not had the chance to yet blood my latest Merkel.

[Linked Image]
It’s a K3 in 308 Win. The 150 grain “Schite” Nosler Accubond pretty much knocked his dick in the dirt at +/- 90 yds.

[Linked Image]
Entry

[Linked Image]
Exit.

Those Accubonds are the Schizz
Bang
Flop
And next thing ya’ know

[Linked Image]

A pig mobil.

JAPPFT,

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W

Gee, Very Cool!!!

Molon Labe
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (222Sako, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 1minute, 1Longbow, 50 invisible), 2,301 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,026
Posts18,500,526
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.