Hop To
Page 9 of 26 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by SBTCO

No where did Formid. claim that serving mil personnel were swapping SWFA scopes for work related equip.

Originally Posted by Formidilosus
A group of some of the best shooters in the military that can quite literally use whatever scope that they want are using personally purchased SS 1-6x scopes because they stay zeroed...

Guessin is so silly.

Might want to actually read the posts in the thread and not come off like a retard.

Just sayin. laugh

Yep, Touche! I get the retard for the day award. I haven't gone through this thread since it first started and should have checked the post instead of relying on post Christmas/holiday cheer suppressed memory. What I should have said was:

"BFD! Magdood. I couldn't care less what he has done shooting wise. From the majority of the posts I have seen of JB's he brings little to the discussion other than how f'ing great he is and not much else. This thread is a perfect example.

JBurns missed an opportunity that most professionals would have jumped at by getting the details from Formidilosus on what the problems were with the Luepold scopes and then goose Leupold to rectify the problem since he's a dealer. He could have helped fix a problem which would make for a better product for everyone, make a valuable contact, and increased his credentials here on the forums which in turn would have helped his business.

For long range shooting and glass, I'll take advice from Formidilosus any day of the week. If I want a good laugh from an arrogant prick I'll just dial Johnny B. good and grab the jiffy pop."

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Bluemonday

For long range shooting and glass, I'll take advice from Formidilosus any day of the week. If I want a good laugh from an arrogant prick I'll just dial Johnny B. good and grab the jiffy pop.

I think a day or two on the range with either of them would be enlightening.

Agreed. I'd learn a lot from both. One would teach me how to shoot, the other would teach me how great his shyte is.

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yep, Touche!...//... What I should have said was:

"BFD! Magdood. I couldn't care less what he has done shooting wise. From the majority of the posts I have seen of JB's he brings little to the discussion other than how f'ing great he is and not much else. This thread is a perfect example.

JBurns missed an opportunity that most professionals would have jumped at by getting the details from Formidilosus on what the problems were with the Luepold scopes and then goose Leupold to rectify the problem since he's a dealer. He could have helped fix a problem which would make for a better product for everyone, make a valuable contact, and increased his credentials here on the forums which in turn would have helped his business.

For long range shooting and glass, I'll take advice from Formidilosus any day of the week. If I want a good laugh from an arrogant prick I'll just dial Johnny B. good and grab the jiffy pop."

That's basically what you did post azzhole.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Agreed. I'd learn a lot from both. One would teach me how to shoot, the other would teach me how great his shyte is.

Perhaps you can point out where John Burns posted erroneous information. I don't believe he did, but I'd like to see you try and interpret one of his posts that you find wrong.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Being an fng to long range shooting I try to learn as much as I can from threads like this and I have learned a lot from Mr. Burns, albeit nothing shooting related. He is truly an island unto himself, so to speak.

John knows how to shoot. Either one or two years ago a group of long-range shooters gathered in Montana I believe. Among them was John Burns. He's pictured with a 3' round steel plate (the picture was posted on this board). He hit it 3 out of 3 times at 1760 yards, with a cross wind that was blowing (I may have this wrong) a steady 30 mph. He's been more than willing to answer any question I asked him for the entire time he's been on this board. Stick took an instant dislike to John and began to attack him in his own unique way, which of course attracted the Stickophants to join in and pile up on John.

However, despite the barbs slung his way you can't say John isn't one of the best marksmen you've seen. Are some better? I don't know. I'm not good enough to criticize anyone's shooting skills. I know Stick is damned good. A while back, after getting some information on his shooting habits from people who know him, I estimated that he's very likely shot over a million rounds in the last 30 years. He routinely lays out a dozen rifles he's been shooting that day. He shoots them all, testing and finding the best loads, etc. His photos have more rifles in them than I own.

But, back to John; hitting a 3' round steel plate, 3 times out of 3 shots at 1760 yards in a high crosswind ain't luck and John doesn't guess either. He doesn't receive the credit he deserves as a marksman because some posters had a problem with the shooting system he was selling. If you don't like his rifle, scope and custom loaded ammunition tailored to that rifle, don't buy it.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe EHG pointed out some image proof that there was some confusion in those three hits on that plate at the Ice Breaker Challenge....

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9640942/10

Last edited by 32_20fan; 01/03/16.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluemonday
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Typical of anonymous swingin' dicks on the Internet who've never accomplished schidt in their pitiful and pathetic lives to try to run down someone who has.

Funny as fuuk!!!

laugh

Yessir, I just sit here in Mom's basement and watch videos of HALO jumps.

To clarify, my post wasn't directed at you but to all the other fuuk faces on this thread. smile

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Them in the know play a bit different game. cool

That rings kind of hollow, what with the respective answers to the question each of you asked the other about how long you'd been a US military sniper.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
He hit it 3 out of 3 times at 1760 yards, with a cross wind that was blowing (I may have this wrong)....

Yes, you do.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Wow! I waded through all these pages of bickering, trying to gleen which SS, etc to maybe top a LR play rig. While I don't know any of you from Adam's housecat, now we've got someone requesting photos and personal information, along with equipment details directly related to TTPs, of probable special operations personnel, on an open internet forum. So, instead of worrying about a scope, I'm head-scratching over if this JB cat's comments need forwarding to an SSO, as a potential eliciting attempt? confused cool

Anyhow, it'd be nice to get info w/o having to be subjected to the constant pecker measuring, like its a gay stripper bar up in here.

FWIW, I'm not sure what replaced them, but I know all of the last batch of NF5-25x56 got sent back to drmo, from at least one entire SF group. There's also a HUGE mix of optics in use at that level AND commander's exceptions to policy for damned near anything a team guy feels he needs for mission.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Perhaps you can point out where John Burns posted erroneous information. I don't believe he did, but I'd like to see you try and interpret one of his posts that you find wrong.

It's not about interpreting anything. Burns has the opportunity to advance the art of shooting(long range or otherwise)by passing along useful information, which is the whole point of the forums. But instead he chooses to go full rooster mode and drags perfectly good threads into the garbage pit.

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
Wow! I waded through all these pages of bickering, trying to gleen which SS, etc to maybe top a LR play rig. While I don't know any of you from Adam's housecat, now we've got someone requesting photos and personal information, along with equipment details directly related to TTPs, of probable special operations personnel, on an open internet forum. So, instead of worrying about a scope, I'm head-scratching over if this JB cat's comments need forwarding to an SSO, as a potential eliciting attempt? confused cool

Anyhow, it'd be nice to get info w/o having to be subjected to the constant pecker measuring, like its a gay stripper bar up in here.

FWIW, I'm not sure what replaced them, but I know all of the last batch of NF5-25x56 got sent back to drmo, from at least one entire SF group. There's also a HUGE mix of optics in use at that level AND commander's exceptions to policy for damned near anything a team guy feels he needs for mission.

I've had great success with the straight 6X with milquad and mil turrets.

Well over 1,000 rounds at this point on my .308. Can't find anything wrong with it.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
4W, you're correct. A guy asks a simple question in regard to simple quality. To hear hands on reviews of a product. Only to put up with the dick measures, and frustrated wana be human SUPER SNIPERS. LMAO Only on the fuggin internet.

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by deflave

Well over 1,000 rounds at this point on my .308. Can't find anything wrong with it.

Travis

THANKS

Take care, Willie

Cry to the heavens and let slip the dogs of war. For they must feed on the bones of tyranny. In order for men to have freedom and liberty.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Travis

Thanks Travis. Sincerely...thank you.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Does anyone here actually have a broken Leupold.... currently?

If so..... why not ship it to a couple other guys here for verification of its phuqedupedness?

Ohhhhhh..... that's right..... you already sent it back for repair..... "Got it back in two weeks".....

I'd like to buy the next "titis-up" or "poor tracking" Leupold that you're getting ready to send back..... just to see WTF.

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Travis

Travis, would you consider that particular scope OK for hunting in big timber? I have a rifle I like to take both the range and hunt with. My only concern is if the reticle is heavy enough for 48 year old reasonable good eyes in the big woods at near dark.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by smokepole
He hit it 3 out of 3 times at 1760 yards, with a cross wind that was blowing (I may have this wrong)....

Yes, you do.

Then post the correct information.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole

Yes, you do.

Then post the correct information.

Scroll up a little bit. 32_20fan posted a link.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Dogshooter
Does anyone here actually have a broken Leupold.... currently?

If so..... why not ship it to a couple other guys here for verification of its phuqedupedness?

Ohhhhhh..... that's right..... you already sent it back for repair..... "Got it back in two weeks".....

I'd like to buy the next "titis-up" or "poor tracking" Leupold that you're getting ready to send back..... just to see WTF.

I think I have one that isn't tracking properly. Meaning MOA does not = MOA.

But I have no desire to sell it. I'm just going to get it corrected.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Travis, would you consider that particular scope OK for hunting in big timber? I have a rifle I like to take both the range and hunt with. My only concern is if the reticle is heavy enough for 48 year old reasonable good eyes in the big woods at near dark.

I tend to avoid trees but I have no problem seeing the reticle in low light. I'm 38. And typically drunk.

Dave

Page 9 of 26 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 160user, 19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 46 invisible), 2,953 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,657
Posts18,533,963
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.