-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What a wonderful two year trip for all involved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Outstanding. grin

[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks cross,
to you and mack for sharing this with us.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
And now for the rest of the story.

It has been said before this project fell into our lap through some work my father did for someone. That gave us the action and me an idea. My father and I have had our differences mainly because we are to much alike in some ways but so very different in others. We have never been able to do a father son project and that was the lie I told to get him on board. In reality this was to be a gift from me to him for being the man he is and the person I have looked up to my whole life.
So for the last 2 years I have had very little input into how this rifle progressed as I wanted it to be what he wanted. The side benefit of this is I have now spent more time with my father whether on the phone and now in person than I have since I was a child. In addition my dad has gotten to know Greg over the phone and it became evident to me that this gift needed to be given in his presence. Hence the trip to AZ.
My dad is one year older than what the gift was for but the gift has been delivered. Greg brought us to the perfect spot to tell my father. With the sunsetting over the range and in historic spot I finally told my father what the last 2 years were about. I would be fibbing if I said I didn't shed a tear or 2.
There are a few more pics and some new destinations since we left Greg's but the main reason for the trip has been completed.
Greg thank you for everything you have did from day one, you are welcome in my home any time as a friend but more importantly as family.

We are in Prescott tonight so if there are any fire members that would like to have a cold one and a meal let me know!

Last edited by mack5511; 12/10/15.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hey,....that was a pretty squared away and very important moment, and I'm going to let another Kitten out of the bag,...the way you two were huggin' on one another up there would not have been acceptable for ANYBODY but a father and son.....something got in my eye, too.

So it's a year late,....Happy B-day, Dabble.

Blessings on this Campfire Site, ...and all of the WONDERFUL folk it puts into contact / dialogue.

Semper Coonass!

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hell of a journey taken there and with a solid wrap up.

Good on all of you for that...on more levels that I can list.

Dan

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good job, Gentlemen. Kudos to all. I am sure that rifle will shoot as good as it looks.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great stuff. Things like this are why I stay around the 'fire.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
Great stuff. Things like this are why I stay around the 'fire.

Amen, Brother Tom, Amen

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

650 members (160user, 1badf350, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,780 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,237
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.