Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Jason280
I'm looking at picking up a Winchester, but not sure how to price it. Its a Winchester 70 Super Grade in .300 WM, with controlled round feeding and beautiful wood stock. Gun is in good to very good condition, but will need some cleaning. I'm not a big fan of the .300 WM, but love these 70 SG guns. Its probably an 80s or early 90's gun, any guesses on a fair price? No box or papers, just scope mount.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas!

$850-$1,000.00

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Name dropping to raise my street credibility? You never met Jack O'Connor and if you had I doubt you would write what you did! The Internet is laced with hastily thrown together remarks. I have seen more custom rifles than most have. I think my overall point is very clear. BACO quality was one shot you fired, not worth more than $500! I got that point!

I have quite a few Model 70s. I still own one I used from very many years ago, and I have owned about each stage of Model 70 rifle make. I also have seen Brownings, and generally they are very well done. I also have seen Miroku 94s and the best single 94 custom I ever saw was built there during the occupation of Japan. I have four Model 70s made during the last four years. The one I would part company with quickest would be the earliest Model 70. I have one from the Winchester Custom Shp which I was told was one of the last Custom Shop rifle was one of the last before Winchester closed their doors in New Haven.

Lastly since I have seen gun stock grading from many custom stockers, blank sellers, etc, I would point out that there is a big difference between a stock which has figure on the butt and not on the fore end etc, All this effects final price, new or used. Sometimes it even matters if the gun was owned by someone known in the rifle industry. Many of those rifles end up in Cody, the JOC Center, etc.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by DaveyJ
Name dropping to raise my street credibility? You never met Jack O'Connor and if you had I doubt you would write what you did! The Internet is laced with hastily thrown together remarks. I have seen more custom rifles than most have. I think my overall point is very clear. BACO quality was one shot you fired, not worth more than $500! I got that point!

And where do tell did I make that statement about BACO quality and $500? Or make that point? Or whatever it is you're trying to say? BTW, I did meet the real Santa Claus once. Does that count if the conversation turns to fat guys in red clothing? laugh

I have quite a few Model 70s. I still own one I used from very many years ago, and I have owned about each stage of Model 70 rifle make.

Wow. I'm completely impressed. You must be older than you sound when you get the keyboard smoking.

Lastly since I have seen gun stock grading from many custom stockers, blank sellers, etc, I would point out that there is a big difference between a stock which has figure on the butt and not on the fore end etc, All this effects final price, new or used. Sometimes it even matters if the gun was owned by someone known in the rifle industry. Many of those rifles end up in Cody, the JOC Center, etc.

LOL. More rambling about things anyone might have read in a book.

Again, what's your point? Other than you "have never seen a used one sold ever!"

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
You are indeed proof that evolution can work in reverse!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
You are indeed proof that evolution can work in reverse!

And once again you affirm that the only original thoughts you have are based on what you read.

BTW - I saw a used but in great shape Win 70 Super Grade for sale on consignment in a gun shop yesterday. Just set out yesterday for the first time. The seller is asking $900. Its a 7MM Rem Mag. Nice wood. Want me to hook you up?

TFF.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (338rcm, 7mm_Loco, 35, 6mmbrfan, 1_deuce, 11 invisible), 1,371 guests, and 808 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,450
Posts18,507,949
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.