-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just stop sending gifts and they might return the favor. If you give a gift you shouldn't ever expect anything in return so whether you're giving or receiving it should be with no expectations of reciprocation

Merry effing Christmas

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Festivus is your huckleberry

queers have claimed that.

[Linked Image]

Even have their own pole.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I used to be like you. I quite doing all that crap. Me and the wife don't exchange gifts. We buy for our kids get our parents a gift card and that's about it. I don't go into any stores in December other than for groceries or the hardware or sporting goods store. I don't listen to the music and try to avoid it if at all possable until Christmas day. Works for me.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
V
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
V
I hate the 14 large plastic bins of Christmas decorations that I have to get out and put up every year. My wife must have 100 Nativity scenes.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I buy for my wife ad our girls.

Omthats it BILS/SiLs, get a card, same with siblings.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

[Linked Image]

That abomination is sitting in the State Capital rotunda this afternoon, some Pole Smoker from Florida petitioned for an exhibit, and since it didn't violate any of the rules, they let him put it up today. The deviants have even Bastardized Festivus.! I tried arguing with some of them, but they don't even know what Festivus is, either too young or too stupid to figure it out. They think it's some new holiday expression that they need to be a part of, and they get fighting mad if they can't gay it up because otherwise they're being excluded.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Got to say Im not a Xmas person Maddog I like the way you think!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
We buy for our kids and help out local kids that need the help. Fugg the rest of it.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
pretty well sums it up for me too. now that my kids are pretty well adults (size anyway), my favorite part of christmas is christmas eve. go to church, hear the story, sing the songs, nice quiet night. too bad its going to be like 70 degrees here.

My diploma is a DD214
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Scrooge

Yup.

"Marley was dead,to begin with. There is no doubt whatever about that......"

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B3

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
We are minimalists with Christmas.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A

[Linked Image]

Is that a snow globe on the top?

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Ryan,i have told the wife that if she sees something she wants,get it because i quit getting her things and she don't use/like them.

And you called it right about Lubbock,crazy drivers.

Might see if i can find some neat rocks for her.
Merry Christmas

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Akbob5

[Linked Image]

Is that a snow globe on the top?

either that or a disco ball.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
TRUE CHRISTMAS....was abandoned a long time ago!

To me.....CHRISTMAS is FAMILY....and recalling that our Savior was born at this time!

There will be MANY surprises....on JUDGEMENT DAY!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RyanTX
I guess, in my frustration today, I wasn't clear in my rant. I like giving thoughtful gifts to people I care about and to those in need. I am thankful when someone I know gives me something that they put thought into (regardless of cost or no cost).

I agree with the distaste for the commercialization of it all, still enjoy seeing a select few people and the exchange of meaningful gifts with those who I'm closest to.

That's why I enjoy Thanksgiving the most of all Holidays, see the people I usually want to see and other than bringing a pie or a bottle of wine there are no expectations.

Life is just one damned thing after another
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Grandson is now 20months old and having a toddler about just makes Christmas...He's still not quite sure what all the fuss is about, although he has figured out the choclates on the tree thing!

Can't wait untill he sees the presents under the tree and starts unwrapping them...

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by RyanTX
I hate getting Christmas cards that just have some goofy catch phrase that rhymes and just has their name signed. If you don't think enough of me to write something personal, that's fine but keep the stupid card or send it to someone else.
+1 that's funny!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
America is all about commercialization of any and everything. The land of the (interest) free (for 6 months credit card) and the home of the brave (Christmas season driver).

Thanksgiving is twice the holiday Christmas is, for family anyway. Ain't the same since Dad died though. Still, farmers gotta sell those Turkeys and cranberry sauce.

I'm convinced Halloween was actually invented by the pumpkin farmers. You couldn't give one of them damn things away otherwise. They don't even blow up right when you shoot 'em, unless you fill them full of water first. Worthless berries anyhow. Yeah, berries. Google it.

Easter? What should be an amazing day to remember the death and resurrection of Christ is nothing more than a ploy to sell stupid baskets no one wants. What are those things made out of anyway? Maybe if we knew that we could figure out who's behind this whole scheme! While we're at it, let's get a jump start on diabetes for the kids by filling the basket full of sugar! Who doesn't enjoy a 5 year old with 12,000 calories coursing through their precious little body for 2 days straight?

July 4th? Independence Day! WooHoo!!! Let's go out and spend $300 on cheap Chinese fireworks to celebrate our Independence from foreign powers that would rule us! Do I need to point out the irony of this tradition? Oh, and let's do it during fire season. Priceless!

Yeah, while I like the extra days off from work everyone gets, and who doesn't like to eat, if there was a way to stick a hot poker in the eyes of the 10 guys that dreamed up the "Holiday Traditions" we now "enjoy", I'd be all in for that. Screw them fellas.

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pete E
Grandson is now 20months old and having a toddler about just makes Christmas...He's still not quite sure what all the fuss is about, although he has figured out the choclates on the tree thing!

Can't wait untill he sees the presents under the tree and starts unwrapping them...

Don't worry he'll figure it out a lot faster than he was potty trained. Hey Grandpa, next year be prepared to purchase the next generation $750 handheld personal communication device for the little fella. After all, how can he call for more chocolate from the crib without a cell phone?

LOL
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

494 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 12344mag, 48 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 580 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,444
Posts18,507,827
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.